» «
Photo

Would you pay to use GTA Online?

30 replies to this topic
EvilDog77
  • EvilDog77

Unequaled C4 Whore

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:42 AM Edited by EvilDog77, 20 August 2013 - 11:33 AM.

GTA Online is looking up to be a multiplayer experience like no other. It will most likely eclipse GTA V and go way beyond what GTA V initially promised to be. My question is, if it came to it, would you pay a monthly fee or BF3 style premium for continued use of the service?

Exitiumx
  • Exitiumx

T.W.O

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

It would honestly depend. Monthly subscription? As long as it wasn't more than 5 and you got much more features! Then again, they could take the Battlefield 3 route and get you to pay for a one time premium membership. To be fair, if that was the case... then yes I would, if it meant players would get new locations, weapons and vehicles! We're technically getting two games for the price of one anyway, 40 for GTA V and GTA Online is awesome!

TheNando
  • TheNando

poophead

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

I would be willing to pay the full price of a new, separate game.

EDIT: Didn't read the question properly. I would pay a maximum of $5 a month.

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

I wouldn't pay in it's current state. If they updated the player count from 16 to 50 then maybe i'd consider it, but 100 per server would be ideal. For me to pay for the online i'd expect Rockstrar to use dedicated servers to host the players. This wouldn't be a problem.

EvilDog77
  • EvilDog77

Unequaled C4 Whore

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (TheNando @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 11:19)
I would be willing to pay the full price of a new, separate game.

EDIT: Didn't read the question properly. I would pay a maximum of $5 a month.

I edited the OP. Didn't make it broad enough. :-)

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

No cant say that i would pay for a monthly subscription for GTA Online. I dont mind paying for DLC's and add ons that the might add to GTA Online but i wouldnt pay monthly as i aint going to play this every month especially after the first year or so i might leave the game for a couple of months then go back to it, so i basically would of payed for nothing.

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by SwitchBladeJones, 20 August 2013 - 03:56 PM.

A subscription is not needed. If they keep adding great content at the same level of quality they always have, I would definately pay for new content. I've never bought a "special edition" on release, but this GTA has bonus features. I didn't buy RDR's "special edition" on release because they scattered it accross multiple retailers and countries. No matter where you bought it you missed out on something. They learned from that mistake. I like the series so much I ordered Collector's Edition. If GTAO continues to add cities and countries with new cars, mission styles, peds, and radio stations I will absolutely pay for it. I dont want to be treated with disrespect though and this has never been Rockstsr Games way. For example COD has expansion maps, but if you didn't buy them you still need to exit a lobby because they display the maps you don't have as the next map to play on. In Forza, if you buy the expansion car packs, no one can see your car unless they have the car too. So GTAO will hopefully have big official expansions that only those that bought it can reach that area, rather than moneygrubbing little wimpy expansions that are low quality.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

f*ck no, Im already paying for GTA V and Online when I purchased GTA V.

A season pass is alright as long as there are no micro transactions.

VincentPericant
  • VincentPericant

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

I'd pay for additional online content if it was something I felt would benefit me as a player, but a subscription? No chance. I don't think it's in R*s prerogative. I don't get to play video games all that much anyway, and if V turns out to be the biggest selling game of all time, then the majority of those people are going to be the same as me. None if those people will pay for a subscription if they only play online rarely.

If they did charge an online subscription, then they'd better have a free option as well for people that would only play online now and again.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

For current gen ehh probably not.

On next gen...it depends what they offer. I would hate a monthly
fee but I'd be ok with individual priced DLC.

kev210
  • kev210

Los Santos!

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

Well..i can pay up to 60 bucks

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

The Car Place Founder

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

I would pay 0.01p per day and thats it

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

We allready pay to use interenet. Hell to the no, I would not pay to use gta online, that's crazy !!
user posted image

GroveVendetta
  • GroveVendetta

C.R.E.A.M.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:45 AM

you won't have to pay to play online
no need to cause problems that aren't there

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:03 AM Edited by PHOENIXZERO, 21 August 2013 - 07:53 AM.

They're not going to charge a subscription, they'll make it free to play with DLC to support it. And I'm already paying to use it. Eventually they'll spin it off as a stand alone and probably sell that.

lubo
  • lubo

Eh?

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Shhhhh !

Dont put ideas in their heads ph34r.gif

DEFR0B0T
  • DEFR0B0T

I'm back bitches

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

I think it will go like Planetside 2 is with its F2P method.

