• Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

Where were you?I was at school, and I was using my laptop at that time.
What were you doing?I was just browsing through the internet to read some news.
How did you find out the news?I found out that V was announced by accidently clicking on the link to a gaming website.
What was your first reaction?Excitement. I didn't know what to say, I was so excited that there is a new GTA after all the years.
Were you a member of these forums?No, I wasn't, but I was browsing the forums back then as guest.

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

I found out about V when the first trailer launched.

Where were you?
At school.

What were you doing?
I was studying computer programs.

How did you find out the news?
At facebook.

What was your first reaction?
I had a rush.

Were you a member of these forums?
No. I made an account 9 November 2012 but I made a new account because I got bored of my old account's name.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:47 PM Edited by Acetaminophen, 18 August 2013 - 12:10 AM.

Where were you? - I was Home.

What were you doing? - I had just woke up and was checking facebook.

How did you find out the news? - Facebook post from R*

What was your first reaction? - HOLY SH*t!

Were you a member of these forums? - No.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:07 AM Edited by gtavpoliceimprovements, 18 August 2013 - 12:12 AM.

Where were you? At home
What were you doing? Browsing Internet/Xbox
How did you find out the news? Facebook post by Rockstar
What was your first reaction? OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!
Were you a member of these forums? No, but I did lurk here for a good while

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:10 AM

Where were you?- Home, playing PS3.
What were you doing?- Playing PS3.
How did you find out the news? - My friend on PS3 had it as his status.
What was your first reaction?- This looks like the best game ever!
Were you a member of these forums? - No but before I joined, I used to lurk these forums since October.

OliRow
  • OliRow

Eater of Worlds

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

Where were you? - At home.

What were you doing? - Browsing the internet.

How did you find out the news? - Twitter.

What was your first reaction? - Went slightly mental.

Were you a member of these forums? - Visited the forums but didn't have an account.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Kirsty)
Where were you?

I honestly don't remember, I remember though YouTube recommended me GTA V's first trailer and I saw it then. I expected a release in 2012 back then but how wrong was I.

QUOTE (Kirsty)
What were you doing?

I honestly don't remember, I think it was just another normal day. Like I said already YouTube recommended it to me so I guess I was watching random videos over there.

QUOTE (Kirsty)

I don't quite remember to be honest. I thought the game would be great, the trailer was fantastic and I was seeking more information on the game soon. The info hadn't come as soon as I had expected though.

QUOTE (Kirsty)

I honestly don'... Unfortunately I wasn't a member back then in this forum. I didn't even know this place existed. I only found this place after I randomly stumbled upon GTAV.net. It looked very different back then. If the information drought didn't happen I don't think I would have found this place.

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

Tbh, when it was announced, i was just a casual fan at that time, i was not a member of this forum at that time as i'm just a casual fan lol. When i still have my twitter account i saw the announcement and i'm curious to see where will it takes place, then i remember seeing the trailer and i'm just like "well okay its in Los Santos again". To be honest, i dont even remember how i went from casual to a huge fan of GTA, i dont remember how i suddenly got excited for this game, but i feel lucky to be a part of this waiting game.

Chickenwing
  • Chickenwing

You See it in the Movies.....

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

Where were you? - At home

What were you doing? - Sitting on my laptop

How did you find out the news? - I seen GTA V announced in the Facebook Ticker in the corner and it was a link to a Youtube video. Immediately thought it was fake until I clicked the R* site!

What was your first reaction? - Holy sh*t

Were you a member of these forums? - Nope, joined before the trailer though!

Aaronon
  • Aaronon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 00:50)
QUOTE (Kirsty)
Where were you?

I honestly don't remember, I remember though YouTube recommended me GTA V's first trailer and I saw it then. I expected a release in 2012 back then but how wrong was I.

QUOTE (Kirsty)
What were you doing?

I honestly don't remember, I think it was just another normal day. Like I said already YouTube recommended it to me so I guess I was watching random videos over there.

QUOTE (Kirsty)

I don't quite remember to be honest. I thought the game would be great, the trailer was fantastic and I was seeking more information on the game soon. The info hadn't come as soon as I had expected though.

QUOTE (Kirsty)

I honestly don'... Unfortunately I wasn't a member back then in this forum. I didn't even know this place existed. I only found this place after I randomly stumbled upon GTAV.net. It looked very different back then. If the information drought didn't happen I don't think I would have found this place.

Honestly?

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:12 AM Edited by AtomicPunk, 18 August 2013 - 01:15 AM.

