Quantcast

» «
Photo

Max Payne players will get boost in GTA Online...

120 replies to this topic
ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (TheIllaDopest @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 15:07)
QUOTE (ishish @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 17:36)
QUOTE (TheIllaDopest @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 22:32)
wow what a bunch of cry babies. If you didnt play MP3 then tough, R* wants to reward their real fans who play ALL their games. Besides like someone said, they were already gonna carry over the crew systems from MP3. Obviously only hardcore crew members are getting this benefit.....Good Luck to all you KONG ranks  biggrin.gif

Cry babies? I thought forums were designed as a place where people could input and discuss features (however seemingly small) and how they fit into the bigger picture? The principle of absolute fairness is one I'd want to promote... Even if it comes in the guise of a superficial avatar haircut, up to a double damage rocket launcher...

Don't let your inclination towards being a kiss-ass cloud your judgement.

Coming from a non MP3 player

im saying if you played mp3 you should get a bonus especially if your crew is high ranked in the SC

a) how do you know I'm not a Max Payne player?
b) why do you think you should get a bonus in a completely different game?

I used to play Call of Duty and when the new games came out, and I looked forward to the clean slate. Just because I'd prestiged in MW2 didn't mean I wanted to have some kind of boost in Black Ops, that would have taken the satisfaction away for me.
The challenge has always been more important than the victory to me. If that sentiment is not held by many of my fellow gamers, I can see the future;
"Buy 10 Kills for 120 Microsoft Points"

Rokit5
  • Rokit5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (ishish @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:44)
QUOTE (BioVirus @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 19:29)
QUOTE (ishish @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 12:46)
QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 22:40)
Probably just skins, I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm not sure I qualify as 'worrying'. I read the information and thought to myself I don't like that idea, and posted it on the only place I thought it had a place, a GTA forum. Like I said earlier, as a gaming community, it's best that a company knows where its fans stand before it announces something in stone. Once it's done that. it's will rarely let it go back on itself.

Microsoft DRM is an exception.

That's a very good point

cool.gif
Hopefully someone at Rockstar browses these pages! Oh and someone in this thread sent them mail, so that's probably enough to let them know we don't want boosts.

We? We who? You and the mouse in your pocket? Start a poll.

What is honestly wrong with players who supported R* and helped populated the SC crews getting a mask or skin. Think of it as a gift from Social Club. Another thing is that you repeatedly refer to any MP3 extras as a "boost". R* never said "boosts" -that is you spinning it!

Here is L. Benzie's quote;

' We've been working towards that for a while; started with Max Payne 3 and the Crews. The Crews you can take across and use them here, and we'll give you little bonuses if you've got a Max Payne character at a certain level'.

MP3 MP = my best multiplayer console experience ever.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

The only advantages an MP3 player should have, is the head start with V's gunplay, due to its similarity.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (ishish @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 17:25)
wow what a bunch of cry babies. If you didnt play MP3 then tough, R* wants to reward their real fans who play ALL their games. Besides like someone said, they were already gonna carry over the crew systems from MP3. Obviously only hardcore crew members are getting this benefit.....Good Luck to all you KONG ranks  biggrin.gif

Cry babies? I thought forums were designed as a place where people could input and discuss features (however seemingly small) and how they fit into the bigger picture? The principle of absolute fairness is one I'd want to promote... Even if it comes in the guise of a superficial avatar haircut, up to a double damage rocket launcher...

im saying if you played mp3 you should get a bonus especially if your crew is high ranked in the SC

I used to play Call of Duty and when the new games came out, and I looked forward to the clean slate. Just because I'd prestiged in MW2 didn't mean I wanted to have some kind of boost in Black Ops, that would have taken the satisfaction away for me.
The challenge has always been more important than the victory to me. If that sentiment is not held by many of my fellow gamers, I can see the future;

COD comes every year so yea have fun playing that

I think its just a way to say thanks to the loyal R* fans.
And besides its not were gonna start on a higher rank, well just get skins and maybe even Max Payne himself.

I just figured you dont play cuz youre complaining about how we should all start even when in fact the SE and CE and bringin some extras to the table. Its the same thing except that the people that have been busy the past 2 years playin the sh!t out of MP3, get and gift for it......and youre hating why???

