Quantcast

» «
Photo

Max Payne players will get boost in GTA Online...

120 replies to this topic
ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:43 AM

I read on GTAV.net;

"if your multiplayer character at Max Payne 3 had a high level, it will be carried over to GTA: Online for more bonuses that you will unlock."

Reading through their list summarising the facts of the GTA:O reveal, I was mostly pleased and nodding along. Just that line bothered me.

Giving veteran Max Payne players, who already have a great feel for a game that has very similar gunplay mechanics, another boost...
...against all new players, some that will be new to the franchise even, seems a little unnecessary. I know if I get killed in the game by somebody, I don't wanna be given a reason to have an excuse at the ready;
"He probably got those boosts".

What do you think?

I'd like for Rockstar to possibly re-think that aspect. I know they showed links with GTAV when Max Payne released (Crews), but maybe it should stop there. Is this the way to go about rewarding long term players...? Most of whom will be looking for a new challenge, and not a turkey shoot, I'm sure.

Shinsky
  • Shinsky

Superintendent

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:47 AM

At this point I wouldn't be too worried about it since they have not detailed the requirements. The people who they are rewarding are likely the top level players from MP3, the players who are likely to do well regardless of any bonuses.

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (Shinsky @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 01:47)
At this point I wouldn't be too worried about it since they have not detailed the requirements. The people who they are rewarding are likely the top level players from MP3, the players who are likely to do well regardless of any bonuses.

I hear ya... But it's kind of like saying it's OK if they give Usain Bolt nitro boost roller skates, cos we know he's already gonna win!

Shinsky
  • Shinsky

Superintendent

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (ishish @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 01:49)

I hear ya... But it's kind of like saying it's OK if they give Usain Bolt nitro boost roller skates, cos we know he's already gonna win!

Touche... In my opinion however, I think the bonuses players get will not be ones that give them an advantage but more along the lines of special cars, gun skins, clothes, money, and identifying tags for your IGN.

THEMANatwar
  • THEMANatwar

Work Hard, Play Hard

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

Ehh, probably just a way to get some more sales on MP3.

Shinsky
  • Shinsky

Superintendent

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

Wouldn't surprise me, It certainly got me back into the Max Payne 3 multiplayer.

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (Shinsky @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 01:56)
QUOTE (ishish @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 01:49)

Touche... In my opinion however, I think the bonuses players get will not be ones that give them an advantage but more along the lines of special cars, gun skins, clothes, money, and identifying tags for your IGN.

Yeah could be. I would rather it was that.
Still seems unnecessary to me though. If you paid for Max Payne (like me!) then the game was reward enough. Cross game purchase incentives smack of unfairness to me.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

To me the only way this wouldn't be total bullshiit is if you simply unlock items or skins EARLIER than a non-bonus player because the high level from Max Payne carries over. I see no mention of "exclusive" items though, so I'm not too worried about It.

Shinsky
  • Shinsky

Superintendent

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (B3ANTOWN B3A5T @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 02:37)
To me the only way this wouldn't be total bullshiit is if you simply unlock items or skins EARLIER than a non-bonus player because the high level from Max Payne carries over. I see no mention of "exclusive" items though, so I'm not too worried about It.

Leslie Benzies confirmed the bonuses during his interview with CVG. Interview, It is the first Q&A on the 3rd page.

vwnut13
  • vwnut13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:23 AM

I downloaded Max Payne 3 last night.

After ten minutes of loading screens for an online match I gave up. That's absolutely horrible.

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (ishish @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 01:43)
I read on GTAV.net;

"if your multiplayer character at Max Payne 3 had a high level, it will be carried over to GTA: Online for more bonuses that you will unlock."

Reading through their list summarising the facts of the GTA:O reveal, I was mostly pleased and nodding along. Just that line bothered me.

Giving veteran Max Payne players, who already have a great feel for a game that has very similar gunplay mechanics, another boost...
            ...against all new players, some that will be new to the franchise even, seems a little unnecessary. I know if I get killed in the game by somebody, I don't wanna be given a reason to have an excuse at the ready;

What do you think?

I'd like for Rockstar to possibly re-think that aspect. I know they showed links with GTAV when Max Payne released (Crews), but maybe it should stop there. Is this the way to go about rewarding long term players...? Most of whom will be looking for a new challenge, and not a turkey shoot, I'm sure.

It's the same problem with Call of Duty. If you have good players on the other team, they will do well, and doing well will get them the kill streaks which will completely annihilate you and your team. It ruins the fun. And people wonder why people rage quit.

