Photo

[REL|III|VC|SA|IV] Project 2dfx

2,353 replies to this topic
MikeKeaton
  • MikeKeaton

eyebrows champ

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:58 PM Edited by MikeKeaton, 26 April 2014 - 06:59 PM.

Install a stream memory fix for the loss of textures. And I'd talk to Link, the author of Mod Loader about that issue, I've never had it before and he's never mentioned it.

i got mem fix . but it doesn't changing anything. textures not flickering. they just missed after installing this mod. only this 3 parts(it's somehow related with dff files(bcos as u can see bridge- railbridge0*_sfse....)) i usually haven't such problems , also with previous 2dfx versions all was fine

Remove gtasa_draw_distance_changer. That is cause of the textures loading, even when stream mem fixes are installed.

it was removed, but no changes...

UPDATE: i just reinstall my sa and i don't know how, but i makes it work without modloader AND without replacing dff files at all !!! i just copyed all plugins from scripts folder in my sa. idk how but all works just perfect. i see all lights, no bugs. strange but i like the result lol

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

I wonder if you can make the traffic visible everywhere. Just like IV :)

if you can archieve THAT: The entire state comes alive:

dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

It was discussed before and I think it's possible if they copy the IV era.

Create 2 boxes of 10 polygons 1 for cars and 1 for trucks and make them have a primary color. Make a script that loads the new objects vehbox.dff (no need for a txd) and vehbox2.dff onto the car paths, but less frequent. The script is the hard part. You need to have 3 layers, first layer using the traffic distance limiter, second layer using the chassis_vlo (starts from X radius from player to Y radius from player) and the third layer which will use the boxes (starts from Y+? radius from player to the end of the path) with 10 set as car frequency and 4 for trucks. I don't know about limits...

Tranquil_Suit
  • Tranquil_Suit

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

It was discussed before and I think it's possible if they copy the IV era.

Create 2 boxes of 10 polygons 1 for cars and 1 for trucks and make them have a primary color. Make a script that loads the new objects vehbox.dff (no need for a txd) and vehbox2.dff onto the car paths, but less frequent. The script is the hard part. You need to have 3 layers, first layer using the traffic distance limiter, second layer using the chassis_vlo (starts from X radius from player to Y radius from player) and the third layer which will use the boxes (starts from Y+? radius from player to the end of the path) with 10 set as car frequency and 4 for trucks. I don't know about limits...

What about peds?

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

Install a stream memory fix for the loss of textures. And I'd talk to Link, the author of Mod Loader about that issue, I've never had it before and he's never mentioned it.

i got mem fix . but it doesn't changing anything. textures not flickering. they just missed after installing this mod. only this 3 parts(it's somehow related with dff files(bcos as u can see bridge- railbridge0*_sfse....)) i usually haven't such problems , also with previous 2dfx versions all was fine

Remove gtasa_draw_distance_changer. That is cause of the textures loading, even when stream mem fixes are installed.

it was removed, but no changes...

UPDATE: i just reinstall my sa and i don't know how, but i makes it work without modloader AND without replacing dff files at all !!! i just copyed all plugins from scripts folder in my sa. idk how but all works just perfect. i see all lights, no bugs. strange but i like the result lol

You need the .dff's to increase the draw distance of spawned in lampposts, you won't get the full effect without them.

Having an object follow a car path is pretty hard. Nodes only spawn in when the player is in a certain range, if the player isn't close enough to the node then cars won't spawn or have a path to follow, so they'll despawn. So getting small objects to follow them from a distance would be even harder, considering they ain't even cars.

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

Having an object follow a car path is pretty hard. Nodes only spawn in when the player is in a certain range, if the player isn't close enough to the node then cars won't spawn or have a path to follow, so they'll despawn. So getting small objects to follow them from a distance would be even harder, considering they ain't even cars.

Can't the limit adjuster break those limits and make the nodes visible everyhwere? And didn't Aschratt find the mathematic formula of the nodes? All you need are the coordinaates inside those files.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

Project_2dfx_sa v2.2 released, fixed a bug when coronas were shown in the mirrors, and there's no need to use dff files with increased 2dfx farClip value anymore, plugin will increase it.
The rest of the DFFs contains new coronas.

https://github.com/T...releases/latest
  • TJGM likes this

El Dorado
  • El Dorado

Set the controls to the heart of the sun

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

So all the DFF's from previous version can be uninstalled?

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

So all the DFF's from previous version can be uninstalled?

