Quantcast

» «
Photo

Interview with Leslie Benzies to 3DJuegos Spain.

104 replies to this topic
bandita_96
  • bandita_96

R = my nickname, RicsiHUN

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

Yes it's normally that for many players something isn't cool with the game...

As example by GTA IV for many players was the car driving amazing but for many was disturbing because of the "ship swinging" style.

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

Great. Still no private lobbies announced and I have horrible internet. Guess I won't be playing...

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Exactly, the whole "Police will actively try to arrest you when they see you driving a stolen vehicle" maybe GTA V's controversial feature among fans.

Talib
  • Talib

ज्ञान Talib

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

no questions about Private servers/matches. Hopefully there is. We can't just rule it out because it isn't mentioned.

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:18 PM Edited by johnwontscore, 19 August 2013 - 09:33 PM.

QUOTE (Talib @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 21:11)
no questions about Private servers/matches. Hopefully there is. We can't just rule it out because it isn't mentioned.

Didn't he say that you could watch a race or deathmatch on the TV in your apartment and then ask to join it and you could "if" you were given permission? Sounds like a private-type server thing to me.

Something I found interesting in there is when he talks about buying things, "even" a helicopter, as if it's going to be fairly hard to get together that kind of money. I bet we won't all be flying round online in Buzzards too quick, or at least not as part of the missions immediately.

Specialization has popped up again like in the GTA o'clock interviews. Apparently, if you've got good skills in a certain area, or certain equipment, vehicles, etc. you're likely to be invited to join other people's teams to fulfill relevant roles in robberies, etc. Sounds great actually.

G D
  • G D

RED7 ineffable arts.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

Ladies and genties, today i shall inform you that Real Life has finally been surpassed!
If you're a college student, may the god have mercy on your soul.

It almost something outta a storybook, i don't know about you guys but every detail that has been said about this unreal "game" sounds so fitting and perfect in theory, even the "GTA Online starts Oct 1" were a good call, just so people like me can't be torn between Multi and Single. I can go on, but the point is proven...

Zee will fall, cum september 17. icon14.gif

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

You can change weather, time of day, time you want it to rain or to be a certain weather state, radio station to be tuned at the start of the race or mission in the Content Creator.

Notice how he says "change it to rain or a certain weather state".

The types of weather there are in real life is rain, sleet, hail, and snow.

This is another piece of evidence towards there being snow in the game.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

This seems all rather promising. I hope there is enough to do online without been part of a group or working cooperatively. I assume there will be as R* know not everyone enjoys using mics or working part of a team. I'll for sure give it a try when it launches. icon14.gif

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

If their is no private lobbies I am moving in with someone with good internet. >.>

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 22:47)
This seems all rather promising. I hope there is enough to do online without been part of a group or working cooperatively. I assume there will be as R* know not everyone enjoys using mics or working part of a team. I'll for sure give it a try when it launches. icon14.gif

You can do everything alone too I think, and if needed with the help of AI players.

GR0VEST4L1FE
  • GR0VEST4L1FE

Grand Theft Auto V/Online best player on Xbox 360/Xbox Live

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

700 missions? What the... GTA Online will be better than GTA 5 singleplayer

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

So we know we can set up the time of day for the mission, how the mission begins, what music is playing, when to start certain types of weather, probably enemies, weapons, and hopefully the payout.. either that or each will have a set pay that will add up (for example killing 1 bad guy is worth $500) My goodness this is going to be really fun.. I'm going to create some pretty epic missions...

CalommBo2
  • CalommBo2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

[QUOTE]There is something called "team lives". If you have 4 team lives and 4 people, if everyone dies there will be 0 lives left, or if you die 4 times, the team will have 0 lives left, which means if anyone dies, it's mission failed.

I hate this idea because of noobs that might die all the time to lose the mission for everybody

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (CalommBo2 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 18:45)
[QUOTE]There is something called "team lives". If you have 4 team lives and 4 people, if everyone dies there will be 0 lives left, or if you die 4 times, the team will have 0 lives left, which means if anyone dies, it's mission failed.

