2,932 replies to this topic
Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• GTA Mods Staff
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:20 AM Edited by methodunderg, 23 October 2013 - 12:21 AM.

Any particular time of day?
From what I remember, I didn't experience any significant FPS loss when driving across.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Nevermind, it's not caused by this mod. Sorry.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:37 AM Edited by SilverRST, 23 October 2013 - 02:04 AM.

I'm pretty sure that SilverRST tried a few things with his model of his car that he is converting to try and get around that Window bug.

Some people said it only happened in LS, and hardly ever @ night?

Yes, I have tried many things and y carmodel doesn't have standard GTA SA windows textures.

It uses its own glass texture and the windows is not attached to the chassis otherwise this will cause weird

bug as you can see engine stuff through the front window because the glass objects are placed above in the .dff.

And I also have to seperate the doors windows and place them under the doors in the hierarchy

I'll try more things when I have time, but I doubt it will work because the front window

have two materials: glass and black spec to act like a blact plastic holding the winow glass.

Only the glass materials disappears at certain angle.

EDIT

This bother me as why if I place the camera at certain angle the windows won't disappear

and it will not disappear if I keep moving the camera at that angle.

I took some screenshots:

7db2f6283358201.jpg

1a21ac283358203.jpg

b1151f283358207.jpg

Only if the camera is pointed to straight forward, window will disappear.

Yeah well I hope what he meant by "2DFX for buildings" will be a continuation of that mod by aftburner.

That's exactly what I mean .. placing more lampposts in the countryside .. its rather dark @ night, and I know IRL on the main roads in the countryside there are still quite a few lampposts to light up the road. Safety first !

Ah, the endless possibilities of GTA SA Modding.

You can do almost anything to GTA SA. I'm looking forward to placing some lampposts in the countryside.

But the lines of those placed lampposts have to be added the 2dfx txt files to have the distance working.

Ad i hope aftburner will continue the 2dfx building and stuff. some original buildings

absolutely looks like shiny poop.

Musi
  • Musi

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

In LV when you look towards LS the car windows dissapear.

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

Thanks for the new update especially the new limit adjuster! Will you be updating it adding new limits to adjust? Sorry for being off topic but is it possible to crack the map bounds limit for SA?

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

I have noticed something. One of my GTA SA game is heavily modded with the Snow Sa Andreas HQ 2011

and all the IPL/IDE seperated into its own IMG files like GTAIV.

You know what I'm talking about, Any city has its own img files and....no more windows disappearing bug!

I think when the game is organized into their own seperated img files, the game handles the files much better

than when loading them all from one img file: gta3.img.

i used the tool IMG Organizer by fastman92.

I have not used his tool for the normal game without the Snow San Adreas HQ 2011 but it can work.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Interesting. Does it fix all the alpha issues? Or is it only the windows?

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:48 PM Edited by SilverRST, 23 October 2013 - 03:49 PM.

I'm not sure because the trees are white lol. You know, snow mod :p

But I have not encountered windows bug, even when in cockpit view and aming the camera to LS,

the windows stays there.

I'll check again. I'll take the time to check them.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Tested with IMG Organiser. Windows and everything else still has alpha issues.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:18 PM Edited by KawakSallas, 23 October 2013 - 04:19 PM.

max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects is not adjustable anymore?

Values I tested (patch_generic=0, patch_all_normal=1)

0, Default = Runs fine.
100 = Crash before loading the game.
3000 = Random crashes in game.
10000 = Works fine, but it don't make any visual difference.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:21 PM Edited by MrMateczko, 23 October 2013 - 04:24 PM.

max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects is tied with the normal_new_draw_distance. The max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects simply tells how big the normal_new_draw_distance can be. So with the patch_generic=0:

normal_new_draw_distance =< max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects.

It's best to set both values the same.

When max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects is set to 0.0, the normal_new_draw_distance can only be 300, as 0.0 = 300.0. ThirteenAG said to not to touch it at all, because when you increase the normal_new_draw_distance above 300 (or 250) you get alpha bugs.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

MrMateczko basically said it.

Although, max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects only increases the distance that regular objects can be. The original is 300, so if you're putting any settings for objects that aren't LOD's above 300, make sure you adjust max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects to be the same or higher then them.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Yes. I put both values the same now. Still, anything higher than defaults or makes the game crash or doesn't work at all.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

It works fine for me.. what are your settings?

