Photo

GTA V vs Skyrim

110 replies to this topic
Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

Really got hooked on Skyrim after I really got into the game but I must say it did have a lot of repeated textures

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Don_Corleone @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 12:51)
Really got hooked on Skyrim after I really got into the game but I must say it did have a lot of repeated textures

One thing that disappointed me were the puzzles. I read there were many puzzles in dungeons to be solved and they were sometimes really hard.

There's only like 2 different f*cking puzzles. That circle thing where you need a claw. And those pillars that you need to rotate and make them face the good way and pull a lever to open the next door..

That was f*cking lame man..

afk4ever
  • afk4ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (TheRealBars @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 09:23)
Apples and Oranges.

More like Apples and Blueberry Tacos, where the former is Skyrim, and GTA V is the latter.

In other words, I hate Skyrim and have never played it, which means I can give any judgement call I want on it. (not really)

What I'm saying is that Skyrim is confined to the ground, and a little bit underwater. GTA V is confined to the ground, the air, and a detailed underwater area.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (afk4ever @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 12:59)
In other words, I hate Skyrim and have never played it.

This is what's wrong with society facedesk.gif

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (v17 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 22:33)
This is a GTA forum so there is obvious bias. As for detail I think they will be on  par with each other.  Which would I prefer to play?  .... GTA V

I just hate games that you'd associate with these people:

user posted image

I'm quite open to all games apart from those real nerdy types... it's not bias because I'm a fan of GTA because I do love tons of other non-nerdy games, but I just don't feel a part of "that" ring of gamers.

afk4ever
  • afk4ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (ryan_J @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:03)
QUOTE (afk4ever @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 12:59)
In other words, I hate Skyrim and have never played it.

This is what's wrong with society facedesk.gif

user posted image

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (afk4ever @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 04:59)
Apples and Oranges.

More like Apples and Blueberry Tacos, where the former is Skyrim, and GTA V is the latter.

In other words, I hate Skyrim and have never played it, which means I can give any judgement call I want on it. (not really)

What I'm saying is that Skyrim is confined to the ground, and a little bit underwater. GTA V is confined to the ground, the air, and a detailed underwater area.

Your post makes zero sense.

Every inch of Skyrim's giant map is hand crafted, no two caves, dungeons, towns, settlements, crypts, cities or mountain or any of the 100's of locations a duplicate. Even just about every single NPC has a unique name and a their own house as well, along with their own jobs and family/backstory.

Skyrim blows RDR out of the water when it comes to the game world's detail, we'll only see if V can top it.

afk4ever
  • afk4ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:07)
Apples and Oranges.

Every inch of Skyrim's giant map is hand crafted, no two caves, dungeons, towns, settlements, crypts, cities or mountain or any of the 100's of locations a duplicate. Even just about every single NPC has a unique name and a their own house as well, along with their own jobs and family/backstory.

Skyrim blows RDR out of the water when it comes to the game world's detail, we'll only see if V can top it.

Your post makes even less sense than mine.

Your logic: better detail means more stuff you can do and better gameplay.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (afk4ever @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:10)
Apples and Oranges.

Your whole post was invalid when you said 'I hate Skyrim and have never played it' do you know how stupid that is monocle.gif

If you meant something else by this please enlighten me.

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (afk4ever @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 14:10)
Apples and Oranges.

I really hope you're a troll

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

I don't think Skyrim looks better than Oblivion, it most certainly is NOT as good as Oblivion. GTA V will have far better graphics than Skyrim in every way and it won't be an unplayable, buggy piece of sh*t that Bethesda is known to release. Don't get me wrong, I love Elder Scrolls and Fallout, but the textures are muddy where in GTA V, they will be highly detailed.

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

Apples and Oranges.

Why does V have to top it? Games are great if they stay in their own way. GTA must not be like Skyrim, or Skyrim like GTA.

They can take aspects of eachother to make their game better, but not make it so that it completely changes they way the game was.

