» «
Photo

GTA IV Hull (UK) Mod WIP

16 replies to this topic
iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:16 PM Edited by iwerez, 16 August 2013 - 10:16 PM.

.:GTA IV - Hull

Ive been on this forum as a lurker for a while and have seen a fair amount of threads started looking/begging for beginners advice etc. This thread isnt for that, i just wanted to show any UK guys on here the progress on a map ive started; recreating Kingston Upon Hull from the UK. Obviously starting from my own street and branching out, utilizing the modularity of the modelling work. So for reference here is the street i started at (Should be easy enough to compare with the youtube vid);

.:Location comparison and current updates

https://maps.google....170a6f432d70e13

And the Youtube video to go along with it :

And current asset being made :

user posted image

Of course i will accept any and all help or suggestions from poeple, im particular looking for help with exporting smoothing groups. As everything i export gets set to 1 all over by default, no matter what configuration i use. Also is there a limit to cell size, area boundaries etc. And finally, Ive done this all from Still Dre's youtube tutorial, which as im sure most of you know isnt as in depth for more advanced areas (Dynamic gates swinging, Fracturing systems, Paths and roads etc) So any direction for that would be sweet!

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

user posted image

Reworked the door and created some textures for the garden and walls based of photographs i took. Not entirely sure how im going to tackle the ground yet, i know im going to use texture painting/blending on Gims, but last time i tried the tiling of the materials varied too much and i couldnt change it.

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

user posted image

Been a busy bee, Got some windows and sheds done and populated about 20%

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

New video demo-ing the stuff i added and the problems i have at the minute, problems listed in the vid description and i roughly know most of the causes.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

Looks pretty cool icon14.gif is this going to be just a map mod, or a whole TC?

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:09 AM Edited by Frank.s, 18 August 2013 - 03:28 PM.

I know how to fix those bugs, check my p.m iwerez icon14.gif

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

Hey Frank! i just saw your inbox and i WILL reply to it when im not tired/working, hopefully tomorrow, sounds interesting about fixing my current issues especially tounge.gif

universetwisters - Total Conversion is the goal, however far i can take it really. In my mind i want at least the full Noddle Hill Road area with corresponding estate areas, maybe some ped reskins based of cliche character around the area, and voices. I havent thought much outside of that due to the lack of (Or my inability to find) GTA IV mapping tutorials outside of the basics. What Frank has messaged me seemed to nip that issue in the bud though.

user posted image

Created a roof asset that can scale however big it needs to whilst keeping texture tiling (No mesh cuts needed) and got it in place. Already im seeing issues with how i i manage the exporting with such a large amount of things, seems tedious having to constantly rename and assign dummies.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

Glad to see progress icon14.gif

Just out of wondering, will there be trains in the mod? I know there's a decent sized train station there, so there would most likely be trains. Seeing as all the subway trains in IV use the same model, you could probably remodel them into DMU's, seeing as they're real common over in the UK and each carriage looks the same, much like a subway:

user posted image

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:27 AM

user posted image

Small update now, Created some guttering, all still unlit at the minute. Frank has also come on board to help with just about everything to do with getting it in game etc, so that should speed up my testing phases smile.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

Good job amigo, as per usual icon14.gif

I'm hoping to see you and Frank on skype later to talk more about this good stuff wink.gif

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 19:27)
Good job amigo, as per usual icon14.gif

I'm hoping to see you and Frank on skype later to talk more about this good stuff wink.gif

Thanks man, some more model updates for yall :

Lampost

user posted image

Fence type 2

user posted image

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

And a shot of them in place to give some context, unlit:

user posted image

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:59 AM Edited by iwerez, 28 August 2013 - 07:10 AM.

user posted image

Some bins with variants! i went to the effort of making variants because theyre quite a prominant color among poeples gardens.

EDIT:

user posted image

Context shot

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

Those are some nice bins icon14.gif

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

user posted image

Beginning on the road segments, so i can actually get a map plan for this thing and start working the height of the overall level. Theres some floor piece variants still to be made, to cap of construction areas, for turnings, bus stop markings etc.

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

user posted image
Going road wild! i think i figured out finally how tim going to use these tiling squares to cover the base plan for the map, which is smaller than Hull but a nice sizable and most importantly, REACHABLE goal.

and heres the section i was referencing :
http://snag.gy/jF8uU.jpg

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

Nice progress icon14.gif glad to see the road's finally coming together smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users