Bank

13 replies to this topic
BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

We are encouraged to store our money in the bank, then they have a mission where you do a bank robbery, arn't you stealing your own money? Wont your bank balance decrease?

What do you think?

arama
  • arama

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

this question is just stupid

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

How so?

beauedwards1991
  • beauedwards1991

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

I assume that the banks stocks will go tits up, your money should be safe though. Just beware of buying shares in a bank.

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Think of it as a real-life bank. Banking is a way of depositing your money in a safe place. Now banks, all over the world, they have loans available; these loans will use money that they have in their bank. So, you may have put 400k in, someone has taken 20k of your money for a loan, but you will still be able to take out 400k because the bank still has access. Like, if a bank goes in debt; you'll still get your money, as is the case right here. It's pretty much money insurance.

IMr_SmithI
  • IMr_SmithI

Nigga rich productions

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

What if u buy stocks in a bank and then protected it from other players...?

beauedwards1991
  • beauedwards1991

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

I don't think stocks can be protected. Very much like in real life, they will be a volatile commodity.

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

Stocks is nothing like depositing your money. Stocks increase and decrease in value pretty much every hour, so if you put 400k in stocks, when you want to sell those shares, you could potentially lose money instead of getting it back.

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

Banks function by being a secure location to store your money. When you deposit cash into a bank, the amount of that cash is added to your personal bank account electronically. You don't actually have personal cash sitting in a vault. When cash is stolen from a bank, it is the bank that loses out, not the consumer. If a bank can't guarentee you the money you have in your account, then no one would use banks.

More interesting, what will it be like depositing your money in-game. Will players camp the bank and ATMs to take your money. I think there will actually be so many ATMs around the map that you can visit one that is unoccupied. There me be squads of players that travel around and ambush players just to take their cash. It will be interesting to see how it works.

jamminsport16
  • jamminsport16

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (SwitchBladeJones @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 14:21)
Banks function by being a secure location to store your money. When you deposit cash into a bank, the amount of that cash is added to your personal bank account electronically. You don't actually have personal cash sitting in a vault. When cash is stolen from a bank, it is the bank that loses out, not the consumer. If a bank can't guarentee you the money you have in your account, then no one would use banks.

More interesting, what will it be like depositing your money in-game. Will players camp the bank and ATMs to take your money. I think there will actually be so many ATMs around the map that you can visit one that is unoccupied. There me be squads of players that travel around and ambush players just to take their cash. It will be interesting to see how it works.

I can't wait to steal money from a bank with my mask on, and then deposit it in the same bank the next day. lol

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

i hope they have Direct Deposit lol, id hate to go to the bank at the wrong time lol.

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

They will have direct Deposit

Palm3
  • Palm3

I will laugh at the giant beaver!!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Insurance.. wink.gif

beauedwards1991
  • beauedwards1991

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

Unplanned overdraft fees. I can imagine the email. "Hello, Dear Michael/Trevor/Franklin. Due to deposits from your account, you are now $2 overdrawn. You must pay the $125 overdraft fee plus 3000% interest daily."

I hate overdraft charges.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users