Goodbye Liberty City

18 replies to this topic
Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

With Grand Theft Auto: V on the horizon, now is the best time to reminiss past memories you've had within the wave-battered boundaries of Liberty City. Since I'm the OP, I'll take the liberty of going first.

I remember taking the TUG as far as it'll go at sea.
I remember locking a child who sounded 6 years old in a van.
I remember chasing people in a police car in a 'roleplay' style.
I remember doing glithces to get under the map.
I remember reaching level 10 in multiplayer.
I remember having a destruction derby in the arena near the airport in every vehicle (over time).
I remember taking gold caddys to the skate park and performing stunts in them.
Good times.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

i remember hopping in my feltzer, tuning in to liberty rock and going for loong flying rat hunts. now that was fun!

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

I'll always remember those crazy free mode games at the airport, fighting for the helicopters for countless hours. It was great fun.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 17:30)
I'll always remember those crazy free mode games at the airport, fighting for the helicopters for countless hours. It was great fun.

I'm enjoying some of that right now! smile.gif Its crazy how ballistic people will go for a damn helicopter in IV!

austinkopeck
  • austinkopeck

Meth Cook

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

I sure am gonna miss Niko, Roman, Brucie, and Packie.
I remember the when I was cruising through Broker in my Peyote, listening to "1979" by Smashing Pumpkins. It was dark and foggy, and I don't know why, but that moment felt special.
I remember jumping out of cars and right into the bumpers of oncoming traffic. Good times.

TiggerThaWigger
  • TiggerThaWigger

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 22:30)

Don't forget there is always that one asshole who flies around the airport and goes out of his way to prevent anyone from touching a chopper, constantly destroying them or killing anyone who goes near them.

I'll always remember constantly stalking a player down after he or she would go out of their way to destroy my ride and kill me.
Or landing on a building around the airport with a sniper and picking unsuspecting players off, good times.

But am looking forward to moving out of the dark gloomy depressing environment that is Liberty City and going to Los Santos.

representa
  • representa

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:58 PM Edited by representa, 21 August 2013 - 03:03 PM.

I remember discovering Hardcore mode in GTA IV

I remember discovering the greatness of Female vs Female Ryona that is to be found in GTA IV
although Ive been using GTA for Ryona since GTAIII when you picked Misty up, I would go off the mission and ride around having her fight other hookers.
When San Andreas came I would have my girlfriends fight females as well. GTA IV made it so your girlfriends didn't fight but they have dialog for fighting(which is odd)
I hope Rockstar doesn't drop the ball on GTA V

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

I'll never completely leave gta4, I'll go back just for nostalgia's sake

Unless they put Liberty City as a Gta Online dlc

Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

I'll never forget anything about this game... it's the best open-world game I've ever played!

This will change on September 17th, though wink.gif

7csc
  • 7csc

Northwood !

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

Finished the game right now... damn , it's playing '' Back in New York'' and I'm about to cry.Too good memories...

I'll be sure to play it on 16th of September just to do a beautiful goodbye

Jordiath
  • Jordiath

∆ for ∆pple

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

I remember going really far out to sea and calling 911, so Niko would reply "sh*t, I don't really know where I am" when he was asked.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

I remember driving around Broker for the first time, the place just looked so realistic and felt fascinating, but yet dangerous.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

I remember the first time leaving Niko's Broker safehouse and I walked around Hove Beach before stopping and staring at the Algonquin Skyline in awe.

Those moments are once in a lifetime. sad.gif

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

I remember the time driving around Algonquin with any supercar I drive and wore fancy clothes from Perseus. Gets me the feeling of being a citizen of Liberty City. I also remember about flying on Happiness Island and those remarkable police chases. Ah good memories to be always kept about. smile.gif

I'm finishing the last mission of Deal ending soon as part of my replays, I have done Revenge last week.

Uptown Rider
  • Uptown Rider

Uptown General

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

I remember having epic online matches with so much players that you had to have a helicopter. i remember surving through gunfire to reach those helis and when you got one, air fights

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 06:50)
I remember the first time leaving Niko's Broker safehouse and I walked around Hove Beach before stopping and staring at the Algonquin Skyline in awe.

Those moments are once in a lifetime. sad.gif

I remember curiosity getting the best of me one day so I decided to cross the bridge to get into Algonquin. I didn't make it and headed back for Dukes. I saw the scary black Buffalo FIB cars and they shot me down. sad.gif Then another day I sneaked across the bridge to Algonquin via the walkway. Got a short tour of south Algoquin until some cops killed me. 6 stars felt pretty hard back then. Those times were priceless.

Anthonymrb
  • Anthonymrb

Collectors Edition

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

I started playing through it yesterday again! Stopped after doing a couple of Playboy X missions. Can't wait to keep going after work biggrin.gif

TheSwex
  • TheSwex

Agent Of Chaos

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

You guys talking about the helicopters in free mode brought back a memory of mine. I was playing on TBOGT free mode and we had the typical asshole fllying around blowing up the choppers at the airport. He was on his headset bragging about it.

You know what the funny thing is? In EVERY free mode game I've ever played, for some reason people have no idea that the LCPD building across the parking lot from the airport terminal has an Annihilator on the roof. Just a few flights of steps up. I went there and grabbed it and went after the guy. I rocked his Buzzard with gunfire and he screamed "HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT?!" as he went down in flames. I never told the guy where I found it and he never seemed to find it himself. I then flew across the map to Algonquin and landed on a building. I just sat there enjoying the view. Eventually I see another Annihilator come flying over. I hear the guy flying it come over my headset with "Dude good call. I totally forgot the police building had these things." He landed next to me and we sat there for a bit. We then decided to team up and fly around for a while.

Another time I was in a helicopter race with some people when the game first released. I guess it wasn't a race, but we were all flying around Broker. A coworker had told me about a prank/tactic he had pulled while doing the same thing, so I decided I'd try myself. I said over the headset "Hey guys! Press Y for turbo!" Without fail I see about four of the choppers just fall out of the sky, and a lot of cussing comes over my headset. I still can't believe that worked.

Good times. I'll miss it. May even pop on there from time to time unless they add Liberty City to GTA Online.

da_KING
  • da_KING

Anger Of Beast

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:39 AM Edited by Maurice Del Taco, 30 August 2013 - 10:41 AM.

I remember the first time I've started to play GTA 4 around Christmas in 2010. I was blown away. That feeling when you first time enter a completely new city is just magical. I'd say the best feeling in the world (especially for Liberty City).

Also the first time in MP was magical. Even now I am thinking that GTA 4 and it's MP is best game in the world. Until 17th September this year comes smile.gif

Even when GTA 5 comes out, I'll still stick to Liberty City. Just can't leave it, after 5 years, I still discover new places, that how Liberty City is awesome smile.gif

Well, let's see what will 17th September bring us...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users