Swearing to peds

16 replies to this topic
gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

I remember that in San Andreas sometimes pedestrians would say something to you and it was possible to respond positively and negatively. Now seeing that we are able to flip people off this game.
http://couttandschut...hdatab_NC20.jpg
And seeing the rating system confirmed that:
The words f*ck, c*nt, and ni**er can be heard in the dialogue.

Do you think it's possible that after a ped says something to you, you can respond with: "f*ck you you ni**er c*nt" And then proceed to flip the npc off?

hughesie27
  • hughesie27

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

Yes. But my question to you is...
Do you think you will be able to do this in a helicopter that has had its blades broken off by hitting a banshee.
I think that would be cool.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

I thought that was possible too in GTA IV? Maybe I'm wrong though... confused.gif

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

I don't think they'd get away with the ability to call people ni**ers when desired. The media would tear them apart (With decent grounds for once).

Savagemessiah
  • Savagemessiah

Leader Of The Rats

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Well if you ask me, Trevor is going to use the word f*ck mostly, Michael will use c*nt most and, well Franklin will obviously use the word ni**er most.

ColePhelps27
  • ColePhelps27

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Trund @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 10:00)
I thought that was possible too in GTA IV? Maybe I'm wrong though... confused.gif

Nope.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

Those word confirm nothing as they are probably mentioned a lot in cutscenes and general mission dialogue like any GTA.

But yea, our protags will probably tell stuff like ''f*ck you'', ''Get outta here bitch'' etc.. when ''talking'' to them like in SA.

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Really excited for this feature. I just want to see Michael telling people to f*ck off randomly...that would make my week.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Most of the swearing will be in cutscenes no doubt. And as for people being called n****r it's most definitely going to be Franklin and his homies, because that's how gangsta black people speak to each other. Never understood that. The word is used for generations as derogatory for blacks, so yeah totally homie let's call each other it. sarcasm.gif

Fuc-tuo
  • Fuc-tuo

we're bouncing now?

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (DaRkL3AD3R @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 14:01)
Most of the swearing will be in cutscenes no doubt. And as for people being called n****r it's most definitely going to be Franklin and his homies, because that's how gangsta black people speak to each other. Never understood that. The word is used for generations as derogatory for blacks, so yeah totally homie let's call each other it. sarcasm.gif

I'm afraid that this post couldn't be more incorrect, the term ni**er comes from the word negro whcih means black as does niger

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Well remembered and one of the few good suggestions that have appeared on the forum.

I hope they have integrated it.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (wolfy boy @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 08:06)
Most of the swearing will be in cutscenes no doubt. And as for people being called n****r it's most definitely going to be Franklin and his homies, because that's how gangsta black people speak to each other. Never understood that. The word is used for generations as derogatory for blacks, so yeah totally homie let's call each other it.  sarcasm.gif

I'm afraid that this post couldn't be more incorrect, the term ni**er comes from the word negro whcih means black as does niger

We all know the Spanish and Latin roots the word has, but over the past 2 centuries the word has taken on a whole new meaning, especially that particular variant of it. It is now known almost world wide as being hateful towards blacks. This is indisputable. I would dare you to go into a black community and approach a group of black men and call them that, then say you were just using the latin word in it's original meaning. Good luck.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 12:36)
Those word confirm nothing as they are probably mentioned a lot in cutscenes and general mission dialogue like any GTA.

I know but I just used some news item to get my topic a little more substance to it, even if it was bullsh*t.

I wonder if we can get our online characters to respond negativey or positively and what kind of voice they'd have.

I actually thought about calling my topic: 'f*ckni**erc*nt' hahahha.

John Marston
  • John Marston

Rat

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 18:11)

I wonder if we can get our online characters to respond negativey or positively and what kind of voice they'd have.

or you could get a mic..

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (ColePhelps27 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 11:40)
QUOTE (Trund @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 10:00)

Nope.

Niko responded automatically when he felt like it.

Here we apparently have the flip off mechanic and I assume the protags will again talk automatically when they feel the need. (Which I like because it surprises you when it happens).

DJ_McLovin
  • DJ_McLovin

Twilight is best pony

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (wolfy boy @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 08:06)
Most of the swearing will be in cutscenes no doubt. And as for people being called n****r it's most definitely going to be Franklin and his homies, because that's how gangsta black people speak to each other. Never understood that. The word is used for generations as derogatory for blacks, so yeah totally homie let's call each other it.  sarcasm.gif

Niger is an African country.

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (wolfy boy @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 07:06)

That's what he said: "the term is a derogatory for blacks", which it is.

Wouldn't ESRB distinguish between the "er" suffix and the "a" suffix, though? Small technical differences, but large contextual differences. I wouldn't be surprised if the "er" suffix was used in a racist manner in some part of the game -- I remember it was used in GTA IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users