When I start GTA Online:
"Hi welcome to GTA Online for the first time, here is your pistol and $5. Goodluck."

When a Max Payne veteran starts:
"Hi welcome to GTA Online for the first time, here is a rocket launcher, $1,000,000 and you are promoted to level 10.

*immediately dies*

looks like it's time to play some Max Payne lol

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:26 AM

never played Max Payne, any of them. I'll be at a disadvantage it looks like.... gives me the perfect opportunity to insert:

started from the bottom now we're here!

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:28 AM

Maybe it's just bonus clothing, hairstyle, and face options? Like, if you were a high enough rank, you could make your guy look like Max Payne or something?

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (Bantri @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 22:25)
QUOTE (ishish @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 01:43)
I read on GTAV.net;

What do you think?

It's the same problem with Call of Duty. If you have good players on the other team, they will do well, and doing well will get them the kill streaks which will completely annihilate you and your team. It ruins the fun. And people wonder why people rage quit.

When I start GTA Online:
"Hi welcome to GTA Online for the first time, here is your pistol and $5. Goodluck."

"Hi welcome to GTA Online for the first time, here is a rocket launcher, $1,000,000 and you are promoted to level 10.

*immediately dies*

Just like you show it I don't see how its really fair.

MP3 high level players already know a lot about how the gunplay works and now most likely they will get an extra weapon or get it earlier than we do is just not fair. We bought the same game and should the same stuff at start.

Even hearing this I'm not going to go play MP3 cause I hated the MP. One of the worst I ever played.

adam212abc
  • adam212abc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:30 AM

I don't think they will be too significant. maybe an outfit or something.

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (adam212abc @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 03:30)

A Max Payne outfit maybe. Or Max Payne as a character.

I remember back for PS2 Rockstar had the thing for Midnight Club, if you had a save file for Smuggler's Run on your memory card, you unlocked a really fast buggy to drive in free roam.

ishish
  • ishish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Bantri @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 03:33)
QUOTE (adam212abc @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 03:30)

A Max Payne outfit maybe. Or Max Payne as a character.

I remember back for PS2 Rockstar had the thing for Midnight Club, if you had a save file for Smuggler's Run on your memory card, you unlocked a really fast buggy to drive in free roam.

Yeah, I'm worried it's something like that. If players who are better get better kit to play with it doesn't give the same sense of fair play. It looks as though Rockstar have dedicated a lot of resources to producing Online, and the way people see it from the start will have an effect on how many people continue to play. Why has chess been so popular for thousands of years? It's fair.
Most players don't want cheats and shortcuts. And people who don't get them don't want to feel a part of the game has been removed for them when they've paid for it. It'd be reassuring to look around and see everyone playing with the kit they deserve because they earned it...in GTA!

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

I completely agree OP. I think this is an unfair advantage. In GTAO - EVERYONE should start the same... EVERYONE. That is the only fair way to get this epic massive online thing going. If people get a head start because of a completely unrelated game then that's bollocks in my opinion (and I am a good level on MP3 might I add).

EVERYONE should start at the same level with no advantages or disadvantages. Someone needs to mouthoff to them (I don't know how to).

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

I already own Max Payne 3 on PC and PS3 but that really disappointed me because I am probably level 15 or so on the PS3, I gave up months ago after I realized how dead the game is and how much of a boring grind it was, on PC however all I met were hackers so I stopped around level 3. Hoping I get some kind of "boost" at least, if not.. oh well.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Max Payne 3 Multiplayer sucked huge balls, apart from customization, crews and coop, every mode was sh*t, and the balance was horrendous. Single player on the other hand was outstanding.

Why have high-level bonuses from a COMPLETELY unrelated game? Rockstar deserves every boycott they can get from this. But I won't be boycotting, I rarely ever play GTA MP anyways.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

I have Max Payne 3 but never played online. I don't think it'll be anything major that those who did will unlock. I'm all for cross game unlocks providing they are just cosmetic and won't give players a advantage. Maybe it will be this:

user posted image

The Guerrilla mask from the Guerrilla warfare pack would be a neat bonus and nothing that gives players a advantage over others. monocle.gif

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

If MP3 has one then I want a reward for going 5 legend in RDR.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (vwnut13 @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 20:23)
I downloaded Max Payne 3 last night.

After ten minutes of loading screens for an online match I gave up. That's absolutely horrible.

No one plays it anymore. No Point.

IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 20:57)
I completely agree OP. I think this is an unfair advantage. In GTAO - EVERYONE should start the same... EVERYONE. That is the only fair way to get this epic massive online thing going. If people get a head start because of a completely unrelated game then that's bollocks in my opinion (and I am a good level on MP3 might I add).