Pretty much. The ones that come with the latest version though are required for the new coronas I added on antennas and stuff.

MW_29
  • MW_29

i came to play

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:08 AM Edited by MW_29, 28 April 2014 - 09:39 AM.

MW_29 - First off, calm your tits, you act like these things are a big deal. Second off, don't act like a smartass just because we used R* specific coords and they're wrong when they should be correct. Thirdly, stop getting so upset over little things like those coronas after the first bridge, you hardly notice them and if you want them fixed, track it down yourself in the .dat, it's not that hard. Or the airport coronas, the first time we done the airport coronas I had to walk over to every corona, type the coords down of the player position and then go to the next corona, and it takes time. TAG made a script to collect the coords of all R* 2dfx and for the majority it works, don't complain to anyone if something isn't perfect, be grateful you have it in the first place, we could've ended the mod after 1.0 and left things like the airport alone.

TJGM, please don't give any attention to such a kid. Those kinda people tries to burn you in the ground.

Just ignore that upset kid. I couldn't understand a single word what he was trying to say and it's all full of complaining.

I was just reporting a bug. That's all. A precise description of something that maybe could be fixed by mod developers to help to pinpoint why that bug occurs and to improve the mod in final. And i support their mod, i use it from first release and i like it very much, and for sure i don't want to burn their work underground, so You should calm down and first think and then write, before You call someone an "upset kid".

Anyway ThirteenAG and TJGM keep up with your work, keep up with progress, mod is still awesome. I was just reporting a bug, and that's why i gave so huge descriptions of what i found, and not because i want something perfect nor i complain about your mod. Just a report of bug i found. If it's not big deal then ok, i was just trying to help. And @Ridd1cK thanks for siding with my side ;)

• uokka, In45do and Tranquil_Suit like this

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

Fair enough. It's just how you reported it, kinda sounded offensive in my head. :p My bad, I think I'll hunt down coronas that shouldn't be there later today. I've tried already, but so far couldn't find it.

• MW_29 and uokka like this

dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

WHY WONT NO ONE HELP ME HOW DO I GET MORE TREE DRAW DISTANCE LIKE IN THE PICS?

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

WHY WONT NO ONE HELP ME HOW DO I GET MORE TREE DRAW DISTANCE LIKE IN THE PICS?

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO ALL CAPS JUST TO GET AN ANSWER

Increase the generic draw distance in the IDE Tweaker, it can only be default go up to 300, but if you want to make it any higher then 300, you can change that 300 limit with "max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects", so if you want 1000 you change that setting to 1000 then change your generic draw distance to 1000 too.

I think I'll document everything that the ini's do and what files do what, since a lot of people seem to get confused and don't read back on previous posts or use the search function. :p

El Dorado
  • El Dorado

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

You should document what's up with the .dat file too, cause I want to disable some coronas, like those red ones on the buildings.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:33 PM Edited by TJGM, 28 April 2014 - 04:40 PM.

You should document what's up with the .dat file too, cause I want to disable some coronas, like those red ones on the buildings.

Find the name of the model in the .dat and delete the lines, that's one of the things I didn't think people would find hard. :i

EDIT: I'd like to think TAG's documentation in the .dat is quite fine. I mean, #PROFIT? Can't go wrong with that.

#%modelname

#coronaColour.r, coronaColour.g, coronaColour.b, vecOffset.x, vecOffset.y, vecOffset.z, fCustomSize
#coronaColour2.r, coronaColour2.g, coronaColour2.b, vecOffset2.x, vecOffset2.y, vecOffset2.z, fCustomSize2
#%modelname2
#coronaColour.r, coronaColour.g, coronaColour.b, vecOffset.x, vecOffset.y, vecOffset.z, fCustomSize
#??????
#PROFIT
#0.45 - reserved for traffic lights

El Dorado
  • El Dorado

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

Well yes... but how the f*ck should I know what model correspond to what building and so on

There's another thing, I think it can be edited on .dat too. The LOD corona have a set size, let's say, 0.30. The actual corona on model have a smaller size, 0.15. From far away, the coronas seems big, when closer, it's just a small dot. Kincaid Bridge on SF is a good example. It's not a bug, but I don't know, it doesn't feel right.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

That was intended, and we can't do anything about the way R* done their coronas on buildings. You could try using a mapping program like MEd to find the names for buildings, but the coronas aren't always attached to the building model.

Ezekiel ♂
  • Ezekiel ♂

PA҉NDA҉

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by Ezekiel_RN, 28 April 2014 - 05:54 PM.

