Quantcast

» «
Photo

"you won't be terrorised by fighter jets when...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
695 replies to this topic
WildTurkeyMcGee
  • WildTurkeyMcGee

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:31 PM Edited by WildTurkeyMcGee, 08 September 2013 - 10:33 PM.

As much as I hear about passive mode, and what people think it is, the more I get worries. Passive mode should allow you to do passive (things that don't involve making money) stuff without being interrupted, but you should never be able to make/deposit money in passive mode imo. Imo, the ideal way to handle passive mode it to create passive rooms which have all heists and missions diabled or money acquisition disabled all together, or nerfed heavily in terms of rewards.

If you want  to make money, you should be forced to play in anything goes rooms. If this isn't the case then passive rooms or missions done on passive mode should yield a fraction of the money. It would be ridiculous for care-bear players to just be able to sit in passive all day and make as much money as somebody playing in a more dangerous environment. 

• Outplug likes this

flyboy7
  • flyboy7

Girly boy

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

Weapons and vehicles will be rendered ineffective inside tennis courts while a game is active. For example, Rockets won't explode. Vehicles that enter the area will be unspawned.

ILOVELOUDPACKS
  • ILOVELOUDPACKS

I'm your pusher

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

These angry reactions are what make it even funnier lol.

C'mon guys, lighten up, it's GTA, not the Mickey Mouse Club. R* wouldn't have put the Buzzards in the game if they didn't want us to use them.

And like I said, this thread is for pilots.

sorry but you're not a pilot. shooting at peoples car is easy and not a challenge.

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:35 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 08 September 2013 - 10:36 PM.

The thing that I just can't understand (I already realize that OP and a selected others are anti-social - that much is understood) is how can someone tell others, apparently in a serious tone, that GTA isn't about all the stuff in it besides rampaging if ROCKSTAR THEMSELVES ADDED SUCH OPTIONS IN THE GAME. Surely OP would have a point IF such features weren't in the game and we were insisting on doing something that isn't really part of the gameplay. But Rockstar themselves worked hard to deliver all these features and more: they worked hard for such features to work properly and be fun. You know, OFFER FUN OPTIONS/ACTIVITIES TO THE PLAYER.

Even more: they, who made the game, are stepping forward to clearly point out when someone is a "bad sport" and is ruining gaming for others. Rockstar themselves, NOT US. And still we don't have a point and we should look for gaming elsewhere? Oh c'mon, this must be a joke. 

• SkyMiteFall likes this

SkyMiteFall
  • SkyMiteFall

You a Busta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

As much as I hear about passive mode, and what people think it is, the more I get worries. Passive mode should allow you to do passive (things that don't involve making money) stuff without being interrupted, but you should never be able to make/deposit money in passive mode imo. Imo, the ideal way to handle passive mode it to create passive rooms which have all heists, races, missions or money acquisition disabled all together, or nerfed heavily in terms of rewards.

If you want  to make money, you should be forced to play in anything goes rooms. If this isn't the case then passive rooms or missions done on passive mode should yield a fraction of the money. It would be ridiculous for care-bear players to just be able to sit in passive all day and make as much money as somebody playing in a more dangerous environment. 

Here's the thing tho: I don't think any of us care if we get killed by random people while we're doing missions or robberies or nothing like that..I feel like once you get in a group and get ready to rob a place then it's a-okay for anyone else to come and then rob your ass right back lol

See the problem is, people like the OP; he (and other people like him) don't care what you're doing. You could even be away for half an hour, and he just wants to do nothing but kill you and everyone else until it gets frustrating and you leave. The solution to that is not playing passive mode, the solution is reporting him or whatever it is and letting him play with other people like himself...the problem is, he has a problem with that...too bad.

