Photo

Have a Question about GTA V Online?

31 replies to this topic
GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS
  • GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS

$High Roller$

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

If you have a question about GTAV online and need some clarification then post it here.

All questions submitted will be answered with proof where we can, and for questions where we can not provide facts, they will be answered as honestly as we can.

Fire Away!

ChokingChild
  • ChokingChild

No Time To Breathe

• D1RTY12

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

I read in the Spanish preview from 3DJuegos.com, that GTA ONLINE will feature Dedicated Servers.

Is it 100% confirmed? Do any of the other previews mention Dedicated Servers?

Hopefully the Spanish web isn't making that up or misunderstood Rockstar.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

Does anybody know if free mode will still have the option to turn off cops? Every scene in the online gameplay had cops, and GTA IV free mode was where I went when I didn't want to deal with cops. confused.gif

A no cops cheat in single player would suffice though. smile.gif

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

How do you do heist missions and such without a crew?(solo).
Is it working like sp,that the a.i helps you or what?

I asked this multiple time with no convinced answer.

Kenobijuan
  • Kenobijuan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

Hey all, new to the forums but a long time GTA fan, including GTA IV multiplayer.

They new 3DJ interview did mention a bit about controlling police, traffic density, weather etc. How is this going to work, if not all players chose to participate in a race or deathmatch or other game modes? For example, you are in the world with 16 players total. You and 3 friends decide to take part in some activity where the creator has decided it should be raining, low traffic or other options. How is this going to affect the other 12 players who are possibly doing something else where the options may be different or interfere with the other 4 players' options?

From what I have deduced (not necessarily accurately), online is not going to be host style where one person is in full control of what others are doing or experiencing unless they choose. What kind of solutions do you think R* has made to avoid complications such as this. They seem to want to make any transitions as seamless as possible, so I wouldn't think you would constantly be swapping which players are in your world, since there are so many possible factors that could be changing.

I have read just almost every interview I can find, and like anybody my mind is trying to put it all together. Perhaps somebody might have some thoughts or can point to some evidence for an answer to this....

Kenobijuan
  • Kenobijuan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 22:29)

If you look at the CVG/Gamespot interviews and GTAO demo previews, there do make mention that if you are doing a mission and find it is too difficult for you or you don't have enough manpower, you can hire the private security firms and other backup npcs to help you. My assumption was that you may have to have this "special ability" unlocked by your rep. points (i.e. how far you have progressed in online and the characters you have met). And obviously you'll need the money to do it.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Kenobijuan @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 22:53)
QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 22:29)

If you look at the CVG/Gamespot interviews and GTAO demo previews, there do make mention that if you are doing a mission and find it is too difficult for you or you don't have enough manpower, you can hire the private security firms and other backup npcs to help you. My assumption was that you may have to have this "special ability" unlocked by your rep. points (i.e. how far you have progressed in online and the characters you have met). And obviously you'll need the money to do it.

Ah. Thnx for the help. Somehow i missed that in the previews.

carisstr
  • carisstr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:09 AM

Since servers are being run from 'Cloud' does this mean people can interact with players across both xbox and PS3?

GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS
  • GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS

$High Roller$

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (ChokingChild @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 22:18)
I read in the Spanish preview from 3DJuegos.com, that GTA ONLINE will feature Dedicated Servers.

Is it 100% confirmed? Do any of the other previews mention Dedicated Servers?

Hopefully the Spanish web isn't making that up or misunderstood Rockstar.

Its not 100% confirmed yet (or atleast i cant find anything from rockstar confirming it) - but is highly likely due to the sheer scale of GTA online

GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS
  • GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS

$High Roller$

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE (carisstr @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 03:09)
Since servers are being run from 'Cloud' does this mean people can interact with players across both xbox and PS3?

no is the short answer - as both console are in competition with eachother they would never allow this to happen. both companies want the consumer to buy their product, therefore it would not be beneficial to either to allow cross platform gaming.

GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS
  • GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS

$High Roller$

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 22:24)
Does anybody know if free mode will still have the option to turn off cops? Every scene in the online gameplay had cops, and GTA IV free mode was where I went when I didn't want to deal with cops. confused.gif

A no cops cheat in single player would suffice though. smile.gif

still no confirmation on turning off the police, an educated guess would be that you cant.

R* wont realism and consequences - based on previous GTA's a police cheat would be the most likely (lowering wanted levels etc)

Hope this helps

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

How the hell can it have 700 missions? Are they seriously all going to be unique and different or will there be 1 heist, 1 gang war and 698 "Drive him there and kill him"

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 09:28)
How the hell can it have 700 missions? Are they seriously all going to be unique and different or will there be 1 heist, 1 gang war and 698 "Drive him there and kill him"

Yes i wanna know too. I think there will be a lot missions of the same kind.

GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS
  • GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS

$High Roller$

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 09:40)
QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 09:28)

Yes i wanna know too. I think there will be a lot missions of the same kind.

