Quantcast

» «
Photo

"you won't be terrorised by fighter jets when...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
695 replies to this topic
GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:44 AM Edited by GlitzyTomb, 09 September 2013 - 06:47 AM.

The thing that I just can't understand (I already realize that OP and a selected others are anti-social - that much is understood) is how can someone tell others, apparently in a serious tone, that GTA isn't about all the stuff in it besides rampaging if ROCKSTAR THEMSELVES ADDED SUCH OPTIONS IN THE GAME. Surely OP would have a point IF such features weren't in the game and we were insisting on doing something that isn't really part of the gameplay. But Rockstar themselves worked hard to deliver all these features and more: they worked hard for such features to work properly and be fun. You know, OFFER FUN OPTIONS/ACTIVITIES TO THE PLAYER.

Even more: they, who made the game, are stepping forward to clearly point out when someone is a "bad sport" and is ruining gaming for others. Rockstar themselves, NOT US. And still we don't have a point and we should look for gaming elsewhere? Oh c'mon, this must be a joke. 

The reasoning behind R*'s implementation of this sh*t, is down to the vast influx of noob kids complaining about being cut down in a GTA game. R* are going to cater towards the unfortunate infestation of cry-babies in order to maximise profit. This is why I genuinely believe the future of GTA Online is on a down course regarding rampaging fun, and car-jacking originality.

It's great to see they've created a 'Passive Mode' to satisfy these types, but what about those of us who want to play in the more traditional manner?

Pretty much this exact thing happened to the grandfather of all MMO's, Ultima Online. Originally it was a game where any player could be killed and dry looted in almost any area of the game. This provided an extremely exciting and dangerous feeling world. It also built a fantastic community, as players were forced to band together for their own protection, well being, and prosperity. On the flip side, the players who relished in killing others did so knowing that they would be actively pursued. Eventually the game succumbed to the loud voices of a few, and instituted a "passive" world, which ruined the "feel", unbalanced the economy, and divided the playerbase. It was all around a terrible move.

Obviously you cant compare a fifteen year old mmorpg with a 16 player action-adventure online game, even though both sides of the argument are identical to what they were then. I in no way think that passive mode on GTA will have anywhere near the same impact as it did in UO. Just seeing this exact discussion again after over ten years is pretty cool.

You make a good point.

Dark Souls kinda sorta had something like that in it.  It's a hard game, and as you are trying to push your way through the game you can at any time be "invaded" by another player.

That meant that if I feel like it, especially early on, I can stay at a low level but push through the entire game and up with a few high powered weapons, armor, and rings....and then go back to that first area and "invade" a bunch of new players.

You can "grief" the hell out of people and unless they happen to be incredibly good they can't do much of anything back.

That is kind of ultimately the problem that GTAV is hoping to avoid by allowing me to add "Bad Sport" points to the OP when he kills me again and again for no apparent reason.

Someone else said that you shouldn't be able to make or store any money in "Passive" mode...

I think it would be better if it were simply essentially a second save.

That is I might be Level 50 having "Prestiged" 3 times in "Passive Mode" but only be level 13 having never "Prestiged" in Regular mode.  That way I can still access all the good fun stuff...but if I want to run around with the people who had to worry about being attacked as they built their empire I too will have to build my empire under such conditions.

Finally,

OP started out being annoyed that he couldn't wipe out people while they were playing tennis.  That's just griefing.  That's not being competitive, it's not having fun, it's griefing.  If you get the majority of your enjoyment from a game by preventing others from enjoying it, you're a griefer.

You're also likely either a child or a very childish adult.

Also, activities like tennis not being able to be interrupted by a dbag in an Annhiliator is likely not something that can be easily changed.  You're probably going to have to come to terms with not being able to kill people while they're trying to enjoy a game of tennis.

You'll have to settle for buzzing around the airports trying to stop anyone from getting in an aircraft to take you out.

I'll see you there.

