Quantcast

» «
Photo

I hated the radio stations in San Andreas.

136 replies to this topic
Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (Echolex @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 23:54)
QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 03:46)
QUOTE (Echolex @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 23:41)
QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 03:38)
This thread is lame now. It wasn't meant to be calling people out because they don't share your same musical tastes. I never understood that. Why does it matter what other people think of your music tastes. I don't listen to the music I like for anyone but myself.

Well OP you kind of did that yourself in the original post by saying you hated the country music in SA...

Just because I dislike that kind of country music doesn't mean I called anyone out on having sh*t taste in music. smile.gif It's for some people, but not me.

What I mean is that by saying something like that you inevitably started this kind of silly opinion war of a discussion. Indirectly.

Ok. Understand this; I was told I have sh*t taste in music because of my thoughts on SA. I didn't start the opinion war, I welcome all thoughts about it, hence my original posting. Did I chastise anyone for disagreeing with me? No.

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (The Dark Knight @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 23:58)
QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 03:55)
QUOTE (The Dark Knight @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 23:52)
This thread is lame now. It wasn't meant to be calling people out because they don't share your same musical tastes. I never understood that. Why does it matter what other people think of your music tastes. I don't listen to the music I like for anyone but myself.

Why can't you even name the specific bands you do like? None of us listen to music for anyone but ourselves. Duh, that's how music works. Don't get mad, get Gladlock.

Do I have to?

Thank you, I guess, for restating my point...?

Well it would help in moving the narrative forward if we knew what you do like as opposed to what you've clearly stated you don't like. "rock, blues, 90's alternative" isn't very specific. Stop being such a Negative Nancy because I said you had sh*t taste in music. Relax. Allow me to reconsider by actually telling me some sh*t you like, or keep pouting. Either way dude, makes no difference to me. It's your party you can cry if you want to.

Lol, ok.

Jonny2soxs
  • Jonny2soxs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:02 AM

GTA 4 had the Worst Music ,

Vice City/SA >>>>>

The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight

The Hero Los Santos Needs

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 04:01)

Why can't you even name the specific bands you do like? None of us listen to music for anyone but ourselves. Duh, that's how music works. Don't get mad, get Gladlock.

Do I have to?

Well it would help in moving the narrative forward if we knew what you do like as opposed to what you've clearly stated you don't like. "rock, blues, 90's alternative" isn't very specific. Stop being such a Negative Nancy because I said you had sh*t taste in music. Relax. Allow me to reconsider by actually telling me some sh*t you like, or keep pouting. Either way dude, makes no difference to me. It's your party you can cry if you want to.

Lol, ok.

Yep that's what I thought. I'll fill in the blanks then with my impressive imagination. Here's your favorites.

Blues: Probably some sh*t written by a white guy.
Rock: THIRD EYE BLIND or MATCHBOX 20.... or better yet NICKELBACK
90's "alternative": See above post.
90's pop: Yes please bust out those old Backstreet Boys CD's for us.

Cowboy_Bebop
  • Cowboy_Bebop

tokin

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (The Dark Knight @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 03:04)
QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:52)
QUOTE (The Dark Knight @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 22:38)
QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:14)
Say what you will, but I didn't care much for the music in SA. Some of it was ok, but I hated the old classic country radio station. Am I wrong for thinking they put that station in because of the country side setting? I really hope they add good music and not random funk, soul and country sh*t. I prefer the music in IV. What do you guys think and what was your favorite game music wise?

You have sh*t taste in music. smile.gif

Because I don't like old classic country and funk music or because I prefer IV's music? Actually, I play music for a living at a professional studio and a lot of close people value my opinion when it comes to music. I love rock, blues and alternative. The 90s are my favorite for alternative and pop. I'm sorry, but K-Rose in SA makes me depressed. It's just my two cents about it.

Name some specific bands for your 90's "alternative" and "pop".

"I play music for a living at a professional studio and a lot of close people value my opinion when it comes to music."

LOLOLOLOLOL

do ballsacks value your opinion when you shave them????

icon14.gif

alb-mac
  • alb-mac

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:06 AM

I still listen and sing songs that i have originally heard on VC and SA

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (The Dark Knight @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 00:04)

Do I have to?

Lol, ok.

Yep that's what I thought. I'll fill in the blanks then with my impressive imagination. Here's your favorites.

Rock: THIRD EYE BLIND or MATCHBOX 20.... or better yet NICKELBACK
90's "alternative": See above post.
90's pop: Yes please bust out those old Backstreet Boys CD's for us.

Oh my god, dead on! How did you do that? Well, that's it. I guess you knew me all along. (: Great job!

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Cowboy_Bebop @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 00:06)
Say what you will, but I didn't care much for the music in SA. Some of it was ok, but I hated the old classic country radio station. Am I wrong for thinking they put that station in because of the country side setting? I really hope they add good music and not random funk, soul and country sh*t. I prefer the music in IV. What do you guys think and what was your favorite game music wise?

