RW Released IV Released
2,991 replies to this topic
El Dorado
  • El Dorado

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

I noticed some missing coronas on SF airport (Unless if it's intended to be this way)

thNxtvX.jpg

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

Actually, that's how the coronas are on the ground too, not sure why R* decided to do it that way, but that's how it is.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

Well, Vice City crash in the air is related to limits

oh my effing god, limits!
  • Silent likes this

El Dorado
  • El Dorado

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

Actually, that's how the coronas are on the ground too, not sure why R* decided to do it that way, but that's how it is.

Well, you put those lights over Missionary Hill, can the same be done again?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:21 PM Edited by nkjellman, 17 April 2014 - 05:36 PM.

Well, Vice City crash in the air is related to limits, due to increased draw distance. You can disable it in ini file.

Absolutely,I have searched for it and the best info on this object I have found in here(also has a photo).
There's another stoplight of this type and it can be found here,although I do not know whether it has a corona or not,but still,just in case.
Also,there's a nice little something I am working on at the moment that is mostly intended for Project 2dfx users,soon will post some photos.

Well, we decided to use only one corona(red/green) for traffic lights, because they're smaller and with additional coronas might not be visible at all.

I don't know why, but I always crash right after takeoff in aircraft that are already in the game. But flying in a MVL aircraft its fine. I can do all the flying I want.

Edit: For the GTA IV version, there are a few pointers I'd like to point out.

-That corona bug in the water reflection like I mentioned before.

-Vice City Rage (first version) crashed when flying too, and it had all the coronas). However some later builds didn't have that issue.

-GTA IV has the distantlights.dat simulating the far away coronas. Removing this will remove the fake coronas, but it will also remove the distant cars. Do you think you will be able to find a way to keep the distant vehicles?

-I'd recommend building the GTA IV version on top of my mod GTA IV & EFLC Graphical Bug Fix. It fixes many of the corona issues that occurred after patch 6 and on EFLC. It might actually fix the issue you were having with corronas disappearing. Just be sure to give credit.

http://gtaforums.com...ical-bug-fixes/

-Also, on GTA III, VC, and SA, the cities were pre-lit. Therefor the coronas appear to illuminate the ground unlike on IV. On V, the ground appears illuminated (Not sure if the LODS are prelight, or its using a more modern method which is the more likely case). It should be possible to illuminate the ground on IV, as it is illuminated in Star Junction.

-Do you think it might be possible to increase the distance that shadows are rendered on IV? (I wouldn't do this on Night shadows too far unless you want the game to look like a slideshow, one frame per every few seconds)

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Sure, if people want it. I've also noticed R* enabled pretty stupid 'flashing' on the ground coronas on the SF airport. If you have time, just fly onto the runway and notice how the coronas occasionally flash for some reason. Should this be removed, or keep it?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

Well, at least i think it is, due to increased draw distance and LOD distance. I could be wrong though, insanely hard to tell without a crashlog.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

Well, at least i think it is, due to increased draw distance and LOD distance. I could be wrong though, insanely hard to tell without a crashlog.

only thing I can imagine is the render list getting full, but that'd be reproducible... right?

El Dorado
  • El Dorado

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

Sure, if people want it. I've also noticed R* enabled pretty stupid 'flashing' on the ground coronas on the SF airport. If you have time, just fly onto the runway and notice how the coronas occasionally flash for some reason. Should this be removed, or keep it?

I'm a people and I want it. And yes, it's better to have static lights. Other airports have this problems too?

• TJGM likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

I'm not sure. If they do, I'll change them too. Thanks for letting me know.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

only thing I can imagine is the render list getting full, but that'd be reproducible... right?

Can't reproduce it at the moment with increased limits via MVL, but i'm pretty sure i had this crash on a clean game.

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Madness is like gravity. All it takes it a little push!

• Feroci
  • Germany

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

For now, it uses default corona texture. Would it be possible to use an own texture, maybe in particle.txd or such, and if this texture doesn't exist, keep using original one?

Wesser
  • Wesser

The complexity simplifier, the efficiency optimizer.

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

only thing I can imagine is the render list getting full...

It shouldn't crash for such reason. Whenever render chains are full, they would ignore any entity/atomic pushed into.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:04 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 17 April 2014 - 07:24 PM.

For now, it uses default corona texture. Would it be possible to use an own texture, maybe in particle.txd or such, and if this texture doesn't exist, keep using original one?

