Photo

change is bad?

67 replies to this topic
FateRider
  • FateRider

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:29)
QUOTE (MiraKanon @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 08:26)
QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:20)
I've been accused of not liking change because I don't want fuel, traffic laws, and jail.

Well, okay then assholes. I want super powers and an iron man suit in GTA V, and if you don't like it, then YOU hate change!

Are you starting to see the flaws with that argument?

I'd have to say that would be fun for a while but the novelty wears off like a game like prototype, or infamous, super powers are only so much fun until it becomes a norm.

You just hate change then.

Just like I don't want fuel or traffic laws, and so therefore I also hate all change and innovation. Because logic!

Yay, logic... Most people don't know a good game unless it hits them in the face with a crowbar.

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:33)
QUOTE (DaRkL3AD3R @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:27)
QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:14)
QUOTE (DaRkL3AD3R @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:12)
QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:05)
Aside from the fact that your comment reeks of butthersia...
You really come off in a bad way saying that.
GTA has always been about giving control back to the player, giving the players the option to ad anything they want whatever way they want.
Every obligation has failed miserably in any GTA.
Taking away that freedom and enforcing an obligation would only work in GTA Online in my opinion because it's a shared world, where everything you do can impact another player in some way.
But in a world where you're basically a god, having a pointless obligation for the sake of 'realism' is stupid.

Alright pal, while you're crying a river every time you jack a car and try to cruise around like a total derp face, the rest of us GTA fans will be loving it up.

Stay miserable kiddie.

Bring up valid points and counter arguments? Pffff f*ck that!
Just call everyone a kid!
Because THAT doesn't reek of insecurity.

Why would I bring up an argument on a subject that already has 2 threads dedicated to exactly that, with hundreds of replies?

No instead, I'm going to call you for what you are: a child. Because children are the ones who fear change the most. Adults can look at these things rationally and realize "hey, it's a game, and it's an amazing game at that. and oh look at this, a brilliant new feature which adds an incredibly new and interesting layer of depth to a mechanic that was utterly broken and autistic in the past. thanks rockstar!"

I'm 26. And I bet you're sub-18.

With every word I read you become a year younger in my brain ...
Okay, since you're acting like a stubborn child like that, I'm gonna act like this too.
I bet you're one of those f*cking idiots who think all change is amazing and should be worshiped like a god.

How about if someone put a bullet in your brain?
That's a change.
Before, there was a skull and nothing else.
Then there was a hole in the skull, still nothing else.

If you didnt sound like a child before.... you do now. sigh.gif

anzeyima
  • anzeyima

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Technetic @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:30)
QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:26)
QUOTE (Technetic @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:24)
QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:20)
QUOTE (Technetic @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:19)
GTA has always been about giving control back to the player, giving the players the option to ad anything they want whatever way they want.
Taking away that freedom and enforcing an obligation would only work in GTA Online in my opinion because it's a shared world, where everything you do can impact another player in some way.
But in a world where you're basically a god, having a pointless obligation for the sake of 'realism' is stupid.

Alright pal, while you're crying a river every time you jack a car and try to cruise around like a total derp face, the rest of us GTA fans will be loving it up.

Stay miserable kiddie.

To be fair, you do sound like a butthurt idiot.

You dont even know how its going to work. Your basing it off some BS preview that some british nerds at CVG got a hold of. They're the last people to trust.

Rockstar North president Leslie Benzis, the last person we should trust about Grand Theft Auto info.

Source and link please or else shut the f*ck up. lol.gif

computerandvideogames.com/423020/gta-v-interview-rockstar-north-president-leslie-The Benz-on-gta-online/

Here's a source and a link.
Am I allowed to not shut the f*ck up lol.gif now?

im not reading that 3 page sh*t, quote the full link.

Im pretty sure the 2 retards theorized about what will happen when you steal a car, but i dont remember leslie saying that.

Hey kiddo, he provided you a link, now read the damn thing or shut up.