GTAV DEV6
  • GTAV DEV6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

As much as I hear about passive mode, and what people think it is, the more I get worries. Passive mode should allow you to do passive (things that don't involve making money) stuff without being interrupted, but you should never be able to make/deposit money in passive mode imo. Imo, the ideal way to handle passive mode it to create passive rooms which have all heists and missions diabled or money acquisition disabled all together, or nerfed heavily in terms of rewards.

If you want  to make money, you should be forced to play in anything goes rooms. If this isn't the case then passive rooms or missions done on passive mode should yield a fraction of the money. It would be ridiculous for care-bear players to just be able to sit in passive all day and make as much money as somebody playing in a more dangerous environment. 

No one is forcing you to play in passive mode or "dangerous mode".

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

These angry reactions are what make it even funnier lol.

C'mon guys, lighten up, it's GTA, not the Mickey Mouse Club. R* wouldn't have put the Buzzards in the game if they didn't want us to use them.

And like I said, this thread is for pilots.

sorry but you're not a pilot. shooting at peoples car is easy and not a challenge.

Came to say this. 

And of course "I USE THE BUZZARD.". 

Good pilots don't use buzzard. Not like I'd know, but still. 

madkiller27
  • madkiller27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

your an fag i hope u dont play gta5

• douggoud likes this

douggoud
  • douggoud

Peacemaker

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

Why are we all bothering to reply to him anymore? It's obvious that he's ignoring any sensible thing we say to him. I'm not going to give him the time of day anymore, because, at the end of the day, his ass is gonna be stuck in the "bad sport" lobby and we won't have to deal with this dumbass anymore. :^:

• DrAnomalous likes this

Rockteur
  • Rockteur

The BIG one!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

So, as Leslie Benzies said in his recent interview..."I should mention that, when you play those sports games, you won't be terrorised by jet fighters when you play tennis".

Is anyone else disappointed with this?

One of the main reasons I loved playing TBoGT online, was stealing the Buzzard and annoying the sh*t out of everyone by spamming them with rockets and blowing up their cars lol. It gave me so much fun and re-play value.

I was so looking forward to finding a group of friends having a nice quiet round of golf, and completely obliterating them with my Hydra, rinsing, and repeating. But now it seems we can't do that.

What are your thoughts?

This thread is for pilots.

I love you.

Shadow_Belt
  • Shadow_Belt

Silence is golden

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

I hate playes like you OP... Do you know why they made that? To prevent players like you from annoying others -_- If you want to terrorise people then stick with modders in IV or else come on V.. I would love to see your Bad Sport stats :)

05-BROCKY-05
  • 05-BROCKY-05

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

You can still attack anyone but you'll be forced into games where the people you play with are just like you, so while your over shooting randoms and are trying to cruise around having fun some other idiot will chase you with a chopper and blow you up, enjoy.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

You can still attack anyone but you'll be forced into games where the people you play with are just like you, so while your over shooting randoms and are trying to cruise around having fun some other idiot will chase you with a chopper and blow you up, enjoy.

There is still no explanation of the modes. To say it drags you and segregates you to another lobby with a certain amount of people is just down right retarded with no sources.

People deserve to play the way they want. That's what free roam is. The stat only explains that you should stay away from this guy. (CVG preview.)

Honestly if you want to have hydras I can see them allowing you to have as many air vehicals as you do cars in whatever garage how many holds.

But can you honestly see someone being able to buy 15 hydras and have them all insured so when you lose them they get them all back ... It would cost at least 2 months of bank robbing.

Miilan2010
  • Miilan2010

CE Owner as of 17th Sept.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

People hate people like you, and this is why bad sport ratings have been introduced.
  • Shadow_Belt likes this

AndreyK
  • AndreyK

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

The thing that I just can't understand (I already realize that OP and a selected others are anti-social - that much is understood) is how can someone tell others, apparently in a serious tone, that GTA isn't about all the stuff in it besides rampaging if ROCKSTAR THEMSELVES ADDED SUCH OPTIONS IN THE GAME. Surely OP would have a point IF such features weren't in the game and we were insisting on doing something that isn't really part of the gameplay. But Rockstar themselves worked hard to deliver all these features and more: they worked hard for such features to work properly and be fun. You know, OFFER FUN OPTIONS/ACTIVITIES TO THE PLAYER.

