Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

• TJGM and DarkJoney like this

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • Romania
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Why lods_draw_distance_multiplier is set to 2.5 and not like ... lower (0.0) or even higher of this default setting ? For what purpose is this newest normal_new_draw_distance & patch_all_normal=0. Is more a question of learning.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:33 PM Edited by SilverRST, 14 October 2013 - 02:35 PM.

I have an idea but I don't know if that is possible or it cannot be done.

Before entering a interior, so right after touching the ENEX, make the IDE Tweaker disable itself.

The video is very amaing! Look at that! It's a whole new VC!

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Why lods_draw_distance_multiplier is set to 2.5 and not like ... lower (0.0) or even higher of this default setting ? For what purpose is this newest normal_new_draw_distance & patch_all_normal=0. Is more a question of learning.

The LOD multiplier is just an alternative to setting the set value yourself.

Normal new draw distance increases the distance on ALL objects. It's basically your LOD mod + trees. Although, if you have the value above max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects the game will crash.

artginPL
  • artginPL

Enterable Hidden Interiors

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Map Edit/Addition 2014 [Enterable Hidden Interiors]

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

This video looks great :p

Is this your timecyc v3 or another?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Before entering a interior, so right after touching the ENEX, make the IDE Tweaker disable itself.

You've got it all wrong :)

eqt8.th.jpg usv6.th.jpg

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

You've got it all wrong :)

eqt8.th.jpg usv6.th.jpg

I guess it's not possible? :p

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

I guess it's not possible? :p

Imagine that you replaced all draw distances in all .ide files inside generic folder on absolutely clean game. As we know, it will crash the game on entering/exiting interior. In this example IDE tweaker is not even installed, so what's the point to disable it?

P.S. 96r9.th.jpg

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

So, the problem isn't on the .asi code, but it's in the game engine itself?

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:41 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 14 October 2013 - 03:44 PM.

So, the problem isn't on the .asi code, but it's in the game engine itself?

Yup. If we changed all the same values in the IDE files manually it'll still crash.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

I see. Safe to say it's not fixable then?

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:53 PM Edited by nWo51289, 14 October 2013 - 04:58 PM.

Is there a reason why IDE_Tweaker doesn't work for Binary IPLS? (I know it modifies IDES but noticed something odd)

lod1.jpg

lod3.jpgThe majority of the objects in LAe.ipl are defined in binary ipls in a clean game. Majority of the objects in LAs2.ipl are in normal ipls. Before you ask what is wrong with my game, all the lods in LA have been removed. Noticed in the screen below where LAe is just nothing, LAs2.ipl in the background has been loaded.

lod4.jpg

Now if I move all the lines from the binary LAe.ipls to its normal ipl. The section will load.

lod2.jpg

lod5.jpg

Here are my settings below:

[MAIN]
enable=1
patch_tobjs=1
patch_lods=0
patch_generic=0
patch_all_normal=1 //do not use at the same time with patch_generic=1

[TOBJS]
tobjs_draw_distance_multiplier = 3.0

[LODS]
lods_draw_distance_multiplier = 0.0
lods_new_draw_distance = 6000.0 //if multiplier is set, this value will be ignored

[OBJS]
max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects = 7000.0 // it's better not to touch it at all
generic_new_draw_distance = 400.0
normal_new_draw_distance = 6400.0
  • SilverRST likes this

Dev1ant
  • Dev1ant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Top work guys. This is turning out to be one of gtasa's most essential mods. Works well alongside DK22Pac's Shadow Settings Extender and also SA_Traffic.cs as they all involve draw distances.

Have not experienced any crashes and have entered and exited multiple interiors all across the map with the latest version of this mod. Played a few missions involving interiors with no problems too.

• ural likes this

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

ThinkPad is love

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

Have not experienced any crashes and have entered and exited multiple interiors all across the map with the latest version of this mod. Played a few missions involving interiors with no problems too.

Entered Binco at Ganton? Or Cluckin Bell?

juanma_16
  • juanma_16

Cute Poison

• Members
  • Uruguay

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:17 PM Edited by juanma_16, 14 October 2013 - 08:20 PM.

The game crashes at the start of the mission "Los sepulcros". Just after entering the car and start driving.

Dev1ant
  • Dev1ant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Yes, just did them to check. Just tried the 10xdraw distance timecyc with this mod - lags like hell but I can see Mount chilliad from Grove St!.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Actually, I'm starting to experience the same thing. Binco at Ganton or CB near Emmet. I hope not, but tomorrow I will install Srt3 MME on a clean game and check this out.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:56 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 14 October 2013 - 08:58 PM.