GoonerSoldier
  • GoonerSoldier

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Ah these kids just dont know how far GTA has come since it came out. Perhaps they should go back to the 2D model above the clouds where everything was flat?? The idea of the game getting more realistic with every release is just AMAZING.

If your a thief stealing cars than you should be able to take care of the situation by any means. Lets see how it works first. A car jacking should merit 5-0 right away but if you get a parked car it should take a lot longer for the pigs to track it down before you get a wanted level. If there is a balance this will be great for the cry babies. Im good either way but lets wait and see.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Im pretty sure the 2 retards theorized about what will happen when you steal a car, but i dont remember leslie saying that.

Okay, I'm sorry but I couldn't help imagining this.

You're a judge, and this guy is getting sued.
And you just go "I'm pretty sure you theorized that"

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

QUOTE (anzeyima @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:35)

Stay miserable kiddie.

You dont even know how its going to work. Your basing it off some BS preview that some british nerds at CVG got a hold of. They're the last people to trust.

Rockstar North president Leslie Benzis, the last person we should trust about Grand Theft Auto info.

computerandvideogames.com/423020/gta-v-interview-rockstar-north-president-leslie-The Benz-on-gta-online/

Yea i read it, it says nothing about that, its mainly about the preview that CVG saw which had to do with multiplayer.

So no... that isnt a proper source.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:33)
With every word I read you become a year younger in my brain ...
Okay, since you're acting like a stubborn child like that, I'm gonna act like this too.
I bet you're one of those f*cking idiots who think all change is amazing and should be worshiped like a god.

How about if someone put a bullet in your brain?
That's a change.
Before, there was a skull and nothing else.
Then there was a hole in the skull, still nothing else.

Underage confirmed.

Keep making a big deal over a minuscule change in a video game little jimmy. The rest of us grown ups will be loving this game. "Wahhhhh Rockstar is implementing new features. CHANGE IS BAD. CHANGE IS BAD. I WANT MY GAME TO BE EASY MODE ALL DAY ERRYDAY"

FateRider
  • FateRider

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

Stay miserable kiddie.

^this icon14.gif

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

f*ck it , why even argue with you guys. If the feature is in , then owell, either play it or GTFO.

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (skyfamster @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:01)
the only change I won't accept is women protagonist,

it will ruin the game !!!!!!!!!!

When Final Fantasy started focusing on dress changing in thier games, I said goodbye to that franchise and still haven't looked back. The day GTA starts catering to teenage girls is the day I say goodbye to video games. A female protag wouldn't be bad, If she's like Meryl from Metal Gear Solid. and not the way Final Fantasy X-2 was.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

Man, baselessly claiming some's age is becoming really popular in this thread.
We all know what this calls for.
user posted image

L0UDM0UTH
  • L0UDM0UTH

Too Handsome for this sh*t

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Change is good. Unfortunately, people who want a f*cking life simulator( which GTA is not) want sh*t like putting gas in cars, sh*tting, beating off, serious dating, cooking, etc. Basically taking the concept away from GTA because it's "so Realistic". Whatever Rocsktar decides, though, is for the best.

And you know how it is, they will team up against people who have different views than them and call the whiny children and noobs and sh*t like that. Smh

Other than those guys, I have no probelm with the changes Rockstar have made. GTA 5 definitely seems to be the GOAT of video games and I'm hype as f*ck for it!

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

This thread makes me cry and lose hope for next generation of gaming if gamers like this are leading it...

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (IDredMan @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:40)
user posted image

I gave you my actual age bud. You afraid to post up? It's just a number.

And I bet if you made a poll, you'd find a correlation to the people fearing change being underage and the people more accepting and appreciable of the work Rockstar does to IMPROVE THE F*CKING GAME are above the legal drinking age in America.

I'll be waiting for you to post your 2 digits. Assuming of course your age does consist of that many numbers.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (DaRkL3AD3R @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:42)
user posted image

And I bet if you made a poll, you'd find a correlation to the people fearing change being underage and the people more accepting and appreciable of the work Rockstar does to IMPROVE THE F*CKING GAME are above the legal drinking age in America.