Where were you? At the computer
What were you doing? Masterbeating
How did you find out the news? Stopped masterbeating and checked GTA news
What was your first reaction? Started masterbeating realLY fast and beat all the hide/skin off me penis
Were you a member of these forums? My member was in my hand while I was on these forums

Seriously though, I was like: "'Bout fu*king time, mang." I thought it was coming Dec. 2011 or early 2012 at the latest. lol.gif

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

Where were you? - I was at home just minding my business, never thought about a new GTA in months..
What were you doing? - Gaming, watching YouTube
How did you find out the news? - Was playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 on PC when all of a sudden my friend messaged me on Steam "www.rockstargames.com/V"
What was your first reaction? - I thought he was messing with me or something since me and him have some kind of history with messing with each other but we are extremely close friends since the release of GTA IV on the PC on its first day ever releasing. Anyway
once I clicked on it and saw that huge image I took a few seconds to breath and had a huge grin in my face. If I only knew how big the would be.
Were you a member of these forums? - I did make this account on January that year but I never posted, mostly lurked around here reading my favorite types of threads which were "random moments in (insert game here)", didn't have my first post on this forum until 2012.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

Where were you?

At school.
What were you doing?

I was using one of the computers at my school.

I was looking for GTA V news for the last few days before the announcement due to strong rummors about a possible announcement soon, so the morning of October 25th I searched on google GTA V, and then I saw a lot of articles saying "GTA V officialy announced, trailer comming November 2nd", then I ran to R*'s webpage and saw that Huge "Grand Theft Auto V"

I literally screamed of happyness, I was telling my friends " GTA V was announced" they didn't seem to give a f*ck.

No, I started to lurk around the forums on June 2012, until I joined in August 3rd 2012, then I changed my account to this one.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

Where were you?

I was at uni listening to a lecture about tort and contract law (some srs boring sh*t).

What were you doing?

Trying to listen and take down notes.

Friend next to me was on his laptop and a few people texted me.

I had too many feels to accurately describe what I felt. The weight of the feels I had that day were amazing, knowing that a new GTA was coming. I needed to know, see, hear more about it.

No, but I lurked. Didn't sign up until summer of 2012 after I was wondering why there wasn't any news yet and wanted a community to discuss/wait for V with.

Found_Again
  • Found_Again

Ban Roulette Victim. :)

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:39 AM Edited by Found_Again, 18 August 2013 - 01:42 AM.

Where were you? I was at home on PS3 and got a message from a friend.
What were you doing? Playing NHL 12. biggrin.gif
How did you find out the news? I got a message from a friend.
What was your first reaction? In disbelief at first until I watched it.
Were you a member of these forums? Yes, I joined in 2007 but got banned in gen chat a few days ago while playing Ban Roulette. tounge.gif

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:58 AM Edited by wwinterj, 18 August 2013 - 02:14 AM.

Oct 25th 2011
Where were you? At home
What were you doing? Getting ready to go out for a few pints or several for my Birthday. That was also this day.
How did you find out the news? Facebook while browsing/chatting to my bro.
What was your first reaction? Cool. Looking forward to the trailer.
Were you a member of these forums? Nope but did lurk here now and then.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:18 AM

Where were you? home
What were you doing? nothing
How did you find out the news? I was keeping an eye on the newswire, I swear there was a pre-announcement a couple weeks before which I stumbled across purely by chance
What was your first reaction? gobsmacked... I didn't know what to think... the first thing I said was "Ah... San Andreas!" in the first few cutscenes
Were you a member of these forums? Yes, as [-Vice-Andreas-] member since 2006. I was banned for giving the mods a hard time.

olligyver
  • olligyver

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:18 AM Edited by olligyver, 18 August 2013 - 02:41 AM.

Where were you? At my friends room
What were you doing? We was smoking weed
How did you find out the news? While I was taking a bong-hit, I see a phone coming slowly down from over my face, and there it was, the almighty V-logo
What was your first reaction? Started coughing, couldn't believe it and was excited as f*ck, and we talked about it the rest of the night
Were you a member of these forums? Yes, but I had been lurking since E3 '06 after I saw this video
rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 03:18)
Where were you? home
What were you doing? nothing
How did you find out the news? I was keeping an eye on the newswire, I swear there was a pre-announcement a couple weeks before which I stumbled across purely by chance
What was your first reaction? gobsmacked... I didn't know what to think... the first thing I said was "Ah... San Andreas!" in the first few cutscenes
Were you a member of these forums? Yes, as [-Vice-Andreas-] member since 2006. I was banned for giving the mods a hard time.

You were Vice Andreas? I remember that name!
And yeah, I was basically looking at the newswire too because Rockstar said they had something coming.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:31 AM

Where were you? Was at a shopping mall food court.
What were you doing? Browsing GTAForum on my phone.
How did you find out the news? GTA V countdown banner on several member's signature.
What was your first reaction? "What... V already??" Then I was like "Yes, it is actually about time."
Were you a member of these forums? Yes, found out about the trailer because of this forum.

