Quantcast

» «
Photo

Max Payne players will get boost in GTA Online...

120 replies to this topic
gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

@ if that is all it is then I'm cool with that. It sounded like people will get access to 'game advancing' tools which is unfair imo.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

Sooner or later you'll be able to buy all these bonuses anyways, so it's probably not a big deal. I'm not a fan of it either, since GTA is a completely different game than Max Payne, and I don't think that these two games should have anything to do with each other, even if it's just the multiplayer rank.

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 19:55)
@ if that is all it is then I'm cool with that. It sounded like people will get access to 'game advancing' tools which is unfair imo.

Yeah, doesn't hurt to write a letter. It's harder for a company to go back on something it's announced, but it hasn't announced what exactly the bonuses are. So who knows.. you might have changed the course of history and made them see the light!

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

I think I read in a preview that the Max Payne players get double health, Airstrike and a tank in their garage

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (SuperDuperGta @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 20:07)
I think I read in a preview that the Max Payne players get double health, Airstrike and a tank in their garage

I hope that's a bad joke.

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

I doubt the bonuses will offer a huge advantage. Besides, I don't see why Rockstar shouldn't get away with it if companies like Valve do a similar thing.

I'd only be pissed if owning Max Payne 3 gave your GTAO character the ability to shootdodge. tounge.gif

Also, I loved MP3 multiplayer. MP3 is one of the few games that delivers on all fronts--shame about the userbase, though. Rockstar's servers just weren't ready for a shooter like Max Payne.
Haven't played the multiplayer in a while, but I was close to hitting Legend.

To be honest, I only expected user-created crews from MP3 to get bonuses, but I think this is cool. So long as it's cosmetic, I'm fine.

Mr Mann
  • Mr Mann

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

I wouldn't worry too much, I think GTA Online will be ruined by trolls anyway.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Shinsky @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 20:56)
QUOTE (ishish @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 01:49)

I hear ya... But it's kind of like saying it's OK if they give Usain Bolt nitro boost roller skates, cos we know he's already gonna win!

Touche... In my opinion however, I think the bonuses players get will not be ones that give them an advantage but more along the lines of special cars, gun skins, clothes, money, and identifying tags for your IGN.

This is a horrible thing to do.

I am not a Max Payne player, I am a GTA player. How about giving me some cool stuff for being loyal and having a high level on GTA IV ???????

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

oh sh*t!! i have to rank up in MP3 im just on rank 8

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (sublimelabs @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 20:39)
I doubt the bonuses will offer a huge advantage. Besides, I don't see why Rockstar shouldn't get away with it if companies like Valve do a similar thing.

I'd only be pissed if owning Max Payne 3 gave your GTAO character the ability to shootdodge. tounge.gif

Also, I loved MP3 multiplayer. MP3 is one of the few games that delivers on all fronts--shame about the userbase, though. Rockstar's servers just weren't ready for a shooter like Max Payne.
Haven't played the multiplayer in a while, but I was close to hitting Legend.

To be honest, I only expected user-created crews from MP3 to get bonuses, but I think this is cool. So long as it's cosmetic, I'm fine.

Agreed, cosmetic and I won't be losing sleep. But I'd still prefer no bonuses outside of the game world. If you see someone with a car, mask, house etc you want, it would be good to know you could get it. You paid for the same game like they did.

As much as they're rewarding players who played the sh*t out of Max Payne, they're punishing players who didn't.

ImmortalXEagle
  • ImmortalXEagle

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 19:20)
Kk Ive just sent this off - not sure if it will get to them... (please others follow this up as this is stupid for them to do)
----------------------------
Hi

I'm not sure if this E-mail will get to you but hopefully it will.
I'm a member of GTAForums and a fan of the series. I own Max Payne 3 and am of a high'ish level L37...

But please, with regards to GTAO, please do not give ANYONE an advantage or disadvantage when you guys start this epic massive service. It doesn't make sense for this awesome service to be un-balanced from the start or ANYWHERE at ANY TIME along it, apart from the players earning it from within GTAO. I'm surprised you are going to do this because your contradicting yourselves...

The people that own the SE and CE will not be taking there extra properties or garages or items along with them to the online world. That makes sense. The stats that your single campaigns character/s gain will again NOT be tranfered across because again this would give people a different starting point.

Please re-think giving Max Payne 3 player or ANYONE an advantage... it just doesn't make sense!

Thanks
------------------------------

so yea - this was sent about 2 mins ago

I urge others, especially people that have done this type of thing b4, to email them. I did google mail to their [email protected] address thingy ... will this get to them?

I bought the Collectors Edition and we are getting a garage and an exclusive car for GTA:O

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

I don't understand. Why aren't they giving bonuses to people who spent their time to get a high level on GTA IV ?

I think I was the max level there was on GTA IV multiplayer. How about a reward for that? Why Max Payne 3 an unrelated franchise ???????????

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (BioVirus @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 21:01)
I don't understand. Why aren't they giving bonuses to people who spent their time to get a high level on GTA IV ?

