Quantcast

» «
Photo

I hated the radio stations in San Andreas.

136 replies to this topic
hooky
  • hooky

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

gta 3- best talkback radio
gta vc-best music
gta sa- best variety music
gta iv-good all round

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

Vice City FM is the best radio station for me icon14.gif

As long as there is a similar radio station to that, I'm happy smile.gif

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:37 AM Edited by Degrees, 21 August 2013 - 07:39 AM.

SA had some of the best Hiphop and Rock music the Station pretty much covered all genres. But VC kills it because 80s>all I'm a 90s kid.

Only thing that saved IV for me was Massive B every song on that channel I heard before.

Fantastichumore
  • Fantastichumore

Pixels <3

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

Yea. Sh*t in your opinion.

Znd
  • Znd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (NostalgiaIsABitch @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:58)
QUOTE (Znd @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:55)
1. Vice City Stories (not as many people played this, but it was technically the last GTA game of the PS2/Xbox generation, and it was a great game, the radio was one big reason why...ALL that stuff was good...it didn't matter WHAT genre. And I'm not even that big on 80s music, that was just some really awesome music)

2. San Andreas (come on, great tribute to the early 90's, which was a great era in music, and a very diverse era in music. Of course the old stuff was great too. I hate modern country, but those 60's country singers were badasses...they were awesome songwriters

GTA IV was the worst soundtrack yet...very sub par. That Russian station? Not feeling it. The Reggaton station? Not feeling it. Radio Broker? Not that good, even though I like a lot of Indie Rock. The modern hip hop station? Wack, even though I hip hop is my favorite genre. There was no straight up good dance/electronic station...it was either the ambient stuff (which I kind of liked, but it wasn't the kind of high tempo electronic stuff that I like), or it was disco (boring!) or it was Crookers and it just kind of sounded dumb.

And the rest of the games I didn't play enough to familiarize myself with the radio stations.

You simultaneously enjoy indie rock and hip hop?

You, my friend, have great taste and respect for music. The world needs more like you, and less of those ungrateful c*ntbags.

thanks. I've loved hip hop since my teenage years, but I used to be pretty closed minded and only liked that one genre. In recent years, I've come to appreciate many genres, and I like the creativity, lyrics, and overall mood of Indie rock.

But I also remember going through a phase in 7th grade where I played my Offspring, Soundgarden & Green Day along with my Warren G, Snoop Dogg, & Eazy E. That was the 90's I guess.

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (R.R @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 01:29)
QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 05:04)
QUOTE (R.R @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 00:25)
QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 03:51)
QUOTE (R.R @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 23:46)
QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:52)
QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:14)
I really hope they add good music and not random funk, soul and country sh*t. 

Because I don't like old classic country and funk music or because I prefer IV's music? Actually, I play music for a living at a professional studio and a lot of close people value my opinion when it comes to music. I love rock, blues and alternative.

So, you play music for a living at a professional studio? That would mean that you're a session muso. The best session muso's I know enjoy listening to any type of music that they can play, and for guitarists/pianists/drummers, that includes pretty much everything. I'm trying my hardest to think of an instrument that doesn't fit in the genres of music that you don't like. I'm also trying my hardest to think of anyone other than groupies that would value the musical opinion of anyone with such a limited understanding of music.

I'm also trying my hardest not to piss myself laughing.

K-Rose music isn't for me... it depresses me. Maybe it was how I was introduced to it, I couldn't tell you.

So, you're saying because I play music for a living, I have to love every type of music genre? I appreciate all kinds of music. Don't assume things because you don't even know me.

Love? No, of course not.

Appreciate? Yes, which is why your OP and consequent posts make little sense with your claim to be a session muso. Any session muso worth his salt has appreciation of all genres of music, because he/she realizes that genre labels are quite meaningless, and that good music can be found across all genres.

It especially makes little to no sense when you say that you don't like funk and soul, yet like more modern stuff, and claim to be a session muso. I'll leave you to figure out why that's a silly comment to make.

It's odd to me that from what I've said, you've gathered that I'm into "modern" music and I cannot appreciate certain types of music. I just feel like you've left me out of the equation and you're rambling through a loudspeaker trying to sound intelligent about music appreciation.

More power to you, I suppose.

