Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will GTA Online look as good as the story mode?

14 replies to this topic
MooseHTX
  • MooseHTX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

I have seen multiple posts saying that Grand Theft Auto multiplayer doesn't ever look as good as the regular campaign. I am getting kind of worried now. I don't want GTA Online to have worse graphics than the story mode. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? confused.gif

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

Leslie Benzies said yes, it will look pretty much just like the single player.

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

In an interview with Leslie Benzies he said that he's not sure how, but there is hardly any difference between single and multi-player. He did say the cars were rendered slightly different though.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

I expect that there will be less AI for sure, graphically there will probably be no difference besides the already stated lower graphical quality of the cars, both of these items take up a lot of RAM, and as we all know this is quite a limited resource on both consoles.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

Lower graphical quality of the cars? What?

Like, no damage or?

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

Not talking about damage or so, most likely lower resolution textures. Pretty much what Leslie Benzies said anyways, that's all he stated. We'll have to wait until it's released to know for sure.

Honestly it won't really make much difference anyways, no need to worry.

Booya818
  • Booya818

Firestarter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'm pretty sure he said some details on the cars will be streamed so there may be minor differences but I doubt it will be easy to notice.

Eddie Dean
  • Eddie Dean

Addict

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'm also expecting a lower draw distance on the cars (correct if I'm totally wrong though).

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

the game looked the same to me in both gameplay trailers so if there is a difference it is very small.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Oh. I can live with less sharp textures.

Troll_Hunter
  • Troll_Hunter

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

GTA V o'clock guys said the visuals look a bit less polished than the trailers but the game still looks fantastic. If there are any noticeable visual differences, it'll be between what's shown in the trailers and the final build of the game. I imagine single player and Online will look almost identical.

V8VANTAGE
  • V8VANTAGE

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

People, relax!

smile.gif

Pretty much ALL multi-player games do this. Whether it be Halo, Call of Duty, Forza Motorsport, Gran Turismo etc....It never really gets coveted because it either doesn't matter or is basically not noticeable. For multi-player, its more about smoothest possible gameplay for all players to enjoy; and because there isn't that much power under the hood of these current consoles, a compromise has to be made somewhere.

beauedwards1991
  • beauedwards1991

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

I think that there is a minor difference in the way that the vehicles graphics are streamed in, probably using a lower resolution the further the vehicle is from the players.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Multiplayers always have dumbed down graphics, this is evident in call of duty, battlefield and pretty much every other online game. At least on consoles anyway.

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

I used to play GTAIV on multiplayer only. I got tired of there not being any variety In the peds and little detail around the city. Lately I've only been playing in single player and it's so very different. I love it, I never see the same ped twice. There is so much detail and life in the city. I hope if GTAO is its own standalone beast of a game, it has equal detail and diversity as single player. Things like this make a huge difference, especially if GTAO starts expanding to other cities and countries. The online game will need a lot of cool, unique details, and local peds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users