Im currently looking into finding an answer for this. Honestly this is something i want to know myself.

700 missions is mind blowing - and 500 of those are available upon release

As soon as i find something out i will let you guys know.

TheNando
  • TheNando

poophead

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

Will the lack of a headset limit the things I can do in GTA Online?

defizzle
  • defizzle

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (TheNando @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 11:13)

Just roleplay Claude Speed tounge.gif

TheNando
  • TheNando

poophead

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (defizzle @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 11:28)

That was very helpful. Thanks a lot.

GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS
  • GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS

$High Roller$

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (TheNando @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 18:56)

I would definetly recommend getting a headset. You can get some decent ones for cheap.

All mulitplayer games are limited in some way or another without one.

Also from interviews as of late, weve been informed that charachters will react to how loud and angry you get in certain situations.

So yes. Is the short answe - but i couldnt say how much it will limit

SwitchBladeJones
  • SwitchBladeJones

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 20:00)
QUOTE (TheNando @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 18:56)

I would definetly recommend getting a headset. You can get some decent ones for cheap.

All mulitplayer games are limited in some way or another without one.

Also from interviews as of late, weve been informed that charachters will react to how loud and angry you get in certain situations.

So yes. Is the short answe - but i couldnt say how much it will limit

I agree. Being able to communicate to other players online will dramatically increase your ability to work within a crew affectively. What if you're in a heist and another player says "We'll hold them down here, TheNando, go get the getaway car NOW!" and you just stand there because you can't talk or here anything? People won't want to play with you as much in those situations. Races, Free Roam and Deathmatch you would be fine without it mostly. Except for the times people are trying to meet others to join a crew or work on a heist.

The downside to having a headset is most of what you hear is abnoxious noise.

In my opinion, the addition of speaking in the mic loudly that results in startling peds or making them work faster will not have a major role in the game. It's a cool feature, but will mostly just be an afterthought I think.

Just get a headset icon14.gif

ChrisCryptic
  • ChrisCryptic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

There has been a lot of talk about GTA:O moving onto next gen etc etc

Has there been any word on whether it will be a continual process (ie our characters will roll on over with us), and if so, do you think this data will be contained on the Social Club and allow, for example, an X360 created GTA:O character to be picked up on PS4?

carisstr
  • carisstr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 08:13)

no is the short answer - as both console are in competition with eachother they would never allow this to happen. both companies want the consumer to buy their product, therefore it would not be beneficial to either to allow cross platform gaming.

Thanks Kratos. I assumed as much, but had my fingers crossed that by some miracle I would be able to play with my friends haha!

Might have to buy a PS3 cry.gif

GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS
  • GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS

$High Roller$

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (carisstr @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 02:55)
QUOTE (GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 08:13)

Thanks Kratos. I assumed as much, but had my fingers crossed that by some miracle I would be able to play with my friends haha!

Might have to buy a PS3 cry.gif

No problem smile.gif

I feel your pain, alot of my friends have an xbox whilst i own a ps3.

We can always hope that one day cross platform gaming will exist, although i very much doubt it lol.

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Do we need to invite every member of our crew to our friends list? Or is it possible to see the online status of our crew buddies/find parties with our crew buddies without having them in the list?

forsakenmike3000
  • forsakenmike3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

Is there any at all posibility for a lan game? I understand if it isnt going to count for anything for rep or whatever because it wouldnt be updating the cloud. Even if it was essentially just single player with a buddy im all set. I just dont want to be online consistently just to fool; around with my brothers character in the next room over.

but with this , i doubt LAN is going to be possible. i see where they are trying to go with ONLINE but it is a feature they should consider. even if it just cache what you did on lan and updated the cloud on next connection. I know they want to make it an mmo in essence so my better judgement says LAN will never be a feature.

forsakenmike3000
  • forsakenmike3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

Nobody knows?

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

has there been any confirmation, about busniesses for sale, in GTAO, i know you can have an apartment obviously, but dos nyone know, if you can buy busniesses?

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

What's wrong with the current Have a Question thread?

RansomHostage
  • RansomHostage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

I asked this in another thread but perhaps someone here might know something new.

I want to make Machinima with GTA Online, so I'm hoping there will be a free-roam camera available, whether it be in live play (unlikely I suppose) or in a cinema playback of some kind. Does anyone know if this will be implemented, or of any clever ways to work around this if not? Cheers.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (RansomHostage @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 18:23)
I asked this in another thread but perhaps someone here might know something new.

I want to make Machinima with GTA Online, so I'm hoping there will be a free-roam camera available, whether it be in live play (unlikely I suppose) or in a cinema playback of some kind. Does anyone know if this will be implemented, or of any clever ways to work around this if not? Cheers.

In an interview it was said that you can't record videos, so I doubt there'll be a free roam camera. If you want to make machinimas you can wait for the PC release.

ActionBronson
  • ActionBronson

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I'm curious if you can have private games, just with friends and such. I think I already saw this in a preview somewhere, but I'm not 100% certain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users