Quantcast

» «
Photo

Max Payne players will get boost in GTA Online...

120 replies to this topic
JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

Probably just skins, I wouldn't worry about it.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (SuperCrayon @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 22:37)
QUOTE (TheIllaDopest @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 22:32)
wow what a bunch of cry babies. If you didnt play MP3 then tough, R* wants to reward their real fans who play ALL their games. Besides like someone said, they were already gonna carry over the crew systems from MP3. Obviously only hardcore crew members are getting this benefit.....Good Luck to all you KONG ranks  biggrin.gif

Are KONG ranks the ones who get the bonus?

KONG Rank is the 1st time you play. When you get to 50 KONG you can go Legend....so no they will not

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (ishish @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 21:03)
QUOTE (BioVirus @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 21:01)
I don't understand. Why aren't they giving bonuses to people who spent their time to get a high level on GTA IV ?

I think I was the max level there was on GTA IV multiplayer.   How about a reward for that?  Why Max Payne 3 an unrelated franchise ???????????

Yes, especially as it's an unrelated franchise. But carrying over from IV would still be bad play I think.

Could be company loyalty I guess. Hardly any of the people that have GTAIV bought MP3 which is a bit depressing if you think about it, that and people demanding GTAV while Max Payne was still being marketed must have hurt them since they invested allot of time and money on a project like MP3 just for "fans" to brush it to one side and demand more GTA, I mean look at the ratings for this MP3 DLC trailer.

I see this as a way of rewarding fans who aren't just in it for GTA games but for all the other games they create aswell. It's probably not the case but I would like to think of it as R* sweet revenge for the people that boycotted MP3 so they would release more GTAV info, I bet some of those boycotters are rushing to buy a copy now.

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

I'm top rank in Max Payne 3 Multiplayer (PC) wooo free bonuses Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif (I hope..since it's PC version, but they are pushing social club being 'universal' more than ever. colgate.gif )

If you haven't played Max Payne 3, go play it! It's great fun online in my opinion.

MetalMilitia
  • MetalMilitia

Dimebag

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

Im guessing i need to start playing max payne again

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 17:50)
I don't understand. Why aren't they giving bonuses to people who spent their time to get a high level on GTA IV ?

I think I was the max level there was on GTA IV multiplayer.   How about a reward for that?  Why Max Payne 3 an unrelated franchise ???????????

Yes, especially as it's an unrelated franchise. But carrying over from IV would still be bad play I think.

Could be company loyalty I guess. Hardly any of the people that have GTAIV bought MP3 which is a bit depressing if you think about it, that and people demanding GTAV while Max Payne was still being marketed must have hurt them since they invested allot of time and money on a project like MP3 just for "fans" to brush it to one side and demand more GTA, I mean look at the ratings for this MP3 DLC trailer.

I see this as a way of rewarding fans who aren't just in it for GTA games but for all the other games they create aswell. It's probably not the case but I would like to think of it as R* sweet revenge for the people that boycotted MP3 so they would release more GTAV info, I bet some of those boycotters are rushing to buy a copy now.

If what you say is true, it only pisses me off and would make me refuse to buy any more Rockstar games.

But your post is full of guessing and non-facts. Just your opinion.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (BioVirus @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 23:33)
QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 17:50)

If what you say is true, it only pisses me off and would make me refuse to buy any more Rockstar games.

But your post is full of guessing and non-facts. Just your opinion.

Yeah your right there could be a totally different reason, but that's the only reason I could think of right now.

Just curious but why would that scenario make you pissed at R*? They would only be rewarding loyal fans with something that's probably only cosmetic or just a small amount of online currency, I really doubt they are giving the MP3 players something crazy like bullet time or a sh*t load of xp. Why get mad at them for something that's likely to be a small reward? With that logic you should also be mad at them for giving people that bought the collectors edition an exclusive car, and garage.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by BioVirus, 19 August 2013 - 05:25 AM.

QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 18:59)
Yeah your right there could be a totally different reason, but that's the only reason I could think of right now.

