Quantcast

» «
Photo

I hated the radio stations in San Andreas.

136 replies to this topic
The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight

The Hero Los Santos Needs

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

user posted image

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:24 PM Edited by SmoothGTA, 21 August 2013 - 07:28 PM.

OP I like how you started off by criticizing certain genres as not being your thing, then back off to 'Hey guys, this thread isn't about criticizing personal taste in music'.

Nice.

Personally, I make the rounds through all the stations in a GTA game, over a long enough timeline. Bc, playing through IV (for example) only listening to one or two stations would get old. Fast.

The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (SmoothGTA @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 19:24)
OP I like how you started off by criticizing certain genres as not being your thing, then back off to 'Hey guys, this thread isn't about criticizing personal taste in music'.

Nice.

Yeah, he's trolling hard and crying wolf when it comes back to him.

QUOTE (SmoothGTA @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 19:24)
Personally, I make the rounds through all the stations in a GTA game, over a long enough timeline. Bc, playing through IV (for example) only listening to one or two stations would get old. Fast.

Oh yeah, in any GTA game you have to listen to everything. I love that because it exposes me to a ton of stuff I wouldn't normally hear in my Batcave.

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (SmoothGTA @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 15:24)

Nice.

Oh my god.

Did I say that I didn't like certain types of music? YES. Did I say if you disagreed with my OP that you have sh*tty taste in music? NO. HOWEVER, that was said to me in the first page of this thread. I opened this thread asking for other people's opinions, not so I could say you're crazy if you disagree with me.

Am I the only one seeing this?

Wow.

In hindsight, I should have never tried to respectfully discuss music on a GTA forum.

I'm done.

The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

user posted image
LIVIN' LA VIDA LOCA

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Although I'm critical of SA for a variety of reasons I can't say its soundtrack was/is short of brilliant. K-DST is easily one of my favourite stations.

Hell I don't mind some of the music on Radio Los Santos.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

GTA Vice City's soundtrack was 10 times better than SA's, however Radio Los Santos was my favorite since it had some excellent 90's rap songs from Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube etc. RLS was pretty much the only station I listened to in SA.

Frenzzy
  • Frenzzy

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

I liked the San Andreas Radio Stations, especially Radio-X.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Even the VC had much better soundtrack, K-DST is one of my favorite stations, Radio X is good too.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

I don't care about the radio stations, aside from talk shows. Music is sh*t in every game. Thank god V will have an ambient OST.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

How could you say that? SA had good music; SA had Tupac, Eazy-E, Alice In Chains, Rage Machine, Ozzy Osbourne, etc...

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

Ok first of all San Andreas had great music.. not as good as Vice City but still great.

Second of all this is in the wrong section.. San Andreas related topics go here - http://www.gtaforums...hp?showforum=94

Oh and you're welcome smile.gif

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 21:26)
Ok first of all San Andreas had great music.. not as good as Vice City but still great.

Second of all this is in the wrong section.. San Andreas related topics go here - http://www.gtaforums...hp?showforum=94

Oh and you're welcome smile.gif

I didn't originally post it here, it was moved here by a mod... icon14.gif

What the f*ck was I thinking? Of course SA has the best music! I can't imagine a single other person who would dare have a different opinion... tounge2.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 04:38)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 21:26)

Oh and you're welcome  smile.gif

I didn't originally post it here, it was moved here by a mod... icon14.gif

What the f*ck was I thinking? Of course SA has the best music! I can't imagine a single other person who would dare have a different opinion... tounge2.gif

Jesus... the mods are seriously slacking on these forums confused.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

There should've been some legit gabber Ons SFUR rather than that slow house music. Gabber would've fit the timeframe too...

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

I've only played III through VCS, and here are my opinions of the radio stations thus far:

III - Certainly memorable music. I actually went off and downloaded every song and keep them on my computer. However, to call the music "good" would be going a bit far. None of it (except the songs taken from the Scarface soundtrack perhaps, back when it was relevant) would sell as standalone music or hope to make the top 100. And I'm not just equating good music with hits either. I genuinely do not feel any of it can be taken seriously as serious music. From the lyrics to the melodies, level of skill involved, etc., this is just music for the sake of background noise.

VC - Gets my vote for the best soundtrack. I like almost every track in every genre. And I don't think it's just because I'm more familiar with the songs. I had never heard "Turn Up the Radio" or most of what plays on Wildstyle or Fever, but I downloaded them almost immediately after playing this game and can't get enough of them ever since! Plus, the music really adds to the feel that you are actually driving around in the 80s. The slow music keeps you inspired and the fast music keeps you pumped.

SA - Second best, IMO. It was actually a tough call. As a music lover, I find comparing SA's radio with VC's like comparing apples to oranges. What kept it from being so great, to me, was that I kept thinking about other tracks that would've better from the selected artists. "Them Bones" by Alice in Chains when you could've chosen "Again"? "Plush" by Stone Temple Pilots when "Crackerman" is obviously the better choice? And what's with the rap? If you're going to put artists in a game purely because they're the most popular, at least go with the most popular tracks too! It's almost as if they just picked the songs at random. All that being said, most of it was very enjoyable. And unlike the OP, I can appreciate the presence of Reggae and Country in a series that had been missing these stations beforehand. Variety is always a good idea in video games.

LCS and VCS are about a tie. Not bad, but not very good either.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Forum of Five Council Member [GTA:SoL]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Vic 2.0 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 12:42)
And unlike the OP, I can appreciate the presence of Reggae and Country in a series that had been missing these stations beforehand. Variety is always a good idea in video games.

LCS and VCS are about a tie. Not bad, but not very good either.

country has been in gta since gta 1 and 2... im not a fan of that genre so i tend not to listen to it... hate the fergus buckner show in GTA 1...

regge has also been in GTA london, III (best dub imho), SA (had some good songs like great train robbery), LCS (dancehall, not reggae per se), and GtA 4 (hated most of the reggae, except for ramjam fm... it was perfect)

but i think the best radio station is Funami FM (seriously)

f*ckin loved the music and the asian chick talking monocle.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users