Pardon, yes, it's possible to use one of unused textures from hud.txd for example.

It shouldn't crash for such reason. Whenever render chains are full, they would ignore any entity/atomic pushed into.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1062085005

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:30 AM Edited by ric4rd094, 18 April 2014 - 09:30 AM.

Hi guys :)

First of all - this mod is AWESOME, it gives new life to San Andreas area :)

I just want to ask a couple of questions:

1) In sa_draw_distance_changer, when i change:

a1=2.0

a2=1.0
y=2800.0

to:

a1=1.0
a2=0.5
y=1400.0

it means, that draw distance will be half far then before?

2) I want to use SRt3 Mipmap Edition 2014. What is the best way to combine this mod with yours (2dfx)?
In SRT, there are two files in cleo folder - memory512.cs (prevents texture not loading and disappearing) and binthesky_by_DK.cs - to boost the stream memory of the game. Should I put these in cleo with yours limit_adjuster_gta3vcsa and IDE_DD_tweaker?

Greetings! :)

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:38 AM Edited by TJGM, 18 April 2014 - 09:38 AM.

1) - Pretty much.

2) - Yes.

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

Remember who you are... :)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

1) - Pretty much.

2) - Yes.

Thank for reply, I have one more question to you - 2dfx provides LOD objects(?) in modloader folder. Will they not be in confict with Srt?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

it means, that draw distance will be half far then before?

There's a link to a specific website inside that ini file actually.
7in5.th.jpg

2) I want to use SRt3 Mipmap Edition 2014. What is the best way to combine this mod with yours (2dfx)?

Nothing to combine, they're not interfere to each other. Use modloader and you'll be good.

Wesser
  • Wesser

The complexity simplifier, the efficiency optimizer.

• Feroci
  • Unknown

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:38 AM Edited by Wesser, 18 April 2014 - 11:40 AM.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1062085005

Render chains aren't involved, being count-safe (they are pre-allocated linked lists featuring a free list which stops "recycling" the new requested object when there is no more). Increasing CRenderer::ms_aVisibleEntityPtrs[2000] (0x007D54F8) might be a solution.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:47 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 18 April 2014 - 12:53 PM.

Render chains aren't involved, being count-safe (they are pre-allocated linked lists featuring a free list which stops "recycling" the new requested object when there is no more). Increasing CRenderer::ms_aVisibleEntityPtrs[2000] (0x007D54F8) might be a solution.

Has been done in all versions of p2dfx.
Btw, i just flied over the city with a simple flying camera script and had a crash near the stadium: http://pastebin.com/uQRESD1R
May not be related to draw distance at all, but i don't know.

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:46 PM Edited by Performer, 19 April 2014 - 12:46 PM.

8s1SaDXe.png

This mod has so much power + MartyMcFly ENB = Incredible.

• Danikov, Marty McFly, ByteCode2014 and 1 other like this

Rocket350
  • Rocket350

Bucketheadland

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:53 PM Edited by Rocket350, 20 April 2014 - 12:55 PM.

Thanks. That mod looks very amazing!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

There are some concerns I got regarding the mod all three games.

III and VC:

-Would it be possible to render the water outside the map with out screwing up anything else. (Has been done on VC, but it had issues with rendering up close water, and the waves.)

-Is it possible to completely remove all the loading screens in between islands so the map loads only normal models, and Lods? I have this on VC, but it flashes the loading screen between islands.

-Is it possible to just increase the distance that the water tiles load?

-Will there be a fix for models disappearing on the left and right edges of the screen? (NOTE: I'm using the wide screen fix on a 1920x1080 monitor.)

VC:

-Will there ever be a fix for the horizon? It doesn't look very nice when flying above the original height limit. Heck, the horizon looks nicer on GTA III.

SA:

-Will it be possible to only have coronas for interiors loaded when their needed?

-Do you think you may add coronas to the snowey part of Liberty City (Portland) that is in the game? Maybe add a Lod of Staunton Island with coronas?

-Do you think you may make it so you can have different draw distances during different weathers. For example, you don't see far when underwater, or when its foggy, etc... but sunny weathers you can see far.

-Do you think you will be able to fix the morning smog over the water? It still has the rendering issues that the water had.

-Is there any way to increase the aircraft height limit? I know an old limit adjuster removed it but that is obviously outdated.