Even more: they, who made the game, are stepping forward to clearly point out when someone is a "bad sport" and is ruining gaming for others. Rockstar themselves, NOT US. And still we don't have a point and we should look for gaming elsewhere? Oh c'mon, this must be a joke. 

The reasoning behind R*'s implementation of this sh*t, is down to the vast influx of noob kids complaining about being cut down in a GTA game. R* are going to cater towards the unfortunate infestation of cry-babies in order to maximise profit. This is why I genuinely believe the future of GTA Online is on a down course regarding rampaging fun, and car-jacking originality.

It's great to see they've created a 'Passive Mode' to satisfy these types, but what about those of us who want to play in the more traditional manner?

Pretty much this exact thing happened to the grandfather of all MMO's, Ultima Online. Originally it was a game where any player could be killed and dry looted in almost any area of the game. This provided an extremely exciting and dangerous feeling world. It also built a fantastic community, as players were forced to band together for their own protection, well being, and prosperity. On the flip side, the players who relished in killing others did so knowing that they would be actively pursued. Eventually the game succumbed to the loud voices of a few, and instituted a "passive" world, which ruined the "feel", unbalanced the economy, and divided the playerbase. It was all around a terrible move.

Obviously you cant compare a fifteen year old mmorpg with a 16 player action-adventure online game, even though both sides of the argument are identical to what they were then. I in no way think that passive mode on GTA will have anywhere near the same impact as it did in UO. Just seeing this exact discussion again after over ten years is pretty cool.

Completely different, when you are defenseless and are trying to play golf, it doesn't give a sense of excitement or danger randomly being killed, it just pisses off. The reason R* implemented this is because everyone is sick of griefers. OP is dick and should die from GTA.

staticguy
  • staticguy

Street Cat

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

sh*t thread by a sh*tty OP :miranda:

• DrAnomalous likes this

kilo73
  • kilo73

Sorry For the Bodies

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

Wow. This this thread has made me learn that a lot of people on this forum are whiney bitches that have zero idea how to properly handle a griefer. I mean, its sort of a mini game in itself. they attack you, you attack them back relentlessly and get your friends to help until they finally back off.

or you could just be a bitch and hope that rockstar makes it technically impossible for you to be attacked when your not ready. but thats not going to happen, because there is no system like that. theres a Reputation system that will give players the incentive not to be an asshole.

http://www.computera...-on-gta-online/

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

Try do that and you probably will be punished by R*. Don't be an asshole fa**ot.

AusyAndy
  • AusyAndy

♂+♂ ~Live~to~Ride~ ♂+♂

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

^ People like them shouldn't be assholes. And just the same, people like you shouldn't be such homophobes...

BUT anyway, do the people that get a kick out of disrupting peoples' enjoyment of the game think they'll be able to simply log in when GTA: Online launches and then just start flying around in a Buzzard killing everyone they see? Lol! Good luck! Just to acquire such a vehicle might be pretty damn difficult, and require TEAMWORK and a bit of time to pull off heists and make a lot of money, etc. And the very miserable people that seek to waste their own time to 'grief' other players with a jet or helicopter probably have absolutely nobody to help them, have no chance on their own and can't hold their own against other players in a fair fight until getting the advantage of a gunship, so good luck to them getting their hands on an armed aircraft.If  It's as simple as running to the local military base and stealing one, they certainly won't be the only ones in the air, and they'll most likely end up getting shot out af the sky a lot more than they expect to anyway...

BeardedxMic
  • BeardedxMic

The Bearded Bastich.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:40 PM Edited by BeardedxMic, 09 September 2013 - 12:43 PM.