Caronas on skycrapers (dff)....You mean on that....

It's editable.....easy....

If you guys want to remove something....you dont like

I could help you....

PM-mee,,,, :santa:

or schow pictures of model you want to edit

hendrix.
  • hendrix.

me gusta el helado

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:53 AM

Nice mod but... :p

eDnYyEy.jpg

wd5erpe.jpg

• Musi and MariaLatore like this

Tinkerton
  • Tinkerton

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

Just wanted to say this mod looks awesome.

Also, a suggestion - in addition to farclip you should also do a nearclip, where the coronas start to fade out. The problem is that if you have limited draw distance (like 3000), as the camera turns around the draw distance moves with it and the coronas that are at the 3000 limit pop in and out of the world. Not a major problem during regular gameplay, but if you stand on a high point (which is when this mod looks the best) it just kinda takes you out of it.

Ivey
  • Ivey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for all your work on this. It's fantastic!

• TJGM and Musi like this

little_idiot
  • little_idiot

Crackhead

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

Does anybody tried 2dfx with .LOD Mod? I've got map holes at first game load and idk how to fix it.

The second thing is about coronas sizes of traffic light - can I make them smaller like regular coronas? As you know settings in 2dfx.ini file won't affect to those coronas for traffic light. Now this coronas are much bigger than street lamps coronas and this looks "unreal" from far distances (especially when you're flying around).

The third - is there any ways to fix that boring "alpha-bug" with trees and windows?

The fourth - do you have that bug with sizes of coronas: it won't become bigger (or smaller) smoothly - corona just disappears from fixed distance. So from far away it has one size, then it disappears while you're going (flying) toward it and then appear as regular lamppost light (when you're too close to it). Is this common thing for 2dfx project? Can this be fixed?

In case if all this stuff had already been discussed please give me some link for that posts (in PM) - it's really hard to search (and read) a lot in English for me. Thank you. 

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

The second thing - i'll make a necessary changes next month, so it'll be fixed.
The fourth - don't recall so, but need to check it out.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:59 PM Edited by TJGM, 07 May 2014 - 12:03 AM.

He's talking about the transition from LOD coronas to the coronas attached to lampposts. The only way it could be happening now, is if the draw distance on lamppost models isn't at 300. I think there is a few lamppost models that ain't in a generic IDE either, so that's most likely the cause.

Oh and the alpha limit is apparently being worked on by Wesser. I know people are trying to fix it, without any look so far though.

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:53 AM Edited by ric4rd094, 07 May 2014 - 07:54 AM.

This mod + SRT3 + BSOR + + Overdose Effects and Custom particle.txd + Misc HD Things...

Is't whole new San Andreas! :D

Some screenshots of mine:

3xzWKC4.jpg

e3CnoVJ.jpg

UOCi3Fl.jpg

• Alt likes this

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

Your game would look better if you weren't playing on a 4:3 resolution; but I guess you are limited by your monitor.

Also, your game would look better if you used a better timecyc that improved the gradients in the sky; or used the latest ENB to force HDR (use only d3d9.dll, enbseries.ini and enblocal.ini; and disable all effects in enbseries.ini)

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:37 AM Edited by ric4rd094, 07 May 2014 - 12:00 PM.

Your game would look better if you weren't playing on a 4:3 resolution; but I guess you are limited by your monitor.

Also, your game would look better if you used a better timecyc that improved the gradients in the sky; or used the latest ENB to force HDR (use only d3d9.dll, enbseries.ini and enblocal.ini; and disable all effects in enbseries.ini)

Can you provide me a link to a timecyc like you said? I'll be thankful ;)

Can I use timecyc form this topic: http://gtaforums.com...timecyc-update/ ?

Semih95
  • Semih95

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

The fourth - do you have that bug with sizes of coronas: it won't become bigger (or smaller) smoothly - corona just disappears from fixed distance. So from far away it has one size, then it disappears while you're going (flying) toward it and then appear as regular lamppost light (when you're too close to it). Is this common thing for 2dfx project? Can this be fixed?

Do you mean this here http://gtaforums.com...x/?p=1065159469 ? I posted that a while ago

El Dorado
  • El Dorado

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Hum... with sa_draw_distance_changer there are no holes on map. But without it, no matter what, always there's a hole around. It's pretty annoying. When you guys updated to version 2.x, the code for LOD distance had any change?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

No, IDE tweaker haven't been modified.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users