Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will You Ever Play GTA 4 Again? (Console Users)

140 replies to this topic

Poll: Will You Play GTA 4 After 9/17? (713 member(s) have cast votes)

Will You Play GTA 4 After 9/17?

1. Yes (295 votes [44.23%])

Percentage of vote: 44.23%

2. No (372 votes [55.77%])

Percentage of vote: 55.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote
J-Rock462
  • J-Rock462

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

I'm just curious as to how many people will put GTA 4 back into their consoles... I can't think of any reason why I would want to play 4 after 5 comes out. Maybe nostalgia?? I can't think of any feature that 4 will have that 5 wouldn't. Can you?

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

If they've cocked up the driving in V (made it too arcadey & easy), then I'll play IV to reminisce about what might have been.

Either way, I'll play IV just to compare the differences. GTA's worlds are places you can revisit, even if a sequel has superseded it.

vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Member Title

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 09:50)
If they've cocked up the driving in V (made it too arcadey & easy), then I'll play IV to reminisce about what might have been.

Either way, I'll play IV just to compare the differences. GTA's worlds are places you can revisit, even if a sequel has superseded it.

It seems like not a lot of people like GTA IV's driving. I mean I got used to it but I still prefer the fun driving of III/VC/SA. Feels pretty cool when you drift into a Pay 'N' Spray in San Andreas.

Lukijs
  • Lukijs

Badump

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

Probably .. actually I'm playing through IV on xbox 360 now . Also don't know what most people are bitching about ..frame rate is pretty stable and it looks gorgeous,don't see anything blurred etc ,also it looks spectacular in rainy night.

rays727gta
  • rays727gta

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Yep its wanna the best games of all time FACT any other answer is wrong.

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 14:50)

IV's driving was so weird, like driving a boat.

Ont: Yes, i will.

arrowface10
  • arrowface10

The Protagonist

• BUSTED!

Even though I voted no, because GTA 5 will be a blast!, I might reconsider it, and probably try out GTA 4 one more time just to see the big differences.

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

Maybe.. but I doubt it sad.gif

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

I just can't.. Played GTA IV so much, that just the songs on the radio or the look of Niko/Luis just makes me yawn.

Great game in its time, even the driving was alright, never understood the issues people had with it, ill take it over the arcadey older GTA driving style any day.

Had the same issue with Battlefield BC2 to BF3, BC2 a GREAT game, but once i had BF3 i never put in that disc again.

vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Member Title

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

My PS2 is currently plugged in but when I plug in my Xbox I always play GTA IV. Maybe because it's the only full GTA game this gen. Either that, or I like the physics of running people over. Or maybe, I like seeing how deformed I can make my car.

dagangsta
  • dagangsta

#Tits

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

I voted yes if they make PS3 discs being readable for PS4

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:04 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 20 August 2013 - 03:13 PM.

QUOTE (hawkstalker @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 14:53)

It seems like not a lot of people like GTA IV's driving. I mean I got used to it but I still prefer the fun driving of III/VC/SA. Feels pretty cool when you drift into a Pay 'N' Spray in San Andreas.

IV's driving physics were perfect for me. Sure, it took a bit of getting used to, but once you mastered it, you could really feel the weight shifting in the vehicles when taking corners and when braking.

R* better not f*ck this up in V just to appease those who were too lazy to learn.

staticguy
  • staticguy

★ Watch out for ur stop!We go deep into the ghetto!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

ahahah, i draw this sh*t biggrin.gif

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:07 PM Edited by jamieleng, 20 August 2013 - 03:11 PM.

I'll admit the learning curve for driving in IV was steep, but it wasn't impossible to perfect. When you drive a car in real life like you do in IV, you struggle to keep control of it. In that aspect it felt more exhilarating, because it is much closer to real life, than the 3D era games. I just want to say, other than mobile games, I haven't played any dedicated driving/racing games this gen.

Please don't take this next comment as me saying 'I know better'. I used to drive for a living & worked at two luxury car showrooms. I'm just basing my experience on driving a range of different vehicles, just as you do in GTA. GTA IV felt closest to the real thing, when compared to other open world sandbox games set in modern day.

vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Member Title

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 10:07)

I'll admit the learning curve for driving in IV was steep, but it wasn't impossible to perfect. When you drive a car in real life like you do in IV, you struggle to keep control of it. In that aspect it felt more exhilarating, because it is much closer to real life, than the 3D era games. I just want to say, other than mobile games, I haven't played any dedicated driving/racing games this gen.

The driving in IV is manageable. You can drive as fast as you want but when you have to turn, you have to slow down. It kind of takes the exhilaration out in my opinion. And during races, I hated having to slow down to turn when I had like a 5 second lead. But on-topic, I hope GTA V has both options.

J-Rock462
  • J-Rock462

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Sure, the driving was a little difficult to get down. I like it over all. My only let down about it was if you took a turn going 20 mph you did a 360 haha.

I personally voted No, because I can't think of anything in 4 that would make me want to re visit it. Maybe I'm just to hyped about 5

konspirazytheory
  • konspirazytheory

A.K.A. David Liebe Hart

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

I was just thinking about this. I'm definitely still gonna keep IV around, simply because I think it'd be cool to play in a virtual LA one minute, and then NYC the next.

zalanith
  • zalanith

I <3 R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

yes - stop at meet kate. idk , kate just destroy my mood.

TiggerThaWigger
  • TiggerThaWigger

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

5 years is enough, I played the game to much. If I do, I will def not touch its multiplayer, which is nothing but a Mod infested wasteland.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

If you love something, you'll let it go smile.gif

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Exactly. Too many people here fail to realize that one of Rockstar's goals with every game is to make it feel different and unique from the other games.

J-Rock462
  • J-Rock462

Rat

• Members

QUOTE (konspirazytheory @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 15:14)
I was just thinking about this. I'm definitely still gonna keep IV around, simply because I think it'd be cool to play in a virtual LA one minute, and then NYC the next.

Good Idea. I still have my copy of GTA 3 and Vice City in my closet. I'll show it to my grand kids one day haha biggrin.gif

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

I still played III here and there after I have purchased Vice City. I still played Vice City when I purchased San Andreas. I kept playing San Andreas occasionally after IV was released. I still do play all those games today, even though nowhere as much as I used to when I purchased each of them years ago. So, even after the release of GTAV, I will kep re-playing IV, which is my favourite GTA by the way. If there's a new GTA title, then it's an addition to the game series, and not a replacement. A game can have the most features ever, and it can be the best game in terms of quantity and quality; I will keep going back, no matter what.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (TiggerThaWigger @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 15:16)
5 years is enough, I played the game to much. If I do, I will def not touch its multiplayer, which is nothing but a Mod infested wasteland.

I still play Sanandreas occasionally so I'm sure in some years down the line I will get a random urge to play IV again (I'll play it before 17/9)

Like you though I doubt I'll touch online again, TBoGT is still playable online at this point but I'm sure that wont be the case in 3 or so years time.

TiggerThaWigger
  • TiggerThaWigger

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

Im guessing the driving is going to be more realistic than like an arcade.

fac316
  • fac316

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'll go back after I beat V Five times

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Dat equal poll monocle.gif

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

user posted image

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

I've not played IV in years so I doubt I'll have the desire to play it once V is out. IV's missions sucked save for three leaf clover and that's not a reason to replay the game.

J-Rock462
  • J-Rock462

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

Wow, I'm amazed that the poll is tied and has been for a little while

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users