That's awesome actually. It means I won't have to just slink away to private free roam when my friends aren't on to avoid getting destroyed over and over by the same annoying Untc. Sometimes people want to be in a game with others, and not have their entire game spoiled by some busy body with an rpg/chopper.

I also want to add in that if this game is like RDR, and there's a Friendly Free roam, where you can hang out with randoms but not do damage to each other, then that's probably where I'll be for the most part. As it's incredibly fun to play an open world game where you can watch what others are doing as you're doing something, but it's drained of every bit of that fun the second someone like the TC shows up.

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:02 PM Edited by LaDispute, 09 September 2013 - 03:09 PM.

QUOTE (FEDE_snma_ITA @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 22:02) It kinda reduce the randomness of free roam, one of the marks of MP in IV.
I am not going to lie, sometimes i annoy people with aircraft too, and when someone does this to me i either take the challenge and try to shoot them down and hide or i just laugh at my silly desperate deaths.
Also, this is GTA, if you want to play peacefully just join a match without player damage and do what do you want.
I really see this change as unnecessary, just image how silly and epic would be to fight waves of attackers on a golf camp and then just keep playing after the huge mayhem?
Couldn't have said it better myself. icon14.gif

These whiners and complainers who want GTA to be some harmless, man-love, sewing circle, are going to turn GTA from a crazy, carnage-causing title into The Sims with cars.

There is a difference to having carnage fun on free roam and killing each other and Griefing which is a form of online harrasment not fun at all, killing people over and over where they can't move is what we are all trying to get into your head is f*cked up, being able to get away and fight back is what I'm sure many are trying to say.

Either way I fight back full force towards griefers online and it is very satisfying for them to taste their own medicine.

So it probably won't effect me, this is the online world after all xD, it's just that harassing and irritating players is wrong.  

griefing  

Web definitions
A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game that purposely irritates and harasses other players..

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

What's wrong with Napalm'ing fools playing tennis in a GTA game?

BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

Lmao i like you.. i'd probably do the same.

CaptainBabyGravy
  • CaptainBabyGravy

I'll kill you, right in the face.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

I hope Rockstar have put in some anti-aircraft weaponry for ground players so asshats like you can't spam everyone with rockets. I hate these kind of players as much as them players who sit round corners shooting you with the RPG. I want an adrenaline fueled gun fight and car chase with players, and the occasional chase where I must out run a player in a aircraft, but if people are just going to spam rockets on people all the time, that sh*t will get boring like it did in GTA IV as you have to camp the heli spots just to stop them ruining everyone elses fun.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

I'm going to re-post the following for all of the selfish, peace-loving hippy's who don't want anyone else to play the game the way THEY want to:

There should be 3 types of Free Mode:

-Passive Mode: a server where killing each other is completely forbidden 

-Moderate Mode: a server where killing each other is permitted, however, there are still rules for what you can and can't do

-Hardcore Mode: a server where anything goes, you can do whatever you want without repercussions (like this 'bad sport' crap) - similar to IV's Free Mode

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

I'm going to re-post the following for all of the selfish, peace-loving hippy's who don't want anyone else to play the game the way THEY want to:

-Moderate Mode: a server where killing each other is permitted, however, there are still rules for what you can and can't do

-Hardcore Mode: a server where anything goes, you can do whatever you want without repercussions (like this 'bad sport' crap) - similar to IV's Free Mode

Change the f*cking record son. All this hippy sh*t is getting boring.

Look, you can do what you want, end of. If you want play like a bellend, feel free. You'll have plenty of fellow asshats to go helicopter griefing with. Point is, you'll all be in helicopters, it'll soon get boring.

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

And why hasn't this thread been closed?!? Argument has been done to death now.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

Change the f*cking record son. All this hippy sh*t is getting boring.

Look, you can do what you want, end of. If you want play like a bellend, feel free. You'll have plenty of fellow asshats to go helicopter griefing with. Point is, you'll all be in helicopters, it'll soon get boring.

