Quantcast

» «
Photo

Interview with Leslie Benzies to 3DJuegos Spain.

104 replies to this topic
JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 07:48)
700 sounds crazy, but I bet there will a sh*tload of missions that simply can be considered....filler.

I would guess that they've counted the different components of a heist team as one mission. For example, a heist could need a sniper and a getaway driver - being the sniper would count as one mission, and being the driver would count as a different mission. You could then do the heist multiple times doing the different jobs each time.

SgtRexPowerColt
  • SgtRexPowerColt

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (1future @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 08:01)
QUOTE (Josh410 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 21:40)
You can change weather, time of day, time you want it to rain or to be a certain weather state, radio station to be tuned at the start of the race or mission in the Content Creator.

Notice how he says "change it to rain or a certain weather state".

The types of weather there are in real life is rain, sleet, hail, and snow.

This is another piece of evidence towards there being snow in the game.

Since when is there snow in LA (Los Santos)?

Since always

user posted image

Tonzofun
  • Tonzofun

Your friendly-neighborhood getaway driver

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (Doitmyself @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 18:19)
Wow it seems that they are realy focused on GTA Online. But what about the singleplayer? How many missions are there?

Exactly what i was thinking about.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (1future @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 10:01)
QUOTE (Josh410 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 21:40)
You can change weather, time of day, time you want it to rain or to be a certain weather state, radio station to be tuned at the start of the race or mission in the Content Creator.

Notice how he says "change it to rain or a certain weather state".

The types of weather there are in real life is rain, sleet, hail, and snow.

This is another piece of evidence towards there being snow in the game.

Since when is there snow in LA (Los Santos)?

Who says it have to be Los Santos? Also yes, in LA it actually can snow.. altough it's very rare. And there will be snow in the game anyways according to this picture (bottom left): http://www.rockstarg...e_county_bg.jpg

(I assumed you missed it)

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 07:30)
QUOTE (rampage08 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 05:55)
i have a question about the dedicated servers stuff, i rarely play online games so i know so little about this, so what's the pros for dedicated servers ? less lag ?

The current way matches are set up on consoles is is that one of the players (the host) acts as the server. The quality of the connection is dependent on everyones connection to the host, so if they have a bad connection you're going to get a laggy game. This leads to host migration and everyone suffering.

With dedicated servers there is a high-end piece of equipment that every one connects to, so if one person has a bad connection the others don't suffer.

wow that sounds great, but then again, i'm that one person whose connection is not as good as most people, would that mean that i will suffer from lagging ?

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Of course it's possible that it can snow in LA, but it's extremely rare. Just a quick google search tells me that the record snowfall in Los Angeles was 2 inches (5cm) in 1932 lol.gif

malco
  • malco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

user posted image

The more they announce the more I worry, I've avoided MMOs until now because I knew they would suck me in but this just seems too good. At lease we don't have to wear headbands that screw into our brains just yet...

SuperCrayon
  • SuperCrayon

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

This is as much of an MMO as Test Drive Unlimited is.

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Please folks, take "700 Missions" with a pinch of salt.

This simply means very VERY simplified variations of heists and deathmatch scenarios.
This doesn't mean 700 missions with cutscenes and complex gameplay.

It'll be like

This over and over and over again.. just with different waypoints.

Obviously still very cool, but it's definitely gonna get repetitive and as we know, people can upload their own missions so it'll just be recycled garbage over and over.. but I guess (or at least hope) that there will be a ranking system so we can see the most popular missions that fans have uploaded.

Luna Lovegood
  • Luna Lovegood

You're just sane as i am

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (The Benz)
The game is the speaker, not businessmen.

Business lesson learned

SPEEDDRV
  • SPEEDDRV

Boss!

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

What a great NEWS!! biggrin.gif

vincentmillidge
  • vincentmillidge

vincent millidge III

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

after years of hoping and dreaming rockstar have fulfilled almost all my gaming dreams

Amazing, a good few years ago i wrote on this very site how i hoped GTA would move towards certain mmo aspects with it online stuff, around the same time i also wrote about how i wanted a bullet time esque dynamic for both shooting and driving and how i really hoped character customization would be a big part of gta online 'custom crim' is how i described it. I also wondered about the posibilties of an ever evolving, ever growing world/city/missions released periodically ha. gta online is literally making my gaming dreams a reality, I cant wait to buy it, connect, find my friends create a player and crew and then bash my way through all 700 hundred missions and generally wreak havok on the streets of los santos, all that needs to happen now is for them to preview an alien invasion dlc and i shall be totally vindicated, there were alot of nay sayers back then its nice to know Rockstar is populated by people of a similar taste and disposition as me. HU fu.cking RAH!!!!!!

G D
  • G D

RED7 ineffable arts.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

I just read the translation, extremely good read. icon14.gif

Cookies to realtom for the bigass translation. cookie.gif

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Hey Spaniards, please ask them to upload those screenshots in original quality. And let me know about the progress. As for me, I sent a message to their's facebook but they ignore me. So maybe we need some other way of contact.

Ah, we need not all of them, but just this one:
http://i13b.3djuegos...ine-2330997.jpg
user posted image

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Nice!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users