4 replies to this topic
Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

Hi guys,

My computer is driving me crazy, I think I've got a virus on here somewhere.
I've scanned my whole pc with MSE, but it didn't give anything.

When I go to Microsoft Security Client, it says it can't be turned on and when I click on mssesec.exe (MSE) it doesn't want to start.
After reinstalling MSE for the second time, Microsoft Security Client still doesn't work. When I try to update MSE, it says it can't update even though I do have an internet connection.
What can I do?

Thanks in advance,

Exxon.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

Check your processes. (Ctrl+shift+esc) Remove any suspicious processes. Have you downloaded anything that contains suspicious files. What does the virus do exactly.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

Maybe it is a boot virus/root kit! Get a root kit scanner.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

I stay mad @ Rockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

download malwarebytes (malwarebytes.org) and run it in safe mode. i think you are just seeing mse's usual wonkyness - it will update and turn on WHEN IT FEELS LIKE IT. sometimes i have seen it turn off and on - on its own and i know on this particular machine it doesn't have a virus. you could also use that free kaspersky live CD that runs off linux iirc and boot from it.

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

I can't see any unusual processes, I've already checked that.
What kind of root virus scanner thing do you advise?

I used the backup (system recovery) thing which seems to have solved the problem, even though I have to start MSE myself each time now.
It is updated though, and everything seems alright again.
Only thing is, Google Chrome sometimes randomly crashes when I start it, any help for that?

@unclebud
It could very well be the same over here, it doesn't really look like I have any virus of some sort now.
Only thing I have now is the random crashes in Chrome and MSE that doesn't start automatically.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users