SkyMiteFall
  • SkyMiteFall

You a Busta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

The thing that I just can't understand (I already realize that OP and a selected others are anti-social - that much is understood) is how can someone tell others, apparently in a serious tone, that GTA isn't about all the stuff in it besides rampaging if ROCKSTAR THEMSELVES ADDED SUCH OPTIONS IN THE GAME. Surely OP would have a point IF such features weren't in the game and we were insisting on doing something that isn't really part of the gameplay. But Rockstar themselves worked hard to deliver all these features and more: they worked hard for such features to work properly and be fun. You know, OFFER FUN OPTIONS/ACTIVITIES TO THE PLAYER.

Even more: they, who made the game, are stepping forward to clearly point out when someone is a "bad sport" and is ruining gaming for others. Rockstar themselves, NOT US. And still we don't have a point and we should look for gaming elsewhere? Oh c'mon, this must be a joke. 

You always just add on to exactly what I'm trying to say lol

• williamcampbell likes this

flyboy7
  • flyboy7

Girly boy

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

Weapons and vehicles will be rendered ineffective inside tennis courts while a game is active. For example, Rockets won't explode. Vehicles that enter the area will be unspawned.

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:39 PM Edited by williamcampbell, 08 September 2013 - 10:39 PM.

Definitely, being killed and living in a "dangerous environment" IS part of the game. 

TROLLING isn't - and Rockstar themselves agree, taking into consideration some things they are implementing.
PS.: SkyMite, same here. lol 

KingPhiL13
  • KingPhiL13

KING

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:41 PM Edited by KingPhiL13, 08 September 2013 - 10:42 PM.

C'mon guys, lighten up, it's GTA, not the Mickey Mouse Club. R* wouldn't have put the Buzzards in the game if they didn't want us to use them.

Its called respect. People should be able to play the game the way they want to play it, and not be annoyed by losers like you who are only online to bother people and ruin the fun. Why would ruining someone's fun playing a mini game make you feel good?

Xx_ii LMAO ii_xX
  • Xx_ii LMAO ii_xX

Vicious Tactician

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

I luv to do that, too. It's funny when people get butt hurt when they're blown up.

I also do think that people shouldn't be terrorized while playing a mini-game.

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

You're retarded. You're not supposed to have fighter jets when you freaking play sports! Moron! *Napoleon Dynamite Voice*

Xx_ii LMAO ii_xX
  • Xx_ii LMAO ii_xX

Vicious Tactician

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Its called respect. People should be able to play the game they want to play it, and not be annoyed by losers like you who are only online to bother people

It's not respectful to call another person a loser.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

The reasoning behind R*'s implementation of this sh*t, is down to the vast influx of noob kids complaining about being cut down in a GTA game. R* are going to cater towards the unfortunate infestation of cry-babies in order to maximise profit. This is why I genuinely believe the future of GTA Online is on a down course regarding rampaging fun, and car-jacking originality.

It's great to see they've created a 'Passive Mode' to satisfy these types, but what about those of us who want to play in the more traditional manner?

GTAfan4life12
  • GTAfan4life12

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:00 PM Edited by GTAfan4life12, 08 September 2013 - 11:11 PM.

I hope plenty of other ways to grief will exist in the game. I want to use a sniper to shoot other people who driving with a gang or robbing a bank and doing activities. I remember in GTA 4 when in the race games I would find the bus and use it to block location that was impossible to pass like a bridge. Mess up the entire race.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:00 PM Edited by FR_Player-One, 08 September 2013 - 11:01 PM.

The reasoning behind R*'s implementation of this sh*t, is down to the vast influx of noob kids complaining about being cut down in a GTA game. R* are going to cater towards the unfortunate infestation of cry-babies in order to maximise profit. This is why I genuinely believe the future of GTA Online is on a down course regarding rampaging fun, and car-jacking originality.

It's great to see they've created a 'Passive Mode' to satisfy these types, but what about those of us who want to play in the more traditional manner?

Dude.. Stick to GTA IV multiplayer and STFU. Seriously.

• SkyMiteFall likes this

SkyMiteFall
  • SkyMiteFall

You a Busta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

Adding a ton of mini-games and extra features caters to "noob kids"? What does that even mean?