Skyrim blew RDR out of the water you say? I don't care because RDR is still an amazing game, and so is Skyrim. And they're all great in their own way. smile.gif

afk4ever
  • afk4ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (Don_Corleone @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:14)
QUOTE (afk4ever @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 14:10)
Apples and Oranges.

I really hope you're a troll

I am the farthest thing from a troll, little guy.

My point is that I do not like games where fantasy crap happens.

I know you're going to tell me "you can't say it's bad if you've never played it".

If someone is allergic to pudding, and another person says "if you've never tried it, you can say you hate it", the other person is going to hate the pudding, and get an allergic reaction to it.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

to people who complain about skyrims textures:
Look at the picture with michael in a lounge chair outside. The rocks behind him look like crap

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (afk4ever @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 05:10)

Are you illiterate, child?

Did you bother to read the OP? -"Can we expect the same level of detail from GTA V?"

But yes, better attention to detail in a game generally does make the game overall better. Higher attention to detail will lead to a more believable game worlds which increases immersion which overall makes the entire experience of the game better than if it were to have poor attention to detail.

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (afk4ever @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 14:20)
I am the farthest thing from a troll, little guy.

My point is that I do not like games where fantasy crap happens.

I know you're going to tell me "you can't say it's bad if you've never played it".

If someone is allergic to pudding, and another person says "if you've never tried it, you can say you hate it", the other person is going to hate the pudding, and get an allergic reaction to it.

If you're really not a troll then wow, just wow

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

Ya Skyrim was boring.

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:17)
I don't think Skyrim looks better than Oblivion, it most certainly is NOT as good as Oblivion. GTA V will have far better graphics than Skyrim in every way and it won't be an unplayable, buggy piece of sh*t that Bethesda is known to release. Don't get me wrong, I love Elder Scrolls and Fallout, but the textures are muddy where in GTA V, they will be highly detailed.

Whether Skyrim or Olbivion is the better game is purely opinion (personally I thought Skyrim blew Oblivion out of the water, and Oblivion had been one of my favourite games), but to say you don't think it looks better is ridiculous.

Skyrim was a much better looking game than Oblivion. As it should be, theres about 5 years between them.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (III H1TMaN III @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 05:18)
Why does V have to top it? Games are great if they stay in their own way. GTA must not be like Skyrim, or Skyrim like GTA.

They can take aspects of eachother to make their game better, but not make it so that it completely changes they way the game was.

Skyrim blew RDR out of the water you say? I don't care because RDR is still an amazing game, and so is Skyrim. And they're all great in their own way.  smile.gif

I swear nobody cares to even look at what's being discussed...

We're talking about in terms of detail.. Yes Skyrim's world blows RDR out of the water in terms of the game world's detail, that doesn't make RDR a bad game for I've spent much more time playing RDR MP than I have Skryim.

I never said GTA should be more like Skyrim or vice versa, I simply said we'll have to wait to findout whether V has a higher detailed world than Skryim.

QUOTE (AtomicPunk)
I don't think Skyrim looks better than Oblivion, it most certainly is NOT as good as Oblivion. GTA V will have far better graphics than Skyrim in every way and it won't be an unplayable, buggy piece of sh*t that Bethesda is known to release. Don't get me wrong, I love Elder Scrolls and Fallout, but the textures are muddy where in GTA V, they will be highly detailed

Man are you high??

user posted image

Skyrim's graphics make Oblivion look like PS1. It's hard to believe the two are from the same generation.

afk4ever
  • afk4ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:21)

Did you bother to read the OP? -"Can we expect the same level of detail from GTA V?"

But yes, better attention to detail in a game generally does make the game overall better. Higher attention to detail will lead to a more believable game worlds which increases immersion which overall makes the entire experience of the game better than if it were to have poor attention to detail.

You joined in 2006 and you are assuming I'm a child...?

You should be ashamed of yourself for acting so immature.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (afk4ever @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 05:43)

Well yes, most children have an inability to read and take in information so I could only assume you were a child yourself. You weren't exactly worth my time to skim through your profile to see if you had bothered to put your birthdate (for all I know could be faked anyways) so I could only base your age off your public display of low intelligence and comprehension levels.

