Are you sick of your music?

44 replies to this topic
Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

Have you guys ever had the problem where you have loads of music, but most of it you have listened to over and over again ruining it? I mean even if you don't hear it for like 2 years as soon as you do, it's just the same old thing again.

Well This has been happening to me for a long time, I am trying to resolve the issue by purchasing loads of obscure albums and avoiding my current music.

Anyone have any tips for this? Does this happen to everyone else?
  • cyrilaeshell likes this

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

Sometimes, usually I try and find new music when that happens, listen to it, get bored. Rinse and repeat.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

I feel the same sometimes OP.. Even if I haven't heard a song in a long time, as soon as i hear it I hit the skip button because I've heard it so many times before. But I have a massive playlist, so the chances of me hearing the same songs over and over again are very small. There are still loads of songs in my playlist with a 0 play count haha smile.gif

But yeah, there are some songs I'm avoiding because I'm tired of listening to them. Some of them I loved so much, but now I hate them!

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

Nah. Good music never gets boring. You must be bored for other reasons or the music you have isn't that good.
  • OG Sunny likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

I got the opposite, the more I listen to a particular song, the more I'll like it, so I can just listen to the same song for 8 hours in a row.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:36 AM

It depends. If it's a song that I really like, it doesn't get boring. Most songs that I have, though, have gotten old. I've just heard them TOO many times. Songs that I used to love don't feel the same anymore.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:31 PM Edited by ExtremeLimitations, 19 August 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Depends on you dude. Sometimes I never get bored of listening to good music for a whole lot of hours and even today continues that trend. No matter how many times I replay it, it never gets old and still the same empowering music. I have tons of music in my playlist and there it's almost impossible for me not to get tired of listening to it.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 21:08)
Nah. Good music never gets boring. You must be bored for other reasons or the music you have isn't that good.

I dunno if that's quite true.
Well I like good music for a long time, I mean i've been Listening to Wu-Tang since I was like 6, 36 chambers I love all the time, but I mean I still enjoy it, but you feel less interested in listening to the music because it's all so familiar, I mean I still enjoy it, but I dunno.

Anyway, I've basically just being finding Underground hip hop, I love it so much, but the idea I am having is to add loads and loads to my ipod all at once, and make playlists for them and play at random, that way I don't know the names of the songs and I can't search them.

Good songs are always good, but they're better if it's like you're hearing it for the first time.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Kirsty's Little Helper
    Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Yeah, I keep changing my music playlist every month or so because I get kind of.. bored of the music, even though when I kept playing for the first few times I loved it.

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

I just listen to so much different artists that It hasn't happened in years.

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

It rarely happens to me but when it does I usually think of a different genre I'd like that is kind of similar or just dig really deep into what I'm currently listening to in order to find some unique sub genres. At the moment the drought has come once more since a couple of years and I'm feeling the urge to look for something entirely different. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

D4 Damager
  • D4 Damager

Listening to the Mandolin Rain...

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 11:08)

Completely agree. If you feel like your music is boring you then try and change the scenario in which you listen to it, or try and discover a new genre and see how that links to your current tastes, or listen to your music when high, or while working. I always find that I can squeeze a lot of enjoyment out of songs by just never doing the same thing, or being in the same place, when I'm listening to them.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Sometimes, I find a song and I listen to it all day and every day for about a month. Then, it seems to loose appeal to me and I move onto something else. This happened in the case of "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald" for me.

Laura91
  • Laura91

Portia's #1 Fan

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 10:08)

I agree with that. Good music is timeless. I can still listen to stuff that I was jamming to in the late 80s/early to mid 90s and still love it like I did when I heard it for the first time.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

how does someone get sick of their own music?
I don't understand.

King of the Rotten
  • King of the Rotten

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:31 AM

that's usually the case when you listen to sh*tty music.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (King of the Rotten @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 22:31)

Music taste is subjective. Aside from that I bet my taste in music is better than yours (see the previous sentence about subjectivity and music in case this is too much irony for you) and everything's bored me lately. Found a new artist I liked and I got tired of their entire discography after a week, another took a single night, doesn't mean the artist is bad, it's a personal thing.

It's all about, more than anything your attitude and mood going into listening to music I've found. I enjoy music far more when I'm driving or in the shower than when I'm sitting around at the computer and listening to it while gaming or browing the web. The same artists I enjoyed while doing things become boring when you've heard the same songs a hundred times, or even ten if you do, or rather are capable of putting more of your attention onto the music. I've also found that the worse a mood you're in the worse music sounds, I've been in a pretty piss-poor state the past few weeks and everything's sounding worse and worse as I feel worse.

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

I do get incredibly bored of my own music (stuff my band plays), there's one song we always play to close gigs which we also released as a single and got a music video made for.
It's quite catchy but when it gets to the point where you can play it while simultaneously having a conversation and scratching your balls it becomes a bit of a drag to do.

I've never had this issue with music I listen to though until it's played to death everywhere, Sex on Fire comes to mind, it's a great song but I've heard it so many times.

