"Stranger"

12 replies to this topic
fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

Bad Robot is a production company owned by JJ Abrams, creator of Lost, producer of Cloverfield, and Director of Star Trek, Super 8, and Star Trek Into Darkness. Bad Robot just created a Youtube channel and has uploaded this stange video. There are many theories, some say it's some new book JJ is writing. I hope it isn't, I hope it's bigger than that, but that's what it most likely is. But in case it is a movie or TV show, I thought to put it here. What are your thoughts on this video? What do you think it is?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by Otter, 20 August 2013 - 06:07 PM.

That was pretty slick!

First thought... LOST prequel??! Then, Aquaman? Then....Count of Monte Cristo? NO! LOST! (the narrator says it) then... "Soon" - Noonian Soong?

This is what Abrams has reduced me to. tounge.gif Whatever it is, looks slick. The stitched lips are little passť, but, who knows.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

These mediocre stunts that these directors and others pull are getting old..

This is what i think,
just another stunt where it comes to another lame, forgettable and wasted our interest over a less thought plot of a story with unsatisfied character development and with unnecessary high music score, which grabs only your little attention like a distant smell of worn out shoe..

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

I REALLY hope it's related to Lost.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (milkmansun @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 12:19)

This is what i think,
just another stunt where it comes to another lame, forgettable and wasted our interest over a less thought plot of a story with unsatisfied character development and with unnecessary high music score, which grabs only your little attention like a distant smell of worn out shoe..

Who pissed in your Cynic-O's this morning, boyo? tounge.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

I will keep an eye out for this. Teaser was more than interesting. I wouldn't count on it being related to LOST. I don't want to hype myself with no good reason. But I am definitely not be against that idea.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:53 AM

It's a book, written by another dude. JJ only gave the "idea".

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:22 AM Edited by milkmansun, 21 August 2013 - 06:24 AM.

QUOTE (Otter @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:54)

This is what i think,

he he tounge.gif , was watching Breaking Bad, devil.gif
also i was remembering how stupid i felt when i was waiting for super 8 to come out and get fooled by JJ...

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (milkmansun @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 06:22)

This is what i think,

also i was remembering how stupid i felt when i was waiting for super 8 to come out and get fooled by JJ...

If you want to do is post hate comments don't post here. I get that you want to voice your opinion, which I have no problem with, I love JJ Abrams and think his movies and marketing schemes are brilliant, and if you hate him then that's fine, but please don't post here a lot if all your going to say is "JJ is trash"

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (fridaynightscream @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 00:53)

This is what i think,

If you want to do is post hate comments don't post here. I get that you want to voice your opinion, which I have no problem with, I love JJ Abrams and think his movies and marketing schemes are brilliant, and if you hate him then that's fine, but please don't post here a lot if all your going to say is "JJ is trash"

well i didn't say JJ is trash, the marketing method just disappoints when the actual contents are revealed,

i did post in rude way, sorry for tat..

But still we deserve a better outcome when we are that hyped by their methods of advertising..

For i am thinking, how come this excites us even though there is nothing there extraordinary,
we are just suckers for good mystery?
also may be they are only just good at making 1 to 2 min advertisement that hypes us to watch a blunt movie of more than 90 mins.?

For me i agree i am a sucker, but i feel to have a better experience when they actually release their movie or book...

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (milkmansun @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 19:41)
QUOTE (fridaynightscream @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 00:53)

This is what i think,

well i didn't say JJ is trash, the marketing method just disappoints when the actual contents are revealed,

i did post in rude way, sorry for tat..

But still we deserve a better outcome when we are that hyped by their methods of advertising..

For i am thinking, how come this excites us even though there is nothing there extraordinary,
we are just suckers for good mystery?
also may be they are only just good at making 1 to 2 min advertisement that hypes us to watch a blunt movie of more than 90 mins.?

For me i agree i am a sucker, but i feel to have a better experience when they actually release their movie or book...

I just love JJ's marketing schemes, I love Stranger cause I wanna know what it is! I followed the Super 8 viral marketing for about a year which made me so hyped for the movie. The marketing was useless, but I don't wanna judge Super 8 cause last time I watched it it was a horrible experience. It was at Thanksgiving were I brought some movies, my grandma wanted me to put that on, and relatives kept popping in and out talking loudly as they came in like "HEEEEEEEEEEY!" and made me pause, my uncle, while is awesome, wouldn't STFU when watching, and my annoying sister kept saying 'This movie sucks, is it almost over?" She said it at least 15 times, so the last time I watched Super 8 was not fun, I need to watch it again before fully judging it.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

oh that is a bad experince to watch tat movie, its not a bad movie, but poorly written and the characters are so badly developed
Some may like it coz it is done by JJ, but i was expecting too much from that movie that is why it made me hate so much..
Watch it with an empty mind and tell me if u like it,
coz i couldn't sit through the whole movie thinking "i could be doing something better right now...."

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (milkmansun @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 06:30)
oh that is a bad experince to watch tat movie, its not a bad movie, but poorly written and the characters are so badly developed
Some may like it coz it is done by JJ, but i was expecting too much from that movie that is why it made me hate so much..
Watch it with an empty mind and tell me if u like it,
coz i couldn't sit through the whole movie thinking "i could be doing something better right now...."

I had seen it before that, but it was 2 years ago, Thanksgiving 2011. I've been wanting to watch it again for a while but I haven't gotten around to it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users