Photo

Are you sick of your music?

44 replies to this topic
Ilikehotcrossbuns
  • Ilikehotcrossbuns

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (King of the Rotten @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 01:37)
QUOTE (Ilikehotcrossbuns @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 23:03)
QUOTE (King of the Rotten @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 02:40)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 15:10)
QUOTE (King of the Rotten @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 14:42)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 13:53)
QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 10:04)
how does someone get sick of their own music?
I don't understand.

Some people are born different to yourself perhaps. I did kinda explain myself a bit more though.

I'm not really sick of the music, I'm just, I dunno, it's too familiar. It's like when you live on a beachfront, after a while you stop admiring the beach front, It's still nice, but it's just kinda there, you don't really gain the same enjoyment from it as the first few times you saw it, before you knew all its nuances, at first it's a sight to behold with lots to take in at once. Music for me is kind of the same, I still enjoy the music, but it takes away that "Wow this is great" feeling and it just sort of plays through without me taking much notice of the quality of the song.

at least list what you listen to...

Since you don't get bored of what you listen to Rotten, let us know what music you listen to.

Then we could all listen to it forever!

you bet your ass you will

led zeppelin
tool
metallica
soundgarden
alice in chains
corrosion of conformity
mastodon
megadeth
testament
system of a down
foo fighters
slayer
pantera
faith no more
a perrfect circle
ac/dc
pearl jam
temple of the dog
the who
pink floyd
jimi hendrix experience
down
the offspring
red hot chili peppers
nirvana
guns n' roses
stone temple pilots
the sword
rage against the machine

go for your life

Seems like a rather standard rock list there, good friend.

standard yes, icon14.gif good try

I don't know if you're being sarcastic here but this is a terribly obvious list of modern rock music.

King of the Rotten
  • King of the Rotten

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (Ilikehotcrossbuns @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 03:12)
I don't understand.

Some people are born different to yourself perhaps. I did kinda explain myself a bit more though.

I'm not really sick of the music, I'm just, I dunno, it's too familiar. It's like when you live on a beachfront, after a while you stop admiring the beach front, It's still nice, but it's just kinda there, you don't really gain the same enjoyment from it as the first few times you saw it, before you knew all its nuances, at first it's a sight to behold with lots to take in at once. Music for me is kind of the same, I still enjoy the music, but it takes away that "Wow this is great" feeling and it just sort of plays through without me taking much notice of the quality of the song.

Since you don't get bored of what you listen to Rotten, let us know what music you listen to.

led zeppelin
tool
metallica
soundgarden
alice in chains
corrosion of conformity
mastodon
megadeth
testament
system of a down
foo fighters
slayer
pantera
faith no more
a perrfect circle
ac/dc
pearl jam
temple of the dog
the who
pink floyd
jimi hendrix experience
down
the offspring
red hot chili peppers
nirvana
guns n' roses
stone temple pilots
the sword
rage against the machine

go for your life

I don't know if you're being sarcastic here but this is a terribly obvious list of modern rock music.

considering only 2 of those bands were formed after 2000 you have no idea what you're talking about

Ilikehotcrossbuns
  • Ilikehotcrossbuns

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (King of the Rotten @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 03:50)
QUOTE (Ilikehotcrossbuns @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 03:12)
I don't understand.

led zeppelin
tool
metallica
soundgarden
alice in chains
corrosion of conformity
mastodon
megadeth
testament
system of a down
foo fighters
slayer
pantera
faith no more
a perrfect circle
ac/dc
pearl jam
temple of the dog
the who
pink floyd
jimi hendrix experience
down
the offspring
red hot chili peppers
nirvana
guns n' roses
stone temple pilots
the sword
rage against the machine

go for your life

considering only 2 of those bands were formed after 2000 you have no idea what you're talking about

'modern' 'after 2000'

I can only assume you're an idiot. Those bands are obvious bands that everyone has listened to, it's certainly not something someone would want if they are bored of music unless they've been living in a void for the past 40 years.

King of the Rotten
  • King of the Rotten

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (Ilikehotcrossbuns @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 04:46)
'modern' 'after 2000'

I can only assume you're an idiot. Those bands are obvious bands that everyone has listened to, it's certainly not something someone would want if they are bored of music unless they've been living in a void for the past 40 years.

everyone. yes. everyone, especially the 14 year olds that listen to justin bieber and the wiggas that listen to lil wayne and the hipsters that listen to indiepussyrock.

i bet everyone listens to corrosion of conformity, that's why you hear it on the radio all the time.

yeah, only people that are bored of music listen to led zeppelin u f*ckin homo, u are such a disgrace to humans the doctor should have pushed u back in when u came out.