III, VC, and SA:

-Just an idea to add to the mod. What about distant cars that drive on the roads. Basically kinda like how IV's distantlights.dat makes lod cars appear that drive on the streets, to make it look more alive. The cars would have headlight and taillight coronas at night. It might be a tough one to do though.

miclin
  • miclin

old stager

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:12 AM Edited by miclin, 24 April 2014 - 12:13 AM.

Distant cars not possible ;).
WEll, its possible but not effective^^

Nights744
  • Nights744

jochuan - Never forget!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:47 AM

I don't know whether this is already discussed or if someone else has got this issue but look:

fbb862322526243.jpg 3daba0322526250.jpg

I get these flying saucer like lights above San Fierro. I tested the modification on two different computers and I got the same issue on both of them.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:15 AM

I don't know whether this is already discussed or if someone else has got this issue but look:

I get these flying saucer like lights above San Fierro. I tested the modification on two different computers and I got the same issue on both of them.

If you read the last page, those are interior lights.

• TJGM and Nights744 like this

Nights744
  • Nights744

jochuan - Never forget!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:23 AM

If you read the last page, those are interior lights.

Oh thanks, I missed that! A friend of mine urged me to report that bug so I tested it and only checked the last page.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:40 AM Edited by ThirteenAG, 24 April 2014 - 08:43 AM.

-Would it be possible to render the water outside the map with out screwing up anything else. (Has been done on VC, but it had issues with rendering up close water, and the waves.)

Screens? Haven't noticed any problems in GTA3.

-Is it possible to completely remove all the loading screens in between islands so the map loads only normal models, and Lods? I have this on VC, but it flashes the loading screen between islands.

Don't know. I have this VCMP addon plugin, but it still freezes the game for a bit between islands.

Don't get it, isn't it already made?

-Will there be a fix for models disappearing on the left and right edges of the screen? (NOTE: I'm using the wide screen fix on a 1920x1080 monitor.)

In gta3 it's caused by increased draw distance in 2dfx_gta3.ini. Never saw in on VC. No idea how to fix.

VC:
-Will there ever be a fix for the horizon? It doesn't look very nice when flying above the original height limit. Heck, the horizon looks nicer on GTA III.

Screen maybe? I never noticed.

SA:
-Will it be possible to only have coronas for interiors loaded when their needed?

In the next update i'll disable corona rendering in interiors, due to a bug, when they all shown in the mirror. Or you referring to this ring in the sky?

-Do you think you may add coronas to the snowey part of Liberty City (Portland) that is in the game? Maybe add a Lod of Staunton Island with coronas?

What's the point?

-Do you think you may make it so you can have different draw distances during different weathers. For example, you don't see far when underwater, or when its foggy, etc... but sunny weathers you can see far.

Personally i'm not interested to do so.

-Do you think you will be able to fix the morning smog over the water? It still has the rendering issues that the water had.

Same.

-Is there any way to increase the aircraft height limit? I know an old limit adjuster removed it but that is obviously outdated.

Ryosuke's plugin? Plus i'm pretty sure there are other ways to achieve that.

-Just an idea to add to the mod. What about distant cars that drive on the roads. Basically kinda like how IV's distantlights.dat makes lod cars appear that drive on the streets, to make it look more alive. The cars would have headlight and taillight coronas at night. It might be a tough one to do though.
Yeah, i thought about it, but i have no idea how to implement it.
  • nkjellman likes this

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Madness is like gravity. All it takes it a little push!

• Feroci
  • Germany

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

I would like an enhancement of the morning fog. As it is at the moment, it's pretty unusable.

MW_29
  • MW_29

i came to play

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:49 PM Edited by MW_29, 24 April 2014 - 02:53 PM.

There are some concerns I got regarding the mod all three games.

III and VC:

VC:

In fact xanser made some mod which fixes water outside VC map boundaries thus that it affects it's visibility from far distance and by this i think the horizon is also fixed. Here You go: http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=25707

...Yeah, sure. Use this map.zon file. Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/rd55sq I also recommend to increase LOD object visibility values and get rid of those LOD instances in islandsf.IPL file:

2600, IslandLODmainland, 0, -1052.939697, -72.16040039, 161.1144714, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
2634, IslandLODbeach, 0, 271.0140686, -149.0787354, 75.95504761, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1

...for me it works and there is no flashing loading screens at all, and i know what flashing You are talking about bcz i encountered it before i fixed it i this way. :)

• Alt and nkjellman like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users