Quantcast

» «
Photo

Sound Problems. (Radio + Cutscene Sounds WORK)

No replies to this topic
racer123246
  • racer123246

San Andreas State Police Deputy

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:49 AM Edited by racer123246, 22 August 2013 - 06:10 PM.

This was my original problem that was solved:

Hey everyone.

I really hate to make a topic that was probably already covered, but there are certain issues that make my problem sort of stand out.

For instance: I installed (from the CD) the game, and then ran normally, started up, began the first mission, etc. The thing is, all cutscene sounds and voices and such are present and do work. All radio stations work as well. (tested from the Audio Settings option page) But however, when starting the first mission, how you first get on the bike, there are no footstep sounds, so bell sounds from the bike, actually, no sounds at all from the bike, and lastly, when you reach Grove Street and CJ is supposed to say "Grove Street - Home", he doesn't. I do have subtitles on but that doesn't change a thing.

Honestly, the game is playable, but I'd really prefer to have all the sounds working.

I should probably mention: ALL SOUND FILES ARE PRESENT IN THEIR FOLDERS.

Here are my specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Intel i3-2120 @ 3.30GHz
4 GB RAM
DirectX is version 11
AMD Radeon HD 7700
and finally, sound is stock Realtek HD Audio.

Under dxdiag, no problems were found.

Also, what's odd is that when I installed the same CD on my old XP laptop, everything worked perfect, including all the sounds..

If anyone can help me troubleshoot my problem, it would be greatly appreciated!

The problem was solved by switching my audio settings from 5.1 to Stereo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users