Photo

Flying Rat Glitch

3 replies to this topic
Cal Smith
  • Cal Smith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

I know flying rat problems have been discussed many times here, but I have a problem that I can't find much information on. I've been searching for flying rats as carefully as possible. I didn't kill a single one until I was ready to find them all. I used the IGN guide which has a map with all flying rat locations and a picture of each one. I did them all in order, making sure the game confirmed each one. When I reached #58, however, (here's the link: http://www.ign.com/f...ats-map-872599), the rat simply wasn't there. I spent almost 30 minutes looking at as many guides and pictures of this particular rat as I could, and it just wasn't there. I even trying shooting the space it's supposed to be in with a rocket launcher and grenades. I decided eventually decided to skip this rat while finishing up with the flying rats in Broker. Now, I have killed all the flying rats in Bohan, Dukes, and Broker (there are 73) except for #58. On my stats screen it says I have killed 72 flying rats. I have not killed any flying rats in Algonquin or Alderney. I even spent several hours double checking each flying rat in order very, very carefully. I am still missing #58. Does anyone have advice? Is there a problem with my game? If I don't find this flying rat, I will have to restart my file to get the two longest, most annoying trophies (Endangered Species and Key to the City).

Pawncho
  • Pawncho

The Based God

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

I too have the exact same problem except with a different bird. I have killed 199 birds but I am missing #127 (star junction bird). It just wasnt there when I got there. I am still looking into this issue and have found nothing that can help.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Most maps with flying rats will have wrong locations. A very helpful map can be found here. Just click on a number and it will show you a picture where the rat is located.

Pawncho
  • Pawncho

The Based God

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 12:05)
Most maps with flying rats will have wrong locations. A very helpful map can be found here. Just click on a number and it will show you a picture where the rat is located.

I understand that but for example the map you linked has the exact same location of the bird im missing for the map i used which was gta4.tv 's . So why was the bird not there when i got to it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users