Quantcast

» «
Photo

I hated the radio stations in San Andreas.

136 replies to this topic
Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

Say what you will, but I didn't care much for the music in SA. Some of it was ok, but I hated the old classic country radio station. Am I wrong for thinking they put that station in because of the country side setting? I really hope they add good music and not random funk, soul and country sh*t. I prefer the music in IV. What do you guys think and what was your favorite game music wise?

TheLastKingofEngland
  • TheLastKingofEngland

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

GTA VC had the best OST.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:18 AM

Radio Stations in SA kick ass !!!

GTAIVman
  • GTAIVman

Realistic Steak Fan

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:19 AM

For me best GTA OST in order are:

1. GTA SA (great variety and great songs, fav stations were K-DST and Radio Los Santos)
2. GTA VC (VC and SA are really close)
3. GTA IV

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:20 AM

This should be in the GTA Series Chat section, but I'll humor you anyway.

3. VCS
2. IV
1. SA

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:14)
Say what you will, but I didn't care much for the music in SA. Some of it was ok, but I hated the old classic country radio station. Am I wrong for thinking they put that station in because of the country side setting? I really hope they add good music and not random funk, soul and country sh*t. I prefer the music in IV. What do you guys think and what was your favorite game music wise?

What? K-DST and K-ROSE were the only good music stations in San An.

VC and VCS battle it out, though VC probably wins.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

Judging by the music we've heard so far the soundtrack sounds way more promising than GTAIV's. The only song I knew in that game was Oxygene by Jarre.

MrSelfHater
  • MrSelfHater

Awaiting GTA V on PC

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:23 AM Edited by MrSelfHater, 21 August 2013 - 02:29 AM.

I don't like country but I want a country station.
Immension, motherf*cker!
What I really hope to hear in V is some stoner rock and sludge metal. Crossing the desert in a black Sabre GT with Kyuss banging through the speakers, with cops in helicopters chasing you - Pinnacle Of Badassness (just thinking about it gives me a boner)

jato4x4
  • jato4x4

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:24 AM

SA had the best. I loved K-Rose, the rock and rap was great too. Perfect songs from early 90's and before.

Next is a tie between IV and VC. VC for nostalgia, but IV had Arab Money and a great rock station. If anything I wish they had more songs per station.

The Sullinator
  • The Sullinator

Hitman

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

I don't know I think I liked them. While I liked Vice City's overall soundtrack better, San Andreas had two radio stations that I liked (KDST and Radio X) while GTA IV, and Vice City mainly only had one big one (Liberty Rock Radio and V-Rock)

...if you guys haven't picked up on it yet, I like Rock.

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:26 AM

Said this the other day in another thread, but the stations in SA didn't seem that great only one year removed from the glory that was VC's soundtrack. But when I started playing SA again in anticipation for V, I never realized how awesome the stations actually are. Radio Los Santos is especially clutch.

Way better than any of the IV era games anyway.

NostalgiaIsABitch
  • NostalgiaIsABitch

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:27 AM Edited by NostalgiaIsABitch, 21 August 2013 - 02:33 AM.

San Andreas was every bit as iconic as VC was. IV...not so much.

SA naysayers..come on! I can name one of its tracks faster than I can with VC.

And country was one of the most memorable. And I'm one of those people who always say "I enjoy all music except country"

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:27 AM

Me too OP. Me too. Seriously hoping GTA V has the most varied and quality soundtrack of all GTA's to date, but I am skeptical. I expect a lot of this:

- 50 radio stations dedicated to rap/hiphop
- 1 radio station dedicated to WUBSTEP
- 1 radio station dedicated to underground alternative songs that no one ever heard
- NightRide FM which might actually be good, I hope

Outplug
  • Outplug

Learned he has GI subscription.

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 21:14)

Personally, liked 'em all, listened to any one that was on when I entered a vehicle (sometimes I'd tune to stations like SF-UR or K-DST, but sometimes also to the country music). I have an interesting taste in music, as I've come to realize. But different tastes come and go with the mood tounge.gif

Unfortunately, I've only had the pleasure of extensive playtime (that means, playing through the entire games with the stations) in IV (EFLC) and SA, but out of the two, SA's definitely the best. I'd say IV EFLC takes second, and IV somehow jammed at 2.5 (since it's not entirely a different game and doesn't deserve third).

chuckles47
  • chuckles47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:34 AM

You do know that it was popular music from that era and place to give the feel of it being a real radio. The 90s hence grunge, hip-hop, gangsta, country, house, soul. It was pretty much prefect IMO, sorry you don't like a variety of early 90s music.

I suppose it's a modern setting so chances are it will be like IV.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (chuckles47 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 22:34)
You do know that it was popular music from that era and place to give the feel of it being a real radio. The 90s hence grunge, hip-hop, gangsta, country, house, soul. It was pretty much prefect IMO, sorry you don't like a variety of early 90s music.

The confirmed music thread has revealed a couple of 80's/90's raps songs will be featured in the game. Then there's Ogden's Nut Gone Flak and Give it to Me Baby and Radar Love also. There's actually only 1 or 2 modern songs confirmed right now.

