• Gramps

★★★★★

• Modding Staff
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

Any other issues i forgot about?

Not really an issue, but rather an added feature. I was shown a screenshot of a project that _DK was working on, and it showed on screen the limits.
For example:
Objects = 500/3500
Dummys = 8000/9500

etc etc.

Can you implement this into your LA?

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

Another one: limit_adjuster_gta3vcsa.zip

Tried using this, and removed all my mods to try it. Crashes no matter what.

Is there a specific .exe I should be using; if so which one?

Also I am testing this with SAMP, singleplayer has never loaded for me so... can't be bothered there.

Hope for a reply. :3

I'm using the HOODLUM exe and Silent's ASI Loader 1.2, works fine :)

Ivey
  • Ivey

GrandTheftModcast Podcast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

Another one: limit_adjuster_gta3vcsa.zip

Tried using this, and removed all my mods to try it. Crashes no matter what.

Is there a specific .exe I should be using; if so which one?

Also I am testing this with SAMP, singleplayer has never loaded for me so... can't be bothered there.

I'm using the HOODLUM exe and Silent's ASI Loader 1.2, works fine :)

Strange, using that exact exe. What else to try. :/

Wesser
  • Wesser

The complexity simplifier, the efficiency optimizer.

• Feroci
  • Unknown
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

Oh, finally. I was thinking to have worked for nothing. :p Seems like III needs the same trick to get rid of the limit concerning the number of static shadows vertices drawable at a time.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

Oh, finally. I was thinking to have worked for nothing. :p

Nope, it's all gonna be in the next release. Btw, any thoughts how to achieve shadows rendering in a big distances?

Seems like III needs the same trick to get rid of the limit concerning the number of static shadows vertices drawable at a time.

So as VC.

I can't test it in samp and i don't know what's could be an issue here. Try do delete limit lines from ini one by one and see if there's one specific limit that causes the crash or it's just adjuster itself.

Wesser
  • Wesser

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:08 AM Edited by Wesser, 17 July 2014 - 11:45 AM.

Btw, any thoughts how to achieve shadows rendering in a big distances?

Aren't you drawing the static shadows by hand (without messing with model identifiers inside CEntity::PreRender to specify additional LODs) and pass the draw distance of each one in the third-last argument of CShadows::StoreStaticShadow (0x0070BA00)?

* I'm telling you what I remember, so I might be wrong.

//EDIT: I still notice missing vertices. It is pretty weird, the code guarantees there can be allocated as many CPolyBunch elements as requested by the game unless your pc goes out of memory. Is there a chance patch_706ED0 and patch_70990A aren't injected?

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Madness is like gravity. All it takes it a little push!

• Feroci
  • Germany

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

I am still waiting for a custom texture for lod coronas..

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

Aren't you drawing the static shadows by hand (without messing with model identifiers inside CEntity::PreRender to specify additional LODs) and pass the draw distance of each one in the third-last argument of CShadows::StoreStaticShadow (0x0070BA00)?

I draw them at the same place where i draw coronas(also tried in your place to inject, that you provided in pm) with a big draw distance, but they only spawn by blocks. Also i noticed if i look at one shadow and go backwards it visible from a long distance, but the minute camera doesn't see it, it disappears and never appears again unless player in that area.

//EDIT: I still notice missing vertices. It is pretty weird, the code guarantees there can be allocated as many CPolyBunch elements as requested by the game unless your pc goes out of memory. Is there a chance patch_706ED0 and patch_70990A aren't injected?

I'll check it out in an hour or two.

Ivey
  • Ivey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

Oh, finally. I was thinking to have worked for nothing. :p

Nope, it's all gonna be in the next release. Btw, any thoughts how to achieve shadows rendering in a big distances?

Seems like III needs the same trick to get rid of the limit concerning the number of static shadows vertices drawable at a time.

So as VC.

I can't test it in samp and i don't know what's could be an issue here. Try do delete limit lines from ini one by one and see if there's one specific limit that causes the crash or it's just adjuster itself.

Tried deleting each line, and also tried dumping it into the modloader folder as well to give that a shot. No luck.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:24 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 17 July 2014 - 03:40 PM.

0070990A - E9 B1A0F50E - jmp sshadnolimitsa.patch_70990A
0053CA25 - E8 066F120F - call sshadnolimitsa.patch_706ED0

They're injected. And i've got 16gb ram, so 'your pc goes out of memory' is not an issue.

Tried deleting each line, and also tried dumping it into the modloader folder as well to give that a shot. No luck.

EDIT: Try this - https://www.sendspace.com/file/jq7svq
  • Ivey likes this

Ivey
  • Ivey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

They're injected. And i've got 16gb ram, so 'your pc goes out of memory' is not an issue.

EDIT: Try this - https://www.sendspace.com/file/jq7svq

Worked flawlessly, ran around and tested it out for a few minutes. Good stuff! Thanks.