Because I don't like old classic country and funk music or because I prefer IV's music? Actually, I play music for a living at a professional studio and a lot of close people value my opinion when it comes to music. I love rock, blues and alternative. The 90s are my favorite for alternative and pop. I'm sorry, but K-Rose in SA makes me depressed. It's just my two cents about it.

"I play music for a living at a professional studio and a lot of close people value my opinion when it comes to music."

LOLOLOLOLOL

icon14.gif

LOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah!

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:10 AM

I was dissapointed in the IV music. They need a proper metal station.

Cowboy_Bebop
  • Cowboy_Bebop

tokin

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 04:10)
QUOTE (Cowboy_Bebop @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 00:06)

LOLOLOLOLOL

icon14.gif

LOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah!

lolol

i like this guy icon14.gif

DoItLikeDorner
  • DoItLikeDorner

I Suck Titty

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (The Dark Knight @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 20:04)

Do I have to?

Lol, ok.

LOL Blues white guy lol what white guy bro haha, I dont even think he's racist he's just f*cking lame.

SirTerning
  • SirTerning

Whoopie

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

Hey let me tell you all a secret...

Every OST for every GTA game is great, since they all fit the setting so great and time period which no other Sandbox game has managed to do so far.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 03:51)
QUOTE (R.R @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 23:46)
I really hope they add good music and not random funk, soul and country sh*t. 

Because I don't like old classic country and funk music or because I prefer IV's music? Actually, I play music for a living at a professional studio and a lot of close people value my opinion when it comes to music. I love rock, blues and alternative.

So, you play music for a living at a professional studio? That would mean that you're a session muso. The best session muso's I know enjoy listening to any type of music that they can play, and for guitarists/pianists/drummers, that includes pretty much everything. I'm trying my hardest to think of an instrument that doesn't fit in the genres of music that you don't like. I'm also trying my hardest to think of anyone other than groupies that would value the musical opinion of anyone with such a limited understanding of music.

I'm also trying my hardest not to piss myself laughing.

K-Rose music isn't for me... it depresses me. Maybe it was how I was introduced to it, I couldn't tell you.

So, you're saying because I play music for a living, I have to love every type of music genre? I appreciate all kinds of music. Don't assume things because you don't even know me.

Love? No, of course not.

Appreciate? Yes, which is why your OP and consequent posts make little sense with your claim to be a session muso. Any session muso worth his salt has appreciation of all genres of music, because he/she realizes that genre labels are quite meaningless, and that good music can be found across all genres.

It especially makes little to no sense when you say that you don't like funk and soul, yet like more modern stuff, and claim to be a session muso. I'll leave you to figure out why that's a silly comment to make.

fitbikesbmx
  • fitbikesbmx

V

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:28 AM

I loved the radio in SA, but mainly just a few stations, KDST, Radio Los Santos, and Radio X. I have faith that GTA V could have the best soundtrack though, and I'll tell you why. The advantage to having a modern day setting is that we can have modern and classic music in one game. Plus, with GTA V, it sounds like R* is pulling out all the stops, so we will probably see more radio stations with more variety than ever before. Hopefully classic rock/rap as well as modern counterparts, along with country music and so on. Should be really good.

King of the Rotten
  • King of the Rotten

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:28 AM

this forum has really gone to the dogs in the past few months

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:32 AM

K-Rose was great, though.

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:46 AM

GTA 3 had the best radio stations. Probably nostalgia, though.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

the night we called it a day

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:46 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you have such terrible taste in music.

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:50 AM

I think they grab some of the best or most iconic music from the era the game is supposed to take place in. Since GTA V is now-a-days, if you hate modern music now you may not like the music in it.

To that I say stop being so small and what sounds good, sounds good. I can understand the young players here not liking vice city or san andreas radio stations but the game wasn't made for you.

Paultoid
  • Paultoid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

It's hard to criticise because I can't think of any other game that comes close to emulating the radio work that Rockstar does....Even remotely.

Having said that there's always room for improvement and I personally feel that SA's music stations were poor by comparison to the other games. However not on the grounds that the OP states, I think the country station was one of the redeeming features of the radio in SA. I hate the radio in actual life so there's no way I'd want it to be like real radio, but on the other side of the coin in SA there was a station playing nothing but the originals of songs that were commonly sampled in hip hop. I really don't think a station like this could ever ever ever exist, it's just SO niche....as well as hip hop....as well as hip hop old school...as well as all funk (again that is the basis for west coast hip hop). I get that alot of SA was all about the gangsta west coast aesthetic, but at the same time I felt that was too much. Also this is not an assault on the style of music (I love hip hop and LOVE funk) but more about variation and whether a whole station dedicated to sampled tracks is really the go.

I love that for instance on IV rather than just putting on a bunch of tracks everyone knows, they actually pick 'good' tracks that are musically relevant or at least interesting, but I also feel there is some middle ground there that could be covered.

