• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

Memories!

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

I admit after 2 months after the trailer I started wondering why it was so quiet which is why I started posting in these forums after I created my account.

Anyway when they released those screen shots I remember just waking up normally, turned on my PC and right away I was spammed by 5 different people the Q&A link and told me to scroll down, I did and there were 2 beautiful screenshots of the game, my mouth dropped.

I still remember people actually zooming into the helicopter, most said it was "Ned Luke" flying it.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 18:17)
Think back and share your thoughts and reactions for the very first time we saw still image of GTA V. Did the game look as you imagined?

..No.

xzxxsicko
  • xzxxsicko

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

Dejavu or wtf is this sh*t , unpined and 4 pages deleted or what?

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

28 days later. haha good avy

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

I remember 29 days just like it was yesterday.

OT:
When I saw those shots, I wasn't really impressed.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (xzxxsicko @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 18:29)
Dejavu or wtf is this sh*t , unpined and 4 pages deleted or what?

If you check the date, it's a new topic.

truthful
  • truthful

The truthful

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 17:33)
I remember 29 days just like it was yesterday.

OT:
When I saw those shots, I wasn't really impressed.

What?!!!

the second picture looking beyond the lake is AWESOME! it looks great and was the first screen ever released about V.

icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by Showstopper 26, 19 August 2013 - 05:53 PM.

Why isn't this one pinned and didn't the last thread have 30 days and 29? Just wondering smile.gif

donconjo
  • donconjo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

Last days are the worst

Damn boring office work.
Staring at my switching GTAV screenshots at work watching the time crawl away.
Seeing every detail again and again..
The weekends fly by then again the slowass Monday at work.
The only day that goes fast at work is when new material is released.

Hope I don't go postal

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

July 12, ah! I remember that delightful day. I had finished Max Payne 3 for the second time only a few minutes before these screens were revealed. At first, I thought that it was GTA IV, but then I realized that it was opened by Ryan, the then forum leadby. I vividly remember people bitching about this.

I also vividly remember saying "YES! YES! YES! PLANES CONFIRMED!". Good times.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Massimo Pantaleo

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

That day when I saw the screens, I though for a second the first screen was from IV, until I saw the police chopper and the buildings in the background, I sas amazed by the reflections on the second screen, also the water looked very realistic.

Grand Chef Toto
  • Grand Chef Toto

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

In all honesty, I couldn't care less about GTA V between the 1st trailer and the first screenshots. Don't get me wrong, I loved every GTA instalments and I was extremely interested in playing it, but I knew release date was so far away... So, I got interested in other games. At the time, it was MMOs (SWTOR, mainly). When July 2012 came and the screenshots were revealed, I didn't think much about them. I thought "Okay... so? That's it? Seriously? *sigh*" and I went back to yet another stupid MMO.

(Nowadays, I hate MMOs (it took me almost a year to realize they're complete bullsh*t and highly unintersting to play), and I can't wait for GTA V to come.)

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

I started looking at it a lil late, seeing the image w/ the pier and lightning, cop-cars by the mountain-side, hang-glider etc. I wasnt following the game much before the last few months, I hadnt even been to the board in a long time, just too much going on in RL..., but w/ the release just a weeks away I've definitely taken more interest. Its sort of funny to see some of the topics posted just to have something to say about "GTA V" lol.gif I wonder what R*'s pre-order sales have gotten up to thus far.

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

I remember being depressed, because I was firmly in the "game will be released in 2012" camp. Because of this, I expected a trailer. After all that wait, getting only 2 screenshots late in August was a clear sign to me that this game was nowhere near to being released. I think those 2 pics is when I finally made the sad jump to the "2013" camp.

swagbucks
  • swagbucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

i hope we are able to sit down in this game. so sickk of gta games that dont let you sit on a damn bench or chair. dozingoff.gif

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (swagbucks @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 22:21)
i hope we are able to sit down in this game. so sickk of gta games that dont let you sit on a damn bench or chair. dozingoff.gif

Maybe we can sit in a wheelchair then too! Then we can still roll down through the city and explore! biggrin.gif

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

The final week before it comes out is gonna be crazy, I'm gonna be having withdrawal symptoms or some sh*t

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Frantz Fuchs @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 22:34)
The final week before it comes out is gonna be crazy, I'm gonna be having withdrawal symptoms or some sh*t

It will suck because the days at school will go by slower than a sloth crossing the street.

