Photo

Properties / Apartments question

6 replies to this topic
Sanderm1
  • Sanderm1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

If I buy an apartment in one server, then decide to play in another server, will the apartment I bought in the previous server STILL be owned by me? What do you guys think?

massis
  • massis

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

where did you get the idea you can choose servers and that they are separate entities?

You'll play GTA:O, and your online universe will always be the same one. It will change off course, because of other players and the ever evolving economy, but it will be the same universe. There's no such thing as "different servers" to select (naturally, there will be tens/hundreds of server machines in the background, but that doesn't affect you...)

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

Well, obviously with a cap of 16 players per session, there will be different "servers". However, the selection of which "servers" to play on is not made by you; it is made by the matchmaking system, where it will prioritize friends and crew members, then people of similar level, and so on and so fourth. And it will in no way effect your home; it'll be on every server, yet it is also the same location as another person's apartment. But I suspect when you enter the apartment, your character goes into a completely different state, and will not be accessible unless the person was invited up. It's difficult to put in words. It is either this or that in each building, there are sixteen total apartment spaces, and each space will be designated "P1, P2, P3... P16", and that even though the apartments will be in different locations, whatever you did with your apartment (e.g. what furniture, appliances, and electronic entertainment did you put in it) will carry over to whichever apartment space you enter, even if it is in a different location. I have no idea how it could really work, but what I know for sure is that it will have very little to do with which "server" you bought your apartment in.

Sanderm1
  • Sanderm1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:35 PM Edited by Sanderm1, 18 August 2013 - 04:38 PM.

QUOTE (massis @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 13:29)
where did you get the idea you can choose servers and that they are separate entities?

You'll play GTA:O, and your online universe will always be the same one. It will change off course, because of other players and the ever evolving economy, but it will be the same universe. There's no such thing as "different servers" to select (naturally, there will be tens/hundreds of server machines in the background, but that doesn't affect you...)

I don't think you understood what I meant. I'll try to explain it better

Let's say I decide to play free roam online, so I select my character from that wheel thing, after selecting online it will put me with 15 other players who also are free roaming. Now let's say I don't have an apartment yet so I decide to buy one with my money, now I own that apartment but let's say my friend wants me to follow him to HIS server/game so I decide to follow him but now I'm in a different server/game with another diferent 15 players, do I or do I not STILL own that same apartment? And if I do, what if someone else out of those 15 players ALSO own the SAME apartment as me, what happens then?

massis
  • massis

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

my explanation remains the same: different players may be added to your game (and you to theirs), but that's just a matter of visually enabling them.

Data-wise, you are all part of the same universe, so everything always remains as-is.
Somebody else can't own the EXACT same appartment, they own a different instance of that appartment. I'm quite confident that you won't be able to take the stairs and run through the door of your appartment, but that you'll have to enter an elevator and select which appartment to go to (ie yours or someone else's), and that in fact they are all identical.

So yes, you will ALWAYS keep your appartment, no matter in which game you are.

To follow your example: if someone else invites you to "their game", all it does is transport you across the map (teleporting to invitations has been confirmed), visually remove the other players and add the ones from the game you are joining. Your personal "data set" (character, properties, cars, weapons,...) are combined with their "data sets" but everyone still has whatever they had before, nothing changes.

Sanderm1
  • Sanderm1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (massis @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 17:10)
my explanation remains the same: different players may be added to your game (and you to theirs), but that's just a matter of visually enabling them.

Data-wise, you are all part of the same universe, so everything always remains as-is.
Somebody else can't own the EXACT same appartment, they own a different instance of that appartment. I'm quite confident that you won't be able to take the stairs and run through the door of your appartment, but that you'll have to enter an elevator and select which appartment to go to (ie yours or someone else's), and that in fact they are all identical.

So yes, you will ALWAYS keep your appartment, no matter in which game you are.

To follow your example: if someone else invites you to "their game", all it does is transport you across the map (teleporting to invitations has been confirmed), visually remove the other players and add the ones from the game you are joining. Your personal "data set" (character, properties, cars, weapons,...) are combined with their "data sets" but everyone still has whatever they had before, nothing changes.

Although what you said hasn't been confirmed, it just seem most logical, maybe we can fiscally take the stairs and run through the door, but let's say my apartment will be on the first floor in one server, but in the next it could be on the third floor for example, this would make more sense imo because like in the trailer, what if someone gets a jet/helicopter to look through the window, who would he/she see then? R* have probably already found a solution for this so I don't think that we should worry, let's just trust them.

Raztatic
  • Raztatic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

This whole thing could end badly id R* doesnt handle this properly.. I have a lot of faith that they wont mess it up but could you imagine if only one person could own an apartment? lol... It will definitely work how that guy put it.. it was confirmed to even get into the building you need to buzz in.. This is gonna be sweet..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users