Photo

[REL|III|VC|SA] Project 2dfx

1,703 replies to this topic
format c:
  • format c:

Uncivilized Neanderthal

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:05 AM Edited by format c:, 23 February 2014 - 01:10 AM.

reinstalled the game

stream memory fix + memory 2048, along with project 2dfx and other .img mods via modloader, no more holes.

need to do more tests with more mods, and with .lod mod.

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:29 AM Edited by methodunderg, 23 February 2014 - 03:29 AM.

Why are you using two stream memory mods?

format c:
  • format c:

Uncivilized Neanderthal

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:56 PM Edited by format c:, 23 February 2014 - 08:02 PM.

Why are you using two stream memory mods?

tough times demand tough actions

and they kinda worked well together, you know

OT - It's possible to do something about the lights at Camel's Toe?

vPhm7XDl.png

HrSEc7nl.png

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

tough times demand tough actions

I like this quote.

ProngCZ
  • ProngCZ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

Hello,

I use this mod for Vice City. It is quite astonishing work you modders did, but there is one problem that keeps me from enjoying your mod :D Every time I fly a plane, game usually crashes in like 6 seconds (same issue as one guy described in this forum). I´ve tried increasing limits in mvl globalm (http://pastebin.com/UpsX5Lua), but with no result. The same story with another limit adjusters (even with those you provided). BTW I have Vice Cry 1.72 installed. The only thing that seems to eliminate the problem is changing the "max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects" in 2dfxvc.ini to 300. However this solution makes the game sort of ugly, especially when you fly - massive pop up everywhere (mostly noticable at Leaf Links). I´d like to ask whether there is any solution - no crash in plane + higher draw distance at the same time. Thanks alot and cheers.

families for life
  • families for life

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

This is off topic but on this web site I wanted to know how to put a picture next to my name like everyone else.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:02 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 01 March 2014 - 09:05 PM.

Hello,
I use this mod for Vice City. It is quite astonishing work you modders did, but there is one problem that keeps me from enjoying your mod :D Every time I fly a plane, game usually crashes in like 6 seconds (same issue as one guy described in this forum). I´ve tried increasing limits in mvl globalm (http://pastebin.com/UpsX5Lua), but with no result. The same story with another limit adjusters (even with those you provided). BTW I have Vice Cry 1.72 installed. The only thing that seems to eliminate the problem is changing the "max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects" in 2dfxvc.ini to 300. However this solution makes the game sort of ugly, especially when you fly - massive pop up everywhere (mostly noticable at Leaf Links). I´d like to ask whether there is any solution - no crash in plane + higher draw distance at the same time. Thanks alot and cheers.

Well, there's no solution for this crash [yet?], so yeah, only thing you can do is to keep "max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects" default.
However, i don't have it that often, dunno why though.

ProngCZ
  • ProngCZ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

Hello,

Well, there's no solution for this crash [yet?], so yeah, only thing you can do is to keep "max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects" default.
However, i don't have it that often, dunno why though.

Okay :-) anyways thanks for your answer. Keep on the good work ;-)

Semih95
  • Semih95

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:48 PM Edited by Semih95, 03 March 2014 - 07:40 PM.

Problem solved.

This mod is working fine for me with the newest SRT and LOd Mod but now I have this blue holes in the map

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

Problem solved.

This mod is working fine for me with the newest SRT and LOd Mod but now I have this blue holes in the map

Try to use asi stream memory fix and cleo stream memory fix at the same time.

Semih95
  • Semih95

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

Thanks I think its okay now how it is. Now I need something like a vehicle lod mod so I can see the vehicles from far away

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by TJGM, 03 March 2014 - 08:30 PM.

Doesn't work like that sadly. Vehicles already have LOD's and because of nodes, vehicles can only be a certain distance away from the player before they eventually despawn.

Although, you can use SA:Traffic to spawn in cars further than the current game, although it may not be as far as you like.

Fairlight_
  • Fairlight_

Game of Mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

Can anyone share a good settings for this ? Coronas and stuff seems to work for me, but whenever I change value in the .ini, nothing happen ingame (Like the draw distance). Or maybe I'm the one that can edit/use it properly ._.

