Quantcast

» «
Photo

Interview with Leslie Benzies to 3DJuegos Spain.

104 replies to this topic
Anonamix
  • Anonamix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

Another great read. Another day closer.

haarp
  • haarp

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

Well, looks like the GTA V O'crap didn't get an exclusive, as usual they made out they're pros. Les has been speaking to all kinds of media it seems.

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'm not 100% on this however,

You guys do realize that the 700 'missions' are not what you would traditionally expect (single player story missions).

They are basically describing death matches, races and other game modes as 'missions' now. Instead of sitting in a lobby waiting for the next match to start (i.e team deathmatch) you move throughout the world going to live markers, which are the 'missions'. Much like quests in an MMO were they generally have a few different types which are repeated throughout the world.

So by saying there are 700 missions, they are saying there are 700 pre-determined death matches etc, like the ones you can create with the user tool.

jolzew1
  • jolzew1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 10:36)
3DJuegos: In GTA IV had already some of these modalities, and were very interesting. Are they back? For example, the Guild Wars
.L. B. Yes, we intend to do something similar, related to the taking and possession of territories, but now we can not talk about it. Come next year.

What?

Has to be referring to GTA Online for Next Gen. We all know at least the Online part is coming to Next Gen. You don't create an every changing online world just to leave it on hardware that has an expiration date.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (realtom @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 17:00)
L. B. We have great confidence that people use voice communication, we believe it is better for the experience. If not, we also provide the opportunity  to chat via text messages on mobile phone.

That's awesome icon14.gif

Thanks for the translation by the way

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

All this makes me wonder about how the online missions are going to work. I mean, there's going to be NPCs with missions for you, like it happens in all MMORPG games, and we can take them alone or with online friends BUT... how will all this be featured in the online world? Will it be like in World of Warcraft, where you do your quest surrounded by the rest of players, no matter if they are doing the same quest or not? Or will it be like in Guild Wars, where you team-up with some friends and enter a parallel world where only your and your team mates exist?

If it's like in WoW, how will they prevent having various groups of people converging in the same place to kill the same person or rob the same place because of doing the same mission?

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Big Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 12:46)
Well they've confirmed microtransactions.

GTA Online will suck a month or two after release, since that's when the microtransactions will begin.

My money is ready. f*ck BF4, f*ck Watch Dogs. I'll buy anything Rockstar releases for GTAO.

bmajede
  • bmajede

Plawres Sanshiro.

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (The-end @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 12:16)

You guys do realize that the 700 'missions' are not what you would traditionally expect (single player story missions).

They are basically describing death matches, races and other game modes as 'missions' now. Instead of sitting in a lobby waiting for the next match to start (i.e team deathmatch) you move throughout the world going to live markers, which are the 'missions'. Much like quests in an MMO were they generally have a few different types which are repeated throughout the world.

So by saying there are 700 missions, they are saying there are 700 pre-determined death matches etc, like the ones you can create with the user tool.

True.

turkish1981
  • turkish1981

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 16:07)
QUOTE (INEEDVNOW @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 12:03)
QUOTE (turkish1981 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:50)
QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:46)
QUOTE (turkish1981 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 11:44)
QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:42)
QUOTE (turkish1981 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 11:06)
"We want character creation does not resemble anything seen in other games. We expect that the results you get are real, not based on fantasy elements, like orcs."

OH MY GOD ..... OH MY GOD ..... OH MY GOD .....

What?

I'm excited about this. Something never seen in a GTA.

Were they making fun of Elder Scrolls?

I just want the part where it says "never seen in another game"

Haha you have no idea what they meant do you?

I'll help. tounge.gif

"We want character creation does not resemble anything seen in other games. We expect that the results you get are real, not based on fantasy elements, like orcs."

=

We do no want our creation system to be like some other games. We want options that are real and not based on fantasy
elements, like orcs.

Just want to say that I needed that in this GTA. (:

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (The-end @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 16:16)

That's not true. This isn't the first time these missions where mentioned. The CVG interview confirms the validity of this statement and the fact that they are talking about missions that you and your crew can do together that are complex. If you read or watched the CVG interview the missions are explained and they are not "death matchs" and "races" which are not missions anyways they are activities, there's a difference.

The missions involve planning. The previewed mission on press preview involved hijacking a plane and taking out it's guards, driving it out of it's hanger, and flying it off the run way.

They confirmed that they had hundreds of these type of missions for online. Which is a logical step since they want online to be more than a simple subsidy of this one game but to ultimately be a mmo.

TheNextGTAprotag
  • TheNextGTAprotag

GTA fiend

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (jolzew1 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 00:17)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 10:36)
3DJuegos: In GTA IV had already some of these modalities, and were very interesting. Are they back? For example, the Guild Wars
.L. B. Yes, we intend to do something similar, related to the taking and possession of territories, but now we can not talk about it. Come next year.

What?

Has to be referring to GTA Online for Next Gen. We all know at least the Online part is coming to Next Gen. You don't create an every changing online world just to leave it on hardware that has an expiration date.

nope, talking about gang wars for sure

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

It is not over 9000?! Preorder canceled!

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 15:15)
- The Online will be run on the Social Club servers, data will be stored on the cloud. There are datacenters from NY to San Diego, and more Rockstar studios.

Pretty much how I thought the online would work.

Tiglet
  • Tiglet

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

It's gang wars guys, the leaked achievement list has something related to gang wars too.

GTAGuy
  • GTAGuy

Muten Roshi

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:27 PM Edited by GTAGuy, 19 August 2013 - 05:31 PM.