For the record...My fave was Vice City due to the variation, adherence to the era and musical relevance.

djkhaled
  • djkhaled

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (CalgaryJay @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 12:40)
QUOTE (chuckles47 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 19:34)
I suppose it's a modern setting so chances are it will be like IV.

Thing is too, if you've been around high schools or colleges in the last year or two, aside from Dubstep crap, the most popular music they seem to listen to is...early 90's rap.

looool you sure about this? coming from someone that has been around high schools and colleges and rap forums the last few years, trust me, people that listen to early 90s rap aren't high school and college kids.

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (R.R @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 00:25)

Because I don't like old classic country and funk music or because I prefer IV's music? Actually, I play music for a living at a professional studio and a lot of close people value my opinion when it comes to music. I love rock, blues and alternative.

So, you play music for a living at a professional studio? That would mean that you're a session muso. The best session muso's I know enjoy listening to any type of music that they can play, and for guitarists/pianists/drummers, that includes pretty much everything. I'm trying my hardest to think of an instrument that doesn't fit in the genres of music that you don't like. I'm also trying my hardest to think of anyone other than groupies that would value the musical opinion of anyone with such a limited understanding of music.

K-Rose music isn't for me... it depresses me. Maybe it was how I was introduced to it, I couldn't tell you.

So, you're saying because I play music for a living, I have to love every type of music genre? I appreciate all kinds of music. Don't assume things because you don't even know me.

Love? No, of course not.

Appreciate? Yes, which is why your OP and consequent posts make little sense with your claim to be a session muso. Any session muso worth his salt has appreciation of all genres of music, because he/she realizes that genre labels are quite meaningless, and that good music can be found across all genres.

It especially makes little to no sense when you say that you don't like funk and soul, yet like more modern stuff, and claim to be a session muso. I'll leave you to figure out why that's a silly comment to make.

It's odd to me that from what I've said, you've gathered that I'm into "modern" music and I cannot appreciate certain types of music. I just feel like you've left me out of the equation and you're rambling through a loudspeaker trying to sound intelligent about music appreciation.

More power to you, I suppose.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 05:04)
QUOTE (R.R @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 00:25)

Love? No, of course not.

It's odd to me that from what I've said, you've gathered that I'm into "modern" music and I cannot appreciate certain types of music. I just feel like you've left me out of the equation and you're rambling through a loudspeaker trying to sound intelligent about music appreciation.

More power to you, I suppose.

Calling music "random and sh*t" generally denotes a lack of appreciation for the music in question, and since you show a lack of appreciation for funk, soul and country in particular, while saying that you like rock and blues, it shows a further lack of appreciation and knowledge of music that seems contrary to your claim of being a session muso whose opinion others listen to.

You said you liked IV's music over other games music, and IV definitely had a more modern feel than previous games, and you also made a point of classifying some of the music that you don't like in the games as "old", which pretty much points to you not liking older music, and preferring more modern music.

I'm responding directly to what you've said in previous posts, nothing more.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

I think you have really bad taste in music lol

Imo, IV music was OK. There were some gems here and there, but it was mostly "OK" music. In VC and SA, on the other hand, it was ALL great and iconic. It's like comparing a US high school soccer team to the Brazilian national soccer team.

Apollo_33
  • Apollo_33

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:57 AM

The San Andreas soundtrack was f*cking epic, OP. I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

exmpletree
  • exmpletree

Mr. Gold Card

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

K-DST, Radio X and Master Sounds kick ass! Dont know wtf youre talking about op

STHeavenHTHell
  • STHeavenHTHell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

It would be nice if they add some sort of 70's/80's Progressive Rock station. Imagine cruise the map listening to RUSH - Red Barchetta or Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

ed72o
  • ed72o

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

Did you guys really expect some 12 year old kid to like good music? tounge.gif

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

I like many different kinds of music and I really enjoyed San Andreas' soundtrack. I think Country is a great genre and I hope GTA V has a Country music station. I also liked that GTA IV featured electronic music and classic disco. I hope Rockstar have expended on that a little in GTA V.

Znd
  • Znd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (LTA1992 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 03:41)
QUOTE (Znd @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:55)

GTA IV was the worst soundtrack yet...very sub par. That Russian station? Not feeling it. The Reggaton station? Not feeling it. Radio Broker? Not that good, even though I like a lot of Indie Rock. The modern hip hop station? Wack, even though I hip hop is my favorite genre. There was no straight up good dance/electronic station...it was either the ambient stuff (which I kind of liked, but it wasn't the kind of high tempo electronic stuff that I like), or it was disco (boring!) or it was Crookers and it just kind of sounded dumb.

You didn't like Vibe FM? What is wrong with you?

Alexander O' Neal
Mtume
The Isley Brothers
R. Kelly
Jodeci
Jill Scott
Loose Ends
Freddy Jackson
Dru Hill

Just a few names that made MUSIC.

K109 in EFLC had my entire house dancing one night.

I feel like a lot of the other stations had a few good tracks here and there, but most of them were lackluster. I used to think the GTA radio people had a special ingenious talent for picking music, but IV just wasn't that inspiring.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users