EVERYONE should start at the same level with no advantages or disadvantages. Someone needs to mouthoff to them (I don't know how to).

Thank you.

What he said. cookie.gif

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

QUOTE (redx165 @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 14:04)
If MP3 has one then I want a reward for going 5 legend in RDR.

I would also like one for buttoning my shirt correctly on the first try.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Bantri @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 03:25)
When I start GTA Online:

"Hi welcome to GTA Online for the first time, here is a rocket launcher, $1,000,000 and you are promoted to level 10."

And Rockstar starts charging $60 for Max Payne 3 again, making $500M in the next 6 weeks. sigh.gif

Here's my idea of a bonus:

"Hi welcome to GTA Online for the first time, here is your fat Max avatar and Hawaiian shirt outfit. Thanks for being a loyal Max Payne 3 customer smile.gif "

Water Pipes
  • Water Pipes

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

I think it's a selfish move on R*'s part. They just want more MP3 players to buy the game although they will hold an advantage over the people that didn't play MP3 or that weren't a high level. Also people may buy MP3 just to rank up in ready for GTA V. Seems silly but I'm sure there are people that are doing so.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:20 PM Edited by gta5freemode4eva, 17 August 2013 - 07:22 PM.

Kk Ive just sent this off - not sure if it will get to them... (please others follow this up as this is stupid for them to do)
----------------------------
Hi

I'm not sure if this E-mail will get to you but hopefully it will.
I'm a member of GTAForums and a fan of the series. I own Max Payne 3 and am of a high'ish level L37...

But please, with regards to GTAO, please do not give ANYONE an advantage or disadvantage when you guys start this epic massive service. It doesn't make sense for this awesome service to be un-balanced from the start or ANYWHERE at ANY TIME along it, apart from the players earning it from within GTAO. I'm surprised you are going to do this because your contradicting yourselves...

The people that own the SE and CE will not be taking there extra properties or garages or items along with them to the online world. That makes sense. The stats that your single campaigns character/s gain will again NOT be tranfered across because again this would give people a different starting point.

Please re-think giving Max Payne 3 player or ANYONE an advantage... it just doesn't make sense!

Thanks
------------------------------

so yea - this was sent about 2 mins ago

I urge others, especially people that have done this type of thing b4, to email them. I did google mail to their [email protected] address thingy ... will this get to them?

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 19:03)
I have Max Payne 3 but never played online. I don't think it'll be anything major that those who did will unlock. I'm all for cross game unlocks providing they are just cosmetic and won't give players a advantage. Maybe it will be this:

user posted image

The Guerrilla mask from the Guerrilla warfare pack would be a neat bonus and nothing that gives players a advantage over others. monocle.gif

This icon14.gif If you played Max Payne 3 you would know they gave little exclusives (nothing that gives you an advantage) like masks and shirts fore the founding crews and crews who won competitions, no one ever said we're going to have rocket launchers and better body armour or else everyone would complain like crazy like everyone already is on this forum since this got picked up.

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:36 PM Edited by One Poor Fool, 17 August 2013 - 07:40 PM.

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 19:20)
Kk Ive just sent this off - not sure if it will get to them... (please others follow this up as this is stupid for them to do)
----------------------------
Hi

I'm not sure if this E-mail will get to you but hopefully it will.
I'm a member of GTAForums and a fan of the series. I own Max Payne 3 and am of a high'ish level L37...

But please, with regards to GTAO, please do not give ANYONE an advantage or disadvantage when you guys start this epic massive service. It doesn't make sense for this awesome service to be un-balanced from the start or ANYWHERE at ANY TIME along it, apart from the players earning it from within GTAO. I'm surprised you are going to do this because your contradicting yourselves...

The people that own the SE and CE will not be taking there extra properties or garages or items along with them to the online world. That makes sense. The stats that your single campaigns character/s gain will again NOT be tranfered across because again this would give people a different starting point.

Please re-think giving Max Payne 3 player or ANYONE an advantage... it just doesn't make sense!

Thanks
------------------------------

so yea - this was sent about 2 mins ago

I urge others, especially people that have done this type of thing b4, to email them. I did google mail to their [email protected] address thingy ... will this get to them?

Relax bro, i am gonna GUARANTEE you right now there will be no "advantages" for these players unless you think looking bad ass in our exclusive gas masks is an advantage! Also, you say you are level 37, if you play a couple nights a week and take part in the next triple xp event you can go legend and will be entitled to these bonuses also

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users