9 replies to this topic
Gifbrah
  • Gifbrah

GTAist.com Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA]

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

It would be nice if GTAV, rather than have it be set-in-stone, allows the player to choose the degree of realism he experiences. Similar to adjusting how prone referee's are to call fouls in the NBA games, a system where the player chooses various settings would be ideal.

For example, you can switch from simple mode to realistic mode. Otherwise, you can individually adjust what you want and don't want.

Some things may include:

(on/off)
-fuel
-stealing cars without wanted levels
-traffic violations
-how many bullet hits it takes to kill you
-mini map
-accident death/health

and so on.

The question is, what are the chances Rockstar implemented something similar? Alternatively, what would you guys like to see yourselves?

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

I wish. I'm not sure why more developers don't do this. Fallout 3: NV had hardcode mode, so things like that are possible.

By default, it should all be off.

nickmajfc
  • nickmajfc

GTA V on Next-Gen!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

That would be awesome, because then those weird people who dont want fuel to make the game more realistic in, can have the option to turn it off, whilst we get the feature we want!

TimeLordDoctor
  • TimeLordDoctor

Praise him, Praise him, Praise him, Praise him, Praise him,

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Basically Cheat codes......

BundyNL
  • BundyNL

sEbh

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Is fuel in the game or not, not kinda clear for me..

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Erm no, that's not how it works. GTAV has its own official rules, if you don't like them, don't play the game. What you're doing is like marching into a football pitch and demanding the rules are changed to suit you.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Gifbrah @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 17:32)

Some things may include:

(on/off)
-fuel
-stealing cars without wanted levels
-traffic violations
-how many bullet hits it takes to kill you
-mini map
-accident death/health

I predict that none of them except the mini map will be configurable. It's rather obvious though.

And no, fuel isn't in the game.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:57)
Erm no, that's not how it works. GTAV has its own official rules, if you don't like them, don't play the game. What you're doing is like marching into a football pitch and demanding the rules are changed to suit you.

There's always at least one...

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

FAIL OPTIONS!

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

i'd like that sort of thing to be available after you complete the game, along with other on/off choices for 'cheats' like pedriot, infinite ammo etc. gives you a chance to re-play at a variety of much easier or more difficult levels without just tossing the developers take on how the game should be played out the window.

there are lots of compromises made when the game is designed, so it will appeal to hardcore & casual gamers, and something like that gives people an option to customize the experience. at the same time i like how GTA doesn't let you scale up or down the difficulty -- it's hard to compare games between friends that have lots of difficulty settings - you think it's hard? oh but you had it set to hardcore mode, or you thought that mission was easy? oh but you have cops set to minimum and it takes 50 shots to kill you, no wonder. take a sports game like madden, there are so many ways to tweak difficulty there is no way to understand what level of skill someone plays it with by comparing single-player records. i appreciate that we all have a common experience with the game; what's doable by one player is pretty much doable by another because all the physics and AI and random events and game mechanics are the same, it's not all relative to options checked.

i really like the idea; just for some reason getting a bunch of options opened up for replaying the story in some crazy god-mode or extreme difficulty & realism after you beat it sounds to me more like a great reward or goal more than a good way start from the outset.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users