GTA Online without Xbox Gold?

48 replies to this topic
3inar
  • 3inar

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

Yes so, what are your thoughts on this?

How do you think it will work for players who don't really have Xbox Gold and no intention to get it?

I hope you can still switch to your GTAO character but just not actually see any other players online or even better if they just say f*ck it let them play for free. Highly unlikely but hope is always good.

Give me some of your thoughts and feedback. Maybe you have some info to share for me?

valyou3
  • valyou3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

Most likely how every other game does it.. You don't get access

USAmike
  • USAmike

USAmike

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

Pay or don't play, that is what microsoft is about.

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

Simple, you won't be able to play GTA Online. It's not called GTA Offline, that's what the single player is for.

3inar
  • 3inar

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Omnifarious @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:58)
Simple, you won't be able to play GTA Online. It's not called GTA Offline, that's what the single player is for.

well you can still be online without Gold.

So you think the fourth character and the switch wont even happened if you press down to switch characters or it will just be blacked out like in the first Gameplay trailer?

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:18 AM

get a ps3 and you wont have to worry about a subscription

3inar
  • 3inar

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (GroveVendetta @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:18)

I would if I could afford, don't really like the controller ether.

I can tell you one thing tho I would and never will pay for playing online when I already pay to have my internet, that is just retarded.

Hope I can buy the next gen instead and depending on how the gold thing plays out with the new gen I will decide if I go XB or PS. Most likely PS or just PC.

If the greedy f*cks running Xbox live lowered there salaries with 1 million or something each they could probably afford not selling stupid sh*tt that shouldn't be for sale.

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (3inar @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:38)

I can tell you one thing tho I would and never will pay for playing online when I already pay to have my internet, that is just retarded.

Hope I can buy the next gen instead and depending on how the gold thing plays out with the new gen I will decide if I go XB or PS. Most likely PS or just PC.

If the greedy f*cks running Xbox live lowered there salaries with 1 million or something each they could probably afford not selling stupid sh*tt that shouldn't be for sale.

I don't see why the controller is a problem its light and you don't need batteries and with next gen (ps4 and xbox) you will need a subscription with ps3 you don't icon14.gif

MiamiVice1984
  • MiamiVice1984

Hey There Officer, Nice Badge, Nice Badge.

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:29 AM

If i were you i would sell my Xbox 360 with all games and just buy a PS3 with GTA V. Not to start a console war but PS3 is just a much better console.

3inar
  • 3inar

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (MiamiVice1984 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 01:29)

If i were you i would sell my Xbox 360 with all games and just buy a PS3 with GTA V. Not to start a console war but PS3 is just a much better console.

No console is better, they are both owned buy companies who want to make money. Sure one might be faster, one might be cheaper in the end it does nott matter they both suck just as much. It is the games that are awesome not the tin can you play them with.

MiamiVice1984
  • MiamiVice1984

Hey There Officer, Nice Badge, Nice Badge.

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (3inar @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 01:35)

No console is better, they are both owned buy companies who want to make money. Sure one might be faster, one might be cheaper in the end it does nott matter they both suck just as much. It is the games that are awesome not the tin can you play them with.

You are wrong, Very wrong.

You mean to tell me that paying for online is better than free?

And you mean to tell me that DVD is better than Blu-ray?

And you mean to tell me that Xbox Live is better than PS+?

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (MiamiVice1984 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 01:36)

At least with Micro$oft, I don't have to worry about my account being hacked, and my bank account being drained. Although I will admit, the PS4 is leagues better than the Xbox ONE in my personal opinion.

3inar
  • 3inar

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:52 AM

No what I am saying is, both are companies. They want your money, unlike a game witch have people who educated themselves in game developing and dreamed of making games because they simply love games and gaming. They make money so they can make better games. A company selling a tin can does not. It only thinks about revenue.

Hitmanboss
  • Hitmanboss

drugged giraffe

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

Please don't start another console war, i've had enough of that sh*t on other threads. I have both and it's not as great as you try to paint it to be, i don't care about blu-ray most companies don't take advantage of the extra GB's anyway except for some exclusives and ps plus is alright i guess. i play online alot so i enjoy xbox live services plus cross game chat with a party of friends is a good thing too. You seem offended that someone doesn't agree the ps3 is the best this gen they're just consoles not a gang.

KingWizard
  • KingWizard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:01 AM

I'm on PS3, but all I can say is, GTA V will probably be the last good game of this Gen on 360, might as well buy Live for $35 off EBay or Amazon and play it to the fullest. No need to spend $200 for one game.

Good luck tho.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:11 AM

I imagine it will simply work like this:

If you are logged into XBL or PSN your online avatar shows up on the character switch.

If you are not logged into XBL or PSN OR if you do not have internet access it will show up
as a grayed out spot like in the gameplay trailer. Thus meaning you can't switch to it.

USAmike
  • USAmike

USAmike

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:45 AM Edited by USAmike, 20 August 2013 - 04:50 AM.

