[REL|III|VC|SA|IV] Project 2dfx

2,185 replies to this topic
SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

I have been playing with the settings and this seems to be most reasonable and nicest.

Trees gets loaded in the far distance and other objects too.

[MAIN]
patch_tobjs=1
patch_lods=0
patch_generic=1

[TOBJS]
tobjs_draw_distance_multiplier = 3.0

[LODS]
lods_draw_distance_multiplier = 2.5
lods_new_draw_distance = 3000.0 //if multiplier is set, this value will be ignored

[OBJS]
max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects = 2000.0
generic_new_draw_distance = 2000.0

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

On my modded game i have a constant crash in Los Santos. Somehow i need to figure why.
il87.th.jpg

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:36 AM Edited by SilverRST, 18 September 2013 - 12:37 AM.

What settings are you using? My game is modded too with several cleo and asi mods.

But one thing is for sure, I don't have those lights in the far distance as in your screenshots.

Don't know why. Maybe because I set the max draw distance to 2000.

When using the 3000, I got constant crashes too.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:03 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 18 September 2013 - 01:06 AM.

Haven't been very active lately since I've been playing GTA V.

But anyway. After some testing, it seems the game has a limit on how many things can be spawned on the screen before it just doesn't spawn them at all.

If you use these settings (very unstable), you can see trees from almost everywhere since the game isn't trying to spawn them in as far as they would with 3000.

[MAIN]
patch_tobjs=1
patch_lods=1
patch_generic=1

[TOBJS]
tobjs_draw_distance_multiplier = 3.0

[LODS]
lods_draw_distance_multiplier = 0.0
lods_new_draw_distance = 3000.0 //if multiplier is set, this value will be ignored

[OBJS]
max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects = 2000.0
generic_new_draw_distance = 1000.0

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

On my modded game i have a constant crash in Los Santos. Somehow i need to figure why.

Any chance of making a debug script to show how many current objects etc are loaded and placed on screen? How many LOD's etc?

Maybe this could help in assisting with the crashes .. ?

@SilverRST

Maybe you aren't using the CoronaLimit script :: http://dk22pac.blogs...oronalimit.html

This hacks the Corona Limit from 64 to 1000.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

Any chance of making a debug script to show how many current objects etc are loaded and placed on screen? How many LOD's etc?

Maybe this could help in assisting with the crashes .. ?

@SilverRST

Maybe you aren't using the CoronaLimit script :: http://dk22pac.blogs...oronalimit.html

This hacks the Corona Limit from 64 to 1000.

Nope, I installed the coronalimit. Asi files must always be installed in the root of GTA SA right?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

Do you have dff files installed from the first post?

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:17 PM Edited by SilverRST, 18 September 2013 - 05:24 PM.

I needed to install the dff files to get those far distance lights?

Does anyone get a crash when driving around the docks of LS? Somewhere near the airport?

Phillipino0418
  • Phillipino0418

Simple Modders

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

This is sooooo awesome  :r*:  :r*:  :r*:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

I needed to install the dff files to get those far distance lights?

Does anyone get a crash when driving around the docks of LS? Somewhere near the airport?

Of course. It's the only way to change the corona distance. The IDE tweaker only changes the distances of the lampposts, not the coronas.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

And what if the IDE Tweaker only extends the distance of the lampposts?

ThirteenAG, can you make a seperate asi to extends only the distance of the lampposts?

That would be really nice and it makes the game look more immersive.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

ThirteenAG, can you make a seperate asi to extends only the distance of the lampposts?

What would be the point in that? It would only be useful for mods that change the generic folder.. I already increased the draw distance of lamppost to the max in the original release along with every other object.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:48 AM Edited by SilverRST, 19 September 2013 - 02:48 AM.

What would be the point in that? It would only be useful for mods that change the generic folder.. I already increased the draw distance of lamppost to the max in the original release along with every other object.

Without the IDE Tweaker you won't get the extended distance of the lampposts like in the screenshots by ThirteenAG.

his screenshot:

http://img18.imagesh...8/4581/il87.jpg

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:03 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 19 September 2013 - 03:04 AM.

Without the IDE Tweaker you won't get the extended distance of the lampposts like in the screenshots by ThirteenAG.

his screenshot:

http://img18.imagesh...8/4581/il87.jpg

I've already mentioned the game has a limit on how many things can be on the screen before they don't spawn at all. I've tried increasing the distance of regular objects before being turned into an LOD with SA Limit Adjuster and it still crashes with only lamppost distance changed.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:08 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 19 September 2013 - 02:09 PM.

True, i tested it with only dynamic.ide and dynamic2.ide draw distances, and it seems like it crashes anyway. I tried to use extended draw distance only on lampposts, it crashes too. Funny thing, it crashes always in los santos, and never in SF or LV.

So, only stable value is 300.0.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

True, i tested it with only dynamic.ide and dynamic2.ide draw distances, and it seems like it crashes anyway. I tried to use extended draw distance only on lampposts, it crashes too. Funny thing, it crashes always in los santos, and never in SF or LV.

So, only stable value is 300.0.

I don't think its breaching limits either. Adjusting all the limits for IPL, IDE, etc.. with SA Limit Adjuster doesn't seem to work.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:27 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 21 September 2013 - 03:30 PM.

Released a patch for ThirteenAG's Improved Lamppost Lights mod.. it changes the lamppost corona to white instead of orange to match the spotlight, I prefer the orange lampposts but some might like it. You can get in on the first post.

710960277284364.jpg 

• In45do likes this

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

patch_lods=1 works stable enough with default timecyc(farClp) and default game:

ncn0.th.jpg  

No holes at all after map is loaded once.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:47 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 22 September 2013 - 11:47 AM.