Rokit5
  • Rokit5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

And to answer the OP's two later questions.

a) you probably wouldn't be so vehement about any minimal cosmetic items that you will not receive

b) while these are two separate games they are closely related and Social Club is the Crew portal for both games. By related I am referring to; both being R*, both using same engine, both using the same gun mechanics, etc.

high247
  • high247

@HighOnBeats

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:35 AM

If you buy the collector's edition you start with a boost. You get a garage and a electric car. Just sayin'...

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Rokit5 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 01:26)
And to answer the OP's two later questions.

a) you probably wouldn't be so vehement about any minimal cosmetic items that you will not receive

b) while these are two separate games they are closely related and Social Club is the Crew portal for both games.  By related I am referring to; both being R*, both using same engine, both using the same gun mechanics, etc.

a) If you'd of read earlier you'd see that the principle of the thing outweighs any selfish motive I might have to receive such reward. As used in my COD example, I would sacrifice my own 'bonuses' to reject the idea of that kind of thing being done by companies. Rewards in-game are fine, when done well. Cross game rewards, not so much.
This is a game. Not a restaurant or fashion chain that rewards for repeat custom. A game is about fairness. Not inclusion/exclusion. Please don't assume my stance would be different had I been a veteran Max Payne player.

b) Exactly my point. The mechanics are similar, why give those players more bonuses outside of the ones they will already receive? (better know-how).

As stated before, it may end up being cosmetic. But the principle still remains.

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (THEMANatwar @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 01:57)
Ehh, probably just a way to get some more sales on MP3.

Hey what are people called when they both game on the console and PC? I know your sig is just for fun to make some people who take it serious angry, heheh.. But I just am curious..
tounge.gif

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (TheIllaDopest @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 23:33)

And besides its not were gonna start on a higher rank, well just get skins and maybe even Max Payne himself.

I just figured you dont play cuz youre complaining about how we should all start even when in fact the SE and CE and bringin some extras to the table. Its the same thing except that the people that have been busy the past 2 years playin the sh!t out of MP3, get and gift for it......and youre hating why???

"COD comes every year so yea have fun playing that"

What? Did you read my post? That doesn't make sense.

By the way I dislike the idea of paid bonuses too, when you mentioned the SE and CE editions. I didn't say I was a fan of one and not the other. Just the Max Payne one has more of a bad smell, because it's cross game.

Why do you say I'm hating? Like I said, where else is a good place to discuss features you want/don't want, like/don't like than a GTA forum??! If everyone was like you with there money held out, no complaints, the world would be a lot sh*tter, you know that right?

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 21:58)
The only advantages an MP3 player should have, is the head start with V's gunplay, due to its similarity.

This.

SuperCrayon
  • SuperCrayon

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

You can't be fine with the collectors edition getting the electric car and garage but not ok with MP3 players getting some kind of bonus. Either they are both fine or neither of them are.

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (SuperCrayon @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 12:57)
You can't be fine with the collectors edition getting the electric car and garage but not ok with MP3 players getting some kind of bonus. Either they are both fine or neither of them are.

Good day young sir! Are you talking to anyone in particular? I'm unsure who said they were happy with one and not the other...

trevors685
  • trevors685

poo poo head

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

WELL SHUCKS. I bought Max Payne 3, but I never played multi-player. Guess I'm not a real fan.

Sirpepperoni
  • Sirpepperoni

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (trevors685 @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 00:13)

WELL SHUCKS. I bought Max Payne 3, but I never played multi-player. Guess I'm not a real fan.

Actually credits/ tokens rolled over for your previous prestige( so if you had prestige 1 in bo'1 you got a token in mw3)

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (ishish @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 01:49)
QUOTE (Shinsky @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 01:47)
At this point I wouldn't be too worried about it since they have not detailed the requirements. The people who they are rewarding are likely the top level players from MP3, the players who are likely to do well regardless of any bonuses.

I hear ya... But it's kind of like saying it's OK if they give Usain Bolt nitro boost roller skates, cos we know he's already gonna win!

Hahahah. What what nitro what what skates!?! Are they confirmed lol smile.gif

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Why are these "percs" likely to be? Im currently finishing up MP3 single player and will then have a good go at the multiplayer, purely to see if I obtain anything to carry over to GTA online.

Near137
  • Near137

Near

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

I don't know about you guys but I like this feature. It makes players who will get GTA V play Max Payne 3 more. icon14.gif But yeah, I'm sure the "boost" won't be that big.

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hold on while I put down my controller from playing MP3...