Adding extra features is adding hours of new content, which makes a game new...and keeps it new.

You're too worried about wanting to be a dickhead to care about anything other than being able to kill people in a helicopter. 

Go away.

makchamp
  • makchamp

Taxi Driver

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

This is actually a good thing. 

WildTurkeyMcGee
  • WildTurkeyMcGee

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

Pretty much this exact thing happened to the grandfather of all MMO's, Ultima Online. Originally it was a game where any player could be killed and dry looted in almost any area of the game. This provided an extremely exciting and dangerous feeling world. It also built a fantastic community, as players were forced to band together for their own protection, well being, and prosperity. On the flip side, the players who relished in killing others did so knowing that they would be actively pursued. Eventually the game succumbed to the loud voices of a few, and instituted a "passive" world, which ruined the "feel", unbalanced the economy, and divided the playerbase. It was all around a terrible move.

Obviously you cant compare a fifteen year old mmorpg with a 16 player action-adventure online game, even though both sides of the argument are identical to what they were then. I in no way think that passive mode on GTA will have anywhere near the same impact as it did in UO. Just seeing this exact discussion again after over ten years is pretty cool.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

^ very good comparison

What people need to understand is that when playing a game the way everything is surrounded by money.

IF you are able to buy a hydra or dangerous air vehical. And you insure it.

Do you honestly think it's gonna cost the same amount to buy and insure as 4 door sedan v6 engine?

Killing said pilot would hurt his pockets more then yours!!!!!!

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Pretty much this exact thing happened to the grandfather of all MMO's, Ultima Online. Originally it was a game where any player could be killed and dry looted in almost any area of the game. This provided an extremely exciting and dangerous feeling world. It also built a fantastic community, as players were forced to band together for their own protection, well being, and prosperity. On the flip side, the players who relished in killing others did so knowing that they would be actively pursued. Eventually the game succumbed to the loud voices of a few, and instituted a "passive" world, which ruined the "feel", unbalanced the economy, and divided the playerbase. It was all around a terrible move.

Obviously you cant compare a fifteen year old mmorpg with a 16 player action-adventure online game, even though both sides of the argument are identical to what they were then. I in no way think that passive mode on GTA will have anywhere near the same impact as it did in UO. Just seeing this exact discussion again after over ten years is pretty cool.

While I'm not familiar with the game you speak of, I sure as sh*t wish I could share your optimism that GTA will not follow suit to such a dramatic degree of revamp. I just struggle to understand why a game like GTA (of all games) should have a mode to accommodate players who wish to indulge in "clean" fun, can't have a mode to supplement the fun, chaotic gaming needs of those who want to wreck traditional havoc. 

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:42 AM Edited by ryuclan, 09 September 2013 - 12:44 AM.

While I'm not familiar with the game you speak of, I sure as sh*t wish I could share your optimism that GTA will not follow suit to such a dramatic degree of revamp. I just struggle to understand why a game like GTA (of all games) should have a mode to accommodate players who wish to indulge in "clean" fun, can't have a mode to supplement the fun, chaotic gaming needs of those who want to wreck traditional havoc. 

There is a mode. Just keep playing like you usually do. Nobody is stopping you. It seems like the issue you have is that some people can impair your attempts at trolling with passive mode. Do what the f*ck you want dude. Nobody is stopping you. Also R* are doing this because of how sh*tty GTAIV has become. That game has not lasted as long as it should have because of people who just want to be assholes for no reason. It has nothing to do with "noobs" or "kids" its about R* preserving this game (GTAO) that they want to be around a LONG time by implementing features that keep assholes from alienating regular players just for the sake of being assholes.

The problem is that when you give players unhindered freedom some players use that freedom to be dicks to other players thus possibly ruining gameplay for those who just want to play.