Just curious but why would that scenario make you pissed at R*? They would only be rewarding loyal fans with something that's probably only cosmetic or just a small amount of online currency, I really doubt they are giving the MP3 players something crazy like bullet time or a sh*t load of xp. Why get mad at them for something that's likely to be a small reward? With that logic you should also be mad at them for giving people that bought the collectors edition an exclusive car, and garage.

It would piss me off because I am a loyal fan too, of THIS franchise, and I get squat. I don't like Max Payne games, so what?

I bought and played the crap out of GTA III.
I bought Vice City on release day.

I stood in line at midnight release in 2004 for GTA San Andreas at EB games or whatever it used to be called. I actually picked it up at 5-6 PM because they called all reservations in early.

I stood in line at midnight release in 2008 for GTA IV.

I bought every single expansion or DLC for all those games.

Am I not loyal to GTA? Also, I did buy and play RDR, another open world game.

I don't count? What about my playtime on GTA IV ? This is why it would piss me off. Max Payne players get boosts, but loyal GTA or GTA IV players don't get squat? I was maxed level in GTA IV multiplayer. That's bogus.

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (BioVirus @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 04:54)
QUOTE (Gregers08 @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 18:59)

It would piss me off because I am a loyal fan too, of THIS franchise, and I get squat. I don't like Max Payne games, so what?

I bought and played the crap out of GTA III.
I bought Vice City on release day.

I stood in line at midnight release in 2004 for GTA San Andreas at EB games or whatever it used to be called. I actually picked it up at 5-6 PM because they called all reservations in early.

I stood in line at midnight release in 2008 for GTA IV.

I bought every single expansion or DLC for all those games.

Am I not loyal to GTA? Also, I did buy and play RDR, another open world game.

I don't count? What about my playtime on GTA IV ? This is why it would piss me off. Max Payne players get boosts, but loyal GTA or GTA IV players don't get squat? I was maxed level in GTA IV multiplayer. That's f*cking bogus.

Stop getting so upset. It's because Max Payne 3 introduced Crews and the seamless stat integration with Social Club.

clax302
  • clax302

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:24 AM

You have two weeks to play the game and get used to the mechanics before you can go online. Thats plenty of time to get used to it.

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

wow what a bunch of cry babies. If you didnt play MP3 then tough, R* wants to reward their real fans who play ALL their games. Besides like someone said, they were already gonna carry over the crew systems from MP3. Obviously only hardcore crew members are getting this benefit.....Good Luck to all you KONG ranks biggrin.gif

Cry babies? I thought forums were designed as a place where people could input and discuss features (however seemingly small) and how they fit into the bigger picture? The principle of absolute fairness is one I'd want to promote... Even if it comes in the guise of a superficial avatar haircut, up to a double damage rocket launcher...

Don't let your inclination towards being a kiss-ass cloud your judgement.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

I think it'll register if someone has legend status, not give you that level, you'll start at one with everyone else.
But a few extra customisable bonuses.
IMO.

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (MetalMilitia @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 23:23)
Im guessing i need to start playing max payne again

...and I guess that it one of the main motivations behind making this 'a thing'. Rockstar moves more copies of Max Payne.

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 22:40)

I'm not sure I qualify as 'worrying'. I read the information and thought to myself I don't like that idea, and posted it on the only place I thought it had a place, a GTA forum. Like I said earlier, as a gaming community, it's best that a company knows where its fans stand before it announces something in stone. Once it's done that. it's will rarely let it go back on itself.

Microsoft DRM is an exception.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (ishish @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 12:46)

I'm not sure I qualify as 'worrying'. I read the information and thought to myself I don't like that idea, and posted it on the only place I thought it had a place, a GTA forum. Like I said earlier, as a gaming community, it's best that a company knows where its fans stand before it announces something in stone. Once it's done that. it's will rarely let it go back on itself.

That's a very good point

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (BioVirus @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 19:29)
QUOTE (ishish @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 12:46)

That's a very good point

cool.gif
Hopefully someone at Rockstar browses these pages! Oh and someone in this thread sent them mail, so that's probably enough to let them know we don't want boosts.

