» «
Photo

Playing Xbox 360 on PC monitor

5 replies to this topic
BoredGuest
  • BoredGuest

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:52 PM Edited by BoredGuest, 20 August 2013 - 03:54 PM.

I'm getting excited for GTA V so I'm preparing for the big day. I have an Xbox 360 but I rarely play it anymore as I no longer have a good TV, I don't have a PS3, and the game doesn't seem to be coming out on PC any time soon. I'm wondering if there's a way to connect the Xbox to my PC monitor, so I can play on that? I Googled it, and found this which seems to do the job, but I just thought I'd ask here to see if I'm wasting my time or not. Has anyone got any experience with these cables? I also saw this unofficial one for cheaper - should I get this one or is the official cable noticeably better? Thanks.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

I use the official VGA cable with my monitor and it works great. If you want to use your PC speakers for audio, you'll need to convert the RCA output to 3.5mm and probably run an extension, the RCA cables are only a few inches long.

BoredGuest
  • BoredGuest

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

Yeah, I'd want to use my speakers, so how would I convert the RCA output to 3.5mm/run an extension, if the cable was too short to reach? Sorry, I don't know much about this sort of thing.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

user posted image
Do your speakers have RCA inputs? If not you'll need a female RCA to male 3.5mm adapter.

BoredGuest
  • BoredGuest

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

Something like this?

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (BoredGuest @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:45)
Something like this?

That'll work. You should be able to find a decently sized 3.5mm extension at any electronics store (same for that adapter). Just note that you'll have to unplug your PC from your speakers and plug your Xbox 360 in every time you want to play; using a splitter won't work, it will degrade your signal strength too much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users