» «
Photo

What is this this?

68 replies to this topic
Machiavelli's Prophecy
  • Machiavelli's Prophecy

Mo money mo problems

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:43 AM Edited by Machiavelli's Prophecy, 20 August 2013 - 12:49 AM.

QUOTE (Patriot_Action @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:13)
QUOTE (Murad96 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 19:11)
QUOTE (Patriot_Action @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 01:11)
QUOTE (Murad96 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 19:10)
Are you serious? I said we know what next gen graphics look like, and what next gen open world graphics could look like (from Watch Dogs) so we have an idea of what next gen in general looks like...

confused.gif

Do all PS3 games have the same graphics?

What?

You're saying one game is a representative of what a different game will look like next-gen. Not all PS3 games have the same level of graphical detail, even within-genre, so I don't see how you can judge how one game might look by using a different game for comparison (especially when it's a different developer on a different engine).

What the f*ck?? Of course every game looks different but there's still a graphical limit that applies to all games, the devs aren't working with magic. The lack of RAM/CPU/GPU power on current gen are all very real.

Resolution of current gen games is very low across the board (usually 640p which is then upscaled - which, keep in mind, is lower than the resolution of your average smartphone nowadays), same goes for the frames per second (usually capped at 30fps, with common dips below that when games get hectic).

Lets use open world games as an example. You'll notice that every single one of them suffers from pop-in, low resolution textures, low online player count, low draw distance, jagged edges, unimpressive lighting, etc, etc.

Before you say anything, I know that gameplay is more important. And I think it's the right choice to release on current gen first. But there's no denying that GTA V, visually, is very unimpressive. It's impressive that Rockstar managed to make GTA V work on current gen, but the graphics aren't. You're really kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Machiavelli's Prophecy @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 18:43)
Are you serious? I said we know what next gen graphics look like, and what next gen open world graphics could look like (from Watch Dogs) so we have an idea of what next gen in general looks like...

confused.gif

What?

You're saying one game is a representative of what a different game will look like next-gen. Not all PS3 games have the same level of graphical detail, even within-genre, so I don't see how you can judge how one game might look by using a different game for comparison (especially when it's a different developer on a different engine).

What the f*ck?? Of course every game looks different but there's still a graphical limit that applies to all games, the devs aren't working with magic. The lack of RAM/CPU/GPU power on current gen are all very real.

Resolution of current gen games is very low across the board (usually 640p which is then upscaled - which, keep in mind, is lower than the resolution of your average smartphone nowadays), same goes for the frames per second (usually capped at 30fps, with common dips below that when games get hectic).

Lets use open world games as an example. You'll notice that every single one of them suffers from pop-in, low resolution textures, low online player count, low draw distance, jagged edges, unimpressive lighting, etc, etc.

Before you say anything, I know that gameplay is more important. And I think it's the right choice to release on current gen first. But there's no denying that GTA V, visually, is very unimpressive. It's impressive that Rockstar managed to make GTA V work on current gen, but the graphics aren't. You're really kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

The average resolution for current gen is 720p, It's not the best, but it's something.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (Machiavelli's Prophecy @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 01:43)

confused.gif

What?

But I think you're wrong with low draw distance. The draw distance in GTA 5 looks really good, and they said that the "lighting gives the effect of a bigger draw distance" or something like that. The jagged edges also aren't that bad.

And I know you were defending me, but how can this screenshot look bad to you?

user posted image

Anyway, I don't think we were arguing about GTA 5 looking bad? I was saying to that guy how we know what next gen looks like, and an idea of what GTA 5 would look like on next gen, from Watch Dogs.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Machiavelli's Prophecy @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:43)
But there's no denying that GTA V, visually, is very unimpressive. It's impressive that Rockstar managed to make GTA V work on current gen, but the graphics aren't. You're really kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

I'm flabbergasted at some of the things people say on here. So Red Dead Redemption was also "visually unimpressive" as well?

If owning a gaming PC turns me into someone like you, then I'll gladly miss out on cutting edge graphics for the rest of my life.

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

Anarchy 99 Holland @SocialClub

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 12:17)
But there's no denying that GTA V, visually, is very unimpressive. It's impressive that Rockstar managed to make GTA V work on current gen, but the graphics aren't. You're really kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

I'm flabbergasted at some of the things people say on here. So Red Dead Redemption was also "visually unimpressive" as well?

If owning a gaming PC turns me into someone like you, then I'll gladly miss out on cutting edge graphics for the rest of my life.

Exactly icon14.gif

GrahfTheEmperor
  • GrahfTheEmperor

The Emperor of Darkness

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Just imagine if Rockstar Games announced that GTA V would be released for next gen right now. Most of the people would wait to buy it along with
the new consoles so they wouldn't sell the current gen copies. It's very likely that the game will be released for PC in the future and why not on
next gen too.

manutd36
  • manutd36

Manutd36

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

This screen reminds me a lot of Midnight Club: LA

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (Wesinator @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:02)
Time of day, other than that it looks the same almost to me

icon14.gif

Highgrade89NewAccount
  • Highgrade89NewAccount

Bird Is The Word

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:33 PM Edited by Highgrade89NewAccount, 20 August 2013 - 12:37 PM.

All gameplay is from the PS3. R* have confirmed this a number of times.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Highgrade89NewAccount @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:33)
All gameplay is from the PS3. R* have confirmed this a number of times.

And I didn't say it wasn't.