Los Santos - 1992 to 2013
  • Los Santos - 1992 to 2013

After 21 years, it's time.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:03 AM Edited by Los Santos - 1992 to 2013, 18 August 2013 - 09:30 AM.

Where were you? At home.
What were you doing? Doing stuff on the computer.
How did you find out the news? Searched this forum and found the article.
What was your first reaction? Surprised.
Were you a member of these forums? Check the join date under my avatar....... Edit: That means "No"

Jake1398
  • Jake1398

SkullFire Leader

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

Where were you? At home
What were you doing? I was bored and just got onto YouTube
How did you find out the news?I saw it on the Trending Videos
What was your first reaction? I was like about to cry because it was just so great and awesome!
Were you a member of these forums? No

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:06 AM

Where were you? Home Sweet Home
What were you doing? Going to download a mod for GTA IV
How did you find out the news? Google. I just typed GTA V(was going to type GTA IV mod) and pressed enter then i saw a website of Rockstar on the top. I clicked that and found it.
What was your first reaction? WTF?? Is this thing real or fake????
Were you a member of these forums? Nah...I din't make an account back then..but i used to come here to download mods for San Andreas.

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:26 AM

Where were you?
Out of town with some friends

What were you doing?
Hanging out in a cafe, drinking coffee and all that

It was supposed to be a quick twitter check, it became more than that

user posted image

Since '08 baby

trevors685
  • trevors685

poo poo head

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

Where were you? Probably at school.
What were you doing? I probably googled GTA V to see if anything was announced. I really didn't read up on stuff like this.
How did you find out the news? Google news
What was your first reaction? Oh my f*ckING god.
Were you a member of these forums? I didn't know this place existed.

Atteez
  • Atteez

From crime to legit business

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:41 AM Edited by Ateez, 18 August 2013 - 03:44 AM.

Where were you? At my house, in my room.
What were you doing? Going through YouTube looking at random videos and montages
How did you find out the news? As far as I remember, I believe I saw a video by GTASeriesVideos titled: GTA V Announced (Either that or I found the first trailer immediately). I surprised myself and clicked on it purely out of curiosity. I played the video and saw nothing but the title design and some cool music playing in the background of the video. At first, I was like, "What is this, what is this?!" I became hyped and scrolled down to the comments, and there were a lot of people saying, "OMG, it's true, go to R*'s website!" I go to the website to check it out, and it was true!
What was your first reaction? I was very ecstatic. I was bouncing in my seat, shouting at the screen, "THIS IS REAL, THIS IS REAL! THANK YOU SO MUCH ROCKSTAR!!! Man, were those good times.
Were you a member of these forums? Ha ha, I wasn't. I've encountered this site a couple of times in the past, only because I was looking at it for hope of info and cheats for GTA 4. I thought it was one of those forums that were as dead as a ghost town, but it actually flourished with abundance. I think it was 2010 or 2011 I found all of this out, so I didn't join until a few years later.

Boss7dm
  • Boss7dm

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

Where were you? School
What were you doing? Class
How did you find out the news? I don't remember
What was your first reaction? New Gta ? lol.gif lol
Were you a member of these forums? No

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:48 AM

Where were you? At home
What were you doing? Eating Breakfast on my laptop waiting to go to school
How did you find out the news? Saw a topic that said "GTA V announced"
What was your first reaction? Thought it was bullsh*t until I clicked the link, then a giant smile warped across my face
Were you a member of these forums? Yes

Tense
  • Tense

Mr Zucchini

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

Where were you? Home.
What were you doing? Most likely touching myself.
How did you find out the news? I was browsing the GTA Next forums when one day the counter was at the top of the page!
What was your first reaction? Pretty pumped! Knew it was going be a loooongggg wait, though, but I've always enjoyed the speculative/hype build up anyway!
Were you a member of these forums? Certainly was. Been lurking in the shadows since the early IV development days.

What was I doing when I first watched the trailer? Touching myself.

Perrinzki
  • Perrinzki

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:44 AM

Where were you? - School, I'm in a special english group so I actually had that class after normal school hours.
What were you doing? - I was tired and hungry af, and since that day the english class was in the computer lab and it was getting over, I decided to check out if GTA V had been announced (I used to do this DAILY before that day), and I wasn't expecting anything at all, the home page of the browser was this MSN website where there are all kind of news (curiously because I had always checked at gtav.net), and suddenly while scrolling down to the entertainment section (I was just about to go to gtav.net), I see the GTA V logo and my jaw dropped.
How did you find out the news? - That MSN website where you find news about miscellaneous topics.
What was your first reaction? - Got extremely happy, and as soon as the class finished, I ran home to check this forums.
Were you a member of these forums? - No, but I was a lurker.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users