Semih95
  • Semih95

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

Doesn't work like that sadly. Vehicles already have LOD's and because of nodes, vehicles can only be a certain distance away from the player before they eventually despawn.

Although, you can use SA:Traffic to spawn in cars further than the current game, although it may not be as far as you like.

Thanks for the answer. I´m not an expert at modding but is it possible to replace the lod from vehicles with the original modell from the vehicle ? It´s sad when you can´t. Anyways I will wate for the retextured vehicles from flame in HRT 1.4. Maybe it will look better.

dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

What about this?

In GTA IV and GTA V they used a box (12 polygons) and made these boxes spawn at random colors everyone on the paths. Get a helicopter and look down. I think this would be doable for SA.

TommyCJFaann
  • TommyCJFaann

Posterised.

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

What about this?

In GTA IV and GTA V they used a box (12 polygons) and made these boxes spawn at random colors everyone on the paths. Get a helicopter and look down. I think this would be doable for SA.

Any screenshots?

Meheraj7
  • Meheraj7

Did You See The MAS

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

(Sorry if it becomes a late comment) About the building lights , I have it included in my GTA V texs for GTA SA V2 mod.
On-topic= While using Ide tweaker , I face a problem :/ when "gen patch=1" The game crashes with no errors in some locations :( , and I need "gen patch" because I added some objects,buildings in some places and they dont hav their own lod , so they disappear from distance :|

dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

What about this?

Any screenshots?

48b8d6312189856.jpg 

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

What about this?

Except they move and it'd be a pain putting them on car paths. If we could put moving objects on car paths at any distance, I think actual cars would've already been done by now. :p God damn nodes.
  • Meheraj7 likes this

Meheraj7
  • Meheraj7

Did You See The MAS

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

I fixed it, doesnt crash no more :D

dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

What about this?

Except they move and it'd be a pain putting them on car paths. If we could put moving objects on car paths at any distance, I think actual cars would've already been done by now. :p God damn nodes.

Do you seriously think the game or a PC can handle so much objects? Even if they used the chassis_vlo it still is way overboard.

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:47 PM Edited by TJGM, 06 March 2014 - 07:52 PM.

What about this?

Do you seriously think the game or a PC can handle so much objects? Even if they used the chassis_vlo it still is way overboard.

I never said how many cars have to be spawned in.. :p But nodes prevent any of this from happening anyway.

Objects following car paths could be complicated. Especially since they need to turn correctly and not spawn all in one position.

dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

What about this?

I never said how many cars have to be spawned in.. :p But nodes prevent any of this from happening anyway.

Objects following car paths could be complicated. Especially since they need to turn correctly and not spawn all in one position.

The script chooses the objects which are set as vehicles from the game files and spawns the on the paths. An edition of script.scm could be made by copying the part where the cars are spawning and making the spawn area inverse but using just one objects, not objects classed as vehicles. Not sure if this is possible since I don't know sh*t about coding...

format c:
  • format c:

Uncivilized Neanderthal

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

Just leaving a random screen here

hqFehdG.png

• TJGM and BlackScout like this

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:59 PM

By the way, Project 2dfx 2.0 is in development actually. Haven't you heard? dancepeter__1__bigger.gif

ecs6.jpg
  • Kalvin, Ermac. and Concavax like this

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:04 AM

Haven't you heard? dancepeter__1__bigger.gif

Hmm, nope.

_DK
  • _DK

Call me 'The Bald Guy"

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

Isn't it possible to leave default 2dfx light, just with increased visibility distance?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:11 AM Edited by ThirteenAG, 09 March 2014 - 12:12 AM.

Hmm, nope.

Isn't it possible to leave default 2dfx light, just with increased visibility distance?

Who knows?
  • TJGM likes this

_DK
  • _DK

Call me 'The Bald Guy"

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:13 AM

I know.
I just wanted to ask why didn't you do it in this way.
  • Meheraj7 likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:13 AM Edited by Silent, 09 March 2014 - 12:14 AM.

Quite possibly, but p2dfx 2.0 way gives pretty much the same effect + still shows the corona even if the object is not streamed in (which wouldn't be the case with increasing proper 2dfx draw distance).
  • Meheraj7 likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users