I hate this idea because of noobs that might die all the time to lose the mission for everybody

This is why the game filters the players based on their level, for example: Il you are a level. 50, you won't play with a level 7.

pandagang55
  • pandagang55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

HOLY sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to play GTA Online!!!!! When and if I ever beat all 700 missions, i'm going to play it again.

ChokingChild
  • ChokingChild

No Time To Breathe

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

So Dedicated Servers 100% confirmed?

Hopefully it's true, cause there's too much lag in MP3 as well as RDR, at least for the majority of the players...

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (ChokingChild @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 18:53)
So Dedicated Servers 100% confirmed?

Hopefully it's true, cause there's too much lag in MP3 as well as RDR, at least for the majority of the players...

Oh man don't get me started on Max Payne 3's horrible servers sad.gif

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Talib @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 22:11)

There is Private Matches.
I saw an image post on Reddit recently where someone asked if there were still Private Matches and Rockstar replied yes and they will be like Red Dead Redemption or something like that.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

Around 700 missions on Grand Theft Auto: Online? That's pretty hectic, I gotta say. Cheers for sharing this OP and I may read the entire interview later on. smile.gif

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:11)

I saw an image post on Reddit recently where someone asked if there were still Private Matches and Rockstar replied yes and they will be like Red Dead Redemption or something like that.

Source?! NOW! Please <3

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (mbdrocks @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:20)

Source?! NOW! Please <3

I swear the thread was there a few days ago but it just somehow disappeared.
I remember Murad96 from this forum posted on it but I can't find anything on his Reddit post history.

mbdrocks
  • mbdrocks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 23:30)
QUOTE (mbdrocks @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:20)

Source?! NOW! Please <3

I swear the thread was there a few days ago but it just somehow disappeared.
I remember Murad96 from this forum posted on it but I can't find anything on his Reddit post history.

If this is actually legit im so happy.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

"And so then I said 'Catch Me Ousside How Bout That'

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:16 AM

700 Missions!?!?
Oh sh*t. mercie_blink.gif

zalanith
  • zalanith

I <3 R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:52 AM

.matchmaking . oh my - be ready for rage.
spectator mode(tv mode)? oh my ,is R* really shooting for e-sports?
anddd 700 mission. well done
content creator seem to be extremely powerful tool (hell yeah !who need mod and such just to add ramp? rockstar now let you create it legally. n to be fair its on console!)

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

i have a question about the dedicated servers stuff, i rarely play online games so i know so little about this, so what's the pros for dedicated servers ? less lag ?

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

I am pretty sure 700 missions are with deathmatches and races.

He says "So you can connect and download any player missions to populate your world online, both from friends and from other users." What types of missions can a player create at the moment? Races and deathmatches!

Sure in time they will add more features and we will probably have really advanced missions but for now this is what we have.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:03)

user posted image

Quoted For Truth

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (rampage08 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 05:55)
i have a question about the dedicated servers stuff, i rarely play online games so i know so little about this, so what's the pros for dedicated servers ? less lag ?

The current way matches are set up on consoles is is that one of the players (the host) acts as the server. The quality of the connection is dependent on everyones connection to the host, so if they have a bad connection you're going to get a laggy game. This leads to host migration and everyone suffering.

With dedicated servers there is a high-end piece of equipment that every one connects to, so if one person has a bad connection the others don't suffer.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

700 sounds crazy, but I bet there will a sh*tload of missions that simply can be considered....filler.

1future
  • 1future

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (Josh410 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 21:40)
You can change weather, time of day, time you want it to rain or to be a certain weather state, radio station to be tuned at the start of the race or mission in the Content Creator.

Notice how he says "change it to rain or a certain weather state".

The types of weather there are in real life is rain, sleet, hail, and snow.

This is another piece of evidence towards there being snow in the game.

Since when is there snow in LA (Los Santos)?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users