Craigybabes
  • Craigybabes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Here's an actual 1:1 capture from the FLV version of the trailer. I think you'll agree it's identical...
user posted image

It's a larger file as compared to the WMV and MP4 versions - but most notably, it's both brighter and sharper than what 90%+ of people are watching on web pages and YouTube and such.

But it is most definitely not next-gen or PC footage. (Which ultimately doesn't matter of course, because the game engine/lighting/weather/etc... has finally matured).

/EndOfThread/

Glennyman
  • Glennyman

Limburg

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

All the vids that were released till now are from the Ps3. They confirmed that

Gta V is just gonna kick ass

bl3z4r
  • bl3z4r

GTA V

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

hope they are gonna announce PC VERSION at Gamescom!

Pirates of the Black Lagoon
  • Pirates of the Black Lagoon

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

it doesnt look like next gen

EDSTEROK
  • EDSTEROK

Going to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

I have to agree about it being the lighting. If you look at the people, the building, the sign, tree etc. it doesnt look all that impressive or as nice as the cars or anything that has light being reflected (liek the neon sign).

Machiavelli's Prophecy
  • Machiavelli's Prophecy

Mo money mo problems

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:27 PM Edited by Machiavelli's Prophecy, 20 August 2013 - 01:32 PM.

No, for one, at the time of RDR's release (more than 3 years ago), the consoles weren't as far behind as they are now. So it doesn't even make sense to cite RDR as an example. Ignoring that though, if you have played RDR you'll know that the environment features a LOT less detail compared to GTA (less pedestrians, vehicles, dynamic events, geometry, etc, etc). So the extra graphical fidelity makes sense (although it was still capped at 30fps and sub-1080p resolution).

I'm just stating facts. From a visial/technical perspective GTA V does NOT look impressive. I mean, what do you seriously expect on 7+ year old low-end hardware?

GTA V looks good, but far from impressive. You may think I'm being an asshole but I know I'm right.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

Its all about the lighting. Compare Franklin's trailer to Michael or Trevor and you will see a huge difference between them. They have done a great job with lighting. Lighting can make ALOT of difference if you have done a good job with it. Kojima and Konami did a full presentation on it for MGS 5.

Fake_Player
  • Fake_Player

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

R* actually said that it whas all PS3 footage...

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

This is actual console graphics!

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

There is nothing about this game that has unimpressed me graphically. I play PC and console.

Some people are nitpicking the heck out of this game and ruining it for themselves. They are hyper focusing on the dumbest crap.

Valwin
  • Valwin

Old account: renourish

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

Whole video was captured from the PS3 icon14.gif

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Craigybabes @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:57)
Here's an actual 1:1 capture from the FLV version of the trailer. I think you'll agree it's identical...
user posted image

It's a larger file as compared to the WMV and MP4 versions - but most notably, it's both brighter and sharper than what 90%+ of people are watching on web pages and YouTube and such.

But it is most definitely not next-gen or PC footage. (Which ultimately doesn't matter of course, because the game engine/lighting/weather/etc... has finally matured).

/EndOfThread/

Where did you download that? Can you link me to it please?

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Machiavelli's Prophecy @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 14:27)

No, for one, at the time of RDR's release (more than 3 years ago), the consoles weren't as far behind as they are now. So it doesn't even make sense to cite RDR as an example. Ignoring that though, if you have played RDR you'll know that the environment features a LOT less detail compared to GTA (less pedestrians, vehicles, dynamic events, geometry, etc, etc). So the extra graphical fidelity makes sense (although it was still capped at 30fps and sub-1080p resolution).

I'm just stating facts. From a visial/technical perspective GTA V does NOT look impressive. I mean, what do you seriously expect on 7+ year old low-end hardware?

GTA V looks good, but far from impressive. You may think I'm being an asshole but I know I'm right.

What's unimpressive about it apart from the textures?

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (Pirates of the Black Lagoon @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:19)
it doesnt look like next gen

No, you're right, it doesn't. For the games scope, it is the pinnacle of graphics for this gen. Most developers are only getting detail that was present in IV, in their next gen games. I can't even imagine what Rockstar has in store for us in a few years time.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Machiavelli's Prophecy @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:27)
You may think I'm being an asshole but I know I'm right.

And that just sums you up really. I hope GTA V comes to PC asap & that you enjoy it because of the amazing gameplay, detail and overall world.

Have a nice day.

SORRY MODS FOR DOUBLE POST.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

dat was mad tekkers bruh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

You know current gen can handle good graphics, right? There are games with graphics that look even better than the screen you posted.

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

The time of day is different. Just that.

/thread

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

Have you never played GTAIV? Graphics are inconsistent, day and night time also have an effect on quality of graphics.

Craigybabes
  • Craigybabes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (Murad96 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 14:33)
QUOTE (Craigybabes @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:57)
user posted image

/EndOfThread/

Where did you download that? Can you link me to it please?

Got from the Rockstar Website, but used 'FlashVideoDownloader' (plugin for Firefox). The official download links are only for the WMV/MP4 flavours...which aren't as sharp (not that the Flash version isn't as blocky as all hell either - but ce la vie).

libertycityfilms
  • libertycityfilms

LCF

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Machiavelli's Prophecy @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:27)

You are using the wrong words here mate smile.gif The game does not look graphically MODERN or equal to the latest graphical standards.But about it being visually IMPRESSIVE ...GTA V is kicking everyones asses ,to the point there is no reason to even compare or talk about any other game.Also ,whats impressive or beautiful is a matter of perspective and personal view,can't really cover it around with facts. But anyway,thats just my opinion,enjoy the game and don't think so much about stuff like that.Its going to be the best GTA game ever made!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users