Photo

GTA Online account transferable?

25 replies to this topic
brucie_suckyou
  • brucie_suckyou

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Did a quick search and couldn't find any topic on this.

Lets assume for a moment the a version of GTAV will eventually become available
on next gen consoles supporting 64 or more players. Amazing right? lets imagine you wanna do this
on PS4.

Problem is since launch of GTAO you have pumped 300+ hours into your Xbox 360 version of the game.
You have a sweet pad, and all the cars you wanted.

Will we lose our hard work if we migrate to another console? or will this info be stored by R*
and allow us to be more agile with our data?
I am hoping for the latter.

I heard somewhere that the guys at DICE are looking into a similar problem for Battlefield 4.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:52 PM Edited by darkdayz, 16 August 2013 - 02:57 PM.

Yeah I think we'll be alright. It's all with the social club and probably nothing to do with Live and PSN.

For this to be able to work and have longevity beyond specific console generations like they suggest it cannot be restricted to current generation online services like the above. They have to purely harness it through the social club, and therefore continue to use it for the history of GTA, without it affecting anybodies stats etc. Nothing to worry about.

The only thing I can see getting affected is any single player game saves you have when switching. Which is a given and it always has been and crews. Obviously you won't be able to play in the same server as your crew if they are playing on different consoles.
I think they will let us keep stats when switching though. Like being able to put your MP3 crew into GTA V, it's through the cloud. Not PSN or Live.

danny41294
  • danny41294

True City Killers Don

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (brucie_suckyou @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:47)

on next gen consoles supporting 64 or more players. Amazing right? lets imagine you wanna do this
on PS4.

Problem is since launch of GTAO you have pumped 300+ hours into your Xbox 360 version of the game.

Will we lose our hard work if we migrate to another console? or will this info be stored by R*

I heard somewhere that the guys at DICE are looking into a similar problem for Battlefield 4.

I was thinking the same and I'm sure it can be done. Read somewhere that your PSN ID and Gamertag carries over to the next-gen consoles, so you stats will be tied to your account (this is all hypothetical) The problem comes when someone like me, who has a 360 wants to upgrade to a PS4; then I would have to start all over again.

Then I think well I could get a Xbox One but I wanted a PS4, should I change console over just one game? I'm not sure but it's not just "any game", is it?

Taco_Gta
  • Taco_Gta

GTA king

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

The xbox one is rubbish so

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (brucie_suckyou @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 14:47)

on PS4.

Just a tip for you OP:

I have GTA IV and Max Payne 3 on both the PC and Xbox 360. EVEN THOUGH I use the exact same login credentials between both platforms to connect to Rockstar Social Club, BOTH systems are independent of each other and do NOT share stats/progress.

I repeat: YOU CAN NOT TRANSFER PROGRESS CROSS PLATFORM.

Whether this changes in the future or not is yet to be seen, but I am thinking probably not for a long way into next gen cycle, and that's IF it ever comes to light. Believe you me, I am pissed about this too. I will be getting my Xbox 360 copy in Sept, and playing the f*ck out of the game. I would HATE for all my hard work to be stuck on the sh*tty console when I get my PC release later on down the road. But what can you do.

brucie_suckyou
  • brucie_suckyou

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (danny41294 @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 14:59)
QUOTE (brucie_suckyou @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:47)

on PS4.

I was thinking the same and I'm sure it can be done. Read somewhere that your PSN ID and Gamertag carries over to the next-gen consoles, so you stats will be tied to your account (this is all hypothetical) The problem comes when someone like me, who has a 360 wants to upgrade to a PS4; then I would have to start all over again.

Then I think well I could get a Xbox One but I wanted a PS4, should I change console over just one game? I'm not sure but it's not just "any game", is it?

Exactly. my situation/plan is the same as yours.

I want R* to reveal this to us. If they are the gatekeepers of our accounts and data,
can we jump ship to another console.