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

To be honest, GTA V had fallen off of my radar after the "magic" of the first trailer. It was a long information drought, so life kept going, and when the pictures released, I gave them a look-over, found myself interested enough to keep looking for a few more days, but then went back to obsessing over other games that were out at the moment, or were soon to be released.

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

The new screenshots? Absolutely amazing at the time for months later. It's not till now that I look back at it that I see a lot has changed. In the first picture, you can see a lot less beauty in terms of graphics with that chopper than we've seen recently; what's in the background, however, is stunning. Something like the opposite can be said for the second image. The river or pond or whatever that is the center of the image and is definitely stunning, with reflections and a great deal of realism. Not till now did I realize that the textures on the people and in the background look absolutely, well, disgusting, at least in comparison to what we've seen recently. The walk behind the people sitting on the edge is well textured, however, another nice detail, as well as the plants and trees in the background. Otherwise, everything else looks atrocious.

V has come a long way, and in a little while, we're going to see just how far it's able to go. #9/17

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

I can't believe it's been over a year since they released those screens, crazy!

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

Water and police choppers comfirmed

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (III H1TMaN III @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 17:22)
QUOTE (swagbucks @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 22:21)
i hope we are able to sit down in this game. so sickk of gta games that dont let you sit on a damn bench or chair.  dozingoff.gif

Maybe we can sit in a wheelchair then too! Then we can still roll down through the city and explore! biggrin.gif

In another topic, I was curious if they'll actually incorporate some kind of activities w/ wheelchairs, like races through the streets (trying not to get hit by vehicles) down sidewalks, through buildings etc... against the AI and maybe friends in MP biggrin.gif

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

My thoughts were finally!! and my reaction was damn it looks good. haha

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:36 AM

Dec 2011 - June 2012
The wait wasn't to bad at first because I was following Max Payne 3 the most that was due out in May 2012. The wait however did get to me eventually and so I joined this forum in June 2012 rather than just lurking to talk about the game and what the hell was going on.

12th July 2012
We had life! The first screens of GTA V was a great surprise at the end of the Max Payne 3 A&A. It looked great and I was happy to see the game seemed to be on track for the "May 2013" release date I had in my mind. ph34r.gif

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (InfernoV @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 17:18)
I thought the screens were amazing but anything they released at the time would have been amazing because it was so long since we had anything.
Looking at it now te screenshots were poor and im not talking about graphics, the screens show absolutly nothing and rockstar knew people would love them because after thefirst trailer they were acting like gta v doesnt exist!

Thank goodness Rockstar had the grace and charity to give us plenty of Max Payne 3 info, in that long lonely time, day after day, in our face, so we could be distracted from the pain of GTAV neglect. sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif

Rockstar made our lives so miserable for so long, that every little tidbit of info they deigned to dole out to us, every screenshot, no matter how mundane, made me ecstatic, and still does.

SgtRexPowerColt
  • SgtRexPowerColt

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (saintsrow @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 02:45)
QUOTE (InfernoV @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 17:18)
I thought the screens were amazing but anything they released at the time would have been amazing because it was so long since we had anything.
Looking at it now te screenshots were poor and im not talking about graphics, the screens show absolutly nothing and rockstar knew people would love them because after thefirst trailer they were acting like gta v doesnt exist!

Thank goodness Rockstar had the grace and charity to give us plenty of Max Payne 3 info, in that long lonely time, day after day, in our face, so we could be distracted from the pain of GTAV neglect. sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif sarcasm.gif

Rockstar made our lives so miserable for so long, that every little tidbit of info they deigned to dole out to us, every screenshot, no matter how mundane, made me ecstatic, and still does.

Well, you know, there were people like me out there that was looking forward to Max Payne 3 news. I really get annoyed with this forum and it's hate on Max Payne 3, even after all this time.

But I'm glad for you that it's over and GTA V is nearly out.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 01:10)
I can't believe it's been over a year since they released those screens, crazy!

I can't believe in Nov '11 I was thinking, "by late next year I'll be playing this mofo." Ha, ha, ha, nope, not funny.

MGT86
  • MGT86

Prankster

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:34 AM

I had so much crap going on in my life at that time, i couldn't really care less (in all terms of respect).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users