Crashes are from the IDE tweaker, you'll have to wait until we figure something out to fix the bugs. Until then, just remove it when you're entering interiors or apparently a mission that crashes. (haven't tested it yet)

Yes, just did them to check. Just tried the 10xdraw distance timecyc with this mod - lags like hell but I can see Mount chilliad from Grove St!.

This is another problem. 13AG and you seem to be the only ones not experiencing crashes and we have no idea why..

Dev1ant
  • Dev1ant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:27 PM Edited by Dev1ant, 14 October 2013 - 09:29 PM.

Crashes are from the IDE tweaker, you'll have to wait until we figure something out to fix the bugs. Until then, just remove it when you're entering interiors or apparently a mission that crashes. (haven't tested it yet)

This is another problem. 13AG and you seem to be the only ones not experiencing crashes and we have no idea why..

I'm using SilentPL's asi loader, fastman32's IMG limit adjuster,Deji's StreamIniExtender.cs and the 2GB memory cs. These maybe helping somehow? Also using the new BSOR with no problems.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

ThinkPad is love

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:31 PM Edited by MrMateczko, 14 October 2013 - 09:37 PM.

I'm using SilentPL's asi loader, fastman32's IMG limit adjuster,Deji's StreamIniExtender.cs and the 2GB memory cs. These maybe helping somehow? Also using the new BSOR with no problems.

I'm using all the same things, except the IMG limit adjuster, and I encouter crashes.

Installing IMG limit adjuster didn't help at all.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

I'm using all the same things, except the IMG limit adjuster, and I encouter crashes.

Installing IMG limit adjuster didn't help at all.

IMG Limit Adjuster is only neccessary when you have more than 8 archives registered in gta.dat \ default.dat.
There's nothing else to which IMG Limit Adjuster would help.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

Use patch_generic=0 or patch_generic=1 + generic_new_draw_distance = 150.0(which is kinda pointless), nothing else can be done to stop the game from interior crash at the moment.

Zera
  • Zera

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

If you're unable to fix the crashing, it would be a good idea for a configurable option of the distance the coronas start spawning/disappearing. That way we can adapt it to the regular draw distance of the lamppost lights. Not sure if it would look too weird up close though.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

Just tried to disable some plugins i have, without maplimit.asi i have that crash aswell.
So, try to install it: http://www.sendspace.com/file/k2beh3
And let me know, if it works, then i'll add this to mod archive.

johnny404
  • johnny404

(ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

No crashes for me with maplimit.asi

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Just tried to disable some plugins i have, without maplimit.asi i have that crash aswell.

It's getting worse, my game never succeeds to load a savegame, not even when starting a new game.

Do I need something? Do i have to adjust the ini of the maplimit?

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

It's getting worse, my game never succeeds to load a savegame, not even when starting a new game.

Stops the crashes for me. What are you IDE Tweaker settings?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:23 PM Edited by -BLITZ-, 15 October 2013 - 12:26 PM.

So this are my two results.

Strange is that I'm using maplimit too. However is does crash even with it. But if I set 

[MAIN]
patch_tobjs=1
patch_lods=1
patch_generic=0

everything works fine now when I exist from those two interiors and this is a previous version and not the lastest version. [SRt3 + Lod Mod + Maplimit]. Playing on a testing SA game. Even on a clean game, without Srt3 or Lod Mod, I have to set patch_generic=0

What does patch_generic actually do ?

--------------------------------

Second result.

With the lastest patch, I have to do the following settings in order to fix the exterior crash, using Srt3 + Lod Mod + Tweaker.ini with 6500 new IPL lines + Corona mod who adds another bundle of IPL lines + maplimit. And so far everything seems to be very okay. Actually I'm playing here on my own modded game.

[MAIN]
enable=1
patch_tobjs=1
patch_lods=0
patch_generic=0
patch_all_normal=0

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by SilverRST, 15 October 2013 - 12:25 PM.

Stops the crashes for me. What are you IDE Tweaker settings?

IDE Tweaker settings are the stock ones when downloaded the newest version. I haven't edited the settings.

[MAIN]
enable=1
patch_tobjs=1
patch_lods=1
patch_generic=1
patch_all_normal=0 //do not use at the same time with patch_generic=1

[TOBJS]
tobjs_draw_distance_multiplier = 3.0

[LODS]
lods_draw_distance_multiplier = 2.5
lods_new_draw_distance = 2000.0 //if multiplier is set, this value will be ignored

[OBJS]
max_draw_distance_for_normal_objects = 0.0 // it's better not to touch it at all
generic_new_draw_distance = 300.0
normal_new_draw_distance = 300.0

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

If you're unable to fix the crashing, it would be a good idea for a configurable option of the distance the coronas start spawning/disappearing. That way we can adapt it to the regular draw distance of the lamppost lights. Not sure if it would look too weird up close though.

That is pointless because the game crashes too when the Project 2dfx is not installed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users