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

Ctrl + Alt + Defecate

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

GTAO will work in a similar way to how the Social Club works now. It won't matter what console you're using as it's all cloud based. You could play on Xbox 360, PS4 and PC without issue, as long as your relevant usernames are linked to your Social Club account.

brucie_suckyou
  • brucie_suckyou

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (DaRkL3AD3R @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:03)

on PS4.

Just a tip for you OP:

I have GTA IV and Max Payne 3 on both the PC and Xbox 360. EVEN THOUGH I use the exact same login credentials between both platforms to connect to Rockstar Social Club, BOTH systems are independent of each other and do NOT share stats/progress.

I repeat: YOU CAN NOT TRANSFER PROGRESS CROSS PLATFORM.

Whether this changes in the future or not is yet to be seen, but I am thinking probably not for a long way into next gen cycle, and that's IF it ever comes to light. Believe you me, I am pissed about this too. I will be getting my Xbox 360 copy in Sept, and playing the f*ck out of the game. I would HATE for all my hard work to be stuck on the sh*tty console when I get my PC release later on down the road. But what can you do.

Thanks mate, this was insightful.

Now I am wondering if i should buy a ps3 to ease my way into good times
with GTAO on PS4.

But thats just crazy right?.... right? mercie_blink.gif

EDIT: Alot of differing opinions here. How can we push R* for a definite answer?

Anthonymrb
  • Anthonymrb

Collectors Edition

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

Hope so!

davegrimes96
  • davegrimes96

One man army

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

dice have already confirmed that you can transfer your stats for battlefield 4, hope rockstar do this for GTA V if it comes to next gen

progaimz
  • progaimz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

If you watch the Leslie Benzies interview with GTAVO'clock. He says everything the player does is stored in their "cloud" (social club). If you're on PS3 it will go over to PS4. If you're on XBOX 360, it'll go over to XBOX ONE.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

Why would we know when the next-gen version isn't announced? But yeah, if it happens, we should be able to.

progaimz
  • progaimz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (poklane @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:12)
Why would we know when the next-gen version isn't announced? But yeah, if it happens, we should be able to.

It doesn't have to be announced right now. It is only logical that GTAO will expand into next gen if they're planning on supporting it for as long as possible.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (progaimz @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:13)

It doesn't have to be announced right now. It is only logical that GTAO will expand into next gen if they're planning on supporting it for as long as possible.

It is, but I hate it when people ask questions about versions of games that don't exist (yet). But it will probably happen if there's going to be a next-gen version. But when we get a next-gen version, I hope they'll improve things like render distance, amount of cars on the road, different cars on the road, and I hope we can bring our DLC with us, because I don't want to pay twice for the same DLC.

brucie_suckyou
  • brucie_suckyou

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

maybe I should just get the Xbone then.
I really didn't want to. cryani.gif

progaimz
  • progaimz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (poklane @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:15)
QUOTE (progaimz @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:13)

It is, but I hate it when people ask questions about versions of games that don't exist (yet). But it will probably happen if there's going to be a next-gen version. But when we get a next-gen version, I hope they'll improve things like render distance, amount of cars on the road, different cars on the road, and I hope we can bring our DLC with us, because I don't want to pay twice for the same DLC.

Thing is, we're not sure whether GTA V will go next gen. We're more sure about GTAO going next gen.

IronZombie
  • IronZombie

Thug

• Members

I'm sure they could transfer it over. CoD is doing something similar with their CoD Elite service. All stats and stuff are stored on their own servers so a console change shouldn't affect anything. If GTA V does indeed come to next gen then I can definitely see them porting over your Online stats.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

QUOTE (progaimz @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:12)
If you watch the Leslie Benzies interview with GTAVO'clock. He says everything the player does is stored in their "cloud" (social club). If you're on PS3 it will go over to PS4. If you're on XBOX 360, it'll go over to XBOX ONE.

No, that's not how that works and that was NOT confirmed. Just because they say "your info is stored in the cloud " doesn't mean you can login to the same account on an Xbox One as you used on an Xbox 360 and have the same files available to you.