Ilikehotcrossbuns
  • Ilikehotcrossbuns

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (King of the Rotten @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 05:02)
QUOTE (Ilikehotcrossbuns @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 04:46)
'modern' 'after 2000'

everyone. yes. everyone, especially the 14 year olds that listen to justin bieber and the wiggas that listen to lil wayne and the hipsters that listen to indiepussyrock.

i bet everyone listens to corrosion of conformity, that's why you hear it on the radio all the time.

yeah, only people that are bored of music listen to led zeppelin u f*ckin homo, u are such a disgrace to humans the doctor should have pushed u back in when u came out.

hahaha you're funny.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 07:53)

I still don't understand tounge2.gif

it's YOUR music.
YOU chose it.

I thought good music was like good food; it's completely subjective and once you find something you like then you will probably enjoy it for the rest of your life.
if your music is starting to sound "too familiar" then you just need to branch out a little.

you already know what kind of music you like.
so just go listen to that kind of music but from artists and groups you've never tried before.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

Have you guys ever had the problem where you have loads of music, but most of it you have listened to over and over again ruining it? I mean even if you don't hear it for like 2 years as soon as you do, it's just the same old thing again.

Well This has been happening to me for a long time, I am trying to resolve the issue by purchasing loads of obscure albums and avoiding my current music.

Anyone have any tips for this? Does this happen to everyone else?

No I have 49,120 songs on my computer the only problem is I only have one Ipod and my music collection is only getting bigger, Give it 2 weeks I will top 50,000 My problem is deciding what to listen to....

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Whoop some ass!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 28 September 2013 - 06:35 PM.

I got the opposite, the more I listen to a particular song, the more I'll like it, so I can just listen to the same song for 8 hours in a row.

Same here. The more I listen to a song, the more I like it, even to a point it gets stuck in my head for the next few days, which makes me want to listen to it again. Well, at least recently.

If I get bored of a song, I let it go for some time and listen to it again, the great feeling comes back.

Bigs
  • Bigs

OG

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

When I was younger I would sometimes get burnt out on certain music if I listened to it too frequently. Nowadays I make sure to pace myself when it comes to discovering new music. If I find myself really getting into an album I'm not familiar with, I'll take a couple days off between listens just to make sure it stays fresh.

I want to enjoy my music for as long as possible. Just like making love, you've got to take it slow and steady, or else you'll risk busting your load prematurely and knocking someone up.

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

the music I listen to never gets old.

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

I'm always out for new music. I try to listen to a new album every day or so but I've been a little too busy for that lately. Some of the stuff on my iPod can get a little overplayed (looking at you, Tupac), but I'll listen to artists in cycles. It might take months but if I liked something chances are I'll come back to hear it again eventually. 

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:33 PM Edited by ShadowDog94, 17 December 2013 - 06:41 PM.

I actually never get bored of any music, no matter how many times I listen to it.  People tell me that they can't stand listening to the same songs over and over and to me it just seems odd. And then they look at me with a weird face when I tell them that I listen to the same songs over and over again. What's the problem? Different strokes for different folks I guess.

There was one time about a year ago when I started getting bored of all the rock and metal I listened to so I stopped listening to it and started looking for different types of music, but in the end I found myself getting bored of that rather quickly and went back to my favourite genre all over again  :pp but it has made me a little more open-minded towards different genres than I was back then.

There have been certain artists I've only listened to for maybe a couple days before I started to hate them. Enter Shikari and Hadouken for instance. I found the songs catchy for a while but after a while they started irritating me...... badly.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

Nate is Love, Nate is Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

It takes a while, but yes, I do get bored of my favorite songs. I don't hate them, it's just I'd rather listen to fresher tunes.

alias23
  • alias23

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

I did get sick of most songs on my phone only had like 30 dubstep songs on it, the crappy phone memory was full so I was listening to those over and over, having said that it's impossible to become sick of Nero

The Viperman
  • The Viperman

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

Music in general is just boring to me, I only listen to ambient movie/video game soundtracks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users