The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight

The Hero Los Santos Needs

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

You have sh*t taste in music. smile.gif

LTA1992
  • LTA1992

The Fanged Brave, KyoryuRed

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

Flash FM and Wildstyle in VC
CSR 103.2 in San Andreas
Vibe FM in IV
K109 The Studio in EFLC

My favorite stations. I would love if there was a station like Vibe and CSR in V.

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (chuckles47 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 19:34)

Thing is too, if you've been around high schools or colleges in the last year or two, aside from Dubstep crap, the most popular music they seem to listen to is...early 90's rap. So I'm hoping more of that will find its way into the game, seeing as its the "new sound" again. Which is awesome.

baboultr
  • baboultr

Grove Street

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:41 AM

RADIO LOS SANTOS BABY!

Kjax39
  • Kjax39

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:44 AM

1. San Andreas
2. Vice City (close second)
3. GTA IV (very distant third)

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (The Dark Knight @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 22:38)

Because I don't like old classic country and funk music or because I prefer IV's music? Actually, I play music for a living at a professional studio and a lot of close people value my opinion when it comes to music. I love rock, blues and alternative. The 90s are my favorite for alternative and pop. I'm sorry, but K-Rose in SA makes me depressed. It's just my two cents about it.

Talib
  • Talib

ज्ञान Talib

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:52 AM

San Andreas were some of the BEST MUSIC hands down.

Vice City seems to be the top fan pick but seeing as I don't really play that game as much as SA

SA radios is the best in my opinion

EDIT: Are you f*cking crazy? K-Rose (if that was the RnB one) had some of the best 90s RnB EVER.
and your words means nothing in the music industry...

Znd
  • Znd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:55 AM

1. Vice City Stories (not as many people played this, but it was technically the last GTA game of the PS2/Xbox generation, and it was a great game, the radio was one big reason why...ALL that stuff was good...it didn't matter WHAT genre. And I'm not even that big on 80s music, that was just some really awesome music)

2. San Andreas (come on, great tribute to the early 90's, which was a great era in music, and a very diverse era in music. Of course the old stuff was great too. I hate modern country, but those 60's country singers were badasses...they were awesome songwriters

GTA IV was the worst soundtrack yet...very sub par. That Russian station? Not feeling it. The Reggaton station? Not feeling it. Radio Broker? Not that good, even though I like a lot of Indie Rock. The modern hip hop station? Wack, even though I hip hop is my favorite genre. There was no straight up good dance/electronic station...it was either the ambient stuff (which I kind of liked, but it wasn't the kind of high tempo electronic stuff that I like), or it was disco (boring!) or it was Crookers and it just kind of sounded dumb.

And the rest of the games I didn't play enough to familiarize myself with the radio stations.

Diego_Per
  • Diego_Per

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

K-DST FTW

AoshiisanTV
  • AoshiisanTV

Punkass Bitch!

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

Cool Story Bro suicidal.gif

NostalgiaIsABitch
  • NostalgiaIsABitch

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Znd @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:55)
1. Vice City Stories (not as many people played this, but it was technically the last GTA game of the PS2/Xbox generation, and it was a great game, the radio was one big reason why...ALL that stuff was good...it didn't matter WHAT genre. And I'm not even that big on 80s music, that was just some really awesome music)

2. San Andreas (come on, great tribute to the early 90's, which was a great era in music, and a very diverse era in music. Of course the old stuff was great too. I hate modern country, but those 60's country singers were badasses...they were awesome songwriters

GTA IV was the worst soundtrack yet...very sub par. That Russian station? Not feeling it. The Reggaton station? Not feeling it. Radio Broker? Not that good, even though I like a lot of Indie Rock. The modern hip hop station? Wack, even though I hip hop is my favorite genre. There was no straight up good dance/electronic station...it was either the ambient stuff (which I kind of liked, but it wasn't the kind of high tempo electronic stuff that I like), or it was disco (boring!) or it was Crookers and it just kind of sounded dumb.

And the rest of the games I didn't play enough to familiarize myself with the radio stations.

You simultaneously enjoy indie rock and hip hop?

You, my friend, have great taste and respect for music. The world needs more like you, and less of those ungrateful c*ntbags.

Steven Ride
  • Steven Ride

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:59 AM

I'm hoping for a modern hip-hop in Radio Los Santos and some Classic hip-hop station. There'll probably be a classic rock and an alternative rock station, and then a Soul/R&B station, a pop station, and probably a few different electro stations and then the talk shows.

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (Talib @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 22:52)
San Andreas were some of the BEST MUSIC hands down.

Vice City seems to be the top fan pick but seeing as I don't really play that game as much as SA

SA radios is the best in my opinion

EDIT: Are you f*cking crazy? K-Rose (if that was the RnB one) had some of the best 90s RnB EVER.
and your words means nothing in the music industry...

Hahaha!

K-Rose is country.

I never said my music taste was cared for by the music industry.

Why are people so butthurt about my thoughts on it?

The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight

The Hero Los Santos Needs

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (Joshua8903 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:52)
QUOTE (The Dark Knight @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 22:38)

Because I don't like old classic country and funk music or because I prefer IV's music? Actually, I play music for a living at a professional studio and a lot of close people value my opinion when it comes to music. I love rock, blues and alternative. The 90s are my favorite for alternative and pop. I'm sorry, but K-Rose in SA makes me depressed. It's just my two cents about it.

Name some specific bands for your 90's "alternative" and "pop".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users