So I've spent most of my morning trying to figure out the crash in LS and I've found nothing..

On another note, would it be possible to increase the distance of the high-poly objects before they get turned into an LOD? Similar to the .LOD mod.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:49 AM Edited by -BLITZ-, 22 September 2013 - 11:56 AM.

Folks, don't forget to ask yourselfs that is not important how far the draw distance is set to; is about how many objects you want to generate. After trying all the possible ways to add 6500 new trees in the game for draw distance, somewhere around this number you hit the final limit on both IPL (even if here, is not the case) that SA can give for free space making my game to crash few seconds after playing or crashing every time I was looking down from any skyscraper. For lampost and other generic objects, I'm sure they are triple the number than 6500 trees. Even if you don't change something from IPL, doing the changes through IDE to increase the distance, still affects the numbers you activate for those objects to generate to a portion of just one city.

It's kind of impossible on such old engine as the limits are low. I've been doing much better with Vice City since there is a lot of free available space to add more objects cause VC doesn't have so many objets like SA.

You could try with SALA or Alexander Limit Adjuster who in which is a .exe tool that changes the gta_sa.exe, but even with this tool I couldn't do much about.

Well, uh.. some of you guys already talked about this at SA: Render Thread. So basically is the same thing.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:31 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 22 September 2013 - 12:31 PM.

So I used SALA to change the LOD distance to 1000 then I changed the Lamppost distance (only lamppost distance) to 1000 and it seemed pretty stable. Sadly, because of IPL limits it doesn't go as far as it should (refuses to spawn more lamppost from the IPL) and it comes at the cost of less vegetation distance..

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:28 PM Edited by -BLITZ-, 29 September 2013 - 09:31 PM.

After looking into the archive that I downloaded for SA, I notice the files of lampost and that means they were modified to work with corona effects. Quick question! Whatever method was made to "attach" that corona effect to these DFF, could be done as well for any trees to actually see them for further distances ? I'm not saying to attach the corona effect to trees.

For the beginning, I have no idea who they were made to work, so I guess or try to understand from the look of it. My conception could be wrong.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

After looking into the archive that I downloaded for SA, I notice the files of lampost and that means they were modified to work with corona effects. Quick question! Whatever method was made to "attach" that corona effect to these DFF, could be done as well for any trees to actually see them for further distances ? I'm not saying to attach the corona effect to trees.

For the beginning, I have no idea who they were made to work, so I guess or try to understand from the look of it. My conception could be wrong.

He used this method:

http://gtaforums.com...e/?p=1063142538

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 30 September 2013 - 05:36 PM.

http://gtaforums.com...or-your-models/

Easiest way to attach coronas to .dff's. Although, you can only attach 2dfx effects, corona being one of them.

EDIT: Also, 2dfx effects only appear when the host object is spawned, so somehow making a 2dfx effect of a tree wouldn't work because the tree would need to be spawned in for the 2dfx to pop up.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

I guess we'll never find out the fix for the limits so the game runs with all those far distance without a single crash.

It is a shame R* has underestimated the PC many times. Playing with the IDE Tweaker is fun and all,

but it's not worth the constant crashes. It also happened the old sunhaze or better called, the lens flare mod,

is kind of uncompatible with the IDE Tweaker. I use the old lens flare mod pure for the PS2 sunhaze.

• TJGM likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:21 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 03 October 2013 - 05:24 PM.

I guess we'll never find out the fix for the limits so the game runs with all those far distance without a single crash.

It is a shame R* has underestimated the PC many times. Playing with the IDE Tweaker is fun and all,

but it's not worth the constant crashes. It also happened the old sunhaze or better called, the lens flare mod,

is kind of uncompatible with the IDE Tweaker. I use the old lens flare mod pure for the PS2 sunhaze.

Well I have been thinking of this one idea but it would take really long to do and it can be buggy at times. I was going to attach 2dfx effects to all of the LOD's instead of the lampposts (of course the effect would be placed where the lamppost would be). Sadly, finding the coordinates to place the 2dfx on each LOD would take really long, and I'm pretty sure the game would magically find a way to crash even if I did manage to do it.

If someone figured out how to place 2dfx effects (similar to IV) in the IPL instead of attaching them to objects, you could get the coordinates of all the lampposts (wouldn't actually take that long as they're all in binary IPL's) and just play the effect with their coordinates. BUT.. I'm pretty sure you'll run into IPL Limits like Blitz did, so that idea was also cancelled.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Yeah, we can't do anything, even with that idea of yours like IV does with their 2dfx.

We just have to break the limits completely. R* finally realised they could extend the 2dfx after a little more than a decade...

And it also seems LS is the only city which has constant crashes.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:31 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 03 October 2013 - 07:34 PM.

Yeah, we can't do anything, even with that idea of yours like IV does with their 2dfx.

We just have to break the limits completely. R* finally realised they could extend the 2dfx after a little more than a decade...

Yup. Not sure what causes the crashes either, since its clearly not a limit. It also only seems to crash at East LS for me, I can drive around the rest of LS without a single crash as long as I don't turn the camera east.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:42 PM Edited by SilverRST, 03 October 2013 - 07:44 PM.

Yup. Not sure what causes the crashes either, since its clearly not a limit. It also only seems to crash at East LS for me, I can drive around the rest of LS without a single crash as long as I don't turn the camera east.

The most bad part is the place near the LS docks. It's big problem because when trying to enter an airplane at the LSX,

It's actually impossible to get an airplane there.

But I have given up the IDE Tweaker, I just can't take the crashes any longer.

Good bye 2dfx lights :(

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

I believe it's possible to increase draw distance for script coronas, and since corona limit was increased and could be increased even more, it could be worth trying to spawn some coronas via cleo in lamppost's coordinates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users