• SkyMiteFall likes this

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

It's people like you that make me hate playing online sometimes. Just becuse you are bored playing don't mean you should f*ck up the game for everyone else trying to have fun.

Stick to singleplayer pal.

This.

The Chief Of Essex
  • The Chief Of Essex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by The Chief Of Essex, 09 September 2013 - 01:51 AM.

The OP is missing the point... sure GTA previously had lots of crime and shootouts etc, but this GTA is different. Rockstar obviously are not fond of players like you because they have added the points system and also passive mode. The only reason IV was all about shooting,killing and wars was because quite frankly there was nothing else to do. On GTA 5, Rockstar have added various activities and missions. When Rockstar were developing the game, they probably realised that in order for missions online to work, they need to implement some kind of points system, otherwise in every game there would be people like you going out of there way to ruin peoples missions and experience. Also your suggestion that people should just play in passive mode is ridiculous! I'm pretty sure that most people who have posted in this thread have no problem with getting killed on GTA, its GTA! there has to be an element of crime in it. However, people don't want to be killed for no reason! If you want to kill somebody for their money or perhaps you want revenge because some guy mugged you off in a heist then that's fine in my book.

But from my understanding, all you want to do is fly around in your helicopter killing anybody in sight.... basically you will quite happily kill somebody even if that somebody doesn't deserve it. Trust me you will not get away with this on the new GTA, there will be crews ready to wipe you out. Also people will give you bad rep. Nobody is saying you can't kill people, but it seems like all you want to do is kill people just to piss them off. GTA has never been about killing people just to piss them off! this may not be relevant, but in previous GTA campaigns, the kill is always calculated. You would only kill somebody if they betrayed you or somebody you work for. So your idea that GTA is about relentless killing and crime is wrong.

As i said this GTA is different. The chief of Rockstar has already said that he doesn't like players like you, so you got to adapt to this new GTA or you should just stick with IV. If Rockstar really wanted this GTA to be all about killing, trolling and causing mass destruction, then why would they add all these new features like crews,activities,missions online etc? if they wanted mass destruction they would have just not added the rep system and kept it like IV. I really hope there is a mode just for people like you. I really don't wNt twats like you coming in to free roam thinking sh*t this is just an upgrade to GTA IV, lets kill and troll everyone. Mate its a different and completely new GTA! It seems like Rockstar have made a hybrid of GTA and Sims, so its not all about killing frenzies. I hope you finally get the point

tokeabowl
  • tokeabowl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

I really do hate players like you. I want to slap whoever's idea it was in Rockstar to put in a superfast attack helicopter that has unlimited EXPLOSIVE minigun ammo and rockets, it doesn't even need to reload... t lags the f*ck out of the game and it takes no f*ckin skill to get kills with it and you're a sh*t-head for bragging about using it to ruin other peoples game

Lemme guess... you have to use the heli because you cant aim with a gun and you get upset that other people can kill you so easily so you have to use the cheapest way possible get a kill just to make everyone else feel the grief  you do when you lose all the time.

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

you're not a pilot, you're just one of those annoying kids

mrSQUADKINGS
  • mrSQUADKINGS

--SQUAD-KINGS CLAN--

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:08 AM Edited by mrSQUADKINGS, 09 September 2013 - 05:11 AM.

I agree with OP. it should be allowed to bomb ppl playing tennis and golf. there should be possible to do ANYTHING YOU WANT in the gta world, from both devil and angel part!!! 

so if we bomb someone that playing tennis once, Then tennis fans should think twice before you go out to play tennis, you walk out there with thoughts: ''I might die today & i have to be prepered''  OR ''i dont wanna get bothered today so ill make a PRIVAT room and play tennis with friends only''
wallaah, free simple choises for both parts.

the fun diffrense between haveing a war in deathmatch & free mode. id say free mode war, no time limits, all weapons, whole map open, all cars,planes & boats avalible, and NO RULES. if you joine as a tennisplayer in a full map warzone, then be prepered, or simply make youre own privat lobby.

