Quantcast

» «
Photo

Countryside- Is it now a necessity for GTA?

20 replies to this topic
Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:47 AM Edited by Niko Vercetti 112, 17 October 2013 - 12:34 PM.

Seeing as how many of the complaints about post-San Andreas games is that they have had a lack of countryside (which is probably the main reason it is returning in V) it leads me to ask- do you think that countryside is now a necessity for the series?

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

Yes,after all demands for it in IV,Rockstar probably never gonna release another GTA game with out countryside.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

No. It depends on the location. I'd like to see a GTA set in Chicago, Detroit, Boston etc one day and countryside isn't something I immediately think of with those locations.

It works well with LA/Socal, but I wouldn't want R* throwing in random countryside for the hell of it.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 04:16)
No. It depends on the location. I'd like to see a GTA set in Chicago, Detroit, Boston etc one day and countryside isn't something I immediately think of with those locations.

It works well with LA/Socal, but I wouldn't want R* throwing in random countryside for the hell of it.

I would love GTA in Chicago but Watch Dogs already got that taken care of.

Just think about it for a second. Vice City ( aka Miami ) and the swaps down there.

Brings back old memories for when when I was younger and I would love to see the environment be in GTA.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

^ Me too man. I would like VC, but if there wouldn't be countryside, they could add 2 more cities but make VC bigger of all two and to be main one. It would be awesome. Example, VC = 7 miles + two other cities that together 10 miles. So the full map would be around 17 miles. It wouldn't be bad. And also set it in 80's or late 70's.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

Florida is peninsula already so it wouldn't be strange if its now surrounded with water from a north side. And its would be great to see everglades and key's in HD. What else is interesting in Florida countryside?

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 10:53)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 04:16)

I would love GTA in Chicago but Watch Dogs already got that taken care of.

Just think about it for a second. Vice City ( aka Miami ) and the swaps down there.

Brings back old memories for when when I was younger and I would love to see the environment be in GTA.

I think VC + Everglades + Orlando/Deep South is nailed on for the next GTA.

While countryside may not "suit" certain cities it is around every urban area in the world and personally I think it needs to be included to provide balance, but that's just me.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 10:16)

All northeast and midwest cities, except Chicago and NYC, are boring as f*ck in comparison to LA, Miami,SF, LV or London, and
not well enough known worldwide to have its own GTA version.

Btw I laughed so hard at that Detroit thing, you mean a contemporary version of Detroit? It seems youīre missing whatīs going on there lately...

About the OP question, GTA is about freedom, about discover and explore a rich and diverse parallel world, so a huge and diverse map itīs a must.Just think that the two best GTA games have countryside and a very large map, so yes, itīs a necessity.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

No. If Rockstar did Vice City I would be more than happy with just the city. Adding the Florida Keys would be cool but its not needed.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 16:26)
Just think that the two best GTA games have countryside and a very large map, so yes, itīs a necessity.

'Best GTA games' is something subjective, it's not a fact, it's an opinion. I guess you're talking about San Andreas and Vice City, though the latter one doesn't have a countryside, but large beaches that are more or less just wasted area.

Anyway, countryside can add variety to the gameworld but it's not a necessity, in my opinion. It's heavily dependent on the area the game is based on. It wouldn't make much sense to have a countryside next to a city like Liberty City.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 01:26)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 10:16)

All northeast and midwest cities, except Chicago and NYC, are boring as f*ck in comparison to LA, Miami,SF, LV or London, and
not well enough known worldwide to have its own GTA version.

Btw I laughed so hard at that Detroit thing, you mean a contemporary version of Detroit? It seems youīre missing whatīs going on there lately...

About the OP question, GTA is about freedom, about discover and explore a rich and diverse parallel world, so a huge and diverse map itīs a must.Just think that the two best GTA games have countryside and a very large map, so yes, itīs a necessity.

I'd like a 1970s Detroit actually.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 14:48)
No. If Rockstar did Vice City I would be more than happy with just the city. Adding the Florida Keys would be cool but its not needed.

Adding the everglades would be a nice addition, wouldn't be cool a chase in one of this things: http://blog.jonathan...airboat-045.jpg

@above, 1970s Detroit would be really nice and interesting smile.gif

Fr0zT uP
  • Fr0zT uP

GTA 4 Life

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Why is this so important to you people. Countryside is just the developer's choise. If they want to add counryside to the map they will. It depends if it's going to fit with the location of the game and the storyline. Like someone said before in locations such as New York(Liberty City) or Chicago the countryside will be boring. There is noting that much special like California where it has forest, deserts, rivers, hils, mountines,etc. The only thing that it lacks of is snow area.

gravelli
  • gravelli

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

Countryside would work well with VC because of the swamps and islands.

I think some countryside would be good even in LC, for off roading with dirt bikes and SUVs.

Special Members
  • Special Members

Der Hund abides!

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

I would like a San Andreas type of game with three cities and a large countryside. The cities are ofcourse bigger than in SA. It would be set in Northeastern USA and include these three cities:

Philadelphia
Washington D.C.
Boston

I know that NYC would techically be located in between Philly and Boston, but ignore that. I really don`know about small towns, except a version of Camden, NJ. As in real life it should be located right acros a river from Philly. And it would fit because of its large crime rates and urban decay.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

While I would love to see countryside in every game, I don't think it fits every location. LC was fine without countryside, as when you think of NYC, usually the image that pops up in your head is a concrete jungle(or at least in my head lol). It works for LS so it's there, but if V was in Chicago or someplace I don't see the countryside fitting quite as well.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

This is exactly how I feel. And while I'm not opposed to having a location based on the Everglades, I don't understand the obsession with them. Think about it, it's nothing but a massive swamp and little to do there game-play wise. Although they could use it as an excuse to put more emphasis on water craft.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

Gives the map more variety. Sometimes you get tired of rampaging around in the city and you just wanna relax and go dirt bike riding and jumping off cliffs in the countryside.

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

I think it's only necessary maybe right after a title that was only set in a city, just to provide a change of feeling. I personally wish they included snow covered places already though. The next GTA doesn't need to have a countryside because V has one I think.

cutter666
  • cutter666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Like others have said, the countryside adds balance.
Gta4 not having one was the nail in the coffin for me.
Also, saying it wouldn't fit in LC (nyc) is laughable.
I was born and raised in the bronx and a 20min. Drive north will take you over the tapanz brigde and into upstate Ny aka the countryside.

Lewis Chappers
  • Lewis Chappers

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

There was no reason for it to be in GTA V. It was barely used in the story, apart from the opening (and some side-tracked missions) in the desert and country plains as Trevor, and one or two as Franklin. Some people are just so picky with features. I'm already missing the GTA IV subway tunnel more than I missed the idea of countryside in GTA video-games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users