Sony just released a $200 ps3, now you have a better option.
either:
$200 4gb xbox(charges on batteries, multiplayer, higer priced headsets/mic, plus external needed for the 8gb install)
or
$200 12gb ps3(no extra charge)

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

Red Dead Redemption had system link which allowed you to play MP with friends locally, perhaps GTA:O will be the same.

I do suspect that those people who don't have online access won't have the 4th character slot available in the character wheel, as others have said it will probably be greyed out.

Seriously, XBL Gold can be sourced fairly cheap online if you know where to look.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:42 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 20 August 2013 - 09:44 AM.

People have a tv, they then have to pay for cable or satellite if they want to watch more/better channels. The argument could be why should people pay for satellite when they've just forked out a few hundred dollars on a tv, or why buy CD's when I've paid for my music system.

3inar
  • 3inar

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Thanks for all the answers guys. smile.gif

Now we can only wait hand hope for the best

drumbago
  • drumbago

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Omnifarious @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 01:45)

At least with Micro$oft, I don't have to worry about my account being hacked, and my bank account being drained.

Actually my xbox account got hacked 2 years ago. Some little scrotes bought FIFA and about eleventy million MS points on my account then transferred it all out to their own account. Microshaft tried to blame my bank, so I had to cancel my cards and wait about a month to get the money back and recover my xbox account.

It was entirely a flaw in MS security, so needless to say I don 't keep a payment card linked to my Live account any more.

But that's actually a good thing, because I recently wanted to go Gold again in prep for V, so I shopped around and got a year of Gold for about 21. Never ever just pay microsoft for Gold or MS points, there are always deals to be had if you shop around the internet.

And seeing what we'll be getting with GTA Online, I'm more than happy to pay 20 wingwangs for that. happy.gif

Dr Zoidburg
  • Dr Zoidburg

woop woop woop!

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

You want some cheese with that whine? Maybe we should call you a waaaambulance.

Xbox Live is a superior online service so I don't mind at all paying for it. PSN is garbage. I suggest asking your parents for a raise in your allowance so you can either buy a gold card or get a PS3. Just remember, you get what you PAY for.

P.S. - You can get a one month gold card for only $8. I suggest you get one and try it out.

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Don't get gold get the subscription below it so its cheaper or the superior PS3

3inar
  • 3inar

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Dr Zoidburg @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 12:59)

You want some cheese with that whine? Maybe we should call you a waaaambulance.

Xbox Live is a superior online service so I don't mind at all paying for it. PSN is garbage. I suggest asking your parents for a raise in your allowance so you can either buy a gold card or get a PS3. Just remember, you get what you PAY for.

P.S. - You can get a one month gold card for only $8. I suggest you get one and try it out.

I don't think my parents wants to give me any money at all seeing as I am an adult.

I am unemployed that is why I cant afford it wink.gif

donconjo
  • donconjo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

I have a Xbox and will get Gold Live just for GTAV.
I bought the Xbox because GTAIV had DLC just for Xbox ....Right.
I am thinking of buying the PS4 instead of the Xbox One but I also don't like the PS controller.

Anyway no rush with nextgen for me smile.gif

Edward Maya
  • Edward Maya

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (3inar @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:04)
QUOTE (Omnifarious @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:58)

well you can still be online without Gold.

So you think the fourth character and the switch wont even happened if you press down to switch characters or it will just be blacked out like in the first Gameplay trailer?

No the switch won't HAPPEN not happened (this guy doesn't make sense) but thats what happens to play online you have to pay to play online pal

SchwartzJesuz
  • SchwartzJesuz

CPH Ultras

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (MiamiVice1984 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 03:29)

Xbox Live is a better experience than Playstation Network. Trust me, I own both consoles. Xbox Live is worth the money.

Everything else is about preferences: Do you enjoy the simple XMB menu on the PS3, or do you like the more advanced dashboard on the Xbox?
Do you prefer the smaller and lighter PS3 controller, or the bigger and heavier Xbox controller?

Graphic vise they're pretty much the same. Honestly, I cant tell a difference.

mman1235
  • mman1235

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (3inar @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 01:52)

No what I am saying is, both are companies. They want your money, unlike a game witch have people who educated themselves in game developing and dreamed of making games because they simply love games and gaming. They make money so they can make better games. A company selling a tin can does not. It only thinks about revenue.

I am srry to burst your bubble,
but game companies are no different than your description of Sony and Microsoft.

A game developer's primary goal is to make money, than comes the player's enjoyment.
It is not far off from what you said but it's a bit more true.
And Sony and Microsoft also are fans of gaming, just so you know, maybe not all of them but a lot of them are (like Sony worldwide president Shuhei Yoshida).

Just wanted to state that out there, srry if I sounded like an as*hat right there :P

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Nope, you won't be able to access GTA Online... It won't let you connect 100% sure.

beauedwards1991
  • beauedwards1991

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

You probably will be able to access any miscellaneous features, but as far as playing with others? Nope.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users