Did you even bother to read my post? Probably not.....

I'm not talking about having a pool that people get thrown in for this "bad points" bullsh*t.

I'm talking about having a SEPARATE mode that ANYBODY can join to do WHATEVER THEY WANT.

But no, you're too stubborn and selfish for that......

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

I've read all your posts unfortunately. The 'pool' is essentially this separate mode where you can do whatever you want though, what don't you get about that? Even better, you'll be doing it with others who want to do the same, you're just pitted against each other. That gives you what you want, no?

Your original post was that you wanted to ruin the games of people who want to play a game of online golf, "rinse & repeat". Surprisingly, there are people who don't want to be attacked then. Rockstar have said, if there's people who want to ruin it for others, they will be put in with fellow like-minded players.

Besides, this is all meaningless, aren't they going to be doing deathmatch & loads of other [customisable] gamemodes anyway?? You'll still be able to do everything you want to, but we won't know for sure until it's launched in October.

PS: Selfish and stubborn?!? Think you need to know what those words mean before using them, they make no sense whatsoever in the context of what i said...

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

How in the hell has this thread made it to 23 pages ??

Anyways if your pety enough to wana ruin someone elses experience, with the goal of "just getting your kicks", than you are simply one mentally fractured and handicapped individual. Seek help.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:10 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 09 September 2013 - 05:10 PM.

@GSFOldSwitcheroo

I'm not sure whether you're trolling, or just that stupid...

Having a room where people are thrown in for bad points and "pitted" together, is NOT a mode that ANYBODY can join, is it.

What if somebody has a good rep, but decides he wants to have a bit of traditional rampaging fun, but can't, because he needs to get a "bad rep" to get thrown in that mode.

You just want a bad rating mode for people to cause chaos, and that sir, is why you are selfish.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Reading some of the comments in here makes me happy that I'm not the only one who hates people like the OP. These 'tards go out of their way to irritate you and whoever you're playing with just because they personally have nothing better to do but spend their pathetic days irritating everyone. They're the definition of 'trolls.' Nobody likes trolls. Even trolls hate trolls.

I hope GTA Online does include a feature where a player with an excessive amount of Bad Sport stats gets booted from the Free Roam and placed in a different Free Roam full of a$$holes just like him.

Players like the OP were the reason why I gave up on GTA IV online. It was just irritating playing online, even in a death match, where other users wouldn't actually play but would just mess around, wasting everyone else's time.

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

@GSFOldSwitcheroo

I'm not sure whether you're trolling, or just that stupid...

Having a room where people are thrown in for bad points and "pitted" together, is NOT a mode that ANYBODY can join, is it.

What if somebody has a good rep, but decides he wants to have a bit of traditional rampaging fun, but can't, because he needs to get a "bad rep" to get thrown in that mode.

You just want a bad rating mode for people to cause chaos, and that sir, is why you are selfish.

Not selfish whatsoever, we both get what we want as i get to play a game the way i enjoy it, you get to play it the way you want. I don't want people to be penalised for it. Where have i ever said that?!? I haven't. I just don't want to play with griefers, which is fair.

And again, your choice of words astounds. I am neither trolling or stupid.

NickStone
  • NickStone

My member doesn't have a title.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

annoying the sh*t out of everyone by spamming them with rockets and blowing up their cars lol. It gave me so much fun and re-play value.

This thread is for pilots.

I think even the "pilots" would agree, it's fine to have fun, but why ruin the fun of others? I hated having the Buzzard in MP. It created an unleveled playing field for people who were there for more 'passive' reasons. At least find people who want to have a sparring match with a Buzzard.

Though I've gotta say, I've put more than my fair share of people like you in their place, with Sticky Bombs. :)

I don't "hate" anyone for doing this, unlike some other responses to this thread. Sometimes we mature adults have to remember that we're playing a game with kids.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users