The only concrete info on this right now is going from current gen consoles to PC. In which case NOTHING transfers over. I see no reason why it would be any different going from Xbox 360 to Xbox One.

progaimz
  • progaimz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (DaRkL3AD3R @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:19)

No, that's not how that works and that was NOT confirmed. Just because they say "your info is stored in the cloud " doesn't mean you can login to the same account on an Xbox One as you used on an Xbox 360 and have the same files available to you.

The only concrete info on this right now is going from current gen consoles to PC. In which case NOTHING transfers over. I see no reason why it would be any different going from Xbox 360 to Xbox One.

Um, Call of Duty Ghosts devs announced the very same thing Leslie was talking about. So did DICE about BF4. Going from current gen and transferring all console players to PC makes no sense at all. The coming years is all about the cloud, and theory is as follows until officially confirmed: PS3 progress goes over to PS4. XBOX 360 progress goes over to XBOX ONE.

brucie_suckyou
  • brucie_suckyou

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

Suddenly planning my gaming future became a big decision.

Everybody considering a next gen console needs to consider this.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

Will we lose our hard work if we migrate to another console?

New consoles are in the end linked to your present account.
It has nothing to do with type of console.
This is common sense.
Seriously, what a stupid question!!
Just chill your hard work won't go to waste

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (progaimz @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:23)

Um, Call of Duty Ghosts devs announced the very same thing Leslie was talking about. So did DICE about BF4. Going from current gen and transferring all console players to PC makes no sense at all. The coming years is all about the cloud, and theory is as follows until officially confirmed: PS3 progress goes over to PS4. XBOX 360 progress goes over to XBOX ONE.

That's wonderful... for Call of Duty and DICE.

But this is Rockstar.

And I know for fact, that right now, there is NO implementation of such a feature in the Rockstar Social Club. I am not going to sit here and speculate on what may or may not be. I am going to say what I KNOW is fact NOW. And right now, if you log into your RSC account it doesn't matter what system you're on, THEY ARE ALL INDEPENDENT OF EACH OTHER. Do you honestly think that's going to change any time soon? I don't, and I won't count on it. Add that to your equation if you have to. But I would say in the very least, stay on the same team going into next gen. That's the only way to raise your chances at MAYBE getting a crossover of progress.

RomansMoobs
  • RomansMoobs

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

This. It's just save data. This is all you need to know.

brucie_suckyou
  • brucie_suckyou

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Still a lot of Differing opinions. I might email mouthoff perhaps.
But for the moment I'm thinking DaRkL3AD3R is probably right.

progaimz
  • progaimz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (DaRkL3AD3R @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:32)
QUOTE (progaimz @ Friday, Aug 16 2013, 15:23)

That's wonderful... for Call of Duty and DICE.

But this is Rockstar.

And I know for fact, that right now, there is NO implementation of such a feature in the Rockstar Social Club. I am not going to sit here and speculate on what may or may not be. I am going to say what I KNOW is fact NOW. And right now, if you log into your RSC account it doesn't matter what system you're on, THEY ARE ALL INDEPENDENT OF EACH OTHER. Do you honestly think that's going to change any time soon? I don't, and I won't count on it. Add that to your equation if you have to. But I would say in the very least, stay on the same team going into next gen. That's the only way to raise your chances at MAYBE getting a crossover of progress.

suicidal.gif

We won't be playing PS3 or XBOX 360 in 2-3 years time just because of GTA Online.

GTA Online launches October 1st.

Next Gen consoles release a few weeks after that.

All your progress IN GTA V ONLINE is stored in the social club.

Logical thinking tells us, that we won't be spending all this time in GTAO just to have our progress lost when next gen consoles come out.

A lot of developers; are transferring your PS3 progress over to PS4, same thing goes for XBOX 360 to XBOX ONE.

Again: If you are on PS3 THIS GEN, NEXT GEN YOUR PROGRESS WILL GO TO PS4. IF YOU ARE ON XBOX 360 THIS GEN, YOUR PROGRESS WILL TRANSFER TO XBOX ONE.

CROSSPLATFORM TRANSFER on the other hand, is another thing.

Understand?

brucie_suckyou
  • brucie_suckyou

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Just emailed mouthoff. I will post any reply here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users