Quantcast

» «
Photo

What is this this?

68 replies to this topic
MiamiVice1984
  • MiamiVice1984

Hey There Officer, Nice Badge, Nice Badge.

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (pokemon4ever @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:59)
probably a PC screenshot

Dream on. The Benz confirmed that the Online gameplay was recorded from a PS3.

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

WHAT THA HELLL!! Its console for crying out loud! Its just that the RAGE engine's lighting looks so damn awesome. Now PEOPLE are saying its next gen. Look at Red Dead Redemption...That game's lighting looks AWESUM! Y can't U just agree its console... Don't worry i'll wait.........lol

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Viper27 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 16:50)
WHAT THA HELLL!! Its console for crying out loud! Its just that the RAGE engine's lighting looks so damn awesome. Now PEOPLE are saying its next gen. Look at Red Dead Redemption...That game's lighting looks AWESUM! Y can't U just agree its console... Don't worry i'll wait.........lol

Jesus Christ can you not do '..................................' all the time? I never said it was on next gen. You make no sense anyway.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Craigybabes @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 15:55)
QUOTE (Murad96 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 14:33)
QUOTE (Craigybabes @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:57)
Here's an actual 1:1 capture from the FLV version of the trailer. I think you'll agree it's identical...
user posted image

It's a larger file as compared to the WMV and MP4 versions - but most notably, it's both brighter and sharper than what 90%+ of people are watching on web pages and YouTube and such.

But it is most definitely not next-gen or PC footage. (Which ultimately doesn't matter of course, because the game engine/lighting/weather/etc... has finally matured).

/EndOfThread/

Where did you download that? Can you link me to it please?

Got from the Rockstar Website, but used 'FlashVideoDownloader' (plugin for Firefox). The official download links are only for the WMV/MP4 flavours...which aren't as sharp (not that the Flash version isn't as blocky as all hell either - but ce la vie).

Thanks I'll download it now icon14.gif

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (zainzombie @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:28)
Its all about the lighting. Compare Franklin's trailer to Michael or Trevor and you will see a huge difference between them. They have done a great job with lighting. Lighting can make ALOT of difference if you have done a good job with it. Kojima and Konami did a full presentation on it for MGS 5.

this ^^

i think what's making OP impressed by this screen is just the contrast of the crisp, blue headlights with the overall dimmer & warm ambient lighting associated with the time of day.

everything looks sharper and "pops" more at dusk and dawn, it's not because the world is higher def. at that time of day - it's the quality of the light.

(has art degree, will comment)

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (pokemon4ever @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 19:59)
probably a PC screenshot

No.

Galaxyass
  • Galaxyass

West Coast Rock Steady

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

It looks exactly like everything else. Just different time of day and lighting.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (voyager @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 19:35)
QUOTE (zainzombie @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:28)
Its all about the lighting. Compare Franklin's trailer to Michael or Trevor and you will see a huge difference between them. They have done a great job with lighting. Lighting can make ALOT of difference if you have done a good job with it. Kojima and Konami did a full presentation on it for MGS 5.

this ^^

i think what's making OP impressed by this screen is just the contrast of the crisp, blue headlights with the overall dimmer & warm ambient lighting associated with the time of day.

everything looks sharper and "pops" more at dusk and dawn, it's not because the world is higher def. at that time of day - it's the quality of the light.

(has art degree, will comment)

- Comment approved.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Keijserbroodje @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:59)
sh*t i hope it'll come out for next gen! My brother is moving out and taking the ps3 with him so I havent got anything to play gta v on. I could buy a new one but when the next gen is so close it seems pretty stupid to me to buy a current gen..

I don't know how much next gen consoles are going to be, but I'm 100% certain they're going to be more than the ps3+GTAV bundle is at $250. That price is a steal.

If I were you I would buy the bundle. f*ck buying next-gen at it's highest price (at release)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users