Photo

Can you play tennis online?

7 replies to this topic
CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

I wonder how this will work? I wonder if you can play with peds or other online players. Has tennis online been confirmed? i know we saw golf in the trailer.

Eddie Dean
  • Eddie Dean

Addict

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

Yes, it's been confirmed in one of the interviews (the Gamespot one if I recall correctly). There's also a system that enables you to play tennis without being sniped every single minute, so you can just enjoy the minigame (not sure whether I really like this though, takes away from the immersion and freedom a bit imho). The Gamespot interviewer asked about doubles (4 player tennis matches) and Leslie Benzies immediately wrote it down, so there's a small chance of that appearing too.

progaimz
  • progaimz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Eddie Dean @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 09:50)
Yes, it's been confirmed in one of the interviews (the Gamespot one if I recall correctly). There's also a system that enables you to play tennis without being sniped every single minute, so you can just enjoy the minigame (not sure whether I really like this though, takes away from the immersion and freedom a bit imho). The Gamespot interviewer asked about doubles (4 player tennis matches) and Leslie Benzies immediately wrote it down, so there's a small chance of that appearing too.

That was CVG not Gamespot.

Eddie Dean
  • Eddie Dean

Addict

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (progaimz @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 15:02)

That was CVG not Gamespot.

Ah well then I didn't recall correctly.

Found_Again
  • Found_Again

Ban Roulette Victim. :)

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

Yes, looking forward to it. Too bad you can't snipe someone while playing. bored.gif

Eddie Dean
  • Eddie Dean

Addict

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

Yeah not sure whether I like that either. Being sniped while enjoying tennis could be annoying, but being the sniper would be really cool... Maybe it should be an option to choose whether you go to passive mode or not when starting a tennis game.

TheCrewGeneral
  • TheCrewGeneral

P★C★G★A★M★E★R

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

You could still snip after the game.

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

I kind of thought it was funny that Lezlie Benzies, this guy who is the president of this great, creative video game developing company, didn't even think about a four player tennis game, even though there are other video games out there that had it, some of which are fairly reputable. Don't get me wrong, I respect Benzies - he's a brilliant guy and I wish I could meet guys like him - but I just find that little fact fairly funny.

But yeah, it was CVG, as other have pointed out. And despite the chaos that may be going on around you (e.g. tanks rolling through, helicopters wizzing overhead, jets firing missiles at said helicopters, guys with RPG's shooting at each other, etc.), you'll just be in the tennis court, safely enjoying a game of tennis with your good friends (or rivals devil.gif ).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users