Calling music "random and sh*t" generally denotes a lack of appreciation for the music in question, and since you show a lack of appreciation for funk, soul and country in particular, while saying that you like rock and blues, it shows a further lack of appreciation and knowledge of music that seems contrary to your claim of being a session muso whose opinion others listen to.

You said you liked IV's music over other games music, and IV definitely had a more modern feel than previous games, and you also made a point of classifying some of the music that you don't like in the games as "old", which pretty much points to you not liking older music, and preferring more modern music.

I'm responding directly to what you've said in previous posts, nothing more.

Dude, seriously, wtf...

You do not know me.

I've been around music all my life and I've studied it. I'm sorry I offended you by generalizing an opinion about a certain type of music. I was mainly referring to my dislike of the radio choices in SA.

It's understanding how you could form an opinion about me like that based on my choice of words, but really, I can do without your thoughts on what you think about "some random guy you've never met".

Just drop it and let's move on.

latigreblue
  • latigreblue

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

... I hated the old classic country radio station. Am I wrong for thinking they put that station in because of the country side setting? I really hope they add good music and not random funk, soul and country sh*t. I prefer the music in IV. What do you guys think and what was your favorite game music wise?

The reason the country music was put in the game primarily was because in the 90s, country pop artists experienced massive crossover success. Artists like Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Billy Ray Cyrus hit it big on mainstream radio.

This game has so many layers and I'm so glad that I'm able to appreciate most of them.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:53 AM Edited by zzcool, 21 August 2013 - 07:58 AM.

QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:52)
QUOTE (The Dark Knight @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 22:38)
Say what you will, but I didn't care much for the music in SA. Some of it was ok, but I hated the old classic country radio station. Am I wrong for thinking they put that station in because of the country side setting? I really hope they add good music and not random funk, soul and country sh*t. I prefer the music in IV. What do you guys think and what was your favorite game music wise?

You have sh*t taste in music. smile.gif

Because I don't like old classic country and funk music or because I prefer IV's music? Actually, I play music for a living at a professional studio and a lot of close people value my opinion when it comes to music. I love rock, blues and alternative. The 90s are my favorite for alternative and pop. I'm sorry, but K-Rose in SA makes me depressed. It's just my two cents about it.

if you don't like this

then i have no words

Blue Dream
  • Blue Dream

Get High

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

I don't listen to the radio in gta games 99.9% of the time but in San Andreas the few times I would listen to it I only listened to K-Rose even though I hate country but for some reason it got me so pumped up while I was playing.

staticguy
  • staticguy

★ Watch out for ur stop!We go deep into the ghetto!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (Apollo_33 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 06:57)
The San Andreas soundtrack was f*cking epic, OP. I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Arran B
  • Arran B

The '80s enthusiast.

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

The radio stations in SA were probably the best soundtracks of any game or movie ever made. VCS and VC are joint second and third because if it wasn't for them I would have probably never had any great memories to songs from the 80s which were better than the music that is/was popular through my life. In my opinion anyway, I mean Drake and Rhianna and artists like that are just money generators. They have no true substance or meaning and are just songs the YOLO fags can feel good listening to while they stack their monthly pay packet from Hollister thinking they're ballin'.

Anyway, I really think GTA V is going to have a really well thought out soundtrack, I think what they aimed to do with IV back in the day was represent what real life New Yorkers were listening to at the time. I dunno how to put it but the soundtrack to that game was more 'indie'. Very good, but nothing on SA's. I for one can't wait for the funk radio, RICK JAMES BITCH!

nickmajfc
  • nickmajfc

GTA V on Next-Gen!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

I want Radioactive on one of the stations! I can imagine driving around in the desert with it playing. Oh Yes!

Marty892
  • Marty892

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

1. SA
1. VC & VCS
2. IV

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

Say what you will, but I didn't care much for the music in SA. Some of it was ok, but I hated the old classic country radio station. Am I wrong for thinking they put that station in because of the country side setting? I really hope they add good music and not random funk, soul and country sh*t. I prefer the music in IV. What do you guys think and what was your favorite game music wise?

aaaaaaaaaall my Ex's live in texas...... .... . ..... dumdidum..... lalala... to tenesseeeeeeeeee

the best song in the game !! your taste of music seems to be odd.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

How can anyone hate K-DST and SF UR?

