Merryweather

21 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

I've been meandering about the GTA Wiki earlier today, and I found out that there was some private military company called "Merryweather". Here's the link here

Will Merryweather play a role in the game itself, or will they just be in the multiplayer, period? What kind of guns and vehicles will the use? Will they replace the army as far as wanted levels go? And the most mysterious of all, who hired them?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

There is an achievement for the single player that states you stole a secret weapon (a sub is pictured) from Merryweather and then you gave it back.

So I would say they are also in the single player and play a role in at least one of the heists.

Here's the achievement:
Subversive
You stole an experimental super weapon from Merryweather... and gave it back.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 18:03)
There is an achievement for the single player that states you stole a secret weapon (a sub is pictured) from Merryweather and then you gave it back.

So I would say they are also in the single player and play a role in at least one of the heists.

Here's the achievement:
Subversive

f*ck me sideways, you're right icon14.gif never caught that achievement before. Wonder why you'd give it back to them after you stole it...

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

Looks like it's a parody of highly controversial PMC Blackwater, Xe Services LLC, Academi or whatever it's called these days.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

Agreed.

I am really interested as to why you would give it back to them but...I suppose we'll have to wait until we play the game to find out! lol.gif

I am already excited. 27 days to go, gents!

@Raavi

Most likely. That's pretty much what I thought that it was a parody of a real life private military company.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 18:08)
Looks like it's a parody of highly controversial PMC Blackwater, Xe Services LLC, Academi or whatever it's called these days.

I've looked into those a while ago. I'd love to see a Merryweather site where they try to justify all the bad sh*t they do and how they try to 'water down' the fact that they'll work for anyone with a buck lol.gif

And they call themselves "Academi" these days. Damn, all those name changes

Maxios
  • Maxios

Nerd

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:08)

Here's the achievement:
Subversive

f*ck me sideways, you're right icon14.gif never caught that achievement before. Wonder why you'd give it back to them after you stole it...

I think by giving it back, it means using it on them.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

They can't be worse than Black Arrow from Splinter Cell.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:08)

Here's the achievement:
Subversive

Well, according to one of CVG's GTA V O Clock, they're a PMC of "highly trained guards", so you'll more than likely encounter them later during the story.

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:03)

Here's the achievement:
Subversive

And my guess would be the secret weapon is the chaingun......

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

As far as the "giving it back" part is concerned, I interpreted it in 2 possible ways:

1. If it is a submarine, then we fill it with C4 and explode their base with it (after we escape of course!).

2. Maybe by "giving it back", its meaning that we fire the weapons at the facility.

_L1pE_
  • _L1pE_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

My thoughts on the achiev: I think we will give it back by being forced to do so, otherwise there would be consequences (maybe Michael's family is kidnapped by them or something and then we have to give the weapon back as ransom, I dunno).

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (_L1pE_ @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 18:48)
My thoughts on the achiev: I think we will give it back by being forced to do so, otherwise there would be consequences (maybe Michael's family is kidnapped by them or something and then we have to give the weapon back as ransom, I dunno).

That'd be something, but who would pay an entire private army just to kidnap them?

DroLeo
  • DroLeo

Lost Forever

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

Maybe it's a nuclear sub!

TheShogunOfHarlem
  • TheShogunOfHarlem

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:01)

Will they replace the army as far as wanted levels go?

Probably and hopefully not. PMCs don't have MBTs and a lot of the Military hardware that actual militaries do have. PMCs would be a pisspoor but welcome addition to the wanted level system. The Military still needs to be around to provide the hard hitting tactic only they can. Hopefully, R* will allow enemy AI to fire RPG, Grenade Launchers, use Tank cannons and machine guns and Helicopter gunships against us... but I digress.

Trevor Foreplay
  • Trevor Foreplay

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

GOD DAMN I CANNOT f*ckING WAIT ANY f*ckING LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

Nobody here has mentioned the obvious way the achievement would go: You steal the one of a kind secret weapon from the PMC group then sell it back to them. What's the point of going through all that trouble if there is no gain, you know?

mika96
  • mika96

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

Hmmm makes me wonder about the other group of mercs in manhunt the cerebrus,maybe they will have a mention in V

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Above The Rain

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:08)

Also, Craft International.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:22 AM Edited by D- Ice, 05 September 2013 - 01:29 AM.

There is another achievement in singleplayer,which goes along the lines of:
Run like the wind: You survived 24 hours with a bounty on your head.
Might this have something to do with it?
Maybe you have to give the super-weapon back due to being mercilessly chased by Merryweather.
If not, I am very interested in finding out what that achievement is all about?
We know from a trailer (and I think it is mentioned in at least one preview) that (at least Trevor) can work as a bounty hunter, so could it be that you can get hunted by bounty hunters? Wonder how that would work...

Regardless, Merryweather and possible bounty hunters will definatley be my favourite enemies, and I can imagine really enjoying dispatching dozens of them. devil.gif

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:01)
I've been meandering about the GTA Wiki earlier today, and I found out that there was some private military company called "Merryweather". Here's the link here

Will Merryweather play a role in the game itself, or will they just be in the multiplayer, period? What kind of guns and vehicles will the use? Will they replace the army as far as wanted levels go? And the most mysterious of all, who hired them?

I do not think so lockheed martin also known as martin marietta is based in Colorado I love 10 minuets from them I used to go to school right by their head quarters

Monsterousness
  • Monsterousness

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

maybe by 'give it back to them' it means you did your mission and wrecked the damn thing, then as an f-you to marryweather you park it back where you found it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users