GroveVendetta
  • GroveVendetta

C.R.E.A.M.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (DEFR0B0T @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:00)
I think it will go like Planetside 2 is with its F2P method.

HAHA with that logic every game company will go F2P

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (SwitchBladeJones @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 15:53)
A subscription is not needed. If they keep adding great content at the same level of quality they always have, I would definately pay for new content. I've never bought a "special edition" on release, but this GTA has bonus features. I didn't buy RDR's "special edition" on release because they scattered it accross multiple retailers and countries. No matter where you bought it you missed out on something. They learned from that mistake. I like the series so much I ordered Collector's Edition. If GTAO continues to add cities and countries with new cars, mission styles, peds, and radio stations I will absolutely pay for it. I dont want to be treated with disrespect though and this has never been Rockstsr Games way. For example COD has expansion maps, but if you didn't buy them you still need to exit a lobby because they display the maps you don't have as the next map to play on. In Forza, if you buy the expansion car packs, no one can see your car unless they have the car too. So GTAO will hopefully have big official expansions that only those that bought it can reach that area, rather than moneygrubbing little wimpy expansions that are low quality.

Actually you need to download the free car out of every car pack on forza to see that packs cars.

ered
  • ered

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

Rockstar has 5 options if they want to keep the online alive.
Stay F2P for ever but with DLC
Stay F2P forever but with Micro-Transactions
Stay F2P with DLC+Micro-Transactions
Stay F2P but require people to buy GTA VI(ETC) when it comes out.
Go P2P for 5-15 dollar a month.

I think F2P + DLC is the one rockstar will use.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

DLC`s, yes. It would REALLY depend on what they give me, as I`d not bite on cosmetic crap, unless it`s some stellar stuff.

Monthly? They have to be really high to offer a fee to a multiplayer mode, seeing how dedicated MMO`s are beginning to steer clear of it.

DannyMan
  • DannyMan

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (FANTOMTRON @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 17:31)
We allready pay to use interenet. Hell to the no, I would not pay to use gta online, that's crazy !!
user posted image

Omg who is that please answer

manny_calavera
  • manny_calavera

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (DannyMan @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 20:07)
QUOTE (FANTOMTRON @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 17:31)
user posted image

Omg who is that please answer

That's the Angry Video Game Nerd. Google that and you'll get his videos.

Flame07
  • Flame07

The High Rollers

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

If paying meant regular updates and more content then i would happily pay similar to world of warcraft rate which is 8.99 a month, but they would have to keep the content updated with new stuff

WildTurkeyMcGee
  • WildTurkeyMcGee

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

I would pay $20 a month

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

it would all depend on whats the offer in the subscription, if it was like 50 to 100 people online at a time, and dedicated servers, and they were constanly, updateing the world with new content, then yeah I would.

Skyline91
  • Skyline91

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

No. You should just be able to pay 60 bucks and be allowed to play for an unlimited time. Things like monthly subscriptions have prevented me from playing games like WoW. Paying once a month to play a game sucks.

WildTurkeyMcGee
  • WildTurkeyMcGee

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (Skyline91 @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 22:19)
No. You should just be able to pay 60 bucks and be allowed to play for an unlimited time. Things like monthly subscriptions have prevented me from playing games like WoW. Paying once a month to play a game sucks.

If your not willing to invest more then the original cost of the game then I hope you don't expect any more content added.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Outlaw

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

for just playing online? NO
for playing in new areas and maps, more game modes, more characters and infinite missions? YES, HELL YES
If you could revisit old cities and new cities, I would pay.

GroveVendetta
  • GroveVendetta

C.R.E.A.M.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (ered @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 10:45)
Rockstar has 5 options if they want to keep the online alive.
Stay F2P for ever but with DLC
Stay F2P forever but with Micro-Transactions
Stay F2P with DLC+Micro-Transactions
Stay F2P but require people to buy GTA VI(ETC) when it comes out.
Go P2P for 5-15 dollar a month.

I think F2P + DLC is the one rockstar will use.

they don't need those options when most who are getting GTA are mainly getting it for online

of course it will be a no subscription service, it's like free roam but with more things to do with extra content paid for with micro transactions. Like PlayStation Home, free for everyone to use but, if you want better things you need to pay for example $1 for a unique/premium shirt or $2 for a unique/premium furniture set

requiring people to buy a future game? that's just stupid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users