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

If you hate SA radio stations, I guess you haven't heard of K-DST. cool.gif Music never gets old...just a little...dusty.
Heh, but I understand that SA music may not by everyone's favourite even I like certain stations less but all in all SA has pretty good soundtrack with large variety of music. Nothing beats VC's soundtrack though.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (nickmajfc @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 09:00)
I want Radioactive on one of the stations! I can imagine driving around in the desert with it playing. Oh Yes!

If you're referring to that insufferable Imagine Dragons song I will strangle you

The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight

The Hero Los Santos Needs

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 04:46)

I'm sorry to hear that you have such terrible taste in music.

Exactly. "Session musician" my ass.

"People value my opinion!"

They must be complete dipsh*ts.

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (The Dark Knight @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 06:50)

You, mam, are a complete dipsh*t. (:

The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

Ut oh, that's my weakness. You used my material on me. wow.gif

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

"If you don't like K-Rose then fuuuuck you."
-This thread.

Lol, in a country accent!

biggrin.gif

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (The Dark Knight @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 08:19)
Ut oh, that's my weakness. You used my material on me. wow.gif

Haha, pretty good, right? cool.gif

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

K-DST and K-Rose were the best radio stations in the history of GTA. Alongside the talk shows. The only good stations in IV were the talk stations as the music was f*cking sh*t.

I literally knew one song from IV and that was Ne-Yo - Because of You.

I mean I really can only imagine what kind of a despicable person you are, I know everybody has a different taste in music but I have never met anybody who thought the music in IV was any good who wasn't a wanker.

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 09:16)
K-DST and K-Rose were the best radio stations in the history of GTA. Alongside the talk shows. The only good stations in IV were the talk stations as the music was f*cking sh*t.

I mean I really can only imagine what kind of a despicable person you are, I know everybody has a different taste in music but I have never met anybody who thought the music in IV was any good who wasn't a wanker.

Quite right, in fact, I'm the worst person in the world. suicidal.gif

The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 13:16)

Yeah the music in 4 got a little better when they added the DLC. There were some Doors on the rock station, and they added Vice City FM which was a breath of fresh air. Otherwise it was pretty much the drizzly sh*ts compared to Vice City or San Andreas.

I don't know how you can't rock the f*ck out to that K-DST song about Amos and the f*ckn' alligator and all that sh*t. IN THE LOUISIANA BAYYOUUUU!

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Mister Doctor

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

What was great about IV's soundtrack was how varied it was. There was classic rock, indie rock, jazz, funk, hardcore and metal, hip-hop and rap, ambient, disco etc. I loved that. There was pretty much no famous songs, but the music was great anyway. One Vision isn't as famous as Radio Gaga, but that doesn't make it any worse.

SA's and VC's soundtracks were amazing, but nowhere as varied. You couldn't escape the theme. In IV, you can switch up between contemporary indie rock and 70's disco at any time. In III Era, variety was sacrificed in favor of theme and atmosphere, which is great in it's own way, but I favor IV's approach.

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (SFPD officer @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 11:22)
What was great about IV's soundtrack was how varied it was. There was classic rock, indie rock, jazz, funk, hardcore and metal, hip-hop and rap, ambient, disco etc. I loved that. There was pretty much no famous songs, but the music was great anyway. One Vision isn't as famous as Radio Gaga, but that doesn't make it any worse.

SA's and VC's soundtracks were amazing, but nowhere as varied. You couldn't escape the theme. In IV, you can switch up between contemporary indie rock and 70's disco at any time. In III Era, variety was sacrificed in favor of theme and atmosphere, which is great in it's own way, but I favor IV's approach.

This, right here. icon14.gif

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 12:11)

But how in hell can you think that that is a bad song? Or this song:

It's like saying Vertigo is a bad movie.

The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 18:18)
QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 12:11)

But how in hell can you think that that is a bad song? Or this song:

It's like saying Vertigo is a bad movie.

Iknowrite?

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

Did I say that it was specifically a "bad" song?

I did say "sh*t" but you must understand, I was generalizing my opinion.

Why am I the crazy one for having a different opinion?!?!?!

IT IS NOT MY PREFERENCE!

GET OVER IT!

Guys, it's called a topic forum to discuss different opinions. Why do I have to agree or I'm the one with bad taste?

So what! Not everyone in your life is going to think like you.

Like those songs all you want, guys! I don't care!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users