I'll be waiting for you to post your 2 digits. Assuming of course your age does consist of that many numbers.

Imma sicks years owld.
imma 360 no scope ur assssss

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (stevean2 @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:41)
This thread makes me cry and lose hope for next generation of gaming if gamers like this are leading it...

Theyre the ones who pay $60 for CoD and Madden lol. Its sad but thats what happens when the world is full of sheeple

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (DaRkL3AD3R @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:42)
user posted image

Yep, thaaat's right.
Keep calling me a kid, if it boosts your confidence I'm all for it.
Jeez, this is starting to sound like my CoD experience, ugh.

Also,
user posted image

FateRider
  • FateRider

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

Kinda went off topic, we are talking about change... Not who is a little kid and who isn't, as for changes themselves, I am usually the kinda person to give it a go even if the changes are supposedly bad, just look at games like silent hill, final fantasy, metal gear. All these games have changed so much from what they originally were some changes were bad some good. in the end I like to leave it up to the companies to make the games and not the community because we can see where the community gets us.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (MiraKanon @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:50)
Kinda went off topic, we are talking about change... Not who is a little kid and who isn't, as for changes themselves, I am usually the kinda person to give it a go even if the changes are supposedly bad, just look at games like silent hill, final fantasy, metal gear. All these games have changed so much from what they originally were some changes were bad some good. in the end I like to leave it up to the companies to make the games and not the community because we can see where the community gets us.

Exactly my point right here: "even if the changes are supposedly bad."

Where'd you get the impression that these changes are bad? Did you conceive these thoughts yourself? Or were you influenced by the whiners on these forums? I'd bet the latter. Which is a shame, because as identified above it's the screaming crying whiner children who dictate the future of gaming based on their "needs." Needs like: I can steal cars all day and nobody reports it to the police. Cool story brochildren. While you're at it equip a laser rifle and wear a cape as you masquerade around Los Santos trumping all logical thought for how police forces work in modern day SoCal.

What a shame.

Also, jokes on you c*nts posting that retarded gif. I have my own algorithm in place on my ad blocking extensions to filter that retarded sh*t since you autistic kids seem to think it makes you look cool, edgy and hip on the internet. Oh how sheepish you youngins are.

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Technetic @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:36)

Stay miserable kiddie.

Yea i read it, it says nothing about that, its mainly about the preview that CVG saw which had to do with multiplayer.

So no... that isnt a proper source.

Since you're not planning on reading that interesting interview, here you go:

So going back to the vehicles - are you almost more encouraged to buy them than to steal them?

You can buy cars, just like you can (in the real world). Or you can steal them if the mod shops are prepared to dabble with them. If they are, you can spray them and change the plates. If they're not prepared to do that, when the cops spot you in a stolen car, you'll get a Wanted level.

Is that why you'd want to employ the $50-a-day man to mod your stolen cars?

He won't deal with stolen cars. All he does is repair busted-up vehicles, and deliver your car. So, if you're out in the countryside without transport, you can give him a phone and he'll come out and drop the car off for you.

you're right that it's about GTA Online, not GTA V. but in that same interview:

We saw switches of camera angles as you were driving in the demo - that's all still manually controlled?

Manually controlled. Remember in GTA IV, you had all the cinematic cameras, and you could flick the stick up and down to change the modes? All that stuff - an expanded version of that - is in GTA V, and in Online.

So single-player and GTA Online are literally exactly the same?

Usually we cut quite a lot out from multiplayer. We haven't (in GTA Online). That's not to say we might not in the next little while. But, no, what you see is what you're going to get. I think we might stream in the detail on cars at a slightly different time, because cars take up quite a chunk of memory. But the world is the world. We can't have two versions of it.

How do you decide where to draw the line?
Also, single-player's always been in development ahead of the Online side, so a lot of what's in here is dictated by the single-player game. If we were to implement such a drastic change, we'd probably also have to do it in single-player.