I'll truly shed a tear for you boys.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Exactly, I don't get why some people are upset when CE owner already have a head start.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 15:45)

Exactly, I don't get why some people are upset when CE owner already have a head start.

The people who buy the CE should deserve to get at least a little bit of a head start, they paid f*cking $150 for it. Furthermore, if the people that actually paid that much money only get a car and garage what do you think high level Max Payne players are going to get? It's going to be some stupid little pat on the back like a gun camo, definitely won't be on par with the people who paid for the game twice over.

Sirpepperoni
  • Sirpepperoni

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 01:45)

Because ppl here are dumb c*nts and think the world they live in is so fair that it must continue in this gaming universe...

Some people just never hop off their mummy's teat

arsenal_fan
  • arsenal_fan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

I don't care what they get, I'm not going back on Max Payne 3 multiplayer because it was terrible, it really is not worth it.

trevors685
  • trevors685

poo poo head

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (malcolmfunktion @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 15:32)
Why are these "percs" likely to be? Im currently finishing up MP3 single player and will then have a good go at the multiplayer, purely to see if I obtain anything to carry over to GTA online.

The ending is so brutal. I really hope we have that type of gore in GTA V. You're in for a treat.

SuperCrayon
  • SuperCrayon

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (Twiggy123 @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 15:54)

The people who buy the CE should deserve to get at least a little bit of a head start, they paid f*cking $150 for it. Furthermore, if the people that actually paid that much money only get a car and garage what do you think high level Max Payne players are going to get? It's going to be some stupid little pat on the back like a gun camo, definitely won't be on par with the people who paid for the game twice over.

Your logic. The people who bought the CE deserve a headstart because they paid more than the people who bought vanilla, so it is a reward of sorts.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that exactly the same as rewarding people for buying another R* product, MP3?

This entire argument is retarded. It's just the standard case of "I don't have that, which means i wont get it, so i am incredibly salty about that! Oh i have the CE now, i get something that others don't which is good so i wont complain...whats that? You don't have the CE too? Haha enjoy not getting the bonus content!"

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Like i said. You can't be fine with one and not fine with the other.

Also why in the blue hell are you all assuming that the MP3 players will be given millions of dollars and safehouses when the first start Online?

It will either be a Mask which were featured quite a bit in MP3 MP or it will be a skin which doesn't effect gameplay at all.

Macabro
  • Macabro

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Shinsky @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 01:47)
At this point I wouldn't be too worried about it since they have not detailed the requirements. The people who they are rewarding are likely the top level players from MP3, the players who are likely to do well regardless of any bonuses.

That kind of sounds like a good argument AGAINST the bonuses rather than for them.

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (SuperCrayon @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 17:35)
QUOTE (Twiggy123 @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 15:54)

Your logic. The people who bought the CE deserve a headstart because they paid more than the people who bought vanilla, so it is a reward of sorts.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that exactly the same as rewarding people for buying another R* product, MP3?

This entire argument is retarded. It's just the standard case of "I don't have that, which means i wont get it, so i am incredibly salty about that! Oh i have the CE now, i get something that others don't which is good so i wont complain...whats that? You don't have the CE too? Haha enjoy not getting the bonus content!"

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Like i said. You can't be fine with one and not fine with the other.

Also why in the blue hell are you all assuming that the MP3 players will be given millions of dollars and safehouses when the first start Online?

It will either be a Mask which were featured quite a bit in MP3 MP or it will be a skin which doesn't effect gameplay at all.

You're saying that as long as I got a fair share of the 'bonus' I'd be happy? Have you read the thread at all?
It's NOT about my selfish gains believe it or not... I'm talking of bonuses OUTSIDE of a game experience compared with IN-GAME bonuses, and the differences in principle.

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Sirpepperoni @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 15:58)
QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 01:45)

Because ppl here are dumb c*nts and think the world they live in is so fair that it must continue in this gaming universe...

Some people just never hop off their mummy's teat

So at some point in your life, you've decided 'life is unfair', and so any unfair scenario that you have encountered you've either let slide or even encouraged, as that's natural...?

Good luck with that, stranger.

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

All to do with customer loyalty, what do you expect? If you had a business and someone had recently bought a product of yours, you'd want to show them some sort of respect for their customer loyalty, and this is a technique of doing it.

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

It's another way to sell MP3 to us.

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

What level do we need to be to get the bonuses?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users