And about Passive mode.. im not 100% sure when you can or cant put that on/off.. but, you put it on and you cant be killed?? BS, how many will then be cheating in a war by putting on passive mode in the middle of a fight? thats also unfair play right?  

Point is, GTA V is an open world game where you could get killed at ANY time, same settings should still be the same in all rooms, dont wanna get killed? create lobbys for own specific things. whatever you want, like friendly room for people who wanna do sports, rooms for ppl who wanna drive around and do crazy random stuff, and rooms for ppl who wanna have a huge free mode war with no rules.. just explosive mayham!!
shouldnt be serten locked passive areas in any games.

And yes im a Pilot in  GTAIV since 2009, watch out!!!!! LOL

as said, free choise from both parts. Devil or Angel

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

I DONT LIKE PLAYERS LIKE YOU. YOU USE FREEDOM OF CHOICE IN A MODE WHERE FREE ROAMING IS NOT FREE.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

As much as I hear about passive mode, and what people think it is, the more I get worries. Passive mode should allow you to do passive (things that don't involve making money) stuff without being interrupted, but you should never be able to make/deposit money in passive mode imo. Imo, the ideal way to handle passive mode it to create passive rooms which have all heists and missions diabled or money acquisition disabled all together, or nerfed heavily in terms of rewards.

Even though I hate myself for saying this cause it goes against some of the things I don't like I agree.

Even though players WILL be harassed in regular Free mode it should be THE ONLY way to get money. Passive mode should just be a way to f*ck around the city and explore without people killing you. Why should you get the same amount of money as I do when I HAVE to watch my back when I robbed a place. 

If you don't like the idea of having to watch your back then join a clan. No fool that's good will face a crew by themselves but if you're alone you're a easy target. Man up or play Single Player. 

It's your choice, HAVE FUN
:D

• DeadZombie likes this

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

Even though I hate myself for saying this cause it goes against some of the things I don't like I agree.

Even though players WILL be harassed in regular Free mode it should be THE ONLY way to get money. Passive mode should just be a way to f*ck around the city and explore without people killing you. Why should you get the same amount of money as I do when I HAVE to watch my back when I robbed a place. 

If you don't like the idea of having to watch your back then join a clan. No fool that's good will face a crew by themselves but if you're alone you're a easy target. Man up or play Single Player. 

:D

i did not expect this out of all people but Redx.... Wow that should change the minds of all other people hating the op.

Hes right though. the thrill is the chance of draw when it comes. Chaos and Destruction are fine points of gtas past. sh*t they are even bringing back Rampage :/

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:40 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 09 September 2013 - 06:49 AM.

So, as Leslie Benzies said in his recent interview..."I should mention that, when you play those sports games, you won't be terrorised by jet fighters when you play tennis".

Is anyone else disappointed with this?

One of the main reasons I loved playing TBoGT online, was stealing the Buzzard and annoying the sh*t out of everyone by spamming them with rockets and blowing up their cars lol. It gave me so much fun and re-play value.

I was so looking forward to finding a group of friends having a nice quiet round of golf, and completely obliterating them with my Hydra, rinsing, and repeating. But now it seems we can't do that.

What are your thoughts?

This thread is for pilots.

Don`t stop at golf players. Go out in free roam and be a total asshole, so people can vote you, therefore you will get better chances of being matched with similar assholes. You can do it! I have faith in you, soldier! 

.   :D

INORITE? How about no money for anyone that is not doing it blindfolded, with one hand tied to its back and screaming "GTA5 on PC will rule!" ? How about no money for YOU, just `cos you got such a nice big mouth? 

Want to feel special? Grief everybody, get bad repped, get matched with griefers and you get to sleep feeling like a champ at night. But don`t ask everybody to share your idea of "how hard the game has to be". Want to make it hard? Do it for yourself... quietly, if possible. [EDIT]Otherwise you kinda just stink of "I want everybody to play the game how I want to", which is a bit selfish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users