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

[MAIN]
enable=1
patch_tobjs=1
patch_lods=1
patch_generic=0
patch_all_normal=1 //do not use at the same time with patch_generic=1

[TOBJS]
tobjs_draw_distance_multiplier = 3.0

[LODS]
lods_draw_distance_multiplier = 2.5
lods_new_draw_distance = 2000.0 //if multiplier is set, this value will be ignored

[OBJS]
max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects = 600.0 // it's better not to touch it at all
generic_new_draw_distance = 300.0
normal_new_draw_distance = 600.0

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:37 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 23 October 2013 - 04:37 PM.

Works fine for me. Try setting max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects to 3000 and then pick your settings for normal_new_draw_distance.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:52 PM Edited by KawakSallas, 23 October 2013 - 05:03 PM.

I don't know, since yesterday my game (or my computer) is acting strange, I will do a clean install to test it later.

EDIT - Fixed everything with memory2048.cs. I was using the 512 fix but it got corrupted.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Hopefully i'll sort out all know bugs in Vice City version tomorrow.
How's the performance in VC btw? I tested it today on another pc with integrated video and i don't like it at all. I think mod needs further optimization.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

I haven't noticed any performance issues with VC, but optimizations and tweaks are always welcome. And like you said, yes, it's filled with bugs.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

New version for VC, as promised: https://github.com/T...dfx_vc/releases
Notice there's no mapNodesLimit_vc.asi, so don't forget to delete it if you have v1.0.
Barely tested, so report everything.

Sakaesama
  • Sakaesama

STR

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:47 AM Edited by Sakaesama, 25 October 2013 - 06:32 PM.

May I ask for the permission for reposting this mod to the other forum with this page's web link?~ I think this is a great mod~ So I wanted to share it with my friends~ i will mark u as the author on the repost page~~

Zera
  • Zera

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:30 AM Edited by Zera, 25 October 2013 - 03:39 AM.

New version for VC, as promised: https://github.com/T...dfx_vc/releases
Notice there's no mapNodesLimit_vc.asi, so don't forget to delete it if you have v1.0.
Barely tested, so report everything.

There are far less alpha issues on this one (helicopter blades is the only thing I noticed). Still crashes without mvl.

EDIT: Crashes with mvl when flying too.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

Probably because of increased draw distance. It's good to have increased limits for this.

May I ask for the permission for reposting this mod to the other forum with this page's web link?~ I think this is a great mod~ And I really wanted to share it with my friends~ i will mark u as the author on the repost page~~

Why not, it's internet, isn't it?

Zera
  • Zera

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

Probably because of increased draw distance. It's good to have increased limits for this.

I am already using your mvl settings, if that's what you mean.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

I am already using your mvl settings, if that's what you mean.

Ah, i misread that. Errorlog then?

Sidoarjo_Modder
  • Sidoarjo_Modder

【=◈‿◈=】

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:53 PM Edited by Sidoarjo_Modder, 25 October 2013 - 12:56 PM.

is it possible to make the lamppost-corona texture overlay-ing over the objects?

i mean, you know, the default GTASA's corona using textures for fading out over the objects, not using objects for fading out the coronas. i'm sure all of you knows the Anamorphic Flare implemented on some Hollywood movies, the flare will fade out when the light-flare-object going to be covered.

i've found a cleo script made by JuniorDjjr, that replaces the headlight coronas with sunflare, and fading out when the headlight covered by the objects, yeah the headlight, not the headlight texture. here's the screen:

adlNQBKt.jpg

look, the headlight corona overlaying the objects (pedestrian). default GTASA corona doesn't overlay the object.

sorry my bad english, i hope you know what i means. :rol:

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:12 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 25 October 2013 - 03:13 PM.

GTA3 version(alpha), for testing purposes only. Some ini parameters ignored, some features isn't implemented yet.
I think i messed up in corona limiter again and i'm gonna need Wesser's help one more time :)

Sakaesama
  • Sakaesama

STR

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

May I ask for the permission for reposting this mod to the other forum with this page's web link?~ I think this is a great mod~ And I really wanted to share it with my friends~ i will mark u as the author on the repost page~~

Why not, it's internet, isn't it?

Thank you, I will publish it in other forums!

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

What happened?
I remember that this was a very hot topic.

Anyways,I wanted to ask,is it possible to add green and red 2dfx coronas for aircraft and make them flash?

What I mean is,that can the aircrafts' navigation lights be rendered from a greater distance like the coronas in this mod?

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• GTA Mods Staff
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

Thats because the SA version has a stable release, and it appears not many people play VC or III anymore and are willing to test and provide feedback.

But this mod is ALWAYS going in the MUST-HAVE pile for all/any of my SA installs.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users