3DJ: How complicated is to make a multiplayer like this in the current generation of consoles? What are the limitations you encountered?L. B. I think the main complication is given by the amount of memory you can use. Every single person in the game has their own clothing and vehicles, so there is a lot of data to be stored simultaneously, since there may be up to 16 players in the same game. That was the biggest factor. Had we not had that limitation would have been possible items of 32 players or more. Although there are other no less important: time. We have so many ideas that do not have enough time to integrate. So we conceived GTA Online as a separate entity.

Possible indication of player count increase in PC version?

Of course it comes as no surprise. GTAIV PC had its player count increased as well...

Suffice it to say GTA Online with 32 or more players would be amazing!

ViXeNoVa
  • ViXeNoVa

2405. Never Forget.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (GTAGuy @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 10:27)
3DJ: How complicated is to make a multiplayer like this in the current generation of consoles? What are the limitations you encountered?L. B. I think the main complication is given by the amount of memory you can use. Every single person in the game has their own clothing and vehicles, so there is a lot of data to be stored simultaneously, since there may be up to 16 players in the same game. That was the biggest factor. Had we not had that limitation would have been possible items of 32 players or more. Although there are other no less important: time. We have so many ideas that do not have enough time to integrate. So we conceived GTA Online as a separate entity.

Possible indication of player count increase in PC version?

Of course it comes as no surprise. GTAIV PC had its player count increased as well...

Suffice it to say GTA Online with 32 or more players would be amazing!

Hopefully the bolded sentence shuts up everyone crying about there only being 16 players.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

What I want to know after reading this interview, how the HELL is this game even possible?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 19 August 2013 - 05:58 PM.

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 13:46)
What I want to know after reading this interview, how the HELL is this game even possible?

"That Magic"

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Great read thanks for sharing. I still am not sure what "Missions" really are... are they like assassination, steal cars, beat up that guy, follow X type mini missions or are they referring to everything that the game offers? Because if its just separate 700 mini missions then thats just.......... awesome.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

So they have dedicated servers for the multi: modders are f*cked.

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (zainzombie @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 18:12)
Great read thanks for sharing. I still am not sure what "Missions" really are... are they like assassination, steal cars, beat up that guy, follow X type mini missions or are they referring to everything that the game offers? Because if its just separate 700 mini missions then thats just.......... awesome.

Read or watch the CVG preview. They go into detail of what the missions entail. And yes they are unique to multiplayer and complex. GTA Online has it's own NPC's and missions and the point that Rockstar is trying to make with this new online gaming is to turn GTA online into a mmo later down the road. They even alluded to adding cities to the online version. It's all in the preview & Interview go watch them.

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Zinthaniel @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 16:36)

That's not true. This isn't the first time these missions where mentioned. The CVG interview confirms the validity of this statement and the fact that they are talking about missions that you and your crew can do together that are complex. If you read or watched the CVG interview the missions are explained and they are not "death matchs" and "races" which are not missions anyways they are activities, there's a difference.

The missions involve planning. The previewed mission on press preview involved hijacking a plane and taking out it's guards, driving it out of it's hanger, and flying it off the run way.

They confirmed that they had hundreds of these type of missions for online. Which is a logical step since they want online to be more than a simple subsidy of this one game but to ultimately be a mmo.

Thanks for the correction, i did draw a rather large conclusion haha.

However, i highly doubt they have 700 unique in depth missions, such as the one you describe.
For example, if each of the missions was about 15 minutes in length, 700 would provide around 175 hours of game play. I know this is GTA, but honestly, 175 hours of UNIQUE missions? Considering the average length of a game these days is around 10 - 20 hours for the single player campaign, with longevity been provided through a repetitive online structure.

Honestly, just sounds too good to be true.

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (The-end @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 18:45)

However, i highly doubt they have 700 unique in depth missions, such as the one you describe.
For example, if each of the missions was about 15 minutes in length, 700 would provide around 175 hours of game play. I know this is GTA, but honestly, 175 hours of UNIQUE missions? Considering the average length of a game these days is around 10 - 20 hours for the single player campaign, with longevity been provided through a repetitive online structure.

Well again GTA online is not a simple add on feature to GTAV it's intent is to become a fully established mmo. Watch the CVG interview they go into details.

Rockstar's intent is to continuing adding to the GTA Online. This includes adding more cities later down the road.

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Zinthaniel @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 18:49)
QUOTE (The-end @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 18:45)

Well again GTA online is not a simple add on feature to GTAV it's intent is to become a fully established mmo. Watch the CVG interview they go into details.

Rockstar's intent is to continuing adding to the GTA Online. This includes adding more cities later down the road.

Don't get me wrong, i agree with you and have read the CVG interview. I fully understand where they are heading with GTAO, my point however is i don't see 700 missions been truly unique.

Not a complaint however, i've sat for many hours on the likes of COD and it's always entertaining. So the idea of them updating the service periodically is very appealing.

Who knows, perhaps we will visit a run down vice city where the economy has crashed and the land is run by gangsters and thugs. Plenty of possibilities! lol.gif

GutsAndGlory
  • GutsAndGlory

The Don

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

this is the worse translation possible... its unreadable unless your a kindergartener

Aizcold
  • Aizcold

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:24 PM

That's google translate for you... Still wouldn't have been possible 20 years ago, so have to be happy for it to even exist i guess.

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Schafter V12 Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

.....dreams locked in a disc

Exactly that. Speechless....

drahc88
  • drahc88

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

this is a totally new game mechanic, like an online role playing. i just hope they fix the character controls.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (drahc88 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 16:05)
this is a totally new game mechanic, like an online role playing. i just hope they fix the character controls.

What's wrong with the controls?

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 20:40)
QUOTE (drahc88 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 16:05)

What's wrong with the controls?

Nothing. But Rockstar can't please everyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users