King of the Rotten
  • King of the Rotten

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 04:50)
QUOTE (King of the Rotten @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 22:31)

Music taste is subjective. Aside from that I bet my taste in music is better than yours (see the previous sentence about subjectivity and music in case this is too much irony for you) and everything's bored me lately. Found a new artist I liked and I got tired of their entire discography after a week, another took a single night, doesn't mean the artist is bad, it's a personal thing.

It's all about, more than anything your attitude and mood going into listening to music I've found. I enjoy music far more when I'm driving or in the shower than when I'm sitting around at the computer and listening to it while gaming or browing the web. The same artists I enjoyed while doing things become boring when you've heard the same songs a hundred times, or even ten if you do, or rather are capable of putting more of your attention onto the music. I've also found that the worse a mood you're in the worse music sounds, I've been in a pretty piss-poor state the past few weeks and everything's sounding worse and worse as I feel worse.

You have over 1,000 plays for both Skrillex and Deadmau5 each. Your taste in music is shocking and your life is a failure.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 10:04)
I don't understand.

Some people are born different to yourself perhaps. I did kinda explain myself a bit more though.

I'm not really sick of the music, I'm just, I dunno, it's too familiar. It's like when you live on a beachfront, after a while you stop admiring the beach front, It's still nice, but it's just kinda there, you don't really gain the same enjoyment from it as the first few times you saw it, before you knew all its nuances, at first it's a sight to behold with lots to take in at once. Music for me is kind of the same, I still enjoy the music, but it takes away that "Wow this is great" feeling and it just sort of plays through without me taking much notice of the quality of the song.

King of the Rotten
  • King of the Rotten

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 13:53)
I don't understand.

Some people are born different to yourself perhaps. I did kinda explain myself a bit more though.

I'm not really sick of the music, I'm just, I dunno, it's too familiar. It's like when you live on a beachfront, after a while you stop admiring the beach front, It's still nice, but it's just kinda there, you don't really gain the same enjoyment from it as the first few times you saw it, before you knew all its nuances, at first it's a sight to behold with lots to take in at once. Music for me is kind of the same, I still enjoy the music, but it takes away that "Wow this is great" feeling and it just sort of plays through without me taking much notice of the quality of the song.

at least list what you listen to...

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (King of the Rotten @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 14:42)
I don't understand.

Since you don't get bored of what you listen to Rotten, let us know what music you listen to.

Then we could all listen to it forever!

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Well, if you listen to the same artists every day it can get boring. If you only listen to the same stuff once\twice a month or something like that it shouldn't be boring. The only songs that I find "boring" are the ones that remind me of unpleasant moments in my life.

King of the Rotten
  • King of the Rotten

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 15:10)
I don't understand.

Since you don't get bored of what you listen to Rotten, let us know what music you listen to.

you bet your ass you will

led zeppelin
tool
metallica
soundgarden
alice in chains
corrosion of conformity
mastodon
megadeth
testament
system of a down
foo fighters
slayer
pantera
faith no more
a perrfect circle
ac/dc
pearl jam
temple of the dog
the who
pink floyd
jimi hendrix experience
down
the offspring
red hot chili peppers
nirvana
guns n' roses
stone temple pilots
the sword
rage against the machine

go for your life

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Maybe try out different genres?

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

I'm always finding new music to listen to and returning and finding new things to love about the music I had listened to and rediscovering why I loved it. If you listen to the same band constantly it can become a bit of a drag, it doesn't mean its boring or bad just you need a break to explore something else. I've recently rediscovered how much I love The Wall by Pink Floyd whilst also discovering how amazing Hogarth era Marillion is, next month I might have moved on to someone else or might still be listening to Marillion, I could go back to listening to Yes or Rush or King Crimson. There is always a lot to explore and listen to or to rediscover.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

I do get this feeling from time to time but it doesn't last long. 3 or 4 days at most, and I'm back to listening again.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

Finding a new song/ band that really speaks to you has got to be one of the best feelings in the world.

Ilikehotcrossbuns
  • Ilikehotcrossbuns

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (King of the Rotten @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 02:40)
I don't understand.

led zeppelin
tool
metallica
soundgarden
alice in chains
corrosion of conformity
mastodon
megadeth
testament
system of a down
foo fighters
slayer
pantera
faith no more
a perrfect circle
ac/dc
pearl jam
temple of the dog
the who
pink floyd
jimi hendrix experience
down
the offspring
red hot chili peppers
nirvana
guns n' roses
stone temple pilots
the sword
rage against the machine

go for your life

Seems like a rather standard rock list there, good friend.

King of the Rotten
  • King of the Rotten

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Ilikehotcrossbuns @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 23:03)
QUOTE (King of the Rotten @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 02:40)
I don't understand.

led zeppelin
tool
metallica
soundgarden
alice in chains
corrosion of conformity
mastodon
megadeth
testament
system of a down
foo fighters
slayer
pantera
faith no more
a perrfect circle
ac/dc
pearl jam
temple of the dog
the who
pink floyd
jimi hendrix experience
down
the offspring
red hot chili peppers
nirvana
guns n' roses
stone temple pilots
the sword
rage against the machine

go for your life

Seems like a rather standard rock list there, good friend.

standard yes, icon14.gif good try

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users