I'd suggest to try and act more your age if you want to avoid such things in the future.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 09:31)
QUOTE (AtomicPunk)
I don't think Skyrim looks better than Oblivion, it most certainly is NOT as good as Oblivion. GTA V will have far better graphics than Skyrim in every way and it won't be an unplayable, buggy piece of sh*t that Bethesda is known to release. Don't get me wrong, I love Elder Scrolls and Fallout, but the textures are muddy where in GTA V, they will be highly detailed

Man are you high??

user posted image

Skyrim's graphics make Oblivion look like PS1. It's hard to believe the two are from the same generation.

Nope. I think Skyrims art direction just wasn't as good as Oblivion's world, and many millions agree so don't act like this is some shocking, rare opinion that I have. The character models do look better, I can't argue with you there, but the world of Oblivion looked better and had a certain magic to it--Skyrim lacked that. Skyrim's still an OK game though.....as long as you DO NOT buy it for PS3.

As far as the argument over RDR VS Skyrim? RDR wins hands down. Not even close.

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

Skyrim install on XBOX 360: 3+ GB... yeah, the game wasn't big.

afk4ever
  • afk4ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:50)
QUOTE (afk4ever @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 05:43)

Well yes, most children have an inability to read and take in information so I could only assume you were a child yourself. You weren't exactly worth my time to skim through your profile to see if you had bothered to put your birthdate (for all I know could be faked anyways) so I could only base your age off your public display of low intelligence and comprehension levels.

I'd suggest to try and act more your age if you want to avoid such things in the future.

All of those words could be directed at you as well.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 14:13)
Nope. I think Skyrims art direction just wasn't as good as Oblivion's world, and many millions agree so don't act like this is some shocking, rare opinion that I have. The character models do look better, I can't argue with you there, but the world of Oblivion looked better and had a certain magic to it--Skyrim lacked that. Skyrim's still an OK game though.....as long as you DO NOT buy it for PS3.

Your first TES must have been Oblivion as anyone who started playing it earlier will easily tell you Oblivion is the weakest one in the franchise, completely watered down.

Even Skyrim, with even more streamlined skills, armor, lack of armor degradation and all.. still manages to have much more depth than Oblivion.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 10:27)

Your first TES must have been Oblivion as anyone who started playing it earlier will easily tell you Oblivion is the weakest one in the franchise, completely watered down.

Even Skyrim, with even more streamlined skills, armor, lack of armor degradation and all.. still manages to have much more depth than Oblivion.

I've played EVERY ES since the first one and no way is Oblivion the weakest. Skyrim is. I guess it boils down to opinion, but my opinion is a lot more popular. tounge2.gif

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Two completely different games, both are probably amazing, i know skyrim is.

But as it has been said by others, "Skyrim is wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle"

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 14:31)
QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 10:27)

I've played EVERY ES since the first one and no way is Oblivion the weakest. Skyrim is. I guess it boils down to opinion, but my opinion is a lot more popular. tounge2.gif

You may think it is, but judging for a few forums I've been a part of during the time of release of Skyrim it was quite clear most of those people wouldn't agree with you.

Oblivion was simply bland, only a few different environments, every cave looked the same, planes of Oblivion getting old after 2-3 gates, weak story that puts you as a sidekick to Martin.. Sure after Morrowind it amazed many people with Radiant AI, facial animations and amazing graphics at the time. But Skyrim improved all of that, graphics was better in every way, AI was smarter, quest got some puzzle elements to make them more interesting, caves were much more detailed, a lot of different environments...

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

Skyrims missons are 1 big giant fetch quest, it's a ye olde UPS simulator

SirTerning
  • SirTerning

Whoopie

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

Skyrims world is not that big actually.. It is just big because you either sprint or drive slow and glitchy horses, or heck the whole game is glitchy as hell but the game is fun and quite entertaining I must say and many off the mods are really well made to since the mod community for that game is insane as with every other Elders Scroll game.

Off-topic: Why even compare Skyrim with GTAV? I think RDR is a better comparison to Skyrim...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users