» «
Photo

Mission Blips

3 replies to this topic
cst1992
  • cst1992

Spam Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:32 AM Edited by lil weasel, 16 August 2013 - 11:39 AM.

QUOTE (DaDonYordel @ Saturday, Aug 16 2008, 16:51)
For some apparent reason my game somehow lost the ability to post blips on the radar.
The bug is only in my save game because the blips are there when I start a new game.
Also apparent is that the blue marker on top of a  e.g girlfriend, car has disappeared....
Also when on the Jizzy mission apart from the missing blip, the mission marker has disappeared and I can't continue.
Also I played this game before, with the same installer and computer.
Platform: PC
Version: 1
RAM: 1.50 GB
Everything worked fine until now, I played hard to get where I am now in-game, so please help..
I'm suffering from the same problem as the OP is.
Here is my save file:
http://gtasnp.com/38932
When I played Explosive Situation, there was no blip on the map for the arrows to escape, though the arrows showed up themselves. And there was no way to know where the drop off point was.
Since I had played the game earlier, I found the drop off point by myself, but the blip didn't appear on the minimap.
Also, I checked, in my save as well, Michelle does not have an arrow over her head.
One more thing is that the problem is there for all blips: Don Peyote (Blue), Architectural Espionage (Yellow) and red.
Thanks.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

You have the same computer specs, and operating system?
Your game is the DVD v2?
You don't have any mods installed?
You are playing with the Original Rockstar produced DVD in the Drive?
Have you cheated?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

The blip pool looks completely full. Although it's kind of difficult to tell since there really isn't a good tool for viewing the radar markers. However, looking at it with a hex editor one problem really stands out: You've got 35 copies of the racing flag in Los Santos. This problem is usually caused by a crappy mod that creates a new icon every time the save is loaded. hmvartak's glitch repair tool can probably get rid of some of the extra blips, but if you don't identify the problem the pool will just fill up again. There may be other extra blips too. The LS racing flag kind of stands out with j.DP repeated over and over.

http://hmvartak.freeiz.com/fix.htm

cst1992
  • cst1992

Spam Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by cst1992, 17 August 2013 - 05:03 AM.

Thank you for the quick reply!
There is a drag race mod that I use in CLEO, it starts near the point of "Green Sabre" mission where cj rescues sweet.
It was quite a while since I installed that mod, so I didn't suspect it.
Please tell me how I could remove this flag.
I don't play with the disc in the drive, I have made a disk image and mount it with Alcohol 120%.
No I have not cheated, and I have CLEO mods installed.
Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.39 GHz
WinXp SP3
2 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB

Edit: Thank you for the site name, I already tried that, and found the no blip option closest to the problem I was having, but that didn't help.
This is the drag mod that I use:
http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=7149
Edit2: Since you said that there were 35 copies of the blip in the save file I tried the stray blip remover, and it worked. Also removed the drag race mod from my mods. Now the missions work just fine. Will let you know if the problem returns.
Thanks for all your help!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users