Doctor_Baconator
  • Doctor_Baconator

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Probably a small level boost and a few more thousand dollars. You could probably manage that by doing a few robberies and missions with your friends when online arrives.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

n00b irritant

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

I don't think it will be that much. Even then, how many people got that high of a level in Max Payne 3 multiplayer? Everyone I know wouldn't play it, which was half the reason I stopped playing it.

ThirdDruid
  • ThirdDruid

Murderous War Dragon Commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

I do think if you have played Max Payne 3, You will have a big boost to already knowing the controls. The controls in GTA 5 will be very similar to Max Payne. That means former Max Payne 3 players will def have an advantage when GTA 5 online multiplayer comes out. As regards to the bonuses for being a high lvl in MP3. I highly recommend it because it's a pain playing MP and i think rockstar should reward us..

SuperCrayon
  • SuperCrayon

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Since masks are a big part of 5, id say it will probably be one of the masks you get in MP3. I doubt it will be a unique weapon, could possibly be a Max Payne skin or outfit though. I also don't expect it to be a money boost.

oRNoKrazK1ipz
  • oRNoKrazK1ipz

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

If everyone remember they used GTA V to promote Max Payne.(The famous bait & switch)So they should reward people who bought it a lil smokey smoke on smoke.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (ishish @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 17:36)
wow what a bunch of cry babies. If you didnt play MP3 then tough, R* wants to reward their real fans who play ALL their games. Besides like someone said, they were already gonna carry over the crew systems from MP3. Obviously only hardcore crew members are getting this benefit.....Good Luck to all you KONG ranks  biggrin.gif

Cry babies? I thought forums were designed as a place where people could input and discuss features (however seemingly small) and how they fit into the bigger picture? The principle of absolute fairness is one I'd want to promote... Even if it comes in the guise of a superficial avatar haircut, up to a double damage rocket launcher...

Don't let your inclination towards being a kiss-ass cloud your judgement.

Coming from a non MP3 player

im saying if you played mp3 you should get a bonus especially if your crew is high ranked in the SC

clevertrev
  • clevertrev

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

OK, so has anyone else realized that this could be a blessing in disguise, or even a disadvantage to the higher ranked crews???. lets look at it from another point of view.You & your crew had quite a high rank in MP3 so you get all this extra stuff ,which the newbs who didn't play MP3 will soon get anyway as they rank up.
BUT when you start playing GTV online although you got all this cool stuff you find that in MP you are now always matched against people with the same rank, not so easy to win or level up now is it.
Just a thought.

Orestone
  • Orestone

The down-low

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

I actually don't like that MP3 players get a boost, even though i own MP3.
I really dont even like that the SE and CE get some special boosts, I want us all to start flat ass broke, trying to build an empire!

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Beep, Beep!

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

WTF?!? What's the connection between Max Payne 3 and GTAV ?!? nervous.gif confused.gif

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Shinsky @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 21:59)
Wouldn't surprise me, It certainly got me back into the Max Payne 3 multiplayer.

It just might bring me back too. I'm thinking the boost will be cosmetic items that you can't get anywhere else. How is MP3 MP? I've played a total of probably 2 games after beating the SP and literally haven't touched MP since. Is it worth it to give it another shot?

podyx
  • podyx

Money Maker

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

wow this is kinda disappointing tounge.gif

SuperCrayon
  • SuperCrayon

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (kev210 @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 16:12)
WTF?!? What's the connection between Max Payne 3 and GTAV ?!? nervous.gif confused.gif

That they are both R* games. This isn't anything new you know. Quite a few games have done this before.

oRNoKrazK1ipz
  • oRNoKrazK1ipz

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

If anyone decides to play Max Payne 3 to get the extras for GTA Online hit me up on Xbox Live oRNo KraZ K1ipz

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Orestone @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 16:04)
I actually don't like that MP3 players get a boost, even though i own MP3.
I really dont even like that the SE and CE get some special boosts, I want us all to start flat ass broke, trying to build an empire!

Amen!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users