I think I was the max level there was on GTA IV multiplayer. How about a reward for that? Why Max Payne 3 an unrelated franchise ???????????

Yes, especially as it's an unrelated franchise. But carrying over from IV would still be bad play I think.

zenjiro
  • zenjiro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

What a bunch of jealous whiny little kids. sigh.gif sigh.gif rolleyes.gif . As someone who played nothing but Max Payne 3 for an entire year as it was my favorite game why shouldnt dedicated players get something extra? As far as that goes you have absolutely No idea what it is. You only are upset because you are not being given something that others who spent more time with the game than you did are getting. get mad about it or just stop caring and move on. Odds are it will not be that significant at all and something minor like clothing (perhaps max's Hawaiian shirt for our multiplayer character).

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (ishish @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 16:03)

I think I was the max level there was on GTA IV multiplayer.  How about a reward for that?  Why Max Payne 3 an unrelated franchise ???????????

Yes, especially as it's an unrelated franchise. But carrying over from IV would still be bad play I think.

Yeah. NO idea why Rockstar would do this.

Max Payne 3 but not GTA IV ?????

The Jard Man
  • The Jard Man

Do Wun

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Nemesis2252 @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 03:26)
never played Max Payne, any of them. I'll be at a disadvantage it looks like.... gives me the perfect opportunity to insert:

started from the bottom now we're here!

NO WAY, you're missing out on 3 very well made and emotional games with a brilliant storyline and plot!!!!!

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

Whoo! free sh*t for me! biggrin.gif
That month of MP3 was quite an interesting experience.

SuperCrayon
  • SuperCrayon

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

Some of the sh*t you people are saying makes me embarrassed to not only come here, but to be a gamer.

Especially gta5freemode4eva, good f*cking lord. The amount of salt in here in incredible.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (The Jard Man @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 22:43)
never played Max Payne, any of them. I'll be at a disadvantage it looks like.... gives me the perfect opportunity to insert:

NO WAY, you're missing out on 3 very well made and emotional games with a brilliant storyline and plot!!!!!

I have played every Max Payne game, sure it had a cool story, but it wasn't really emotional.
At least in my opinion anyways

xAtreyux
  • xAtreyux

JB

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

Im level 50 prestige 10 on Max Payne 3 so that's all good for me

mbunleashed09
  • mbunleashed09

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

Wow, glad my MP3 character is level 35.

I think if the player is level 50 it shouldn't affect the skill level, like in the Last of Us it just gave you perks and upgrades.

I think the player will still start w/ 0$, just leveled up to level 5 or 10. And it will unlock items like clothes, weapon upgrades, etc..

mbunleashed09
  • mbunleashed09

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

Haha, hilarious! icon14.gif

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

That's kind of bs. Should give everyone a chance to get themselves on the leaderboards instead of giving people advantages just because they own another one of R*'s games. WHATEVURR.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (BioVirus @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 21:42)
QUOTE (ishish @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 16:03)

I think I was the max level there was on GTA IV multiplayer.   How about a reward for that?  Why Max Payne 3 an unrelated franchise ???????????

Yeah. NO idea why Rockstar would do this.

Max Payne 3 but not GTA IV ?????

It's only for the crew system, Jeez. MP3's crew system was already designed and ready to be transferred to the GTA V universe because they are mixing MP3 gunplay, and all the other games together.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

Im not too bothered about it, out of 16 players in a lobby there might be 1 or 2 people who would have those benefits. Plus we dont even know if the boosts they will be getting will be any significant, it could just be some money.

SuperCrayon
  • SuperCrayon

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (assmillk @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 21:57)
That's kind of bs. Should give everyone a chance to get themselves on the leaderboards instead of giving people advantages just because they own another one of R*'s games. WHATEVURR.

It's as much an advantage as someone having the CE or SE, yet i don't hear you crying about those. You can't have a problem with one but not the other.

You are all flipping your sh*t over what will most likely be a unique mask or outfit. I don't know where some of you are getting MP players starting with millions of dollars and rpgs and sh*t.

zenjiro
  • zenjiro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

The amount of ass hurt here is incredible

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

wow what a bunch of cry babies. If you didnt play MP3 then tough, R* wants to reward their real fans who play ALL their games. Besides like someone said, they were already gonna carry over the crew systems from MP3. Obviously only hardcore crew members are getting this benefit.....Good Luck to all you KONG ranks biggrin.gif

SuperCrayon
  • SuperCrayon

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (TheIllaDopest @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 22:32)
wow what a bunch of cry babies. If you didnt play MP3 then tough, R* wants to reward their real fans who play ALL their games. Besides like someone said, they were already gonna carry over the crew systems from MP3. Obviously only hardcore crew members are getting this benefit.....Good Luck to all you KONG ranks biggrin.gif

Are KONG ranks the ones who get the bonus?

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

The Business

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

Well then, I guess it's about time I start ranking up biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users