My god the possibilities are endless

19 replies to this topic
B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

I just don't know where to start....

There are SO MANY things to do in this game, where the hell do you start?

Unlike other popular games that I've done videos for such as BF3, the CODs, TLOU, Ghost Recon, UFC undisputed and so on, there is absolutely nothing straightforward about V's multiplayer. I'm not entering this game's universe to record a simple round of play in a death match or objective based gamemode (although you certainly could), I'm LIVING this game.

Racing, shooting, sports, stunts, carshows, co-op missions, hell one could essentially make a great video of themself simply hanging out in their virtual apartment with their friends having a funny conversation, complete with their characters lip syncing every line . GTA gives the Youtuber so many realms to work in with so much attention to detail and robust customization, its truly going to be a reveloutionary experience for the art of video editing and Machinima.

Thank you R* ... who needs next gen anyway?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

I've thought about this too. Youtube peeps are going to have a fun time with this. There is
going to be a lot to wrap our heads around for quite awhile.

I'm also excited for the PC version. I can't wait to see what kind of videos people edit
together with all this content.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

Can't wait for Online either! Hopefully there are many great videos for this game.
Also I'd like to take a look at your videos in the future, what's your youtube account?

PS: Only graphic whores get Next gen so early, there are no good games coming out on it anyway.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 00:41)
Can't wait for Online either! Hopefully there are many great videos for this game.
Also I'd like to take a look at your videos in the future, what's your youtube account?

PS: Only graphic whores get Next gen so early, there are no good games coming out on it anyway.

It's in my sig. Thanks for your interest.

BF4 looks great for nex gen but this game just has more to offer. So friggin diverse.

RedDaggerXL
  • RedDaggerXL

Crash test dummy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:13 AM

Thing is, what gets produced is limited not just by the game but by the creators as well. There are lots of awesome and different things you could make for GTA IV, but a huge majority are just cinematic police fights, getaways and races.

Heck, even a game like CoD has some videos you could make for it but people just make montages.

Yes I would try to make my own to see how hard it is... if my PC was good enough ):

gunslikewhoa
  • gunslikewhoa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:59 AM

The possibilities really are endless. I'm way too excited for this game. I can't decide exactly what I want to do for Online. Ideally, I'd like to record ALL of my gameplay, but that's ridiculous. I'd be buying external HDDs weekly and posting videos from November six months from now lol. I need more details from Rockstar so I can figure out where to focus.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:25 AM

You can even make a movie if you have a good script.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (gunslikewhoa @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:59)
The possibilities really are endless. I'm way too excited for this game. I can't decide exactly what I want to do for Online. Ideally, I'd like to record ALL of my gameplay, but that's ridiculous. I'd be buying external HDDs weekly and posting videos from November six months from now lol. I need more details from Rockstar so I can figure out where to focus.

Yes. It's not like a COD or BF where you kick on the PVR once you enter a match. I'll basically have to leave it on every second that I play because you just never know when something epic is going to happen.

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

totally agree. the baffoonery that will be possible is incalculable at this time. I saw mention of being able to snap still pics with our phones and post them, but what about video? If we can record video with a phones (point and shoot, unlike a game dvr), and this work in ONLINE mode then the sky will be the limit. If prostitutes are functional online then you could film your buddy banging a hooker and post it, among other silly things...

we shall see. smile.gif

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (blowtorchrepair @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 14:08)
totally agree. the baffoonery that will be possible is incalculable at this time. I saw mention of being able to snap still pics with our phones and post them, but what about video? If we can record video with a phones (point and shoot, unlike a game dvr), and this work in ONLINE mode then the sky will be the limit. If prostitutes are functional online then you could film your buddy banging a hooker and post it, among other silly things...

we shall see. smile.gif

Awesome. I want to take a picture of a bear that's right in my face the second before it mauls me.

It would also be cool to take pictures of your house, cars, interesting locations etc etc and send them to your buddy's phone.

IMr_SmithI
  • IMr_SmithI

Nigga rich productions

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (zainzombie @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 04:25)
You can even make a movie if you have a good script.

With the lip syc this WILL be made for sure! Can't wait!

RansomHostage
  • RansomHostage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Is anyone sure that Machinima will be entirely possible? It'll require multiplayer to have some sort of cinema mode where you can play back your gameplay with a free roam camera. Otherwise your character will be in the centre of each shot, as its a third person shooter.

This is a legitimate question, and not having played GTA online before, I don't know if this feature will be available. Thanks for any help!

strakan7
  • strakan7

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (RansomHostage @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 09:52)
Is anyone sure that Machinima will be entirely possible? It'll require multiplayer to have some sort of cinema mode where you can play back your gameplay with a free roam camera. Otherwise your character will be in the centre of each shot, as its a third person shooter.

This is a legitimate question, and not having played GTA online before, I don't know if this feature will be available. Thanks for any help!

i believe there are ways around this, the cameraman can sometimes walk against walls etc to manipulate the camera like in RDR or with GTA he can always get on a motorbike/moped and switch the view to bumpercam (or cinematic) to get a view of the scene...im sure there are many other tricks out there aswell!
i personally will be aiming to re-create some top gear tomfoolery but doubt ill have time to record it!

RansomHostage
  • RansomHostage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (strakan7 @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 10:26)
QUOTE (RansomHostage @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 09:52)

i believe there are ways around this, the cameraman can sometimes walk against walls etc to manipulate the camera like in RDR or with GTA he can always get on a motorbike/moped and switch the view to bumpercam (or cinematic) to get a view of the scene...im sure there are many other tricks out there aswell!
i personally will be aiming to re-create some top gear tomfoolery but doubt ill have time to record it!

Ah that's a shame. Like the OP said, there are endless possibilities for machinima with this game, it would be a shame if we were restricted to tricky camera setups.

Thanks for the response! smile.gif

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

i for one with these endless possibilties , may film my online movie lol, i been thinkin about lol , for long time if its possible hahaha

igamedude
  • igamedude

World's Worst Gamer

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

I'm in the same boat. As a YouTuber this game will allow us to create a lot of great content.

We don't even need to make Machinima's really, just the sheer customization Online and all of the missions will suffice for a few years.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

I didn't see much to do for MP.....
I see more features in offline play then online. lol....

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

North Koreer

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 19:53)
I didn't see much to do for MP.....
I see more features in offline play then online. lol....

Yeah, keep trolling . And if you do not care , why are you here, just to seek attention ?

VMB-TAN
  • VMB-TAN

I needs it

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

There will be so many stuff to do and record, I can't even imagine. And with the possiblilty to make your own races and matches it will be more diverse as well.

Not sure if any of you played RDR, but there was a lot of stuff to do, especially in free roam. Sometimes we did so many stuff, I ended up with a few GB's of video from one session.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

I hope to see some awesome movie like videos. I know once the heist editor releases with all the options and tweaks available, people will be recording the best planned heists that it would seem like a movie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users