I think it's fair to assume that MP aspects will be in SP. Hence, if you steal a car (like you do every few minutes lol.gif ) you're constantly have to escape to police, until you change plates. It was already confirmed that you could customize plates in SP. I'm not sure about if this will work, I trust R* because everything they've done so far in V seems awesome. However, having to take your vehicle to the same custom shop every single time you do a carjack, can be frustrating I guess. Oh well, we'll see.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

Most changes from Rockstar are good, only bad change they made is health regen besides that the game is perfect.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (DaRkL3AD3R @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:55)
Kinda went off topic, we are talking about change... Not who is a little kid and who isn't, as for changes themselves, I am usually the kinda person to give it a go even if the changes are supposedly bad, just look  at games like silent hill, final fantasy, metal gear. All these games have changed so much from what they originally were some changes were bad some good. in the end I like to leave it up to the companies to make the games and not the community because we can see where the community gets us.

Where'd you get the impression that these changes are bad? Did you conceive these thoughts yourself? Or were you influenced by the whiners on these forums? I'd bet the latter. Which is a shame, because as identified above it's the screaming crying whiner children who dictate the future of gaming based on their "needs." Needs like: I can steal cars all day and nobody reports it to the police. Cool story brochildren. While you're at it equip a laser rifle and wear a cape as you masquerade around Los Santos trumping all logical thought for how police forces work in modern day SoCal.

What a shame.

Also, jokes on you c*nts posting that retarded gif. I have my own algorithm in place on my ad blocking extensions to filter that retarded sh*t since you autistic kids seem to think it makes you look cool, edgy and hip on the internet. Oh how sheepish you youngins are.

Okay all arguments and all your assumptions aside.
I love you bro.
I laughed at that last part of that post like I'v never laughed before.

I posted it because he's so confused.
Look at how confused he is.
How can anyone be that confused and not get any recognition?

FateRider
  • FateRider

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (DaRkL3AD3R @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:55)
Kinda went off topic, we are talking about change... Not who is a little kid and who isn't, as for changes themselves, I am usually the kinda person to give it a go even if the changes are supposedly bad, just look  at games like silent hill, final fantasy, metal gear. All these games have changed so much from what they originally were some changes were bad some good. in the end I like to leave it up to the companies to make the games and not the community because we can see where the community gets us.

What a shame.

Let's just say rockstar said "We give you a device that let's you play God" I would think a lot of community would be in a up roar, but would that take away from what you enjoy most with the game? What if the next red dead has cars you can drive across the country side, though technically it's meant to be a western.
Just because it isn't what you expect doesn't always mean it's bad, and just because someone on a forum said it's crap now, doesn't mean it isn't fun for another.

Cryki
  • Cryki

I'll House You

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

Change is good

FateRider
  • FateRider

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

Mostly old fuddy duddies complain about change, while the younger generation welcome change. Unless it's opposite day?

L0UDM0UTH
  • L0UDM0UTH

Too Handsome for this sh*t

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (DaRkL3AD3R @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 10:55)

What a shame.

Were you referring to me, brosir?

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:23 PM Edited by josephene123, 16 August 2013 - 04:26 PM.

DaRkL3AD3R get out of Rockstar's ass, you don't owe them anything so why are you so butthurt that a few people don't like a feature which you do. You think it sounds great, I don't. Nobody is going to not buy the game just because of it and we're not going to protest outside Rockstar's offices either, we'll just get over it. Hows about you give reasons why you think it's a great change than mindlessly calling anyone who doesn't like it a whiner or a baby or a moron, it doesn't make you look clever, at all.

Change is good when it's good change. If I welcomed the changes to, let's say.. the Saints Row series, I'd just be lying to myself. It looks terrible to me compared to what it used to have.

FateRider
  • FateRider

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

You know what would be cool, zombie mode, only dayz style zombie mode.

DX2069
  • DX2069

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (MiraKanon @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 11:28)

there is zombie modes on like every game it so over played sarcasm.gif

FateRider
  • FateRider

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (DX2069 @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 16:31)
QUOTE (MiraKanon @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 11:28)

there is zombie modes on like every game it so over played sarcasm.gif

Sparkly vampire mode? Werewolf mode? Bigfoot mode?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users