Wesser
  • Wesser

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

Well, it is what could happen in the worst case as usual, even though the game would crash because no condition is evalueted when malloc returns an invalid pointer. :p Indeed, I get the unexpected missing vertices bug and it's likely this time can be something unrelated to sshadnolimit.asi, such as collision check errors due to other game limitations.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

Well, it is what could happen in the worst case as usual, even though the game would crash because no condition is evalueted when malloc returns an invalid pointer. :p Indeed, I get the unexpected missing vertices bug and it's likely this time can be something unrelated to sshadnolimit.asi, such as collision check errors due to other game limitations.

Yeah, seems like it. You didn't said anything about that 'by blocks' rendering thing, any ideas where is that can be controlled? And btw, since you're here, have you received my pm regarding WSHPS?

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

I don't know what you did, but it is indeed working flawlessly with SA-MP.Now just have to wait for the next 2dfx update.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Big Homie

• Modding Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:47 AM

I don't know what you did, but it is indeed working flawlessly with SA-MP.Now just have to wait for the next 2dfx update.

It was collimit, buildings and entryinfonode that caused the crashes with SAMP. :p Just took a little testing before the causes became obvious.

dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:10 AM

If you guys are working on a limit adjuster could you remove the limit of cars? So added cars can have tuning parts and paintjobs and be like regular cars?

• Neddo likes this

Wesser
  • Wesser

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

You didn't said anything about that 'by blocks' rendering thing, any ideas where is that can be controlled?

What do you mean? Maybe it is something which doesn't come to mind.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

What do you mean? Maybe it is something which doesn't come to mind.

For example that screen was made with shadows rendered under every corona by my own function with a big draw distance value. But they rendered only at the area where player is.
N1qgZ92.jpg

If i move to any place i marked with an arrow, they will appear at that area.

Wesser
  • Wesser

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

If you look at the traffic light pointed by one of your red arrows, the static shadow vertices are cut according to the end of the model where it is drawn on. The model is probably big, so the center of the object is far close to the player and thus it is treated as solid? Does enhancing the number (600 / 12 = 50) of CCollision::ms_colModelCache (0x0096595C) at CCollision::Init (0x00416260) help?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:03 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 18 July 2014 - 02:11 PM.

If you look at the traffic light pointed by one of your red arrows, the static shadow vertices are cut according to the end of the model where it is drawn on. The model is probably big, so the center of the object is far close to the player and thus it is treated as solid? Does enhancing the number (600 / 12 = 50) of CCollision::ms_colModelCache (0x0096595C) at CCollision::Init (0x00416260) help?

I'll check in a moment. EDIT: Seems like nothing changed.
I've got some screens:
fJfNd8J.jpg
This is shadows visible at area where is player at, height - 2000.0 units. Draw distance is the same as coronas.

When i move player, but don't move camera so it still sees those shadows:
7Yzh59I.jpg

At the left side of the screen i moved camera a bit and then restored the original position. All shadows at that place disappear, but the ones which were visible all the time are still there and the new ones in the new player area appeared.

GamerLC
  • GamerLC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

Man, can you fix car glasses/lights glitch?

Without glasses:

http://rghost.ru/56986453

With glasses:

http://rghost.ru/56986480

snoops26
  • snoops26

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

That's loss of specular lighting after minimizing the game.

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

That's loss of specular lighting after minimizing the game.

That's not what he reported about.

He wants the alpha bug to be fixed :p

GamerLC
  • GamerLC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

Yeah, this alpha bug or how you call them. I can't minimize the game, but i notice that flickr.asi is not work for windows glass and car lights.

SergeantSavidge
  • SergeantSavidge

bloody doors blower-offer.

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, this alpha bug or how you call them. I can't minimize the game, but i notice that flickr.asi is not work for windows glass and car lights.

flickr.asi reduces the flickering effect.

• snoops26 likes this

GamerLC
  • GamerLC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:11 AM

flickr.asi reduces the flickering effect.

Yes, but if this asi script disable, car glasses missing when textures flickering.

SergeantSavidge
  • SergeantSavidge

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:37 AM

Yes, but if this asi script disable, car glasses missing when textures flickering.

you're not supposed to disable it, don't remove it.

and also, flickr.asi isn't the cause of the windows disappearing, it's due to the maximum number of alpha textures on-screen being exceeded.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Big Homie

• Modding Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:42 AM Edited by TJGM, 20 July 2014 - 10:46 AM.

So does anyone know if Pylon's normally have any lights on them at all?

I was playing GTA V when I noticed they had coronas, but I couldn't find any real-life shots of them having lights after spending some time on Google looking, I made them anyway though. :p

gta_sa%202014-07-20%2011-38-49-23.png
  • DK22Pac, Mr. Jago, uokka and 4 others like this

uokka
  • uokka

Actually living entity

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

I doubt as I've never seen it but it would make sense and looks good. Leave them in.

RL might need to adopt things from your mod.

• TJGM likes this

SergeantSavidge
  • SergeantSavidge

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

Yeah, there's a couple pylons near where I live that have the exact same sort of corona-type things at night. :^:

• TJGM likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users